• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

The update is saying to replace existing Header Tags SEO code with the new code. You can see the begin and end statements in the code block being replaced. The code block you posted doesn't have those begin and end statements so you've got the wrong block of code or that change was never installed.

The better way to make the changes to the files is to use the latest version. Either compare your files with it using a compare program like Winmerge or by following the manual instructions. The update file is just for the database and may or may not work for your database since it only works with later versions. I think starting with 3.2.3 but it might be an earlier version.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

again don't know if this has been covered before.

All working well now except I get no categories description unless it has products.

i.e. When clicking the main category I have 5 sub-categories and no description.

On the sub categories I get the description as it has products.

If I enter a single product into a main category I do get the description.

Is this normal behaviour or do I need to look at the install code?

I really need a description on the main categories.

Iain

There's nothing in the code to prevent the descriptions from showing if the category doesn't have any products. Perhaps you have some other addon that is changing how the basic oscommerce code works?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

There shouldn't be any problems installing it in 2.3.3. I'm not aware of any differences that would cause problems and have installed it into a 2.3.3 shop.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Aha,

its the dynamic template system then.

The Index has been split into 2 category files (categories & categories nested), I had assumed this the 2.3 structure but obviously not.

Makes it more difficult but hey, never been beaten yet! Just takes more time to work the code out, sometimes MUCH more time lol.

Thanks for your input, you must be, by now, the premier developer for OsCommerce, you seem to have written almost all my contributions!

See you on GoogleBase forum.!

Iain.

Edited by yahalimu

Ahh, OK. Yes, that is a template. I've seen a few shops like that. The code is the same, mostly, but you have to do it per file.

I'm glad you find my addons useful. :)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No Worries.

I've narrowed down the culprit.

echo '<h2 style="text-decoration:none;">' . $category['categories_htc_description'] . '</h2>';

isn't outputting because its not been populated.

Before this I have

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

but it obviously isn't the correct query.

Modified my header.php file to get the account, cart and checkout buttons up out of the breadcrumb and up into the upper left of the header, placing the search function in their former location. To do this required placing a .gif image with the phone number on the header, with a store_logo.png image on the left; gives the same appearance, but unless done this way, the functions would not float on top as desired. My store_logo.png measures 407 x 102 pixels, with the .gif image at 951 x 131 pixels.

Problem is when the "header tags SEO" statement is in the file, it breaks the grid system. Have tried to change some of the specified positions and sizes, but no joy!

Here is the current header.php file:

<?php

/*

$Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {

echo '<div class="grid_24">' . $messageStack->output('header') . '</div>';

}

?>

<div id="header" class="grid_24">

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<div>

<div id="storeLogo"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES .

'store_logo.png', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a>';

?></div>

<?php if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_PAGE_TOP_TITLE == 'true') { ?>

<div style="position:absolute; top:-5px; left:30%; color:#777; font-size:10px; text-align:center"><?php echo

$header_tags_array['title']; ?></div>

<?php } ?>

</div>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

</div>

<div id="storeLogo"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES .

'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></div>

<div id="headerLongcuts">

<?php

echo '<a class="headerNavigation" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '"alt="" >'.($cart->count_contents() > 0 ? '

(' . $cart->count_contents() . ')' : '') . HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS . '</a>  ' .

'<a class="headerNavigation" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '" alt="">' . HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT

. '</a>  ';

/*if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest']) && !isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['guest'])) &&

!$order->customer['is_dummy_account'])*/ {

echo '<a class="headerNavigation" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '"alt="">' . HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT .

'</a>  ' ;

}

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

echo '<a class="headerNavigation" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL') . '"alt="" >' . HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF . '</a>

' ;

}

?>

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

$("#headerShortcuts").buttonset();

</script>

</div>

<div class="grid_24 ui-widget infoBoxContainer">

<div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading"><?php echo '  ' . $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></div>

</div>

<div id="searchbox">

<?php echo tep_draw_form('search', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get') .

tep_draw_hidden_field('search_in_description','1') . tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="100"

style="width: ' . (140) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() .'<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Search">' . '</form>';

?>

</div>

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="headerError">

<td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="headerInfo">

<td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

Has to be something simple... I don't understand it?

Appreciate any help possible,

Timmy C

• 2 weeks later...

@@Jack_msc

I don't know what I did (I've done quite a bit in the last couple of weeks) but I am now receiving this error when trying to access "Create Account" and "Login"

Fatal error: Call to undefined function filename_information() in /home/essent8/public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 499

Line 499 says

if ($defaultTags['meta_noydir']) echo ' <meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >' . "\n";

This is one file I've never touched, so it must be referring to something else I've done.

Edited by dhooper

Diana

I found the problem! B)

I had edited the "information.php" file and renamed the original one "information(original).php" Somehow, my editing software must have updated the header_tags file to reflect the new name instead of staying with the same filename. :D

Diana

I'm going through and checking all the titles for pages on my site, but there are a few missing (basically, all the account and checkout files). Could you tell me what setting I am missing?

I went to admin - header tags seo - page control - but the pages are not listed even after running Missing Pages

I have Ultimate SEO Urls as well. I went to admin - configuration - seo urls - enable use Header Tags as name - true

Diana

The checkout, and other such, pages are blocked in the code. It doesn't serve any purpose for them to have special titles and tags since the search engines can't see them.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello !

Im getting this errors in the module:

Found Missing Tags: Categories table has 2 items with missing meta tag information.

Permissions settings for the includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 775

Via ftp i changed to 775 but the error is still there :mellow:

Any ideas ?

TXS !!!!

Edited by europaul

For the first, click on the error and it will take you to the category edit page so you can see the problem. For the second, your server may not be setup to work with those permissions or it may not allow you to change the permissions via ftp.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, Your addon is just awesome. I had no problems installing.

But i have transferred my meta tags and desc to the database and it shows in admin. how do i make changes so that it shows up in the catalog? Please help me!

I'm glad to hear you like it. If the tag data is showing in admin and not on the shop side, then you've either made a mistake with the installation or the settings are not correct in Page Control for that page. You can try running the test routine to see if it detects any problems. You can also use the included files to help locate the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, Thanks for the reply...

The test routine do not detect any problem related to this. Furthermore, installation works.

I installed the earlier version of this in my old site and backed up the database. I transferred the data from there to here. So, Can this be causing the problem? I am using osc 2.3.3 while my old shop was 2.2

The database changes are the same for either version of shop but there are differences between versions of Header Tags SEO so you need to be sure you've ran the update file with the reset options option. If it is a very old version you are copying, then manual changes will be needed, as described in the update files.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I installed the Latest version for OSC version 2.3.3 and my CSS buttons are missing. I hope all controls to .css buttons are in the stylesheet.css. Please tell me what other files to check.

Here's a page to look at:http://btownmedia.com/product_info.php?products_id=21

Thanks

Edited by discxpress

Hi jack,

I am using a completelt new version of yours on my new website. I didnt have to upgrade because i started from fresh....I did checked fill all tags options in page control..but no avail...i have everything stored in database. i do not know how to activate them or make them show in catalog