• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

heads up jack,

osc 2.3.3.4 with HTagsSEO 3.30

getting this error:

Warning: mysql_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in /home/sympacar/public_html/talk/apanel/header_tags_test.php on line 302

it fixed with the below suggestion--thanks!!! everything looks fine.

i still do not think i have it configured right, i will look at it again and try to post

some questions once i figure out what to ask.

thanks again!!

@@Mort-lemur For the first problem, please find this in the admin/header_tags_test.php file

foreach ($tables as $table => $field)
{
 $check_query = tep_db_query("select * from ". $table);
 $found = false;

$i = 0;
 while ($i < mysql_num_fields($check_query))
 {
 if (($meta = mysql_fetch_field($check_query, $i)))
 {
	 if ($meta->name == $field)
	 {
	 $found = true;
	 break;
	 }
 }
 $i++;
 }

and replace it with

foreach ($tables as $table => $field) {
 $check_query = tep_db_query("select * from ". $table);
 $found = false;
 $i = 0;
 while ($i < tep_db_num_rows($check_query)) {
 if (($meta = tep_db_fetch_fields($check_query, $i))) {
	 if ($meta->name == $field) {
	 $found = true;
	 break;
	 }
 }
 $i++;
 }

For the last problem, 2.3.3.4 loads the boxes automatically so you don't need to make that change.

I don't know why installing this would remove existing boxes. I tried it here and that didn't happen but I was using a clean install so maybe that makes a difference. I'm glad you found the cause because I was going to say I had no idea on that one. :)

I'll be releasing a new version soon that will have these fixes and other changes. If you notice anything else, please let me know so they can be included in the next version.

Hi Jack,

I have added HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.3.0\Use_if_version_greaterthan_2.3. I have Oscommerce 2.3. I installed everything in the install notes for Admin and Include files plus the ones for the root directory. Everything is working in Admin/Header Tags Seo except when I click on Page Control in Admin, it takes me to www.xxxxxx.com/admin/Header Tags Seo and all I see is a blank page. I would appreciate your help and thanks for taking and answering our questions as we learn.

Edited by veronie

That's not a lot to go on but a blank page usually means there is a coding error. See if there is an error_log file in the admin directory and, if there is, see if the latest entries have to do with this addon. If there isn't, open the admin/includes/application_top.php file and find the line (near the top) that starts with error_reporting and replace it with these two lines

error_reporting(E_ALL); 
 ini_set('display_errors','1');

The save it and try to load the page again. You may see a lot of warnings but you are only interest in errors, which will be the last entry, if one is found.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, not sure if this has been covered in this thread but it's kind of a difficult thing to search for and 360+ pages, so sorry if so!

I have 2 OSC installations, my original shop "OSC1", then when I expanded to another city, I created a secondary shop "OSC2" with an addon domain copying the same folders/files, changing the configs for OSC2 appropriately, BUT linked to the same DB as OSC1. The reason for this is that the new shop has a different domain, company name, logo but everything else about the shops, including template/inventory is identical.

The structure is:

public_html/OSC1/OSC2

OSC2 doesn't have an admin side, just a catalog, OSC1's admin controls everything for both shops. Here lies my problem with Header Tags...it can't distinguish between the 2 different sites, so right now, both sites have my original headers for OSC1. Any changes apply to both sites.

I'm wondering if there is a simple "if" statement I can make that will allow the contribution to recognize the OSC2 pages (domain) as different?? The only other conceivable way I can think of doing this is to basically do a windows grep on OSC2 for everything that says "Header Tags" or "header_tags..." and rename to "Header Tags002" (including the sql)..basically making a separate mod, THEN have to add to the OSC1 admin side files......but this seems really risky (I'll back up everything of course).

Any ideas or suggestions??

edit: sorry, HT V3.2.5 on OSC 2.3.1 (soon to be updated)

Edited by coolfly027

The main problem is with the database, not the files. Most of the data is stored in the database so there is only one copy. There isn't anything in the code that will allow two different entries. I suppose something could be written to allow this but you would run into the same problem with other addons. The true fix is to install the Multi Shop addon. It's not compatible with 2.3 though, assuming that is the version you are using. But even if you have an earlier version, it is not an addon I recommend due to the large number of changes that are needed. You would be better advised to use two databases, in my opinion. But you may want to ask in the general forum to see if others have a solution. I know this question has come up before.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, thanks for the response! The real problem is I need to win the lottery so I can pay somebody else to worry about this stuff and I can go to Hawaii!!! So far I've been fortunate with the addons that everything else has worked with little tweaking. I guess I'm going to do all my site updates, backup everything, and see if I can come up with something creative for this issue during off hours. I'd like to keep it all on one db for now as my plan is to uniform everything later (and won't have a need for multiple shops). Thanks again!

Since i installed header tags SEO - Ultimate non of the items in my modular front page add on work anymore. Is there a way to make them work...like the scrolling text, main text, and banner rotator? any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I don't know which addon you mean by "header tags SEO - Ultimate" but if you are talking about this one, it would not cause such a failure unless it was not installed correctly. The things you mentioned would probably be controlled via the template_top.php file so I would start looking there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I need help installing Header Tags seo

I've updated my Years old OsC store with theme. to new version, I've re-added all new products.

Previously using your addon, But now as files are all changed I've no idea where to do...

I just want to use Meta tags for categories, products, infopages.

(is it compatible with seo URL 5 ?, I'm using that as well)

regards

There are update instructions included with the package. You can follow each of those. Most are not difficult but, depending upon your version, there could be a lot of them. You can use SEO 5 as long as it is in rewrite mode.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for revert Jack,

Can you suggest,

I just want Meta Infos, other is not required, does it require all changes in index.php ? Or can I just ignore those?

