• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I should have stated this better. /home/ is just short for /home/site/blah/blah/balh/public_html/

so what it's really looking for is

header_tags_seo.php

header_tags_fill_tags.php

includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt

includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php

includes/languages/english/header_tags_seo.php

I don't even see any root files in the "catalog" directory. These files do exist, but in other directories, where they are supposed to. I'm not sure if this is even an error because it looks like it's installed properly. I will try to run fill tags and see what happens.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just moved a site to another host that had SEO Header Tags working perfectly, but now every page only shows the default tags. The permissions are set correctly on header_tags.php (755), all settings appear to have transferred over correctly in the database. Any thoughts on what might affect it in this way between two servers? All code and database values are identical between the two servers...

There shouldn't be anything on the server that would cause that. I suspect your database tables didn't get updated correctly. Try running the test routine and using the troubleshooting sections to isolate the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I just ran the test and I got a Missing File message:

Cannot find file /html/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /html/header_tags_fill_tags.php.

Cannot find file /html/includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt.

Cannot find file /html/includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /html/includes/languages/english/header_tags_seo.php.

I don't see these in the "catalog" folder. I don't have a new shop. Where do I get these files --- did I do something wrong?

Same problem as before. You must have uploaded the files that go in the english directory of admin to the one in hte shop.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Same problem as before. You must have uploaded the files that go in the english directory of admin to the one in hte shop.

No actually I just copied over the catalog folder, and my ftp sorts it all out to the proper directories. I just checked and there is no header_tags_seo.php in the root directory. So maybe it's looking for something listed in a file somewhere? I don't know. Everything seems to be working ok.

Anyway I'm having another problem. My clients wants unique tags for certain categories & products. I have gone into a category in admin, and entered asdf for the title, desc & keywords, and it IS pulling that info into the database, but the page still shows "page name - store name"

How would I go about changing one category/product page at a time? I don't want to fill them again or erase all of them - I want the others to do the default as they are set to do.

Am I supposed to go to Categories > Edit Category ?

Also, I have a slight other problem. When I go to use Fill Tags in firefox 3, the browser starts loading after I click to begin, and then it starts to download the file instead of refreshing, and it opens up other windows, so yesterday I started and went to take a break and had 124 windows open. I've seen this happen before with firefox on other sites, but usually once I reboot or just close the program, the problem goes away. This happens every time. Is there anything I can do to fix it? If not I'll use another browser.

No actually I just copied over the catalog folder, and my ftp sorts it all out to the proper directories. I just checked and there is no header_tags_seo.php in the root directory.

Try look in includes/languages/english.

Am I supposed to go to Categories > Edit Category ?

Yes.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Also, I have a slight other problem. When I go to use Fill Tags in firefox 3, the browser starts loading after I click to begin, and then it starts to download the file instead of refreshing, and it opens up other windows, so yesterday I started and went to take a break and had 124 windows open. I've seen this happen before with firefox on other sites, but usually once I reboot or just close the program, the problem goes away. This happens every time. Is there anything I can do to fix it? If not I'll use another browser.

That's not a Header Tags issue. You should ask in the support thread for FF.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes.

I tried that, and I did the fill tag for just the one category and it's still showing generic "page title - store name"

Am I missing something in a file? If so, which file should I look at. I can go over the installation instructions again.

Hello Jack

I am using 3.2.1 and trying the canonical tag. Now is ON and when checking code in a manufacturer page inside the shop I get www.site.es/shop/catalog// , all products and even categories are showing canonical correctly.

Any ideas about this?

Regards

I am using 3.2.1 and trying the canonical tag. Now is ON and when checking code in a manufacturer page inside the shop I get www.site.es/shop/catalog// , all products and even categories are showing canonical correctly.

There are a few known problems with the canonical tag system in Header Tags. It will be updated with the next version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There are a few known problems with the canonical tag system in Header Tags. It will be updated with the next version.

I am having the same problem with V3.2.2 Do you recommend we turn off the canonical tag, or would we be better off to leave it in place?

Patiently awaiting for the fix in V3.2.3

I am having the same problem with V3.2.2 Do you recommend we turn off the canonical tag, or would we be better off to leave it in place?

Patiently awaiting for the fix in V3.2.3

That's a tough call. For the categories and products, it mostly works. Where it doesn't work for those pages, it is still probably better to have it on than off. But I wasn't aware of the manufacturer pages doing that and the canonical links for those pages are wrong. But you can't turn off just some pages and I think the categories and products are more important than the manufacturers pages so I would say leave it on.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't understand what you mean about uploading it. Do you mean to the bookmarking sites? If so, no, it won't work that way.

I want to add the sharethis icon to all my product pages and haven't found a good contribution for this. I was wondering if I could use the file in header tags seo or would I have to make more modifications?

I want to add the sharethis icon to all my product pages and haven't found a good contribution for this. I was wondering if I could use the file in header tags seo or would I have to make more modifications?

That site provides their own code that you insert where you like in he shop. You don't need Header Tags code to get it to work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The implode error is because of missing title or tag data. If you clear the tags or don't run them, that will cause that. Go to fill tags, select Fill All for each of the three sections and update. Don't use any of the overrides until you do this. If it still fails, post the results of the test function.

Hello Jack,

I have the same error warnings but only on the manufacturers index pages. I have ran all Fill tags, but it does not help!

Depending on what I check or uncheck in Page Control the errors come for lines 64,65 and 66 in the includes/header_tags.php file

But, If I check the root tag in Page Control the errors disappear alltogether, but as my root tag should be the Title Tag for the

start index pages only, checking it makes it reappear on every categories index page.

A search for "warning function.implode 66 header_tags" gives examples of what I describe.

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /xxx/yyy/htdocs/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 66

Could these warnings easily be removed ? It would be greatly appreciated as I d really like having a unique start page Title

Have a nice day and thanks if you could have a look at it.

David

david

I have the same error warnings but only on the manufacturers index pages. I have ran all Fill tags, but it does not help!

Depending on what I check or uncheck in Page Control the errors come for lines 64,65 and 66 in the includes/header_tags.php file

But, If I check the root tag in Page Control the errors disappear alltogether, but as my root tag should be the Title Tag for the start index pages only, checking it makes it reappear on every categories index page.

If you go to admin->Catalog and can see the manufacturer data there and your Header Tags is installed correctly, then your manufacturers table are probably not setup correctly. There are two of them and they can get out of sync. You would have to edit the tables to fix that or not use the manufacturer option.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed HEADER TAGS SEO contribution few months back...Yesterday when I checked my website It was not working..as the title, description and keyword are not showing up.... Only the homepage is showing the title,description and keywords....the other pages are not!!!

My website is www.saadstore.com

When I checked the code of those website through browser it shows me the following picture

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

<head>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/lightbox.js"></script>

<title></title>

<meta name="Description" content="" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="" >

<meta name="googlebot" content="all" >

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" >

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >

<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" >

<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" >

<meta name="no-email-collection" value="http://saadstore.com" >

<link rel="canonical" href="http://saadstore.com/swimming-pool-p-134.html" >

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" >

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

<base href="http://saadstore.com/">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,left=150')

}

//--></script>

</head>

<body>

<a name=""></a>

<!-- header //-->

<div id="header">

Please help, I am a newbie....and know very little about programming...and please suggest a simple solution..

Regards

Saad

Edited by saadmubeen

I have installed HEADER TAGS SEO contribution few months back...Yesterday when I checked my website It was not working..as the title, description and keyword are not showing up.... Only the homepage is showing the title,description and keywords....the other pages are not!!!

If it was working before and isn't now and you have changed anything in Header Tags, then either something on the server has changed or some other change was made to the shop to cause the problem. The first step is to trobuelshoot it using the test section and by reading the various problem and fixes in that section.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If it was working before and isn't now and you have changed anything in Header Tags, then either something on the server has changed or some other change was made to the shop to cause the problem. The first step is to trobuelshoot it using the test section and by reading the various problem and fixes in that section.

Can you not diagnose the problem??? please i don't know anything about it...

Can you not diagnose the problem??? please i don't know anything about it...

A lot of effort went into writing a test routine to answer common problems. Are you not able to click on a button to use that feature?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A lot of effort went into writing a test routine to answer common problems. Are you not able to click on a button to use that feature?

Sorry man for my ignorance...I didn't get you the first time

Here are the test results

==============================================

Test Results

Duplicate title found: explain

for English

exists more than once.

Faber Castell exists more than once.

Picasso Colour Pencils exists more than once.

Duplicate meta description found: explain

for English

exists more than once.

Buy King AAA Batteries in Pakistan, Karachi - Heavy Duty Battery- Home Delivery exists more than once.

Art Set Medium Size exists more than once.

============================================================================================

These are the two questions which are applicable for my situation

=================================================================

Q: Why do the titles and tags show in admin but not on the shop?

A: Either the head code change for the files in the shop is missing or the includes/header_tags.php file is at fault. The latter can be replaced with the one from the contribution.

Q: Why are my categories or products missing titles or meta tag information?

A: You need to run Fill Tags to setup up the titles and meta tags or edit them manually in the catalog section.

=============================================================================

I have filled all the tags in the catalog section by myself.....and I have also replaced a new header_tags.php file. I have checked the head code in product_info.php and it is correct...Only index.php is showing the title and description...please help

Google Deindexed 40 pages of this website because of this problem....I figured out this problem very late....

Edited by saadmubeen

I have filled all the tags in the catalog section by myself.....and I have also replaced a new header_tags.php file. I have checked the head code in product_info.php and it is correct...Only index.php is showing the title and description...please help

If the problem is that the title and tags show on the home and category pages but not on the product pages and you can see the title and tags in the products edit page in admin, then you either don't have the product checkbox checked for product_info.php in page controll, or there is something wrong on your shop side. In the case of the latter, you can replace your product_info.php file with the included one to isolate the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If the problem is that the title and tags show on the home and category pages but not on the product pages and you can see the title and tags in the products edit page in admin, then you either don't have the product checkbox checked for product_info.php in page controll, or there is something wrong on your shop side. In the case of the latter, you can replace your product_info.php file with the included one to isolate the problem.

Thank you so much man !!! Problem is resolved I didn't have the product checkbox checked for productinfo.php......

I don't want to display Category Parents in Title and Tags...what should I do???

Currently the title for a product which is in a toy category is like

Toy - R/C CAR

What I want is

R/C CAR

I don't want to display its parent..

Regards

Saad

Edited by saadmubeen