• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

HiJack,

I have an issue with the Header Tags SEO V 3.3.0 that I just installed and was looking for a little help. I have it all installed and there are no errors anywhere except for the error log on the server. Here are the last 3 errors recorded.

[Mon Aug 26 00:25:12 2013] [error] [client xxxxxxxx] File does not exist: /xxxx/xxxxxx/public_html/test/404.shtml, referer: http://test.a1personalprotection.biz/product_info.php?products_id=30

[Mon Aug 26 00:25:12 2013] [error] [client xxxxxxxx] File does not exist: /xxxxxx/xxxxx/public_html/test/images/socialbookmark, referer: http://test.a1personalprotection.biz/product_info.php?products_id=30

[Mon Aug 26 00:25:12 2013] [error] [client xxxxxxxxx] File does not exist: /xxxx/xxxxxx/public_html/test/404.shtml, referer: http://test.a1personalprotection.biz/product_info.php?products_id=30

Everything works in admin and all looks to be working well on the catalog side as well so Im not quite sure where to look. After filling tags and such in admin I ran the test and there are no errors reported.

The issue I have is that the social bookmarks part does not display correctly. Can be seen here . The text links are there but it will not display the little icon pics that goes with them. Click on a product link and you will see the 1 showing.

I double checked and the pics are there in catalog/images/socialbookmarks but I cant figure out why they will not show. Only 1 of them will show when you click on a product link. It seems like the pics are being called from somewhere else besides catalog/images/socialbookmarks becaust the 1 pic that does show is pintrest but it is not the one uploaded from the installation folder.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm sort of lost when it comes to the actual code thing. I can install, copy and paste and build the site but that's about as far as I go at the moment. I did run back through the complete install and checked the files one by one and couldn't find the problem.

Im running Online Merchant v2.3.3 and installed Header Tags SEO V 3.3.0. It's a new install that I am building up before I add the products for sale and go live and only has 3 products added.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. If possible please describe the problem in dummy terms so that I can understand you. Thanks!!

You say the images are in the catalog/images directory but the error is saying it is looking in the test directory so it seems something is wrong with your configure file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You say the images are in the catalog/images directory but the error is saying it is looking in the test directory so it seems something is wrong with your configure file.

I'm sorry about that, I wrote that wrong. The images are in public_html/test/images/socialbookmark directory just as the error says. This is a test site on the same server as my main site. I must be confused from the frustration.

If you right click on one of the missing images and look at the properties, it shows this path: http://test.a1personalprotection.biz/images/socialbookmark/delicious.png. Since it can't find the image, the image is either not there or the configure file is not setup correctly.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

If you right click on one of the missing images and look at the properties, it shows this path: http://test.a1personalprotection.biz/images/socialbookmark/delicious.png. Since it can't find the image, the image is either not there or the configure file is not setup correctly.

Hi Jack, Thanks for opening up my eyes. It is working fine now. The problem was that instead of making the new file images/socialbookmark (singular) and uploading the images I put the images in the existing images/social_bookmarks which is the wrong thing to do. So it was a mistake on my part.

Thanks for the eye opener and your time. This contribution is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

@@Jack

I must say this is the most tedious piece of add on. The moment i saw categories.php i almost fainted! At the same time, the database installer php file that you did is the most wonderful piece i have seen. And the testing of all the pages, etc in the admin panel, even the help file to click on the error to explain, the FAQs, is fantastic!

Right now, trying to fix the product_info.php - looks ugly. kinda alignment all gone.

Can see at

oxytarm-ap.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=29

Regards,

PS: pray that i can solve myself!

Edited by burt
remove link

The instructions and code that come with the addon is for a standard file. Your shop uses a template so the files in it can vary quite a bit from standard. I can't offer individual help in a support thread so you'll need to figure it out on your own. I do suggest replacing your file with the original and then make the changes to it one at a time, checking it each time, until you find the problem area.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if someone else had this problem before, but I've installed the latest HTC and everything is working fine except Page Control.

It doesn't display any page. I just get a pull down-menu behind "Select an option" with the options "Select a file", "Show All Files" and "Add missing page", but none of my actual page like index.php are showing up.

Now my index.php file is displaying "Replace me in Page Control" and I can't do anything about this.

