• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Jack So far so good. That was long and tedious with all the other contributions I have installed, but the instructions are excellent. I thought I was going to get away unscathed but not quite.

on the manufacturers pages and a couple of others I get a bunch of code showing up. I think it is just misplaced or there is a > or something missing somewhere but I am having trouble finding it now. I have selected a chunk of the code and been using find with no luck so far. Perhaps you recognize it and where it is located or what is wrong that would cause it to appear like that. Here is a link

http://performanceautopartsonline.com/cata...=46&sort=2a

I actually had this overlap another contributions code for the multiple pics, but I just added the extra pics to your code and it seems fine. Everything else seems to be working fine. Nice work.

Now I need to read the instructions on how to use this again. :)

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.

on the manufacturers pages and a couple of others I get a bunch of code showing up. I think it is just misplaced or there is a > or something missing somewhere but I am having trouble finding it now. I have selected a chunk of the code and been using find with no luck so far. Perhaps you recognize it and where it is located or what is wrong that would cause it to appear like that. Here is a link
You are correct. It is a missing php delimiter. The file with the problem is index.php. You can use the incldued one to compare against to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks, I had closed that file since it was from the very begining of the install and I did not catch it then. Problem fixed.

Now for a stupid question. I read about this early and looked back to find it again to fix it but jeeze i just can't find it again.

The default root text, products new home, should be removed or changed for product_info.php with language ID of 1.

Where is this hiding?

Other than that I just have one permission i need to change but it lets me overwrite regarless so not a high priority.

The test function is incredible (above and beyond)

This is by far and away one of the most complete and comprehensive contributions I have ever installed. I can't say enough what a great job you have done with this.

Cheers,

Mark

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

Oh one more thing.

I have created some blank categories in order to create spaces for a clean layout. The contribution picks these up as missing a title. Does this matter?

Is there a way to exempt these categories or should i just ignore it?

No, it wouldn't have to do with Header Tags. It doesn't change anything on those pages.

Jack

Hi.....ive been trying to work out what could have caused this to happen but ive posted on the forum and no one seems to be able to help i hope you dont mind me posting it on here but i dont know which files i need to change to sort this problem out.......where are the files and is there any chance it could have something to do with file permissions??

Ive tried typing in www.superpettoysrus.com/account.php and nothing happens it just says page not found.

then when i try to click the link on the main page of my site that says my account this is the web address that comes up and it also says page not found

https://web231.secure-secure.co.uk/superpet...8cqpu09j324ppd7

any help would be great...the web231 is something to do with my database

Why is such basic feature not available?

After installing the contribution, i found that I can't have it do the following:

i have a root title on index.php, after that i want every category pages (ie index.php/cPath=...) to have their own title alone without having the root parent title tagged on to it.

I want every page (category, products, etc) to have its own title, description, keywords without having the parent's tagged to it.

Shouldn't this basic criteria be available?

or is it because of some SEO optimismation reason that this basic feature is not available?

Last I like to jack_mcs for this fantastic contribution. You're a fantastic person.

However since I can't have it do what I want, I won't be able to use it. :(

The default root text, products new home, should be removed or changed for product_info.php with language ID of 1.

Where is this hiding?

In page control for the product_info.php.

Other than that I just have one permission i need to change but it lets me overwrite regarless so not a high priority.

The test function is incredible (above and beyond)

This is by far and away one of the most complete and comprehensive contributions I have ever installed. I can't say enough what a great job you have done with this.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Oh one more thing.

I have created some blank categories in order to create spaces for a clean layout. The contribution picks these up as missing a title. Does this matter?

Is there a way to exempt these categories or should i just ignore it?

It means that the search engines will pick them up too though I doub that it will hurt anything. But spacing should be handled with html. Just change the <br> to an <hr> in includes/boxes/categoroes.php to get the same result.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Why is such basic feature not available?

After installing the contribution, i found that I can't have it do the following:

i have a root title on index.php, after that i want every category pages (ie index.php/cPath=...) to have their own title alone without having the root parent title tagged on to it.

I want every page (category, products, etc) to have its own title, description, keywords without having the parent's tagged to it.

Shouldn't this basic criteria be available?

or is it because of some SEO optimismation reason that this basic feature is not available?

Last I like to jack_mcs for this fantastic contribution. You're a fantastic person.

However since I can't have it do what I want, I won't be able to use it. :(

Or you could uncheck the root box.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Or you could uncheck the root box.

Jack

It is working now.

I did uncheck root and checked category earlier, didn't know why didn't work earlier till I reboot.

Thank you very much. Very appreciated. :lol:

(And then i wonder if someone else is having the extra info w/admin and got it working with this contrib?)

I have the same challenge you do.

I've added Title - Description and Keywords to extra_info_pages.php

I've added the pseudo page extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=8

pseudo page now shows up under select a file in Page Control

I select the pseudo page and add Title - Description - Keywords

http://www.mydomainname.com/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=8 shows the Default Tags

Go back to Admin ==> Header Tags SEO ==> Page Control ==> Select a File ==> extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=8 and it shows it's own information instead of the default tags.

Anyone ?

I have the same challenge you do.

I've added Title - Description and Keywords to extra_info_pages.php

I've added the pseudo page extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=8

pseudo page now shows up under select a file in Page Control

I select the pseudo page and add Title - Description - Keywords

http://www.mydomainname.com/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=8 shows the Default Tags

Go back to Admin ==> Header Tags SEO ==> Page Control ==> Select a File ==> extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=8 and it shows it's own information instead of the default tags.

Anyone ?

Please post the section of the includes/header_tags.php file that is marked for that page so I can take a look at it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi i wonder if you know why my titles shows as default after installing http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6768

Your contrib worked just fine before that install, now all of my pages show the default title except my pseudo pages.. is it a easy fix?

Then i have to ask about Keywords Override

Fill keywords for all added pages from derived keywords on actual pages

When i choose Yes and then fill all tags, my admin comes upp with lots of errors saying:

Failed to load page from shop: http://www.mywebsite.se/product_info.php?p...amp;language=sv

Do you know why?

Thanks in adwance

Hi i wonder if you know why my titles shows as default after installing http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6768

Your contrib worked just fine before that install, now all of my pages show the default title except my pseudo pages.. is it a easy fix?

Then i have to ask about Keywords Override

Fill keywords for all added pages from derived keywords on actual pages

When i choose Yes and then fill all tags, my admin comes upp with lots of errors saying:

Failed to load page from shop: http://www.mywebsite.se/product_info.php?p...amp;language=sv

Do you know why?

Thanks in adwance

I don't use that contribution so I can't comment on why it won't work with Header Tags. However, that would be a question for the support thread of that contribution since it isn't a problem with Header Tags.

The error is saying it can't load the page. Have you tried copying the url it provides and entering it into a browser to see if it loads?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi the last version I installed was 3.1.0

I want to update to the newest version 3.1.5

I read all the update files in the contribution 3.1.5. So do I just upload all the files from catalog, Run Add Missing Pages in Page Control, and then run ALL the sql commands from the update files??????

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function)

VALUES (NULL,'Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions', 'HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES', 'false', 'Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the categories description box. The editor must be installed for this to work.', '543', '13', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function)

VALUES (NULL,'Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions', 'HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC', 'false', 'Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the meta tag description box. The editor must be installed for this to work.', '543', '15', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

VALUES (NULL,'Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products', 'HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS', 'false', 'Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the products description box. The editor must be installed for this to work.', '543', '17', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

VALUES (NULL,'Display Category Parents in Title and Tags', 'HEADER_TAGS_ADD_CATEGORY_PARENTS', 'Standard', 'Adds all categories in the current path (Full), all immediate categories if the product is in more than one category (Duplicate) or only the immediate category (Standard). These settings only work if the Category checkbox is enabled in Page Control.', '543', '5', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''Full Category Path'', ''Duplicate Categories'', ''Standard''), ', now(), NULL);

ALTER TABLE `headertags` ADD `page_logo_1` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL AFTER `page_logo`;

ALTER TABLE `headertags` ADD `page_logo_2` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL AFTER `page_logo_1`;

ALTER TABLE `headertags` ADD `page_logo_3` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL AFTER `page_logo_2`;

ALTER TABLE `headertags` ADD `page_logo_4` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL AFTER `page_logo_3`;

Seem logical??????

Edited by dailce

Hi the last version I installed was 3.1.0

I want to update to the newest version 3.1.5

I read all the update files in the contribution 3.1.5. So do I just upload all the files from catalog, Run Add Missing Pages in Page Control, and then run ALL the sql commands from the update files??????

Run the database changes first.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Excellent contrib! Thank you, Jack.

I have some questions.

1. Is it possible to add a feature to change content language in next release? I mean the "content" in header_tags.php in the line:

if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" />'."\n";

Of cource, I can add this by myself, but it is a bit unusable to change the code every time ;) I think, a little setting in Admin will save our souls :)

2. For english users it is good to have preventDuplicates work in english. But a lot of users work with their native language. It is very strange to see the construction in the title: page_2 | Графические карты - ATI - Radeon 9600. And more over, a number of store never work in English. Is it possible to add a translation to array in preventDuplicates.php?

$getValues = array('sort', 'page', 'language', 'currency');

3. And the last. How to add a title of my newsdesk news to the browser window title? Should I use the "Add a Pseudo Page" feature to every of my news, which I want to give unique metatags?

Edited by RusNN

Excellent contrib! Thank you, Jack.

I have some questions.

1. Is it possible to add a feature to change content language in next release? I mean the "content" in header_tags.php in the line:

if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" />'."\n";

Of cource, I can add this by myself, but it is a bit unusable to change the code every time ;) I think, a little setting in Admin will save our souls :)

In includes/header_tags.php, find this line

and change it to

if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) { $langName = explode(",", $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]); echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="' . $langName[0] . '" />'."\n"; }

2. For english users it is good to have preventDuplicates work in english. But a lot of users work with their native language. It is very strange to see the construction in the title: page_2 | Графические карты - ATI - Radeon 9600. And more over, a number of store never work in English. Is it possible to add a translation to array in preventDuplicates.php?

$getValues = array('sort', 'page', 'language', 'currency');

I don't recall any prevent duplicates code in this contribution.

3. And the last. How to add a title of my newsdesk news to the browser window title? Should I use the "Add a Pseudo Page" feature to every of my news, which I want to give unique metatags?

I don't have a installation of that contribution to look at but it has a base (real) file that is used to load pseudo pages, then it should work with Header Tags.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Not sure but the manufacturer title is not showing up on the index.php

For instance, I have

Main Category (Shirts)

Product in Shirts is (Nike)

Now if I click shirts all my shirts are shown ---> HeaderTag Title is say (Shirts) for index.php

But if I click (Nike) to narrow the shirts how can I have the HeaderTag show --> Shirts - Nike ????

Can't seem to get it working I have manufacturer checked off for index.php

I don't use that contribution so I can't comment on why it won't work with Header Tags. However, that would be a question for the support thread of that contribution since it isn't a problem with Header Tags.

The error is saying it can't load the page. Have you tried copying the url it provides and entering it into a browser to see if it loads?

Jack

ok, he said the same as you.. to ask in the other contrib thread... i´ll se if i can work it out.. that the contrib should work toghether if correct installed.

For the second question, yes i loaded the link page in a new browser and i come to my website but it says that the product cant be find.. (and i know thats because the product isnt yet enabled for customers)..

I have a few products that isnt showing (is disabled) for customers yet.. must i enable them all for this contrib to work with that function?

Thanks for all your time!

Not sure but the manufacturer title is not showing up on the index.php

For instance, I have

Main Category (Shirts)

Product in Shirts is (Nike)

Now if I click shirts all my shirts are shown ---> HeaderTag Title is say (Shirts) for index.php

But if I click (Nike) to narrow the shirts how can I have the HeaderTag show --> Shirts - Nike ????

Can't seem to get it working I have manufacturer checked off for index.php

It won't. There's no direct relationship between categories and manufacturers so having the category title show on the manufacturers page would make any sense unless they were all shown, which isn't practical.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For the second question, yes i loaded the link page in a new browser and i come to my website but it says that the product cant be find.. (and i know thats because the product isnt yet enabled for customers)..

I have a few products that isnt showing (is disabled) for customers yet.. must i enable them all for this contrib to work with that function?

Yes. That option will read directly from the web page. If the product isn't enabled, then there isn't a web page to load from. But you can wait until it becomes available and then use the option along with the Fill Empty button to only change it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please post the section of the includes/header_tags.php file that is marked for that page so I can take a look at it.

Jack

// extra_info_pages.php
  case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_PAGES):
 $page = 'extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=2';
 $parts = explode("?",$page);
 $parts = explode("=", $parts[1]);
 if (isset($parts[0])) {
  $found = false;
  $name = FILENAME_EXTRA_INFO_PAGES . "?" . $parts[0] . "=";
  $pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $name . "%' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) > 0) {
	while($pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query)) {
	 if ($name . $_GET[$parts[0]] === $pageTags['page_name']) {
	  $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page($pageTags['page_name']);
	  $found = true;
	   break; 
  } } } 
  if (! $found)
   $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_EXTRA_INFO_PAGES);
 } else
 $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_PAGES);
break;

It might have something to do with the contribution you are using. I have Page Manager installed here and these lines (and the one higher up)

} else

use the same definition

} else

So it seems the contribution you are using is using two different definitions for the files, which won't work.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It might have something to do with the contribution you are using. I have Page Manager installed here and these lines (and the one higher up)
 } else

use the same definition

} else

So it seems the contribution you are using is using two different definitions for the files, which won't work.

Jack

This problem appears when the defined name differs from the file name:

define('FILENAME_PAGES','extra_info_pages.php');

The solution is to make the defined name exactly as the file name is in your contribution code:

define('FILENAME_EXTRA_INFO_PAGES','extra_info_pages.php');

Stanislav