• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Not able to locate any reference to the version, you had installed it on the 02/02/14, had any changes since then?

Not able to get it to change the URL though.

The version can be seen in the header of Page Control. The date of the last update here is 2/2 but my version almost always has things not uploaded. Send me an email with your domain name and I will check if there are any changes and upload them if there are. But they wouldn't have anything to do with the url. That code hasn't changed. Are you sure you have the latest version of Ultimate SEO installed?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@@AJRYAN If it has been working since last summer and now it isn't, something must have changed in your files. All I can suggest is that you look at the changes made to the site since it was working to try to figure out the cause.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

@@AJRYAN If it has been working since last summer and now it isn't, something must have changed in your files. All I can suggest is that you look at the changes made to the site since it was working to try to figure out the cause.

No changes Jack, it's just that I only just noticed it. Some cat descriptions are just not showing up I discovered today as I was adding some products.. It's very puzzling. Thanks

The version can be seen in the header of Page Control. The date of the last update here is 2/2 but my version almost always has things not uploaded. Send me an email with your domain name and I will check if there are any changes and upload them if there are. But they wouldn't have anything to do with the url. That code hasn't changed. Are you sure you have the latest version of Ultimate SEO installed?

Found this under Page control: Header Tags SEO V 3.3.2

This text at top with pink background is also always present

Page not added - file name is invalid - opensearch.php path_to_admin_directory/headertags_seo_exclude.php?exclude=opensearch.php&osCAdminID=blablaexclude

Page not added - file name is invalid - Changes.php path_to_admin_directory/headertags_seo_exclude.php?exclude=Changes.php&osCAdminID=blablaexclude

Page not added - file name is invalid - view_counter_install.php path_to_admin_directory/headertags_seo_exclude.php?exclude=view_counter_install.php&osCAdminID=blablaexclude

Page not added - file name is invalid - view_counter_trap.php path_to_admin_directory/headertags_seo_exclude.php?exclude=view_counter_trap.php&osCAdminID=blablaexclude

I looked at the invoice sent and is did not indicate what version of Ultimate SEO.

I'll email you link with credentials here in a few minutes.

Edited by Jan Zonjee

@@AJRYAN There's nothing in the code of this addon that would allow one category description to work and not another. If the description is showing up in admin and you have the categories check box checked in Page Control, then it is most likely something in your files, though I don't know what. I have seen templates where code was added to display some categories differently so if you are using a purchased template, that is where I would look first.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Ken_Shea I responded to your email but I will post my answer here in case others have the same question. The text in pink at the top of Page Control is letting you know about files that won't work with Header Tags SEO. If they are files that shouldn't be there they should be deleted. If they are files that should be there, you can click on exclude at the end of the line to hide that file from Header Tags.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I am using Header Tags SEO since couple of years successfully for my boutique shop www.fashno.com. I seek help to resolve a strange problem. The store is using OSC online merchant v2.2.

I've upgraded the store from PHP5.2 to 5.3 using osCommerce_RC2a_PHP_5.3. Everything went fine. The problem is I cannot see index.php in admin as an option. All other files are shown and working fine including product_info.php. Index.php is not showing Title, meta descriptions and meta keywords.

I have copied my index.php to other name i.e, index3.php and placed in catalog root and tested it is working fine and showing Title, meta descriptions and meta keywords.

check www.fashno.com/index.php

same index.php file is copied and renamed www.fashno.com/index3.php

now it is showing title and all tags. Can't configure the issue.

Kindly assist to resolve this strange problem.

@@fashnoshop That is a strange one. The includes/header_tags.php file may have gotten damaged somehow. Please try replacing it with the one from the addon. You can also try running the test routine to see if there are any problems found.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack, the recent upgrade has some very nice features.

I noticed in the product_info.php file provided with the download it appears

$product_info['products_head_sub_text']

looks like it's being called a couple times there toward the bottom of the file if I'm reading the code correctly. I think just once is intended.

Also, just in Chrome, do the bookmarks appear with a peculiar configuration of an outline as shown in the attached. This does not show up in Firefox, nor IE. Nor on my android version of Chrome.

Any ideas on that?

Thanks

Edited by altoid

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Steve - Yes, you are correct. There are a few others as well.

