Jack_mcs

Hi again.

Just wondering about index.php

The order of things

Category1--->Subcategory----->ProductPage

When I click the main category link, HEADERTAGS shows "Category1 title"

When I click the subcategory link, the items it the subcategory are shown

and HEADERTAGS shows "Subcategory title"

How can I change it so that Subcategory HeaderTags shows: "Category1 title - Subcategory title"

I got it working for Breadcrumbs: home / Category1 title / Subcategory title

The reason I want it like this is because the subcategories in each main category are related products but not definite title.

For instance:

Home / Sony TV's / 46-52"

Category 1 = Sony

----->SubCategory 1 = 46-52"

HeaderTag Title when you click main Category1 shows "Sony"

But If I click SubCategory1 I get "46-52"" and NOT "Sony 46-52" (which is what I want).

Any ideas, hope this is clear.

Thanks.

Edited by dailce

In includes/header_tags.php, find this line
if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" />'."\n";

and change it to

if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) { $langName = explode(",", $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]); echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="' . $langName[0] . '" />'."\n"; }

I don't recall any prevent duplicates code in this contribution.

I don't have a installation of that contribution to look at but it has a base (real) file that is used to load pseudo pages, then it should work with Header Tags.

Jack

Thank's, Jack. The language is working.

I'm sorry, prevent duplicates is from other contrib. This is my fault. :blush:

The newsdesk articles is also good work with as a pseudo pages.

This problem appears when the defined name differs from the file name:

define('FILENAME_PAGES','extra_info_pages.php');

The solution is to make the defined name exactly as the file name is in your contribution code:

define('FILENAME_EXTRA_INFO_PAGES','extra_info_pages.php');

Stanislav

Thank you Stanislav and Jack.

Solution to make Extra Info Pages w/admin 4.6.1 (contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2021) to work in Header Tages SEO

The extra pages contribution unfortunately uses the same file name as another contribution as pointed out by Jack and Stanislav.

This is what I did to make Extra Info Pages to work with Header Tags SEO

Delete (not sure if this is important) in Admin==>Header Tags Seo==>Page Control all extra_info_pages

in file catalog/includes/filenames.php

find

define('FILENAME_PAGES', 'extra_info_pages.php');

change to

define('FILENAME_EXTRA_INFO_PAGES', 'extra_info_pages.php');

in file catalog/includes/boxes/extra_info_pages.php find

$link = FILENAME_PAGES . '?pages_id=' . $page['pages_id'];

replace with

$link = FILENAME_EXTRA_INFO_PAGES . '?pages_id=' . $page['pages_id'];

in this same file find

$page_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a target="'.$target.'" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAGES, 'pages_id=' .$page['pages_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $page['pages_title'] . '</a></td></tr>';

replace with

$page_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a target="'.$target.'" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_EXTRA_INFO_PAGES, 'pages_id=' .$page['pages_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $page['pages_title'] . '</a></td></tr>';

This has solved it for me. Hope it will help someone else.

hi jack,

i installed your HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.5 on fresh rc2a and it worked perfectly but after installing ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r67_beta, the header tag kinda broke down, i think. ultimate seo is working just fine but my page title for categories and product listing changed to default title. www.mantrabowls.com. would by anychance have any idea of the problem, i was very carfeful with the installation. tia.

hi jack,

i installed your HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.5 on fresh rc2a and it worked perfectly but after installing ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r67_beta, the header tag kinda broke down, i think. ultimate seo is working just fine but my page title for categories and product listing changed to default title. www.mantrabowls.com. would by anychance have any idea of the problem, i was very carfeful with the installation. tia.

Many of the Ultimate SEO versions have mistakes in the code. The V 2_1d version I uploaded will work correctly. For other versions, you need to ask in that support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Many of the Ultimate SEO versions have mistakes in the code. The V 2_1d version I uploaded will work correctly. For other versions, you need to ask in that support thread.

Jack

thank you very much, jack. i really appreciate it. i'm installing your seo.

I'm trying to install Header Tags SEO.

I've gone through the Install_Catalog.txt file and made changes., but in Step 3, making changes to index.php I can't find the following code that needs replacing:

FIND (Around line 247)

?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

The only thing I have vaguely resembling it is:

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
         <tr>
     <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo $category['categories_name']; ?></td>

I don't want to overwrite this, as I need the category names to be displayed. But after completing all the other changes to the catalogue text file i don't get 'New Home Page Title' on the index page, which is needed before installing the Admin updates.

So... Can anyone point me to where I should add the following code:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))
     $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
   else
     $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query);
   ?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td><h1><?php echo $htc['htc_title']; ?></h1></td>
   <?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

Thanks

Kate

Dear Jack,

Using the Description Override function to fill products, i have a pb with the charset as I am in the charset=iso-8859-1,

I understand the description is in UTF8.

So, the source page looks like for french :

"meta name="Description" content="WP MICRO EC 135Modèle d'hélicoptère Indoor semi-maquette.Livré assemblé, prêt à voler et déjà réglé en vol."

Any idea how to fix that in your great contribution ?

Thank you in advance for your support,

Best regards

Yves

I'm trying to install Header Tags SEO.

I've gone through the Install_Catalog.txt file and made changes., but in Step 3, making changes to index.php I can't find the following code that needs replacing:

The only thing I have vaguely resembling it is:

I don't want to overwrite this, as I need the category names to be displayed. But after completing all the other changes to the catalogue text file i don't get 'New Home Page Title' on the index page, which is needed before installing the Admin updates.

So... Can anyone point me to where I should add the following code:

This involved two problems. First, the code you have has been altered so I can't talk you through that change. You wouldn't lose the category name since the Headere Tags code handles that. You can skip that part of the change but you will lose the option that allows you to have text below the category name.

But the above won't cause the title not to change. If you have made the database changes and the code change to the <head> section, then the 'New Home Page Title' title should display. That part can't be skipped since it would render the contribution almost useless.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack,

Using the Description Override function to fill products, i have a pb with the charset as I am in the charset=iso-8859-1,

I understand the description is in UTF8.

So, the source page looks like for french :

"meta name="Description" content="WP MICRO EC 135Modèle d'hélicoptère Indoor semi-maquette.Livré assemblé, prêt à voler et déjà réglé en vol."

Any idea how to fix that in your great contribution ?

Thank you in advance for your support,

Best regards

Yves

The charset set is defined in the language file being used and isn't part of Header Tags. You can try changing it there but if that doesn't work, you'll need to post your question in the general forum.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I wonder if you can put me in the right direction of troubleshooting why my titles wont show. If i go to pagecontrol and fill all tags and then to categories i se the:

Header Tags Category Title: filled

Header Tags Category Description: filled

Header Tags Category Keywords: filled

But as i go to my store i can only se the default titles.... :(

Hi Jack

I wonder if you can put me in the right direction of troubleshooting why my titles wont show. If i go to pagecontrol and fill all tags and then to categories i se the:

Header Tags Category Title: filled

Header Tags Category Description: filled

Header Tags Category Keywords: filled

But as i go to my store i can only se the default titles.... :(

Make sure you have the categories box and sort order set for the index.php file in page control. If you do, then it can only be the index.php file itself, and/or the includes/header_tags.php file, assuming other pages work OK.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please a what serves this code in product_info.php ?

FIND (around line 33)
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

ADD UNDER IT:

<?php /*** Début Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
<a name="<?php echo $header_tags_array['title']; ?>"></a>
<?php /*** Fin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

I does not understand has what he serves

Sorry for my english

Please a what serves this code in product_info.php ?

FIND (around line 33)
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

ADD UNDER IT:

<?php /*** Début Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
<a name="<?php echo $header_tags_array['title']; ?>"></a>
<?php /*** Fin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

I does not understand has what he serves

Sorry for my english

That, along with the currently viewing code at the bottom of the page adds another link to the product, which the search engines count towards the page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This involved two problems. First, the code you have has been altered so I can't talk you through that change. You wouldn't lose the category name since the Headere Tags code handles that. You can skip that part of the change but you will lose the option that allows you to have text below the category name.

But the above won't cause the title not to change. If you have made the database changes and the code change to the <head> section, then the 'New Home Page Title' title should display. That part can't be skipped since it would render the contribution almost useless.

Jack

Thanks Jack,

I'm leaving the change around line 247 alone, but I don't get the 'New Home Page Title'.... so I've rechecked my code changes, can't find anything yet.

I just wandered what you meant by "code change to the <head> section", did you mean the header.php file or <head> in the index page. If the latter, what was the change?

Thanks

Kate

Make sure you have the categories box and sort order set for the index.php file in page control. If you do, then it can only be the index.php file itself, and/or the includes/header_tags.php file, assuming other pages work OK.

Jack

Yes the extra pages works just fine but i want the titles to change for my categories to.. Now they all show the same title as the indexpage...

Thanks Jack,

I'm leaving the change around line 247 alone, but I don't get the 'New Home Page Title'.... so I've rechecked my code changes, can't find anything yet.

I just wandered what you meant by "code change to the <head> section", did you mean the header.php file or <head> in the index page. If the latter, what was the change?

Thanks

Kate

See step 1 in Install_Catalog.txt.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes the extra pages works just fine but i want the titles to change for my categories to.. Now they all show the same title as the indexpage...

If the code is installed correctly, then the problem is in how the checkboxes and sort orders are setup. You can arrange them in any order. There have been many posts on this in this thread so I'm sure you can an example.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack,

As far as I understand I have followed the instructions for 'how to operate' but my products keywords meta on new product page all come out as "keywords1,keywords2" followed by the keywords that I have actually entered on the product page in Admin.

The same goes for “products new description” See Below.

Please let me know how te delete these "keywords1,keywords2" and “products new description”

from the source page.

Thanks in advance

Rene

<title>Supplement-Boost - Cordyceps Sinensis Sport extract CS-4</title>

<meta name="Description" content="products new description - Cordyceps Sinensis Sport Extract 100 capsules van 750mg a 14.45 gratis bezorging" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="products new keywords1,keywords2 , voedingssupplementen, Cordyceps, Sinensis, Solarsin, sport, gezondheid, kracht, vitaliteit, extract, capsules, sporters, uithoudingsvermogen, V02max, herstel, ATP, testosteron, libido, seks, gezondheid" />

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.supplement-boost.com/cordyceps-sinensis-sport-extract-p-41.html" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

Thank you for your Work.

I have Header Tags SEO 3.13 installed and it works. But i have one mistake:

Google find : http://www.online-shop.de/-c-26.html

But the Produkt URL is : http://www.online-shop.de/new-productxyz-c-26.html

You can open both - but is this not duplicated Content ??

Hope you can understand me

See step 1 in Install_Catalog.txt.

Jack

Doooh...

Thanks Jack

Got confused with STS and BTS user bit ... and missed that bit.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction

Kate