Its kinda fresh install of header tags seo, osc is modified already.

Edited by vinod41

If you are not interested in SEO'ing your site, you can install any of the other addons that just handle meta tags, though I don't think it is worth the bother. For this one, you would need the changes in admin and to the index.php and product_info.php if you just want it to control the tags. You can do a fresh install of the files and use the update file for the database changes as long as your version is not before 3.2.3, or so.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have installed header tags SEO and mostly the install seemed to go OK. However I did not realise that I had a previous version installed so many of the database tables were already present. When I ran the install.php file it sis not come up successful due to existing tables so I tried to use the uninstall.php file thinking this would remove any existing tables and ran the install.php file again. This mostly added the table and many of the fields but looking at the admin menu some options are missing as I believe the install file did not add these;

array("INSERT INTO configuration (" . $fields . ") VALUES (NULL,'Keyword Density Range', 'HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORD_DENSITY_RANGE', '0.02,0.06', 'Set the limits for the keyword density use to dynamically select the keywords. Enter two figures, separated by a comma.', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '" . ($sortID++). "', NULL, now(), NULL)"),
					   array("INSERT INTO configuration (" . $fields . ") VALUES (NULL,'Position Domain', 'HEADER_TAGS_POSITION_DOMAIN', '', 'Set the domain name to be used in the keyword position checking code, like www.domain_name.com or domain_name.com/shop.', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '" . ($sortID++). "', NULL, now(), NULL)"),
					   array("INSERT INTO configuration (" . $fields . ") VALUES (NULL,'Position Page Count', 'HEADER_TAGS_POSITION_PAGE_COUNT', '2', 'Set the number of pages to search when checking keyword positions (10 urls per page).', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '" . ($sortID++). "', NULL, now(), NULL)"),
					   array("INSERT INTO configuration (" . $fields . ") VALUES (NULL,'Separator - Description', 'HEADER_TAGS_SEPARATOR_DESCRIPTION', '-', 'Set the separator to be used for the description (and titles and logo).', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '" . ($sortID++). "', NULL, now(), NULL)"),
					   array("INSERT INTO configuration (" . $fields . ") VALUES (NULL,'Separator - Keywords', 'HEADER_TAGS_SEPARATOR_KEYWORD', ',', 'Set the separator to be used for the keywords.', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '" . ($sortID++). "', NULL, now(), NULL)"),
					   array("INSERT INTO configuration (" . $fields . ") VALUES (NULL,'Search Keywords', 'HEADER_TAGS_SEARCH_KEYWORDS', 'false', 'This option allows keywords stored in the Header Tags SEO search table to be searched when a search is performed on the site.', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '" . ($sortID++). "', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL)"),
					   array("INSERT INTO configuration (" . $fields . ") VALUES (NULL,'Store Keywords', 'HEADER_TAGS_STORE_KEYWORDS', 'true', 'This option stores the searched for keywords so they can be used by other parts of Header Tags, like in the Tag Cloud option.', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '" . ($sortID++). "', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL)"),
					   array("INSERT INTO configuration (" . $fields . ") VALUES (NULL,'Tag Cloud Column Count', 'HEADER_TAGS_TAG_CLOUD_COLUMN_COUNT', '8', 'Set the number of keywords to display in a row in the Tag Cloud box.', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '" . ($sortID++). "', NULL, now(), NULL)"));

Please could I get help on how do I get these into my database table?

Thanks

Hi Jack,

I followed your advise and uploaded to http://www.mydomain.co.uk/headertags_seo_update.php?reset_options=true

However I get the following error message

1048 - Column 'set_function' cannot be null

INSERT INTO configuration ( configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function ) VALUES (NULL,'Keyword Density Range', 'HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORD_DENSITY_RANGE', '0.02,0.06', 'Set the limits for the keyword density use to dynamically select the keywords. Enter two figures, separated by a comma.', '290', '21', NULL, now(), NULL)

[TEP STOP]

Warning: SQLiteDatabase::query() [sqlitedatabase.query]: column cache_name is not unique in /mounted-storage/home2/sub001/sc17958-FIWR/myfairhands.co.uk/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php on line 130

Sorry this is the error

1048 - Column 'set_function' cannot be null
INSERT INTO configuration ( configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function ) VALUES (NULL,'Keyword Density Range', 'HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORD_DENSITY_RANGE', '0.02,0.06', 'Set the limits for the keyword density use to dynamically select the keywords. Enter two figures, separated by a comma.', '290', '21', NULL, now(), NULL)
[TEP STOP]

Warning: SQLiteDatabase::query() [sqlitedatabase.query]: column cache_name is not unique in /mounted-storage/home2/sub001/sc17958-FIWR/mydomain.co.uk/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php on line 130

Edited by harperk

Hi Jack,

After installing headertags seo on a fresh v 2,3,3,4 all info in admin disappears when clicked or edited, this includes true/false products and all its info, countries ect..

I have followed all instructions, please advise.

Thanks!

Edited by robster2

All info? Even your configure section and orders? What are true/false products? I can't even guess at what would cause such destruction. There's nothing in the code of this addon that could cause that even if there was a deliberate attempt.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Well any info that I save, for example if I click edit on a product and save it, all product info exluding the name is gone, yes also in configure lets say I put false to show gender and save it gender is gone all together.. everything saved to the database vanishes.. any Idea where I should start checking for errors ?

Thanks