On the product page, there should only be one block of code for the sub text. It doesn't matter which is removed - whichever fits in well with your layout is fine. In the corrected version, the top one is removed.

In the product_reviews_info.php file, the block of text that starts with

if (tep_not_null($review['products_model'])) {

from the begin and end Header Tags statements should be deleted. It is re-added lower down after the Header Tags code loads.

In that same file, add a <?php after this line

<a name="<?php echo $header_tags_array['title']; ?>"></a>

I apologize for the mistakes. If anyone find any others, please let me know. I will get them all applied and uploaded.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, i have a Problem: Im running your last release of headertags seo and my v2.2 shop is modified to utf8 but... in Metatags keywords and meta description i have now quotes (") and so the meta informations are not right for search engines. I have to many products called fo example PRODUCT "GREEN", PRODUCT "RED" etc. etc.. so changing all the product titles will burn me out. My question is: Is there a possibility to implement the ( ENT_QUOTES ) commad somewhere in your source to eliminate my Problem without changing all the product descriptions ?

Here an example:

<meta Name="description" Content=" product "red" red products at fair Prices">

Thank you in advance for your reply !

Edited by Nexxus

I thought I had taken care of that but I see now I didn't. You can't use double quotes in the description because googles parser will abort when it finds them, regardless of the form. They will accept single quotes though so I will add that change to the next version. But the change will be in the categories file in admin and won't help you since your products are already setup. If you have Easy Populate installed, then you can edit all of the products at once with a simple search and replace. Otherwise, you would need to edit the includes/header_tags.php file. Near the bottom of that file, change this line

echo ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $header_tags_array['desc'] . '" >' . "\n";

to this

echo ' <meta name="Description" content="' . str_replace('"', "'", $header_tags_array['desc']) . '" >' . "\n";

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I apologize for the mistakes. If anyone find any others, please let me know. I will get them all applied and uploaded.

No need to apologize, if someone would just look at the enormity of what you work on and contribute here they'd have to conclude how could one NOT mix something up now and then in those thousands of lines of code. Thanks so much for what you do. :thumbsup:

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

i have put files in the same server and it's the same database. Only thing that change is the directory. The configure.php files are exactly the same except the directory "shop" added.

the shop directory site work with header tags and the root site don't with header tags...

it's really crazy....

by the way, i have found the problem.

Some keys configurations appear twice in the database in the configuration table. After delete the duplicate, it's all right !!!

In the social bookmark, in website, what kind of syntax i have to fill ?

thanks ;-)

The format is url/&title=TITLE&url=URL. The basic url you get from the site you want to add. Many are the same but there are some variations. Where you would normally enter the title and url, enter the capitalized words so the code knows to substitute. You can use one of the existing entries as an example.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Sorry to ask you another question, but I have an interesting anomaly with one of my 2.3.3.4 sites running header tags seo 3.3.0 on a php 5.4.21 server - and this only seems to affect one site.

Sometimes when I visit the site, or a product on the site, the title does not match the category / product - so I need to go to admin / header tags / page control / all pages and hit update - then all is as it should be again.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Many Thanks

Hi Jack, This problem has persisted intermittantly - I have had to turn off the Header Tags Cache (was set to "normal" now set to "None".) this seems to have solved the problem I was having but I cant see really what was happening to cause this "jumbling up" of the page titles.

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I don't have an answer for you. I know there is a problem on some sites when the gzip method is selected but I've not seen any when the normal method was used. My guess is that it happens after a product is update since the cache gets updated then too, though that should just be for the one entry so it doesn't seem like that would be it. I do plan on re-doing the cache section in a future version but for now it is probably best to leave it off if it is causing you problems.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi there,

I'm using your latest version. I have a issue. In my admin it says;

Page not added - file name is invalid - opensearch.php exclude Page not added - file name is invalid - headertags_seo_update.php exclude.

When I use the link it does not exclude.

Could you helpp with this

Edited by jedimarv

First, you need to look at the files to see if they should be there. Leaving the headertags_seo_update.php in your root is a security hazard and it should be deleted. Using exclude on it will just prevent the error message from displaying. You need to check any file that shows up. If it is not needed to run the shop, delete it. As for the exclude not working, it might be that you didn't upload the headertags_seo_exclude.php file. If it is there, then my guess is that your server is not setup to allow the creation and writing to of files in admin. Your error log might indicate that problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons