• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I do have it only in spanish...what kind of products edit i need? don´t scare me....

Go to a product page on your site. Are there any missing parts of Header Tags - title, meta tags, currently viewing? If so, go to that product page in admin, make sure the meta tag boxes are filled in and update it. Then go back to the shop and verify the missing data is now showing.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

HI

I have just spent the day installing this contribution it looks great but I have a couple of issues :

1/

I only have one language on the site : French with ID 4

(I have placed the EN language files in the admin/includes/languages/french ...)

I ran the test in the admin

and I get :

Language Mismatch Error:

Language ID 1 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages

So I see the headertags_default table has 2 rows the first is set to 1 (the second to 4)

when I modify this in the 1 st table from 1 to 4

I then get an error message when I update the default tags in the admin

:

1062 - Duplicate entry 'moto store - braking shop-4' for key 1

update headertags_default set default_title = 'moto store - braking shop', default_description = '', default_keywords = '', default_logo_text = '', default_logo_append_group = '0', default_logo_append_category = '1', default_logo_append_manufacturer = '0', default_logo_append_product = '1', meta_google = '0', meta_language = '0', meta_noodp = '1', meta_noydir = '1', meta_replyto = '0', meta_revisit = '0', meta_robots = '0', meta_unspam = '0', meta_canonical = '1' where language_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

2/ I have installed the hide categories also before so this off course does not work anymore after doing the modifications in /admin/includes/categories.php

For this I just put my old file back it does notseem to have an issue with the HeaderTags contrib.

I just do not have the extra filds in the categories admin section...

Thanks for any ideas.

1/

I only have one language on the site : French with ID 4

(I have placed the EN language files in the admin/includes/languages/french ...)

2/ I have installed the hide categories also before so this off course does not work anymore after doing the modifications in /admin/includes/categories.php

For this I just put my old file back it does notseem to have an issue with the HeaderTags contrib.

I just do not have the extra filds in the categories admin section...

1 - You have to fix the entries in the header tags tables to reference language ID 4 if you want to get rid of the errors. Or just clear those tables and then run fill tags.

2 - Header Tags will work fine with that contribution but you have to merge the code where the two mix.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Run fill tags and turn of the include category options in page control.

I have tried that but if I do that the title tag for the product info pages does not include the category name. I want the category name in the title but not the meta description from the categories to be added to the meta description for the product info pages. Is that possible?

I have STS installed.

I also get this error message when I test the installation in admin.

STS Error:

STS is running and the head code in the header_tags_seo.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

HI

Thanks for your answer.

I reloaded the whole DB from back up and started fresh

The default_title table now has only one row in it..?

I changed the ID to 4 my default Lang

and I still get and error when I reload the default tags:

1062 - Duplicate entry 'Default title-4' for key 1

update headertags_default set default_title = 'Default title', default_description = 'Default description', default_keywords = 'Default Keywords', default_logo_text = 'Default Logo Text', default_logo_append_group = '0', default_logo_append_category = '1', default_logo_append_manufacturer = '1', default_logo_append_product = '1', meta_google = '0', meta_language = '0', meta_noodp = '1', meta_noydir = '1', meta_replyto = '0', meta_revisit = '0', meta_robots = '0', meta_unspam = '0', meta_canonical = '1' where language_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

Ok

I figured that there was a row too much in the headertags_default table

(should only be one right?)

by looking at the sql file, where I also updated the lang ID to 4

I loaded that and now it seems ok

I will be able now to go and play around with this

thanks!!

:)

I have tried that but if I do that the title tag for the product info pages does not include the category name. I want the category name in the title but not the meta description from the categories to be added to the meta description for the product info pages. Is that possible?

I have STS installed.

I also get this error message when I test the installation in admin.

STS Error:

STS is running and the head code in the header_tags_seo.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

You would need to edit the code to remove the category from the meta description since there isn't an option to do that.

The error you are seeing is because it found a file in the root that has Header Tags code in it, which is incorrect for STS shops. But this is a little different since header_tags_seo.php does not belong on the shop side.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

HI

Thanks for your answer.

I reloaded the whole DB from back up and started fresh

The default_title table now has only one row in it..?

I changed the ID to 4 my default Lang

and I still get and error when I reload the default tags:

I don't know why that is failing since it seems to be getting the language ID correctly. I would have to look at it to be able to determine what the problem is. I suppose it might be worth a try to

edit the database so the id of your language is 1. That should not be necessary but there are too many unknowns for me to suggest what the problem might be.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Following the instruction:

"Once Header Tags SEO is installed, go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Fill Tags,

select the Fill All option in all three columns on that page and click

Update."

When clicking 'update' the page fills with errors saying:

Failed to load page from shop:http://www.domainnameXXX.co.ukhttp://www.domainnameXXX.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=14166&language=en

one for each product on site.

I guess that I have somewhere defined something as http://www.domainnameXXX.co.uk rather than ?

Any clues?

cheers

Hi,

Following the instruction:

"Once Header Tags SEO is installed, go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Fill Tags,

select the Fill All option in all three columns on that page and click

Update."

When clicking 'update' the page fills with errors saying:

Failed to load page from shop:http://www.domainnameXXX.co.ukhttp://www.domainnameXXX.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=14166&language=en

Looks like a mistake in your configure file. Also, you can only get that error if an override is used. The instructions don't say to use an override. Perhaps trying it as instructed first will indicate where the problem is at.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't know why that is failing since it seems to be getting the language ID correctly. I would have to look at it to be able to determine what the problem is. I suppose it might be worth a try to

edit the database so the id of your language is 1. That should not be necessary but there are too many unknowns for me to suggest what the problem might be.

I think our posts just missed each other, this is what I answered prior

Ok

I figured that there was a row too much in the headertags_default table

(should only be one right?)

by looking at the sql file, where I also updated the lang ID to 4

I loaded that and now it seems ok

I will be able now to go and play around with this

thanks!!

I must have made a glitch when I installed the sql in the beginning....

I didn't followed exactly your issue, but the statement here is not correct.

The definion of FILENAME_DEFAULT happens in fie includes/filenames.php and there it is set to be index.php. It doesn't matter if your file is in a folder or in the root, that doesn't change the definition.

When you say that " I have FILENAME_DEFAULT defined as "\" in my store " do you mean the file configure.php or filenames.php? If it is filenames.php, then change it back to be index.php instead of anything else

Thanks... yes, you're right I mentioned the wrong filename (should have been includes/filename.php). The problem turned out to be related to another mod that changes the FILENAME_DEFAULT to "\" (i.e. root directory with no filename). So, it's resolved. I made some changes once I was able to figure out that the problem for Header Tags is it was not getting pointed to the index.php file.

David

Jack,

I'm having a strange problem. On the site home page (index.php), I can get this string to appear in the title

sort_products_sort_order

This only happens under the following circumstance:

1. Goto home page (index.php)

2. Click on a category with products from multiple manufacturers

3. Click on the dropdown box for manufacturers and select one (i.e. dropdown box says "Show: <list>"

4. When the page refreshes, the title URL changes and sort_products_sort_order now prefixes the title (the remainder of the title appears correctly)

I have traced the point at which the error occurs to this line in index.php:

echo $preventDuplicates->finalMeta . "\n";

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Regards,

David

echo $preventDuplicates->finalMeta . "\n";

That isn't part of Header Tags. I seem to recall someone else having a similar problem and posting here not too long ago but I don't remember the solution, if there was one. I think that code is coming from one of the canonical or url rewriter contributions. Maybe that will help find the source so you can post in its support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the time you have spent on this contrib. and the ongoing support you give it.

I have installed the latest version and checked over everything twice.

I have not played around with any settings in admin yet.

Everything seems to be in place, except when I'm in admin at the shop I click on 'Catalog' and get a blank page. All the other tabs work fine.

I see "......catalog/admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog" in the url. So I'm assuming there is something not right in admin/categories.php.

I have re-checked this file and have more pics installed, which I have been able to splice the codes together where Header Tags SEO has collided with it.

Do you have any obvious clues for me on this problem?

I waited until now to post for help, because I wanted to go through the obvious steps you have mentioned on this thread already. (Which I have done.)

Cheers,

Monica

Do you have any obvious clues for me on this problem?

I waited until now to post for help, because I wanted to go through the obvious steps you have mentioned on this thread already. (Which I have done.)

It's a common problem and is why instructions for troubleshooting it are in both install files as well as the test section in admin. Please try those and post again if they don't help. Be sure to post the steps you tried.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's a common problem and is why instructions for troubleshooting it are in both install files as well as the test section in admin. Please try those and post again if they don't help. Be sure to post the steps you tried.

Thanks for your reply.

I went back and compared both files of categories.php using DiffMerge (for Mac) and found tiny differences that I put right.

That did the trick.

I've never used a compare tool before and I'm glad you made me do it!

Everything working very well now.

Thank you again.

Monica

My last issue with language ID is now solved.

I still have the problem with the conflicting code with the hide categories add on with code in admin/categories.php

Jack you say that this can be fixed by merging the codes, I had a look, even though not totaly proficient i could probably do it but it would take me ages!

So I have solved the problem by putting the old file back (now I can hide categories)

It does not seem to be a problem!? and I do not know if i need this extra filling in work (we have around 3500 categories/sub) which are used mainly for sorting and they nearly all hidden..

So the hide cat addon is VERY important for me.

But I now have an other issue and I do not know if it is related:

product_info.php page only shows the default meta tags and not the ones I chose for that page!

Even if I uncheck all the boxes

And the information is written to the correct table in the DB

I have spent a while looking and going over this thread.

re checked my files and also tried the new install files

+ reloaded the DB

Last night I populated the fill tags

When I run a check the only error messages I get are a few duplicate tags

and that maybe they are too short which is normal as they are ref numbers.

I will continue looking and post if I find the sollution

thanks for any ideas

But I now have an other issue and I do not know if it is related:

product_info.php page only shows the default meta tags and not the ones I chose for that page!

Even if I uncheck all the boxes

And the information is written to the correct table in the DB

That's usually due to the settings in page control for that page not being correct.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's usually due to the settings in page control for that page not being correct.

Hi and thanks again for your help!

Ok I will keep on looking but so far I think I have tried just about every possibility..

Whereas in index.php I can leave the setting any old way and it still writes it in

this is not the case with products_php

I have joined a screen shot if you can see anything wrong there..

this is the same thing I put into index.php (for testing)

I do not see where the sceen shot went?

can I post a URL to it ?

Edited by toto46

Hi and thanks again for your help!

Ok I will keep on looking but so far I think I have tried just about every possibility..

Have you tried using the included file?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey guys this is a great add-on, just what I need for my business.

I have a few problems though :(

I installed the sql query fine through phpMyAdmin. I then went through the installation instructions for Install_Catalog. That was fine as well, I checked the the Header Tags SEO appeared in my admin panel :)

I then proceeded to the Install_Admin document. I think i made all the changes correctly (although probably not since I am having this problem).

When I changed and uploaded the files I got this error message in the admin section:

Warning: require(includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/elitegol/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 23

Warning: require(includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/elitegol/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 23

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/elitegol/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 23

All your help is greatly appreciated

That isn't part of Header Tags. I seem to recall someone else having a similar problem and posting here not too long ago but I don't remember the solution, if there was one. I think that code is coming from one of the canonical or url rewriter contributions. Maybe that will help find the source so you can post in its support thread.

Jack,

Thank you for staying on top of this forum subject and answering my question. Indeed, I found that this code is included as part of Ultimate SEO URLs v2.7 (March 23 2009), specifically in the file after_install.html, which says that users of Header Tags SEO need to apply the change. So, it appears that when I upgraded through various iterations of Header Tags SEO, I did not remove that code from version 2.7.

My site is now working properly with regard to the Header Tags. :)

Thanks for the tip!

Best Regards,

David

Edited by Richard Cranium