• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

well, actually I have installed ultimate tag seo so in address box it showing me

productcategoryname-c-21.html

If you could tell me which file is responsible for displaying category content maybe it will lead me where to look for solution.

regards

che

It depends on the file. Turn off Ultimate SEO and refresh the page.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You can't upload to it but you can download it for use.

Jack

Hi, sorry about the confusion, I meant I can't seem to download it. I should be a little clearer, I'm looking to download complete meta tag contrib and see this was just an add on to a contrib but can't find the contrib itself to download then to use you add on to ermmm add on. Spent hours till this morning at 1am trolling through trying to find it but alas did not. Could you help please? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you are loooking at but I only upload full versions so the latest one on the contribution page is the latest one you will find.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack and everyone else.. I only wonder, i am going to do a upgrade this contrib from a previous installation of same contrib and i need to add the new modified sql file, but i dont know if i just have to run the new sql file over the old one? or is there a nother better way?

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

There are upgrade instructions for each version you will need to follow or read my posts regarding upgrades in this thread.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

After others have recommeded your project, I have made a go at installation and configuration. It has gone pretty well except I am missing some key things in the admin area.

I do not have the Fill Tags and Page control options within admin...however I do have other items.

I have gone over my install once, found a few problems and then fixed them. I have then gone over things a second time and this time found no errors. What dumb thing am I missing that is making the contribution not show those major files in the admin section?

As a further test I went to my admin folder and typed in the header_tags_fill_tags.php in my browser to bring it up and this is the error message it gave me.

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_SEO) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/twotonel/public_html/admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php on line 15

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_SEO' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home3/twotonel/public_html/admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php on line 15

The actual error message text shown above has been modified so as not to give out the actual name of my admin folder.

I did a search for this error message, but did not find any results either on this forum or on google.

Any assistance you or others could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

Edited by coorsd

Anytime you see capital letters in an errot (FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_SEO), it means a definition is missing so you missed a step. See the changes for admin/includes/filenames.php in the installation instructions or compare your file with the included one.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for your swift reply.

The fill tags and page controls now work if run manually. However they are not showing up in my admin panel.

I do have this code below installed in the admin/includes/languages/english.php at the bottom of the page before the ?>.

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

// header_tags_seo text in includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php

define('BOX_HEADING_HEADER_TAGS_SEO', 'Header Tags SEO');

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_ADD_A_PAGE', 'Page Control');

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS', 'Fill Tags');

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_TEST', 'Test');

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

To my knowledge, this should put those fields on the admin panel.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Don

If they are not showing up in the left column, then you have either made a mistake in the installation or youhave a contribution like Admin Access installed which requires the files to be registered before they can be used. For the first problem, if you made no other changes from the contribution other than the ones to the column_left file, something would show up.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed Head Tags SEO v3.1.5.

My problem is when viewing the meta tags in the source of the pages I have duplicate content tags in the header.

The "Content-Type" meta tag appears twice in the header, at the beginning and at the end.

One appears at the beginning of the meta tags

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>My Title Here</title>
<meta name="Description" content="My description is here" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="My keywords are here" />
<meta name="googlebot" content="all" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" />
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />
<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" />
<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

I am using STS, with the <!--$headcontent--> inserted in my template.

If I remove the <!--$headcontent--> all the meta tags are removed, including both instances of the "Content-Type" meta tag.

How can I solve this.

Thank you.

I am searching for the problem Jack. Posted below is my admin column left information.

<?php

/*

$Id: column_left.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'configuration.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'catalog.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'modules.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'customers.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'taxes.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'localization.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'reports.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tools.php');

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags_seo.php');

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

In my store, I have the following contriubtions installed. The one page checkout one is installed, but is not operational as I have had problems with it. Also in that I recently recovered from a hack, I have yet get affiliate pro and Magic SEO functional again.

Easy Populate

Affiliate Pro

Magic SEO

one page checkout

supertracker

FAQpage

multiple products manager

about us

Protection of Files

Security Pro

Header Tags SEO v. 3.1.5

Thanks again for this great contribution and the support you give to it.

Don

I am searching for the problem Jack. Posted below is my admin column left information.

I don't see why the file won't show but try this. Make a copy of your admin/customers.php file, name it headertags_seo.php and upload it over the original headertags_seo.php file. Rename the original headertags_seo.php file to customers.php and upload over your customers file (make a backup first of both files). Try clicking on the customers link in admin. It should now show the header tags page. Does it? Is there a link for Header Tags SEO? If so, what happens when it is clicked on?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Your method worked. When I switched back it also worked. I am guessing I must have uploaded a wrong file. I appreciate your help sir. I am looking forward to digging into your contribution and seeing it work its magic.

Thanks again!!

Don :)

First of all, this is a really great contrib.

But, it doesn't seem to be working with UltraPics. I need to change very much code, and its not using the same value as UltraPics. I dont know how I should do with this, the "lightbox"-function is very confused now..

Here's a printscreen of the lightbox: (on product_info.php, its not a live-shop)

http://server.games4u.se/confused_product_info.PNG

Hope someone can help me, I dont think im alone with this problem, and some of you guys should be using this contribs!

Thanks in advance,

Robin.

Edited by RobinEkstrom

Hi Jack,

thanks for the contribution.

I'm currently working on the update from 2.6.3 to 3.0.0 and I have a question to step 16 in the documentation "Update_from_V_2.6.3_to_V_3.0.0.txt".

There you're saying:

16)  Find the following line in catalog/product_info.php

<?php echo '<a title="' . $tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $tags_array['title'] . '">' . $tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>

Replace with

<?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>

But I cannot find that piece of code in my product_info.php.

Can you please tell me, where do I have to place the code (the replacement-piece) into the product_info.php ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Andreas

Edited by Andreas2003

Hi Jack,

thanks for the contribution.

I'm currently working on the update from 2.6.3 to 3.0.0 and I have a question to step 16 in the documentation "Update_from_V_2.6.3_to_V_3.0.0.txt".

There you're saying:

But I cannot find that piece of code in my product_info.php.

Can you please tell me, where do I have to place the code (the replacement-piece) into the product_info.php ?

See the regular instruction file, Install_Catalog.txt, to find where to place it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It depends on the file. Turn off Ultimate SEO and refresh the page.

Jack

I turned off Ultimate seo and it pointing on index.php unfortunately I can't find which part of code is incorrect as it seems all "?>" are closed corectly. I tried to chase all "?>" and comment them without any result.

Any sugestions?

I will be appreciated.

I turned off Ultimate seo and it pointing on index.php unfortunately I can't find which part of code is incorrect as it seems all "?>" are closed corectly. I tried to chase all "?>" and comment them without any result.

Any sugestions?

I will be appreciated.

I don't understand your post but index.php handles the categories and product_info handles the products if that helps.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

well let remind my problem.

When I am choosing any category in my shop to be displayed it is showing above category Name

?>

when I will choose any subcategory it dispay correct way (without ?> above subcategory name)

I turned off Ulitmate seo url to chcek which file is displaying when error occured. It pointed on index.php

It looks like in one line there is one ?> to much but I can't find which line as when I founded few which could cause it and commenting them it did not change anything.

Have you got any idea where should I try to find?

------------------------------------------

ok, founded! uff, this nasty thing came from comment in index.php file. By my mistake I wrongly commented one line.

Thanks for your time Jack_mcs

Edited by cheeroke

Hi Jack i took a look in my source code and wonder a bit about this line

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" />

You see, i have my site in swedish so would´nt that say something else than "en-US"?

and if that is so, how do i change this?

Jack_mcs:

Can you help me in any way? Or should I begin to recode the lightbox-function? (^ my post is some rows up ^)

No, I don't offer help integrating with other contributions since there are too many. But I will say that Header Tags and Ultra Pics have nothing in common so there shouldn't be any conflict at all. The only code Header Tags changes that is close to what Ultra Pics uses is the product_info file and the changes it makes to that file are not to code affected by Ultra Pics.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons