• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I just did a check on http://validator.w3.org/ for my tags. It gave me 140 errors. Most meta data that did not have start/end tags. Could this be a general error or did I make a misstake somewhere? Perhaps an open question, but I have not been able to track the source...

Many thanks for any advice!

I just did a check on http://validator.w3.org/ for my tags. It gave me 140 errors. Most meta data that did not have start/end tags. Could this be a general error or did I make a misstake somewhere? Perhaps an open question, but I have not been able to track the source...

No ideas. Validating has no affect on anything unless there is actual broken code so I never look at it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I installed the version Header Tags SEO V 3.2.3 and want to do an update. Which version is right?

There are update files included.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack.

First of all, thank you for such a product as Header tags SEO.

Sorry if my question is answered.

I have found a same questions, but not found a answers.

I have installed Header tags SEO 3.2.8 and ArticlesManager_1.57_7.

The Header tags SEO work fine with the all products and categories, but don't work with topics and articles.

Go to -> Header tags SEO -> Page Control -> Select an Option: -> article_info.php?articles_id=1

Fill the "Title:", "Description:", "Keyword(s):"

And in result, I get only the "default" Title, Description, Keyword on my page article_info.php?articles_id=1

How to make it work?

Edited by killwap

Hello Jack.

First of all, thank you for such a product as Header tags SEO.

Sorry if my question is answered.

I have found a same questions, but not found a answers.

I have installed Header tags SEO 3.2.8 and ArticlesManager_1.57_7.

The Header tags SEO work fine with the all products and categories, but don't work with topics and articles.

Go to -> Header tags SEO -> Page Control -> Select an Option: -> article_info.php?articles_id=1

Fill the "Title:", "Description:", "Keyword(s):"

And in result, I get only the "default" Title, Description, Keyword on my page article_info.php?articles_id=1

How to make it work?

Be sure the root check box is set for the article page in Page Control. If it is, check the includes/header_tags.php file to see if there is code for the article_info.php file and, if it is, that it looks different than most of the others (it should be about 15 lines compared to the 5 or so for a regular page like conditions.php. If it isn't, then the permissions are probably not set correctly on that file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Be sure the root check box is set for the article page in Page Control. If it is, check the includes/header_tags.php file to see if there is code for the article_info.php file and, if it is, that it looks different than most of the others (it should be about 15 lines compared to the 5 or so for a regular page like conditions.php. If it isn't, then the permissions are probably not set correctly on that file.

Thanks for the quick reply

Yes, the root check box is set for the article page in Page Control.

Code for for the article_info.php is not exist in /includes/header_tags.php

I did try on windows server and linux server. Permission for header_tags.php is 755 in linux server. If i set 777, then do get message [Permissions settings for the /home/avgust/domains/oilshinbat.com.ua/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.]

Where do I even pay attention?

Thanks for the quick reply

Yes, the root check box is set for the article page in Page Control.

Code for for the article_info.php is not exist in /includes/header_tags.php

I did try on windows server and linux server. Permission for header_tags.php is 755 in linux server. If i set 777, then do get message [Permissions settings for the /home/avgust/domains/oilshinbat.com.ua/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.]

Where do I even pay attention?

You have to set the permissions to whatever is correct for your server. That's usually the same as what's set for the images directory but not always. If you don't know, you'll need to ask your host.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to set the permissions to whatever is correct for your server. That's usually the same as what's set for the images directory but not always. If you don't know, you'll need to ask your host.

I do not know, what I need to ask by my hoster. Tell please, how permissions are need?

And why it do not work on windows server?

The articles.php do not work, while the other pages (featured_products.php, products_new.php, topsellers_products.php, specials.php, ...) work just fine.

I'm confused.

I do not know, what I need to ask by my hoster. Tell please, how permissions are need?

And why it do not work on windows server?

The articles.php do not work, while the other pages (featured_products.php, products_new.php, topsellers_products.php, specials.php, ...) work just fine.

I'm confused.

For the article pages to work, special code has to be inserted into that file so the Header Tags code has to be able to write to that file. The server settings for your account is not allowing that. For Windows, they don't use permissions, unless a program is installed to allow it. The files are read only by default so you have to change that. For non-Windows servers, there's no set value for the permissions to be correct. It depends on how the server is setup. The default and recommended is 755 but that may not work in your case. Tell your host you have code installed that needs to write to that file but it is failing due to how the permissions are set. They should undestand that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For the article pages to work, special code has to be inserted into that file so the Header Tags code has to be able to write to that file. The server settings for your account is not allowing that. For Windows, they don't use permissions, unless a program is installed to allow it. The files are read only by default so you have to change that. For non-Windows servers, there's no set value for the permissions to be correct. It depends on how the server is setup. The default and recommended is 755 but that may not work in your case. Tell your host you have code installed that needs to write to that file but it is failing due to how the permissions are set. They should undestand that.

Host did said:

------------------

If this file is run to perform the browser and it will be permission the 755 - there is an error. Since the server is prohibited above 755 for security reason.

------------------

Is there an alternative solution?

Is it possible to do so that data written not in the header_tags.php but in another, and it immediately connect in the right place?

Also I am had found code bellow in header_tags.php in windows server.

// article_info.php
case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_APTICLE_INF0):*/
 $page = 'article_info.php?articles_id=';
 $parts = explode("?" ,$page);
 $getStr = substr($parts[1], 0, -1);
 $getlD = isset($_GET[$getStr]) ? $_GET[$getStr] : '';
 $parts = explode("=", $parts[l]);
 if (! ReadCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $getID)) {
if (isset($parts[0])) {
 $found = false;
 $name = FILENAHE_ARTICLE_INFO . "?" . $parts[0] . "=";
 $pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADEPTAGS . " where page_name like '" . tep_db_input($name) . "%' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) > 0) {
	 while($pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query)) {
	   if ($name . $_GET[$parts[0]] === $pageTags['page_name']) {
		 $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page($pageTags['page_name']);
		 WriteCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $getlD);
		 $found = true;
		 break;
   } } }
   if (! $found) {
	  $found = true;
	  $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILEHAME_ARTICLE_INFO);
	  WriteCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $getlD);
   } } else {
	$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAHE_APTICLE_INFO);
   } 

This code is commented out.

If I uncomment this code or If I uncomment this code and put in the header_tags.php in linux server, i had got syntax errors (see screenshot) Untitled-1.png)

and error like this

-------

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DEFAULT in /home/akb.co/www/includes/header_tags.php on line 533

-------

I am a not PHP programer and do not know what is means.

Edited by killwap

Host did said:

------------------

If this file is run to perform the browser and it will be permission the 755 - there is an error. Since the server is prohibited above 755 for security reason.

------------------

This code is commented out.

It sounds like it would work if you set the permissions to 755. If you copy that code into the file for the Linux server it should work. Copy it somewhere between the code for two other pages.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like it would work if you set the permissions to 755. If you copy that code into the file for the Linux server it should work. Copy it somewhere between the code for two other pages.

I did put this code between two last pages

// advanced_search_result.php

and

// article_rss.php

The browser gave an error.

----------

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/avgust/domains/oilshinbat.com.ua/public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 525

----------

Line 525 is:

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_ARTICLES_RSS):

if I remove this code together with the entire code of the last page // article_rss.php, the browser gave an error

----------

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DEFAULT in /home/avgust/domains/oilshinbat.com.ua/public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 525

----------

Line 525 is:

default:

It is below the

// ALL OTHER PAGES NOT DEFINED ABOVE

I did put this code between two last pages

// advanced_search_result.php

and

// article_rss.php

The browser gave an error.

The code works so I can only guess you made a mistake in copying it. But this isn't something I can support here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code works so I can only guess you made a mistake in copying it. But this isn't something I can support here.

In order not to guess on the coffee grounds..., I will be grateful if you give the correct code for the page article_info.php.

I tried in 2 other different Linux servers. On servers where the permission of all in order. But no one did not work with pages like this article_info.php?articles_id=1 and articles.php?tPath=2

When I put in to the browser

http://mydomain.com/includes/header_tags.php

I get an error

Warning: require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSheader_tags.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/euroscom/public_html/oilshinbat/includes/header_tags.php on line 20

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSheader_tags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/euroscom/public_html/oilshinbat/includes/header_tags.php on line 20

How all this Can Fight?

Can anyone help me?

When I put in to the browser

http://mydomain.com/includes/header_tags.php

I get an error

Warning: require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSheader_tags.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/euroscom/public_html/oilshinbat/includes/header_tags.php on line 20

The DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS is saying you are missing a definition. However, that url is not allowed, or shouldn't be on a properly setup account. You should be getting an access denied message. You need to fix your basic shop before this, or any, contribution will work properly. This may get you started in the right direction.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Issue has been resolved!

Everything was much easier

I just

- did overwrite the includes/header_tags.php by the file from the install package;

- and drop all "Pseudo Pages" (it was one) from the table headertags by phpMyAdmin

- Pages Control -> Add Missing Pages

Now everything works fine, even when it is alleged to have been the wrong file permissions

Installed v3.2.8 and all seems to work as the test did not show any missing info. But I need help understanding 'products keywords'. Under FILL TAGS when I check 'select all' categories and then add keywords all 300+ products get filled as I would expect. But if I check just one category and repeat the other steps I still get all 300+ products updated. Should only the products within the selected category get updated (if ask to fill all tags)? I would like to be able to include category specific keywords for each product if possible.

If anyone can advise it would be appreciated.

Nav

Installed v3.2.8 and all seems to work as the test did not show any missing info. But I need help understanding 'products keywords'. Under FILL TAGS when I check 'select all' categories and then add keywords all 300+ products get filled as I would expect. But if I check just one category and repeat the other steps I still get all 300+ products updated. Should only the products within the selected category get updated (if ask to fill all tags)? I would like to be able to include category specific keywords for each product if possible.

That option is only for categories. I will add an option to select products in a category in the next release.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Okay, need some help.

I was given a new site to look at today and it was coded by someone who did not know what they were doing.

It still uses the Header Tags SEO v3.2.5 and the Currently Viewing shows the item title, like it should but the Title of the page is showing a URL. Any suggestions on what the hell is wrong?

I did download the v3.2.5 full install contrib and going line by line but almost everything matches. Making me go crazy.

Oh and there is no backups SMH!

Okay I got the index.php to work properly.

But now the inputted data into index.php within Header Tags SEO in the Administration shows in Product_Info.php, even if I change Product_Info.php fields within the Header Tags SEO Admin section.

Okay I got the index.php to work properly.

But now the inputted data into index.php within Header Tags SEO in the Administration shows in Product_Info.php, even if I change Product_Info.php fields within the Header Tags SEO Admin section.

It sounds like there is an installation problem. All I can suggest is that you upgrade it to the latest version and go from there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like there is an installation problem. All I can suggest is that you upgrade it to the latest version and go from there.

Thanks Jack. Will do the full upgrade on the code and see what happens.

This is why developers should backup! Really wish the old developer had a backup :(