• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi

I have just installed http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851/ and the version V 3.2.8 dated 29 Jan 2012

The admin side works perfect but on the front end I get the following error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in /customers/1/0/7/irhtoys.co.uk/httpd.www/includes/header_tags.php on line 299

My url is www.irhtoys.co.uk

The coding below is from 299 onwards where it says the error is

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS):

It's because you have files in your root directory that shouldn't be there and the Header Tags is trying to make sense of them. In the above case, you have a file named sitemap.class.php but there's no such entry of FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS in your filenames file so it is failing. You need to remove such files from your root directory and replace the includes/header_tags.php file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Thank you for the reply

I followed your advice and took the sitemap.class.php file out of the root and replaced the includes/header_tags.php file and it got the site working again sort of

I got this error now

When I click on a product for example http://irhtoys.co.uk/pirate-themed-filled-party-bags-p-1104.html, I get the following error

1054 - Unknown column 'pd.products_head_sub_text' in 'field list'
select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, pd.products_head_sub_text from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '1104' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'
[TEP STOP]

Also just spotted this error as well in the admin side, when I click on a product and click the edit button, I get this error

1054 - Unknown column 'pd.products_head_listing_text' in 'field list'

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_listing_text, pd.products_head_sub_text, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '1032' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

What would I need to do to fix both of them errors, sorry its first time I have used this add on

I am not using version 3 2 8 now, I am doing a fresh install using 3 2 6

but got this error when trying to load the url http://www.irhtoys.co.uk/headertags_seo_install.php

1048 - Column 'set_function' cannot be null

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function) VALUES (NULL,'Keyword Density Range', 'HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORD_DENSITY_RANGE', '0.02,0.06', 'Set the limits for the keyword density use to dynamically select the keywords. Enter two figures, separated by a comma', '543', '54', NULL, now(), NULL)

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas

Sorry about this

What would I need to do to fix both of them errors, sorry its first time I have used this add on

Both are saying there is a missing field in the database. If this is a new install, use the uninstall and install files. If this is an update, you will need to find the command to add that manually in the update docs.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I did the http://www.irhtoys.co.uk/headertags_seo_uninstall.php and got the following error

1091 - Can't DROP 'products_head_title_tag'; check that column/key exists

ALTER TABLE products_description DROP products_head_title_tag

[TEP STOP]

So I did the http://www.irhtoys.co.uk/headertags_seo_install.php and got the following error

1048 - Column 'set_function' cannot be null

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function) VALUES (NULL,'Keyword Density Range', 'HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORD_DENSITY_RANGE', '0.02,0.06', 'Set the limits for the keyword density use to dynamically select the keywords. Enter two figures, separated by a comma', '543', '54', NULL, now(), NULL)

[TEP STOP]

I am really stuck with this add on, I don't know what to do as is a good add on and will help the seo for the website

Ian

I had a similar problem to your 1048 - Column 'set_function' cannot be null problem. I know i did something in the database but have no idea what it was unfortunately. It had something to do with the way the database was set up, and needed something changing to do with how it handles null.

If i can remember where the post was i will let you know.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Hi Steve

I found this post

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/370724-database-optimizer/page__st__40

and followed the advice on there to remove the default NULL so I removed all the NULL from the keyword density range section and got this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''Keyword Density Range', 'HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORD_DENSITY_RANGE', '0.02,0.06', 'Set ' at line 1

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function) VALUES (,'Keyword Density Range', 'HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORD_DENSITY_RANGE', '0.02,0.06', 'Set the limits for the keyword density use to dynamically select the keywords. Enter two figures, separated by a comma', '543', '54', now()

[TEP STOP]

I am going to give up in a minute on this add on

Hi Steve

I found this post

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/370724-database-optimizer/page__st__40

and followed the advice on there to remove the default NULL so I removed all the NULL from the keyword density range section and got this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''Keyword Density Range', 'HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORD_DENSITY_RANGE', '0.02,0.06', 'Set ' at line 1

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function) VALUES (,'Keyword Density Range', 'HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORD_DENSITY_RANGE', '0.02,0.06', 'Set the limits for the keyword density use to dynamically select the keywords. Enter two figures, separated by a comma', '543', '54', now()

[TEP STOP]

I am going to give up in a minute on this add on

The following should work:

[b]INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function) VALUES (NULL,'Keyword Density Range', 'HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORD_DENSITY_RANGE', '0.02,0.06', 'Set the limits for the keyword density use to dynamically select the keywords. Enter two figures, separated by a comma', '543', '54', now(), NULL)[/b]
Edit the sql and remove DEFAULT NULL from the set_function line

However, there will probably be others. The best thing to do is to edit your database and change the entry for set_function in the configuration table to have a default setting of NULL.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok I have copied the following line from above Jack and put it in the headertags_seo_install.php file and uploaded that again to the web server

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function) VALUES (NULL,'Keyword Density Range', 'HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORD_DENSITY_RANGE', '0.02,0.06', 'Set the limits for the keyword density use to dynamically select the keywords. Enter two figures, separated by a comma', '543', '54', now(), NULL)

I then went into my database and into the configuration table and gave the set_function a default of NULL and tried to run the http://www.irhtoys.co.uk/headertags_seo_install.php again but still got the same error - see below

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function) VALUES (NULL,'Keyword Density Range', 'HEADER_TAGS_KEYWORD_DENSITY_RANGE', '0.02,0.06', 'Set the limits for the keyword density use to dynamically select the keywords. Enter two figures, separated by a comma', '543', '54', now(), NULL

[TEP STOP]

Edited by ianhaney

Hello

My problem is with the option "fill tag", I have installed 10 languages, and attempting to fill the choices of categories, products, manufacturers etc ... to "fill tags" below choose the language, but it changed for another, if I keep them in Spanish, German saved me, if I keep it in French, Spanish saved me, and so with several languages.

The text says this:

languages in the Header Tags table are: 6 ( русс ). languages in the Header Tags table are: 9 ( Chino ). languages in the Header Tags table are: 10 ( japones ). languages in the Header Tags table are: 7 ( Svenskt ). languages in the Header Tags table are: 1 ( English ). languages in the Header Tags table are: 8 ( norske ). languages in the Header Tags table are: 5 ( Italiano ). languages in the Header Tags table are: 2 ( Español ). languages in the Header Tags table are: 4 ( français ).

Curiously, here is changed the order of languages, because the admin is another order. Neither option works me "Description: (page)" tab of "fill tags", has any idea what could it be?

Thank you very much for the help

Chelo

Ok I have copied the following line from above Jack and put it in the headertags_seo_install.php file and uploaded that again to the web server

That won't work. The code I posted is for directly changing the database. The code in the install file requires a different format. But now that you have changed the database, you should be able to run the uninstall and the original install file successfully.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

My problem is with the option "fill tag", I have installed 10 languages, and attempting to fill the choices of categories, products, manufacturers etc ...

Curiously, here is changed the order of languages, because the admin is another order. Neither option works me "Description: (page)" tab of "fill tags", has any idea what could it be?

I'm sorry but I can't understand the question. But is there a reason why you don't just use the All Languages option? I tried filling the languages in my setup here, both with all and with each language and didn't have any problems. That's not to say there isn't one but I can't see it if there is.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Well Jack I actually got a succesfully installed message after uploading the orginal headertags_seo_install.php file

Is it ok to keep you up to date only if I get any errors or stuck at any point but will try to work it out for myself first

Should I be using the instructions in 3.2.6 version as they seem to be for users that have STS or BTS stores and I have neither as I dont have any of the following on my web server

Your shop is an STS shop if there is an includes/sts_templates/ directory.

Your shop is a BTS shop if there is a templates directory in the root directory.

What instructions would you recommend to use Jack

I have uploaded all the files from the version 3.2.6

Edited by ianhaney

Can I upload the files from the version 3.2.7 and use them instructions as well that come with the version 3.2.7

Would they be ok to use

all done and sorted, it works perfect now, I love it

After all that it was well worth it

Thank you so much Jack for all your help

Hi JaCk;

First, sorry for not speaking your language up correctly. I'll see if I can explain better. I completed the installation of the Header tags automatically, in a clean oscommerce, but additional languages ​​after the installation went, and had to install and uninstall the header tags several times. Each time you reinstall, change the order of languages​​, according to the test header tags, right now, I test this order;

languages in the Header Tags table are: 6 ( русс ).

languages in the Header Tags table are: 9 ( Chino ).

languages in the Header Tags table are: 10 ( japones ).

languages in the Header Tags table are: 7 ( Svenskt ).

languages in the Header Tags table are: 1 ( English ).

languages in the Header Tags table are: 8 ( norske ).

languages in the Header Tags table are: 5 ( Italiano ).

languages in the Header Tags table are: 2 ( Español ).

languages in the Header Tags table are: 4 ( français ).

But in reality, the actual order in the admin would be as follows;

1 ( English ).

2(Alemán)

3 ( français ).

4 ( Español )

5 ( Italiano )

6 ( русс )

7 ( Svenskt )

8 ( norske )

9 ( japones ).

10 ( Chino ).

The problem is that when filling options "fill tags", exchange content between languages, in the order indicated by the test header tags, meaning that the French appear in Spanish, the Spanish text appears in the German, etc ...

Besides, if I try to fill in the "fill tags" option "Description: (page)",I get this option is not reflected, not saved.

Probably if automatically install everything, solve everything, my problem is that I had finished the whole page with other things and have to start over other vez.Y cost me four months to finish it .... I am not a programmer, I hard time installing things ... I would appreciate any help

thanks

Cheloki

Edited by Cheloki

First, sorry for not speaking your language up correctly. I'll see if I can explain better. I completed the installation of the Header tags automatically, in a clean oscommerce, but additional languages ​​after the installation went, and had to install and uninstall the header tags several times. Each time you reinstall, change the order of languages​​, according to the test header tags, right now, I test this order;

No need to apologize. I was just stating the problem I was having. It sounds like there is a problem with your language ID's but it would be too much to try to talk you through troubleshooting it so I won't be able to help.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you to Jack for this great contribution! Quick question...

I am using version OSCommerce version 2.2 MS2, so I am using instructions from "Use_if_version_lessthan_2.3" and having trouble getting it running correctly, so I was digging around to see if I could make it work.

I noticed something in the folder "catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2"

In the Install_Admin.txt the first instruction says:

------

In admin/includes/function/general.php before the last ?>,

ADD:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

require('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

------

However the file header_tags_general.php is not contained in the directory: catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2/admin/includes/functions/

The only file listed is general.php

I realize that header_tags_general.php is listed in the MS2 folder, but not in the RC2, but the install instructions are the same for both versions. So, my question is if I am running MS2, do I need to commit out:

I can't get MS2 admin to work unless I commit it out. If I do commit it out, then it kind of works, but having trouble in the admin when editing a product in admin/categories.php It does not load the page completely and has text like TEXT_PRODUCTS_LISTING_TEXT. I am thinking the instructions is missing something.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Shawn

Edited by shawnkm

However the file header_tags_general.php is not contained in the directory: catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2/admin/includes/functions/

The only file listed is general.php

I realize that header_tags_general.php is listed in the MS2 folder, but not in the RC2, but the install instructions are the same for both versions. So, my question is if I am running MS2, do I need to commit out:

I can't get MS2 admin to work unless I commit it out. If I do commit it out, then it kind of works, but having trouble in the admin when editing a product in admin/categories.php It does not load the page completely and has text like TEXT_PRODUCTS_LISTING_TEXT. I am thinking the instructions is missing something.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Shawn

The instructions state, "Upload all of the files in the included catalog directory." It sounds like you didn't do that. Instructions for MS2 shops were removed a version or two ago. The only difference, with regards to Header Tags SEO, between an MS2 and RC2 shop are the includes/application_top.php files so you will need to make those changes manually.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

OK I may be getting somewhere with this problem. I am running on a windows test machine using WAMPSERVER before I go live with it.

I double check my hacks and they are all correct. I tested my uploads four times and they were all correct as well. When I run the test, I get these results:

Permissions Error: explain Permissions settings for the C:/wamp/www/godirect/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

pixel_black.gifMissing File Error: explain Cannot find file /mytestsite/emptyadmin/123admin/header_tags_seo.php. Cannot find file /mytestsite/emptyadmin/123admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php. Cannot find file /mytestsite/emptyadmin/123admin/includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt. Cannot find file /mytestsite/emptyadmin/123admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php. Cannot find file /mytestsite/emptyadmin/123admin/includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php. Cannot find file /mytestsite/emptyadmin/123admin/includes/languages/english/header_tags_seo.php.

My root admin folder is 123admin. /mytestsite/emptyadmin/123admin

Without a shadow of a doubt those files are there.

It seems as though everything is working when I commit out:

in admin/includes/functions/general.php the admin site works perfectly, if I don't commit it out, the admin will not load any page.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

OK I may be getting somewhere with this problem. I am running on a windows test machine using WAMPSERVER before I go live with it.

I double check my hacks and they are all correct. I tested my uploads four times and they were all correct as well. When I run the test, I get these results:

Permissions Error: explain Cannot find file /mytestsite/emptyadmin/123admin/header_tags_seo.php.

The error is saying the code can't find the file. If the files are there, then your configure file is not setup correctly. Nothing else can cause that error, at least that I can think of.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons