• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

yeah, it's when you save the changes, that it deletes those related fields from the database. And you have to reinstall it via the database if you want those icons and their related url's back. Plus, entering a new URL does not save it to the database. I would make a change, save it, and then go to the site page and F5 refresh it to view the changes. Anyway, if you are not experiencing these issues, then it must be my install. Thanks.

Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

It's true that if you delete something and save it, it cannot be restored. Try deleting a product to verify that. I have a "reset defaults" button for the icons planned for the next release but no idea when that will be.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

no, it's not the same as deleting a product. For example, I have the initial set of icons and their related URL's loaded via default install. I go into that admin page and click on one of the icons to uncheck it, then click Save. The icon remains on that page as a selection (but unchecked) and its URL record is deleted from the database, and it is no longer on the store site page.

I then click on it again from the admin section to have it reinstated (checked), then click Save. The checkmark is removed on page refresh (of that admin page) and that icon does not display on the store site page. Similar issues with the URL's. If you add a URL for an icon you want to display in the store and click Save, the record does not write to the database.

Anyway, it may be something to look at for the next release. I'm not worried about it. I am semi-technical and can find my way around it for now.

Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

The icon is just the indicator in admin. The thing that control whether it shows on the site side or not is the entry in the box below the icons. Like a product, once that is deleted it cannot be restored except by manually entering it. As mentioned, I plan on adding a restore option but, for now, that is how it works.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I found the bug we previously spoke about with the default description tags not displaying. It is located in /includes/functions/header_tags.php line 51 ...should have the variable $header_tags_array['description'] changed to $header_tags_array['desc'] (2 instances of it on that line). This is why /includes/header_tags.php description meta was not displaying the default description text content.

I tested it and it works.

Demitry

The code is correct the way it is. I don't know why it isn't working for your shop unless you didn't update all of the files when the update was done. Plus, the only time the function that that code is in gets called is in non-category and non-product pages so if your change fixed those, I don't see how it is possible. But if It is working for you then I guess it is OK.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

yeah, it is for all non-category and non-product pages.

Anyways, that change fixed it for the entire site. Thank you for all your help.

Demitry

Hi,

Question, i have installed this contribution.. Works as far no errors, but only one at the moment..

The CKeditor that i have installed is not working anymore under de products description.

Error  : undefined call to etc. in categories.php

Categories was :

//--></script>
<?php
    for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
?>
          <tr>
            <td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
            <td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
              <tr>
                <td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(tep_catalog_href_link(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], '', 'SSL'), $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>
                <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field_ckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (empty($pInfo->products_id) ? '' : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
              </tr>
            </table></td>
          </tr>
<?php
    }

?>

is now after install of header tags.

//--></script>
<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
<?php
    for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
?>
          <tr>
            <td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
            <td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
              <tr>
                <td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>
                <td class="main">
                <?php 
                  if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR == 'No Editor' || HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_PRODUCTS == 'false')
                    echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));
                  else 
                  {
                    if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR == 'FCKEditor') { 
                      echo tep_draw_fckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', '600', '300', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));
                    } else if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR == 'CKEditor') { 
                        echo tep_draw_textarea_ckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', '70', '10',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])),'id = products_description[' .$languages[$i]['id'] . ']');
                    } else { 
                      echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));
                    }
                  } 
                ?>
                </td>

</tr>
            </table></td>
          </tr>
<?php
    }
?>

I believe this is only the part for the enable/disable and setting of the editor. Can it also be just removed and if so, how.

Greetings, Anne

Update

Error exactly is

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_textarea_ckeditor() in admin/categories.php on line 643

Line is :                         echo tep_draw_textarea_ckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', '70', '10',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])),'id = products_description[' .$languages[$i]['id'] . ']');

Line was i believe 

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field_ckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (empty($pInfo->products_id) ? '' : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

Greetings, Anne

It because there are different addons for the CKEditor and they use different techniques for calling the editor. Notice the code in your shop calls tep_draw_textarea_field_ckeditor while my code calls tep_draw_textarea_ckeditor. To get it to work, you can replace the line you mentioned with the following and it should work. 

echo tep_image(tep_catalog_href_link(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], '', 'SSL'), $languages[$i]['name']);

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, Jack

So line that gives error

Line is :                         echo tep_draw_textarea_ckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', '70', '10',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])),'id = products_description[' .$languages[$i]['id'] . ']');

To the Line that you mention. ?

Greetings, Anne

Thanxs in advance.

I'm sorry. I see I copied the wrong code. Please try replacing this line

echo tep_draw_textarea_ckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', '70', '10',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])),'id = products_description[' .$languages[$i]['id'] . ']');

with this one

echo tep_draw_textarea_field_ckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (empty($pInfo->products_id) ? '' : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, 

Thank you.. This seems to work.. have the editor back and so far no errors.

Tackling a new problem.   when i activate tagcloud. I know heavy modified shop.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in/catalog/includes/headertags_seo_tagcloud_footer.php on line 55

Greetings, Anne
Edited by Dj-Viper

Hi,

Fixed Tagcloud problem.. Line would be :

$content .= '<span class="' . $class . '"><a class="' . $class . '" href="' . $hstLink . '">' . ucwords(stripslashes($kword['keyword'])) . '</a></span> ';

Missing a ' after the second $class.

Greetings, Anne

Hi Jack,

I found an fault​ in headertags.

When you type in the admin page a product model number then is everything OK.

but when when yuou don't type anything in the (price) is going down hjust under the image.

see images below...

post-336856-0-36776800-1450999816_thumb.jpg

post-336856-0-53938000-1450999816_thumb.jpg

post-336856-0-68146700-1450999816_thumb.jpg

@@dinopacha This addon doesn't have anything to do with the section of code that controls that. Try replacing the product_info.php file with the original and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then compare the two files to see what the problem might be.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No need to apologize. The css does have an h1 class and since that is used for the page title, it is possible that the css from this addon is using a larger font size than what the h1 normally uses in your shop. You can delete the h1, and maybe the h2, classes from the header tags file to see if that helps.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack ,

It is indeed the h1.

the margin and padding are the culprits.

Is it not bad for the seo if I turn the h1 off in the headertags_seo_styles.css.

Or shall I just turn off the margin and padding in headertags_seo_styles.css???

In older versions of oscommerce, h1 wasn't used for page titles. It is in newer versions. If your shop already uses h1 then you can delete the class altogether. Otherwise just remove the margins. It looks like you may be using the BS version so, in that case, h1 is already used. You can view the source of a product page and look at the page title to see if h1 is used or not.  It does help with SEO so you should make sure it is being used.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I've done a bit of testing and it looks like I'm having a conflicting issue with InfoPage add-on and Header Tags SEO. The pages that are part of the InfoPages contribution are displaying default tags. The best I can get them to do is display the pageName with them, which is always "Infopage." The STS system is not causing this problem because I shut it off and tested without it. Is there any kind of fix for this problem? Has anyone run into this issue before? Thanks.

Demitry

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&amp;geo=US&amp;q=oscommerce

Never mind, I think I fixed it. In /includes/header_tags.php for all files that use InfoPages, I changed basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) to basename($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])

3 occurrences for each file managed by InfoPages. That seems to have fixed it.

Demitry

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&amp;geo=US&amp;q=oscommerce

• 3 weeks later...