Does anyone have the solution for this?

It's most likely because you are using non-standard code for including the header. In admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php, find this code

function IsTemplate() //return if BTS or STS is enabled, or not
{

and add this after it

return true;

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack.

A few weeks ago, I asked you about one problem that I had in my store.

When I access a products page, the meta tag looks like this:

<title>Ambiance Bijoux e Acessorios - Loja virtual de Bijuterias, Acessorios, Porta Joias</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Compre bijuterias finas online. Encontre tudo o que voce precisa por um otimo preço e qualidade" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Brincos, aneis, bijuterias, bijoux, porta joias, maletas, pulseiras" >

<meta name="googlebot" content="all" >

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" >

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >

<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" >

But these "Meta names" is reference to the "default page" of the system, but in this product I've wrote a new tags, and this tags is not showing up in the product page.

All the Tags that i wrote in Products, Categories and Manufecter are not showing up. Always the tags a reference from the "default page".

You told me to load the product_info.php in Page Control and uncheck all boxes for it except Include Products. Save and update a products page.

I've try to do that, but meta tags that i wrote in the product, is not showing up. Only shows the Tags from the "default page".

I tested the product?_info.php in this module in the admin/header_tags_test.php and looks like this:

Title and Meta Tag results for product_info.php?products_id=704 explain

Portugues

From Site:

Title ->

Meta Description ->

Meta Keywords ->

From Settings:

Title -> - Creme hidradante para os pes. Cremes para hidratacao dos pes, Linha de Comestico

Meta Description -> - Compre creme hidratantes para os pes on line. Produtos para hidratacao. Apresentamos aqui o Creme hidradante para os pés. A principal funcao desse creme e mass

Meta Keywords -> , creme, hidratantes, pes, creme hidratante, creme lezabe, cosmeticos, produtos de cosmeticos, produtos para hidratacao, cremes para os pes, hidratante para pes, linha de cosmeticos, creme para hidratacao

Results of scan:

product_info.php is missing Header Tags code or it is not installed correctly. Verify that Fill Tags has been ran and that the root checkbox or the default checkboxes have been checked in Page Control.

Do you have an idea how to fixed this?

Tks,

Marcelo Collina

Hi Jack,

I've OSCommerce 2.2 MS2 with STS, FCK Editor and HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.3.0.

Everything works fine, so I suppose to have installed your contribution correctly.

The only problem is when I enable the FCK editor in the HeaderTag SEO configuration panel. When I open a new product page or edit an existing one, the page is "rendered" only up to the "Product

Description" field label, so I see only the first upper part of the page, no HTML editor or simple text area are shown.

Thank You.

@@dionisium Try using the included categories.php file to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you've made a mistake in the edits for that page. If not, then it is probably due to the version of that editor you are using, or something related to its installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@mcollina Well, the error is saying the header tags isn't installed in the product_info page but that is not always accurate due to the number of variations in the oscommerce code. You would try the included file and see if they appear. If you are using 2.3, then try the includes/templates_top.php file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@mcollina Well, the error is saying the header tags isn't installed in the product_info page but that is not always accurate due to the number of variations in the oscommerce code. You would try the included file and see if they appear. If you are using 2.3, then try the includes/templates_top.php file.

Akward, because the other pages the header tag is usually filled.

If the problem were in Template_top.php would not have header tag on any page, is that correct?

And the product_info.php is showing the default Tag on the page.

So, I saw the Template_top and is correct:

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>" />

<title><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($oscTemplate->getTitle()); ?></title>

<?php

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

I'm lost...but i liked the header tag module.

If the code is in template_top and it is working for the other pages, then it should work for the product pages. In that case, it almost has to be the check box settings in page control for the product_info.php page. I can't think of anything else that would stop it from working.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I upgraded Header Tags from 3.2.6 to 3.3.0 on my dev store and after running the headertags_seo_update.php file all the settings are duplicated. Is there a way to prevent this without running the uninstaller and losing all the tags I have already entered?

Also, the test says 3 files are not found in the database tables, and the explanation is to run the uninstaller and then the installer. I have done that yet the results are the same. I would have to run it again to see just what files they are, but it has to do with the products_info, categories_info, and manufacturers_info.