• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Jack I would like to sincerely thank you for all your help and contributions. You my friend are a great person! Thanks again for all the help, all errors are fixed, the categories one was a break in my index.php file, I removed a } and added a <?php and it worked. Bless.

Thank you for the kind thoughts. :)

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

After all that, my code is too heavily modded to use it. I can't even find most of the things to replace in index.php.

I'll have to find another solution.

You can skip the changes in the index file, other than for the head section. You'll lose the category descriptions option, which is no small loss, but the rest of it will work.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You can skip the changes in the index file, other than for the head section. You'll lose the category descriptions option, which is no small loss, but the rest of it will work.

Really?!

Awesome! :D

I'll do it now and post back to let you know how I get on! Thanks!

Really?!

Awesome! :D

I'll do it now and post back to let you know how I get on! Thanks!

Excellent! I've done it!

Thank you for such a brilliant contrib. It's working (so far) flawlessly with Ultimate Urls 5.

The amount of work you must have put in to this has not been unnoticed. Sincerely, thank you for all your work.

I am now happy to bestow upon you the official title of "OSC Legend". You may now insist that it's how you be addressed in future.

Thanks again!

Bugger. I spoke too soon. They're not working together.

I did see something to make them compatible with each other, but now I can't find it for the life of me!

If you know where it is, could you stick a link here please?

Bugger. I spoke too soon. They're not working together.

I did see something to make them compatible with each other, but now I can't find it for the life of me!

If you know where it is, could you stick a link here please?

Uh oh. Will I lose my title? ;) As I recall, you need to change the setting in SEO 5 to use rewrite for the type of url.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Answered my own question and got it fixed.

For the benefit of any future users, please make sure you're using the RIGHT .htaccess file (included within the package of Ultimate URLS 5).

Jack_mcs remains an "OSC Legend" of the highest degree.

Hi Jack,

Another contribution (Header Tags SEO 3.2.6) added successfully, thank you.

Except for one thing.:(

I disabled SEO URL 5 because I noticed that when clicking on a category in the admin, and then clicking on a product - everything loads fine. When I click the 'Edit' button, to edit the product, I'm directed back to the categories. My thinking was this was a rewrite issue.

For example, http://www.onlinestore.com/store/onlineadmin/categories.php?cPath=25&pID=39 is the product url in the admin. I click on 'edit', which appends the url with http://www.onlinestore.com/store/onlineadmin/categories.php?cPath=25&pID=39&action=new_product

I am not able to get to the product edit page. I reverted back to the old 'categories.php' and it works fine. I'm going to redo all the edits for the Header Tags SEO contribution, as likely it might be an error on my part. However, I just wanted get this post up to see if anyone else came across this issue.

Thanks for all you do.

No good. I used WinMerge to compare the files, and on loading the categories in the admin, I got this Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/content/***/******/html/store/admin****/categories.php on line 417

So I removed the '}', now it's reverting back to previous unwanted behavior. When I click on 'edit' product button, the url is appended, and then that string that was appended disappears.

...categories.php?cPath=&cID=25

Should be appended with categories.php?cPath=25&pID=39&action=new_product but I get this .../categories.php?cPath=&pID= The cpath and the ID are blank.

Could you assist me?

Thanks.

Edited by birdrockdesigns

I can't seem to find the 'edit post' link

Anyway, I ran the Header Tags Test several times, and despite removing the code from the 'affiliate' files contribution, I still get errors as noted

CRE or oscMax Error: explain

CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the affiliate_banners_build_cat.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the affiliate_banners_category.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the affiliate_validcats.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

All the PHP related to header tags have been commented out or removed. Is this a cache issue?

Arg.

No good. I used WinMerge to compare the files, and on loading the categories in the admin, I got this Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/content/***/******/html/store/admin****/categories.php on line 417

So I removed the '}', now it's reverting back to previous unwanted behavior. When I click on 'edit' product button, the url is appended, and then that string that was appended disappears.

...categories.php?cPath=&cID=25

Should be appended with categories.php?cPath=25&pID=39&action=new_product but I get this .../categories.php?cPath=&pID= The cpath and the ID are blank.

Problems with the products or categories edit pages can almost always be traced to a problem with the categories.php file. You should be able to use the included file to test with but since you are running CRE it may not work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't seem to find the 'edit post' link

Anyway, I ran the Header Tags Test several times, and despite removing the code from the 'affiliate' files contribution, I still get errors as noted

CRE or oscMax Error: explain

CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the affiliate_banners_build_cat.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the affiliate_banners_category.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the affiliate_validcats.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

All the PHP related to header tags have been commented out or removed. Is this a cache issue?

Arg.

The error is saying that the Header Tags code that goes in the head section of a file is present in those files. Since you are running CRE, there shouldn't be such code in those files. It won't stop the contribution from working but it isn't how it should be setup either.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's the strange thing, I'm not running CRE or OscMAX. It's a manual install of 2.3.1

I have the Affiliate Contribution which I modded for 2.3.1, Security Pro, SEO URLS 5, and Header Tags SEO

I uploaded a clean version of admin/categories.php and I can edit the products, I made the changes for Header Tags SEO and that's when the issues arise. I have yet to completely uninstall SEO URL 5.

I'm stumped. Why would the test think I was using CRE?

That's the strange thing, I'm not running CRE or OscMAX. It's a manual install of 2.3.1

I have the Affiliate Contribution which I modded for 2.3.1, Security Pro, SEO URLS 5, and Header Tags SEO

I uploaded a clean version of admin/categories.php and I can edit the products, I made the changes for Header Tags SEO and that's when the issues arise. I have yet to completely uninstall SEO URL 5.

I'm stumped. Why would the test think I was using CRE?

That may be normal because files in 2.3 shouldn't have the head code either. But that's a side issue and doesn't have anything to do with the problem in the categories.php file. SEO 5 wouldn't be at fault either since it doesn't change urls in the admin. The only thing it can be, as far as i can tell, is a mistake in the categories.php file. Be sure you are using the one from the 2.3 directory in the contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Guess who's back, Jack?

Just wondering if the issues with FCKeditor not functioning within this had been resolved or if there's a work around?

I need it to be able to embed YouTube videos, and have a text editor that functions - as I'm not the only one who changes the site content.

Any ideas?

I've installed it and... well, it appears to work... Is it lying to me? Will it break? Am I missing something or is it really as easy as changing one line of code?!

It can't be, surely!?

I don't know what you mean about changing one line of code. Once installed, you shouldn't have to change any code since using the editor is controlled via the settings. As far as I know, the editor works fine with Header Tags.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I set the includes>header_tags.php file to 755 and when I logged into the Header tags SEO section in my admin section is recommended that I set it to 705. Once I did that the warning went away.

But since I didn't see 705 listed in your install docs or trouble shooting section (only saw 755 and 777) I wanted to check with you to make sure that 705 is a safe setting.

Edited by ggrant3

It is quite strange that the Header Tags SEO check the permission with "catalog/images". To my guest, you have set this directory at "705" too.

crying.gif

I set the includes>header_tags.php file to 755 and when I logged into the Header tags SEO section in my admin section is recommended that I set it to 705. Once I did that the warning went away.

But since I didn't see 705 listed in your install docs or trouble shooting section (only saw 755 and 777) I wanted to check with you to make sure that 705 is a safe setting.

YaNotCook !!

It seems that the contribution is working for me, but I appear to have lost my fckeditor. When I go to edit a product it just has the standard text editing box.

I read a few posts up that you said the fckeditor should work fine with this contribution as is. From what I have read I should focus on the admin>categories.php file but any idea which part could cause the fckeditor to drop off?

Just noticed that I lost my breadcrumps too.

Edited by ggrant3

It is quite strange that the Header Tags SEO check the permission with "catalog/images". To my guest, you have set this directory at "705" too.

crying.gif

You're right. My images is set to 705 also.

So that could have triggered it (Header Tags SEO) to request the same?

Should my images not be set to 705?

The correct permissions settings are determined by how the server is setup. Since the images directory has to be writeable to allow adding new images from admin, the permissions for that directory should be correct. So the code in Header Tags checks the permissions on that directory and compares it against the header tags file and displays the error message if they are different. 755 and 777 are the most common settings, which is why the install mentions them but they may not work correctly for every site. If you read the rest of the paragraph regarding the settings, you'll see it says to check the settings on the images directory.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons