• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hello Jack,

the keywords for each product are generated from the product title.

E.G. "This is turn off auto red with 200ps", this title will be fully registered as a keyword in the meta description.

I would like to have a comma between each word,

E.G. "This, is, turn, off, auto, red, with, 200ps"

What can I do?

Thank you very much, Mark.

You can edit the product and enter the commas there. However, that is not a good idea since it will create keywords not directly related to the product.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Silly question. I just finished installing the Header Tags SEO contrib (whew!) and am in the process of testing it and learning how to use it ... in the meantime, how can I get rid of the "Replace Me in the Page Control..." at the top of the store page. I don't see it in the HTSEO module or docs ... yet. TIA!

Silly question. I just finished installing the Header Tags SEO contrib (whew!) and am in the process of testing it and learning how to use it ... in the meantime, how can I get rid of the "Replace Me in the Page Control..." at the top of the store page. I don't see it in the HTSEO module or docs ... yet. TIA!

It's not in the docs, though I suppose it should be, because it tells you what to do. Go to Page Control, select the home page (index.php) and replace it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack! As I was reading the How To Operate doc I figured it out :-) Nice contrib! Much appreciated you making the time/effort to develop! I just need to learn more about SEO and how to use your contrib to put it to good use. BTW...any problems with removing @@import url("headertags_seo_styles.css"); from the original CSS? My font family, header styling, etc are now different. Just wondering. Thanks again for this contrib!

Thanks Jack! As I was reading the How To Operate doc I figured it out :-) Nice contrib! Much appreciated you making the time/effort to develop! I just need to learn more about SEO and how to use your contrib to put it to good use. BTW...any problems with removing @@import url("headertags_seo_styles.css"); from the original CSS? My font family, header styling, etc are now different. Just wondering. Thanks again for this contrib!

Oops ... one important question I forgot to ask ... other than the includes/header_tags.php 755 permission, is it OK to change the permissions for all the files I uploaded from the catalog folder to 644? For some reason when I ftp files with my current ftp app they often end up with 777 or 755 permissions and I have to change to 644 or lower <groan>. Thanks!

You need to include the Header Tags style sheet if you are going to use the tag cloud option and/or if your current css doesn't have h1 and h2 declared. You can add teh import to whatever your main css file is or just copy all of the css from the Header Tags style sheet into that file. The import isn't important. It just makes installing and updating easier.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello ... thought I'd ask this again here since I think it's important. Other than the includes/header_tags.php 755 permission, is it OK to change the permissions for all the other files I uploaded from the catalog folder to 644? When I uploaded to my host they all uploaded with 755 permissions and I want to change them to 644, assuming it won't break anything with the Header Tags SEO contrib? Thanks! PS: Thanks Jack for the clarification re: the CSS!

Hello ... thought I'd ask this again here since I think it's important. Other than the includes/header_tags.php 755 permission, is it OK to change the permissions for all the other files I uploaded from the catalog folder to 644? When I uploaded to my host they all uploaded with 755 permissions and I want to change them to 644, assuming it won't break anything with the Header Tags SEO contrib? Thanks! PS: Thanks Jack for the clarification re: the CSS!

Yes, that is fine and should be done.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, thanks for this contribution, awesome stuff.

I have a slight problem with my title tags that I can't seem to figure out. I would like the title tag on index.php to be unique and not on any other category or manufacturer pages - is there a way of doing this?

Currently whether I fill in the index.php title tag in the admin, or click "default title" for index.php in the header tags seo admin section, it adds the index.php title to the category and manufacturer title tags as well as the title tag I have entered for each manufacturer and category. I can put it at the end of the category and manufacturer title tags by using the sort options in the admin, however I would like to remove the index.php title tag altogether from the manufacturer and category pages.

I have an older version installed on my store (3.0.4) - would it be safe to upgrade to the latest version from that and would that help fix my issue?

Hi Jack, thanks for this contribution, awesome stuff.

I have a slight problem with my title tags that I can't seem to figure out. I would like the title tag on index.php to be unique and not on any other category or manufacturer pages - is there a way of doing this?

Uncheck the root checkbox in index.php in Page Control.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Uncheck the root checkbox in index.php in Page Control.

Hi Jack,

I can't see a "root" checkbox in index.php page control in admin.

I have :

" Default Title: Default Description Default Keywords: Default Logo: Category: Manufacturer:

"

Thanks

Hi Jack,

I can't see a "root" checkbox in index.php page control in admin.

It's there. See the Admin_HeaderTags_SEO_PageControl_product_info.jpg file in the screenshots to see it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's there. See the Admin_HeaderTags_SEO_PageControl_product_info.jpg file in the screenshots to see it.

When I am editing index.php under header tags seo page control in admin and I uncheck the default title checkbox in the admin, and check the category checkbox, the header tags specified under each category appear for each category (Header Tags Category Title, Header Tags Category Description etc...).

When I have unchecked the default title checkbox and have nothing filled out under index.php page control in the admin, there is no title tag for the index.php page.

If I then enter a title tag for index.php this appears on index.php and also appears on the category pages before the category title tag - I want to remove the index.php title tag from all category and manufacturer title tags but I can't seem to do that - the only way is to leave the index.php title tag blank in the admin - header tags seo page control - but then the index.php page has no title tag!

Is there something I have installed incorrectly or is this not possible in this mod?

Thanks.

When I am editing index.php under header tags seo page control in admin and I uncheck the default title checkbox in the admin, and check the category checkbox, the header tags specified under each category appear for each category (Header Tags Category Title, Header Tags Category Description etc...).

Please provide a screen shot of index.php in page control.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have an old version of Header Tags SEO. I don't have such a version installed and can't remember how to set it up since that has changed over time. You should upgrade to the latest version. Not just for this problem but there have been many bugs fixed and options added since your version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi there, I've installed header tags seo and everything seems to be working great, just one problem - shouldn't it fill the Product Title Tag with the Product name if this tag is empty? I know I can can fill it with a default tag but doesn't make much sense to set up the same default tag for all products.

The option "Fill Tags" - marked "fill only empty tags" , updated but I still have empty tags.

Any ideas?

Also, for the man categories it displays the tags i filled myself - which is great but he if I go deeper I get the category name and the subcategory name first and then my tag, How can I get rid of the category/subcategory name from the title?

Hi there, I've installed header tags seo and everything seems to be working great, just one problem - shouldn't it fill the Product Title Tag with the Product name if this tag is empty? I know I can can fill it with a default tag but doesn't make much sense to set up the same default tag for all products.

The option "Fill Tags" - marked "fill only empty tags" , updated but I still have empty tags.

Any ideas?

The only way, that I can think of, for a tag to be empty after running fill tags is if the product doesn't have a name. After you run fill tags, scroll to the bottom of the page and see if any errors are displayed, or run the test routine.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Also, for the man categories it displays the tags i filled myself - which is great but he if I go deeper I get the category name and the subcategory name first and then my tag, How can I get rid of the category/subcategory name from the title?

Uncheck the appropriate box in page control.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Uncheck the appropriate box in page control.

for index.php - If I uncheck category the title is empty, doesn't take the tag i filled or the category path at all

for index.php - If I uncheck category the title is empty, doesn't take the tag i filled or the category path at all

You said you didn't want the category tag in the title. Now you are saying it isn't in the title. I don't know of a way to have it and not have it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You said you didn't want the category tag in the title. Now you are saying it isn't in the title. I don't know of a way to have it and not have it.

Ok, I changed it in the Configuration -Display Category Parents in Title and Tags to Standard and now it's perfect!