• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

hello header tags help,

i installed header tags awhile ago,

i used page control and manually filled in titles in the Page Control.

when i open the pages listed there some are showing the titles and others say default title.

i am not sure what other information to give. i did look over the install directions and did not see anything pertaining to this problem.

thanks,

craig

Edited by zpupster

hello header tags help,

i installed header tags awhile ago,

i used page control and manually filled in titles in the Page Control.

when i open the pages listed there some are showing the titles and others say default title.

What does "open the pages" mean?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

sorry i know i was u nclear opening the certain pages in the browser.

for example:

if i open products_new.php in the browser :

<title>Default title</title>

and Default Title is listed in the tab in IE

but in page control- New Products is the title.

but for specials.php

<title>Specials</title>

and Specials is the Title i manually put in Page Control.

and Specials is in the title on the Tab in IE9.

so i was wondering why is it picking up some titles and not others??

craig

sorry i know i was u nclear opening the certain pages in the browser.

for example:

if i open products_new.php in the browser :

<title>Default title</title>

and Default Title is listed in the tab in IE

but in page control- New Products is the title.

but for specials.php

<title>Specials</title>

and Specials is the Title i manually put in Page Control.

and Specials is in the title on the Tab in IE9.

craig

What version of oscommerce are you using?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I have installed last version of header tags seo I fill all fields. Index.php and product_info.php is ok but categories and manufacturers pages dont show any meta information.

If i edit a category i can see the information but nothing is showed.

Did you check the category and manufacturer check boxes in Page Control for index.php?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have an old version of Header Tags SEO. I don't have such a version installed and can't remember how to set it up since that has changed over time. You should upgrade to the latest version. Not just for this problem but there have been many bugs fixed and options added since your version.

Hi Jack,

Ok great. What would be the best way to update to the latest version of header tags seo from my current installed version of 3.0.4? I have oscommerce version 2.2 RC2 installed.

I was thinking to perhaps run headertags_seo_update.php for the database files, upload the files in the catalog directory for version less than 2.3, then follow the update docs from 3.0.4 to 3.2.8 - would this be the best way or is there an easier way?

Thanks very much.

Hi Jack,

Ok great. What would be the best way to update to the latest version of header tags seo from my current installed version of 3.0.4? I have oscommerce version 2.2 RC2 installed.

I was thinking to perhaps run headertags_seo_update.php for the database files, upload the files in the catalog directory for version less than 2.3, then follow the update docs from 3.0.4 to 3.2.8 - would this be the best way or is there an easier way?

Prior to the last version or two, the update file was specific to the version bieng updated. I changed this recently to check previous changes so it will work for any version, but only from that one forward. So if you use the update file (be sure to use the update settings option), it should catch many of the changes but there will be some that are missing due to the age of your version. All of the mysql updates are in the update files so if you do them as described, you won't have any problems, though it might take a while.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Prior to the last version or two, the update file was specific to the version bieng updated. I changed this recently to check previous changes so it will work for any version, but only from that one forward. So if you use the update file (be sure to use the update settings option), it should catch many of the changes but there will be some that are missing due to the age of your version. All of the mysql updates are in the update files so if you do them as described, you won't have any problems, though it might take a while.

Ok cool, no that's fine, I'll go through the update files and upload the latest files. Cheers!

If it is picking up the default title, as opposed to creating one on the fly, then it means, most likely, you have the default title check box checked in page control for that page.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Just installed, working good. However, in ADMIN, when I click "Page Control", there is a dropdown with "select a file", "show all files", etc... but the left side is blank. No matter which option I choose nothing happens. Any ideas?

Just installed, working good. However, in ADMIN, when I click "Page Control", there is a dropdown with "select a file", "show all files", etc... but the left side is blank. No matter which option I choose nothing happens. Any ideas?

What's the "left side?" What option are you chosing?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

More details:

Catlog side shows replace me in page control for the title so I know it's installed right. OSC 2.3.1. template_top.php has:

<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
 <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>" />
 <title><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($oscTemplate->getTitle()); ?></title>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
?>

In the admin section, header_tags_seo.php, where it says "Select an Option:" no matter which option I choose it doesn't load anything below. I think it has to do with $newfiles[$x]['text']

$pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, page_logo_1 as alt_1, append_category as opt_0, append_manufacturer as opt_1, append_model as opt_2, append_product as opt_3, append_root as opt_4, append_default_title as opt_5, append_default_description as opt_6, append_default_keywords as opt_7, append_default_logo as opt_8, sortorder_category as opt_9, sortorder_manufacturer as opt_10, sortorder_model as opt_11, sortorder_product as opt_12, sortorder_root as opt_13, sortorder_title as opt_14, sortorder_description as opt_15, sortorder_keywords as opt_16, sortorder_logo as opt_17 from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $newfiles[$x]['text'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "' LIMIT 1");

