• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

finally figured out what was misshaping my site. the headers include went walkies somehow, bit strange as its on anold backup file. i think i replaced with some addon as i hadnt made any changes, im not sure which maybe.

still having problems with this info.php

think im almost done lol 4:15 morning here and i think i started posting on here this morning like 18 hours ago lol and almost complete these modules

Edited by c.bowley2

Hello Jack, I am having trouble with the social booking portion of Header Tags SE0 V 3.2.2. When the pages are bookmarked it uses the title in the <h1> tag, I would like the page to be bookmarked using the title in meta tag title, as it is much more descriptive.

Is this possible? If so what do I have to change?

In the includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php file, change the line that reads

$TITLE = urlencode($category['categories_name']);

to

$TITLE = urlencode($header_tags_array['title']);

Change the other TITLE string the same way. I think that will do it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

still having problems with this info.php

think im almost done lol 4:15 morning here and i think i started posting on here this morning like 18 hours ago lol and almost complete these modules

That's not a Header Tags file so I can't help with that problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for an awsome contrib! Works like a charm so far.

I have a question though (might be the stupidest one), is there a way of having two Header titles in the top bar?

To be more specific, i want to have my original header tag "My Storename - Phonenumber xx-xxxxx" to be added after the header tag added in your contrib.

If i add this info in the SEO contrib its also showing up in the Catalog structure (and that just look messy)

Thanks for an awsome contrib! Works like a charm so far.

I have a question though (might be the stupidest one), is there a way of having two Header titles in the top bar?

To be more specific, i want to have my original header tag "My Storename - Phonenumber xx-xxxxx" to be added after the header tag added in your contrib.

I don't understand what you mean by "original header tag." You also don't mention what page you want the two titles on. But they are completely editable from admin so I'm sure it can be done.

If i add this info in the SEO contrib its also showing up in the Catalog structure (and that just look messy)

What's the "SEO contrib" and "Catalog structure?"

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This info.php is being referneced to the top of the admin screen only when clicking on the header tags seo option where you will have page control etc under it. the message is at the top of the screen, if this isnt part of your conribs how is it referenced only in this page?

error at top of screen as below

Failed to open file: C:/wamp/www/info.php

Error Permissions settings for the C:/wamp/www/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

also if you look at screenshot2 example 2 on my img links i cant seem to remove the Get them while theyre hot title and then replace it with the ones header tags seo does, i think i can figure how to remove it but then id have no title as the specials page would not be visible in the admin > catalog >

This info.php is being referneced to the top of the admin screen only when clicking on the header tags seo option where you will have page control etc under it. the message is at the top of the screen, if this isnt part of your conribs how is it referenced only in this page?

error at top of screen as below

Header Tags is trying to load that page because it sees it as part of the shop because there is a file in includes/languages/english/ named info.php. But it can't find the file named info.php in the root directory so it is displaying that error. You either need to add that file to your root or delete the file from the english directory. Or, since it is only letting you know of the problem, you can just ignore it. No harm is done unless that file is needed for your shop to work.

Error Permissions settings for the C:/wamp/www/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

See the documentation for this error.

also if you look at screenshot2 example 2 on my img links i cant seem to remove the Get them while theyre hot title and then replace it with the ones header tags seo does, i think i can figure how to remove it but then id have no title as the specials page would not be visible in the admin > catalog >

I don't understand this statement. Whether or not something shows up in admin->Catalog (I'm assuming you mean admin->Catalog->Specials), doesn't have anything to do with this contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi jack fixed the info.php, removed as not needed

this file permissions is not an issue as this is a apache server on windows (my test server) didnt mention this as i understood the message but thanks

the last issue is in the main catalog site if you look at the following

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6366/scrshot2.png

it contains two images on this,

example 1 shows the space that header tags creates and pushes the boxes down on all product category pages and the blank space is where the header would go if i typed one which i havent fore this scrshot (which is fine)

example 2 is the specials page which is not in the admin cattegories i know, but as you can see it has its own title in the green box "get them while etc" and id like this to go in the same place as the category pages same as image example 1(do you understand what i mean?)

it contains two images on this,

example 1 shows the space that header tags creates and pushes the boxes down on all product category pages and the blank space is where the header would go if i typed one which i havent fore this scrshot (which is fine)

example 2 is the specials page which is not in the admin cattegories i know, but as you can see it has its own title in the green box "get them while etc" and id like this to go in the same place as the category pages same as image example 1(do you understand what i mean?)

I can't clearly see the first image but the contribution adds a place for text on the category pages. If you haven't filled those in, then there would probably be a space there. To fill them in, first run fill tags for categories and then edit the category and enter text for the categories description.

For the second image, Header Tags only changes the page heading for the cateories and product pages. You need to edit that in includes/languages/english.php. You can change the HEADING_TITLE in the root file to $header_tags_array['title'] and it will use the title from Header Tags for that page.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello and congratulations on the effort and the result of this addon.

Can you or anyone please help me on a small (I hope) problem with the addon?

The problem is with the page title not showing only in categories pages. Home page (index.php) and product pages (product_info.php) work fine. The whole installation of the addon went smoothly. Only errors in test page is the permission error in header_tags.php and some "Missing Code in File" in the reviews file which I can safely ignore.

When I go to Admin -> Catalaog -> Categories and edit them I see all the tags filled in both languages I use in the eshop (greek and english).

On the site all pages have title and meta tags except the categories pages where on view source all these tags (including <title>) are empty.

Check for yourself: http://www.volcanwines.gr/eshop

(default language is greek so be sure to change it).

Thanks in advance.

George

On the site all pages have title and meta tags except the categories pages where on view source all these tags (including <title>) are empty.

If everything else is working and the title and tags are in the categories in admin, it can only be the index.php or, maybe, the includes/hedertags.php files. You can try to upload the included index.php file for a quick test to see if that is the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If everything else is working and the title and tags are in the categories in admin, it can only be the index.php or, maybe, the includes/hedertags.php files. You can try to upload the included index.php file for a quick test to see if that is the problem.

Hi and thanks for the fast reply. I didn't touch includes/hedeartags.php, I just uploaded it.

I double checked all changes in index.php and I uploaded the original contribution file to check it as you suggested and all changes were ok and the contribution file uploaded fine and the problem in both cases still persists.

any other idea?

thanks

George

Edited by web2dev

Hi and thanks for the fast reply. I didn't touch includes/hedeartags.php, I just uploaded it.

I double checked all changes in index.php and I uploaded the original contribution file to check it as you suggested and all changes were ok and the contribution file uploaded fine and the problem in both cases still persists.

any other idea?

thanks

George

never mind. I am not sure why or how, but it works now. Only thing I did was in the admin page control where I checked category in include in the default tags hoping that at least for now the category pages will have the default title instead of nothing, but all of a sudden they work properly with the correct titles and tags.

anyway...

thanks for the help and the addon.

Geogre

never mind. I am not sure why or how, but it works now. Only thing I did was in the admin page control where I checked category in include in the default tags hoping that at least for now the category pages will have the default title instead of nothing, but all of a sudden they work properly with the correct titles and tags.

I'm sorry I missed the obvious. I should have mentioned that you have to have the Category box checked in Page Control for the index page.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry I missed the obvious. I should have mentioned that you have to have the Category box checked in Page Control for the index page.

Oh ok. thanks again.

However if I didn't missread the installation and guide txt files I think it said not to have any of the checkboxes in include checked when we set the default values for the tags.

Maybe I missread it.

Nevermind since it's all ok.

Thank you

George

I installed this tonight and things went well. I tested the social bookmarking from a product with Facebook and had unexpected results. The facebook URL was malformed where the http:// appeared twice. I made a small edit to correct this but still see the following issues.

1 my session I'd was appended to the URL

2 the text that was send to facebook appears to be the full category list from the left column and did not mention the product at all.

What have I missed?

I installed this tonight and things went well. I tested the social bookmarking from a product with Facebook and had unexpected results. The facebook URL was malformed where the http:// appeared twice. I made a small edit to correct this but still see the following issues.

1 my session I'd was appended to the URL

2 the text that was send to facebook appears to be the full category list from the left column and did not mention the product at all.

What have I missed?

That code is pretty straightforward so I don't see how it can be listing the full list. The only thing I can think it might be is a mistake in your configure file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I took a deeper look into this and the issue seems to be at the Facebook side where it is attempting to create a thumbnail and only sees the list of categories and not data from the index.php text.

I was wondering can I take the social bookmarking file and just upload it? I want to use Sharethis.com for social bookmarking of my site but most of the contributions seem unsupported or dead.

I don't understand what you mean about uploading it. Do you mean to the bookmarking sites? If so, no, it won't work that way.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just installed the latest version of Header Tags SEO and for this store, it was SO heavily modified that I had to skip a few steps - such as showing the category description and all that and editing breadcrumbs, because they have deleted all the category name, desc & image and have custom breadcrumbs. BUT I dont think that make a whole lot of difference. Anyway the install went fine but when I went into admin (http://www.site.com/admin/header_tags_seo.php?selected_box=headertags) I see a message twice:

Failed to open file: /home/site/html/home_group.php

Failed to open file: /home/site/html/home_group.php

I can't find a single reference to this file and I don't have it anywhere, so of course it can't find it.

Any idea what this might be? Did I do something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

~Kira

ps - I did do a search in this thread for "home_group.php" and got no results. Thanks!

Edited by ~Kira

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I can't find a single reference to this file and I don't have it anywhere, so of course it can't find it.

Any idea what this might be? Did I do something wrong?

See the fix for this in the last page or so. It's a different file but the same reason, most likely.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just moved a site to another host that had SEO Header Tags working perfectly, but now every page only shows the default tags. The permissions are set correctly on header_tags.php (755), all settings appear to have transferred over correctly in the database. Any thoughts on what might affect it in this way between two servers? All code and database values are identical between the two servers...

See the fix for this in the last page or so. It's a different file but the same reason, most likely.

ok I understand. Thanks so much for your quick reply. Actually I searched the site over and over for a reference, but it was actually a blank file on the server. *Delete*

:)

I just ran the test and I got a Missing File message:

Cannot find file /html/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /html/header_tags_fill_tags.php.

Cannot find file /html/includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt.

Cannot find file /html/includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /html/includes/languages/english/header_tags_seo.php.

I don't see these in the "catalog" folder. I don't have a new shop. Where do I get these files --- did I do something wrong?