If I add say "echo $newfiles[0]['text']" prior to this call it prints the options.

echo $newfiles[0]['text'];   //prints  Select A File
		   echo $newfiles[1]['text'];  //prints Show All Files
		   echo $newfiles[2]['text'];  //prints Add Missing Pages

Also, when I run a test it says:

Missing Code in File  explain
The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

However, the code is definately there

Edited by dailce

More details:

Catlog side shows replace me in page control for the title so I know it's installed right. OSC 2.3.1. template_top.php has:

However, the code is definately there

You may have a template or some other contribution installed that is confusing the Header Tags code. Try this. In admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php, find this code

function IsTemplate() //return if BTS or STS is enabled, or not
{ 

and change it to

function IsTemplate() //return if BTS or STS is enabled, or not
{
 return true;

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, i have a problem in categories.php when i go to preview a product ok. But when i go back the fields of headers tags seo are empty.

any idea?

The problem has to be in the admin/categories.php file. You can use the included one to test and compare against yours to find the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I think is a bug. I have uploaded the categories.php file for new store from folder 'catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2' and I have the same result

When i am editing in categories.php?cPath=xxxxx&pID=xxxx&action=new_product then I go to preview categories.php?cPath=30_289&pID=3557&action=new_product_preview and after that to back categories.php?cPath=30_289&pID=3557&action=update_product all meta tag information are empty.

My version is:

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

Edited by maquetador

I think is a bug. I have uploaded the categories.php file for new store from folder 'catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2' and I have the same result

When i am editing in categories.php?cPath=xxxxx&pID=xxxx&action=new_product then I go to preview categories.php?cPath=30_289&pID=3557&action=new_product_preview and after that to back categories.php?cPath=30_289&pID=3557&action=update_product all meta tag information are empty.

My version is:

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

I don't think I can help you with this then. Everything in the catalog section in admin is controlled by the one file. If you have replaced yours with the included one and it still fails, then I can't even guess at what it might be.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Ive been using this module for a few years now and just upgraded to 2.3.1 and just put in this version of Seo Headers.

Bbut i have a problem, i have filled all my tags and my product page only shows the default title from page control instead of my product details, within my admin product page all meta tags are filled and this is the result of my test

Title and Meta Tag results for product_info.php

English

From Site:

Title ->

Meta Description ->

Meta Keywords ->

From Settings:

Title ->

Meta Description ->

Meta Keywords ->

Results of scan:

product_info.php is missing data. Fill Tags should be ran.

i have done a winmerge to compare files, ive even checked my sql, i cant see anything that is causing this problem (i do have other contributions but winmerge has sorted that out)

I have no errors to speak of to show you, this is way im stumped :-(

Any ideas would be great as i loved using this on my old site.

Thank you x

Hi Jack

I have the module working perfectly now and i didnt have to do anything to it other than switch off SEO URL-5 pro. (both modules work perfectly just not together)

Do you know any URL SEO modules that work with this module without conflicts ? or do you know how to make these 2 work together

Thank you so much for your time

Emma :-)

I have the module working perfectly now and i didnt have to do anything to it other than switch off SEO URL-5 pro. (both modules work perfectly just not together)

Do you know any URL SEO modules that work with this module without conflicts ? or do you know how to make these 2 work together

I'm pleased to hear you got it going. The two contributions should work togetther but you have to use the rewrite mode in SEO 5. You'll also need to add an .htaccess file if you were using some other mode previously (see the instructions for SEO 5 for more details). Or, you can use Ultimate SEO V2.2d, which will work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If it is picking up the default title, as opposed to creating one on the fly, then it means, most likely, you have the default title check box checked in page control for that page.

i can not figure this out for the life of me.

i do not have default title keywords or description or title checked and never did.

i tired playing around by checking and unchecking the boxes in page control. but always i end up with the pages listed under page control

using default title,default keywords and default descriptions.

sorry for not getting right back to you . i am in the middle of a moving.

craig

i can not figure this out for the life of me.

i do not have default title keywords or description or title checked and never did.

i tired playing around by checking and unchecking the boxes in page control. but always i end up with the pages listed under page control

using default title,default keywords and default descriptions.

I don't know what else it could be and it isn't something that can be handled in a thread like this.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons