• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Im sorry i meant to say the update install file, thats the one i used.

I just wondering if you have them in a sql file so i could compare the tables, with the php files its a bit hard to see what should be there and what shouldnt,

Im sure its something simple that i have over looked, just confused that no errors are showing.

I did away with that kind of file since it is too difficult to maintain. You can try running the update with the reset option to see if that fixes it. Otherwise, you will need to uninstall/install or edit the database manually.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

ive just uninstalled and re installed the module (deleted the sql and ran the install php) and im still getting the same problem, missing tags in the test.

I did do the fill tags and tried to do index and product pages but the title and tags are still not showing.

What i did notice was im getting a small language error when overriding all the tags in the fill tags page, all 645 products are showing this error wither i use the english check box or all languages check box,

Failed to load page from shop: my site /product_info.php?products_id=2784&language=en

could this help finding what my problem is ?

I also have a mini template on my site, ive looked at the files and i cant see what might interfer with the seo header titles

Thank you for your time on this :-D

Edited by clippers

Hi Jack,

ive just uninstalled and re installed the module (deleted the sql and ran the install php) and im still getting the same problem, missing tags in the test.

I'm confused at this point. I'm not sure why you would go in and delete the sql when there is a script that does that for you and you can be sure it is done correctly. All I can suggest is you restore everything and start over.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry im not explaining myself properly, i did the uninstall.php and i did a reinstall of the SQL install.php, i also have restored everything and started over, checking the files with with winmerge but still getting the problem i mentioned above.

My site is live and on my profile, Im just stumped on what to do next as this is last thing that needed doing.

Sorry im not explaining myself properly, i did the uninstall.php and i did a reinstall of the SQL install.php, i also have restored everything and started over, checking the files with with winmerge but still getting the problem i mentioned above.

My site is live and on my profile, Im just stumped on what to do next as this is last thing that needed doing.

You said, "only shows the default title from page control instead of my product details." It can only show the default title if you have the default title checkbox checked, which I don't recommend. If you have the product checkbox checked, then you need to look in an actual product to see if the title is actually there. If it is and if the check boxes are setup correctly, then the problem is on the shop side. In that case, replaces your product_info.php file with the included one as a quick test to see if it works with that file. If not, then replace teh template_top file to see if that is the cause.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I failed to find the answer here so hope you can help me.

My client's website has Header Tags SEO V 3.2.6 installed and inner pages have such structure of meta tags:

proper meta tag - meta tag of the main page

How can I prevent your addon to adding main page meta tags to meta tags on inner pages.

I mean right now I have: <title>Inner Page Title - Main Page Title</title>

And I would like to have: <title>Inner Page Title</title>

Hope you can help me.

Hi, I failed to find the answer here so hope you can help me.

My client's website has Header Tags SEO V 3.2.6 installed and inner pages have such structure of meta tags:

proper meta tag - meta tag of the main page

How can I prevent your addon to adding main page meta tags to meta tags on inner pages.

I mean right now I have: <title>Inner Page Title - Main Page Title</title>

And I would like to have: <title>Inner Page Title</title>

Hope you can help me.

It sounds like you have the root check box checked in page control.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, you are right. And now everything is find, thanks a lot!

BTW, as I understand you addon allows to place content on categories, right? I found "Header Tags Categories Description" in admin panel and I tried to place the necessary texts there, but nothing happened. Categories do have texts, but I failed to find how to change it. Template has such code for those texts:

<?php echo $catArr['categories_desc']; ?>

Does that code have some attitude to your addon?

BTW, as I understand you addon allows to place content on categories, right? I found "Header Tags Categories Description" in admin panel and I tried to place the necessary texts there, but nothing happened. Categories do have texts, but I failed to find how to change it. Template has such code for those texts:

<?php echo $catArr['categories_desc']; ?>

Does that code have some attitude to your addon?

No, that doesn't have anything to do with this contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I got it, thanks.

Can you suggest me someone who can fix my problem with texts on categories? Or can you help me with that?

There's a box in the categories edit page where you can enter the description (the large one at the bottom). If that text is showing up in admin, then the problem is most likley on the shop side. You could try uploading the included index.php file. If it displays the categories correctly, then you've made a mistake in the edits of that file. If not, I don't know what it might be.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The text is shown up in admin, but the category displays another text.

According to index.php, the text is shown with a help of <?php echo $catArr['categories_desc']; ?>

Can you please let me know the code that is used in your addon to show the category text? I will try to replace <?php echo $catArr['categories_desc']; ?> with your code and see what happens.

Can you please let me know the code that is used in your addon to show the category text? I will try to replace <?php echo $catArr['categories_desc']; ?> with your code and see what happens.

It's in the included file. You can use a compare program, like WinMerge, to find the diffrences.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I've updated this contrib and everything works fine except the Header Tags SEO Keywords section. When I click on the "get position" button of any keyword I always get a "0 / Not Found" message, even if I can manually find the results on the first few pages of Google Search. I've tried to increase the "pages" number and added the web address with and without the"www" with no luck. Any clue on what can I do to test what's wrong?

Hello Jack,

I've updated this contrib and everything works fine except the Header Tags SEO Keywords section. When I click on the "get position" button of any keyword I always get a "0 / Not Found" message, even if I can manually find the results on the first few pages of Google Search. I've tried to increase the "pages" number and added the web address with and without the"www" with no luck. Any clue on what can I do to test what's wrong?

I just tried it and it isn't working for me either. I used it just the other day and it was so it might be that google has changed something, though I thought I had the code fixed where that wouldn't be a problem. I'll look at it when I get a chance.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I started to take a look at this but when I tested the placement today, it worked. So it must have been something going on at google that was stopping the search from working, though I can't imagine what they might have been.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

when i run the fill tags i keep getting the following error how do i fix it

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

update products_description set products_head_title_tag=xxxxx, products_head_desc_tag = 'xxxxx', products_head_keywords_tag = 'xxxx' where products_id = '143380' and language_id='1'

[TEP STOP]

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '58868e1462c20c6a0c85cb24782ec812'

TEP STOP]

thanks

lenard

when i run the fill tags i keep getting the following error how do i fix it

update products_description set products_head_title_tag=xxxxx, products_head_desc_tag = 'xxxxx', products_head_keywords_tag = 'xxxx' where products_id = '143380' and language_id='1'

When that happens with Fill Tags, it is usually because there are too many products for the script to handle in the amount of time the server allows. If that is the case, then you need to use the sleep and item count options on that page to load in pieces at a time. You'll have to play around with the numbers since it will vary with the server but I would start at 1,000.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I have just installed Header Tags Seo and it all looks to be working fine but I have noticed that the title for each page is showing at the very top of each page is this normal? or can you tell me what may be wrong.

Thanks

John

Hi,

Had the same problem with the

<title>new shop test</title>

appearing above the header(outside of the shop container) and pushing the header down I think the problem is caused by this code in includes/header.php

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_PAGE_TOP_TITLE == 'true') {

?>

<div style="text-align:center; color:#aaa; font-size:10px;"><?php echo $header_tags_array['title']; ?></div>

<?php

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

It was mentioned a few pages back that this code (in red) is not necessary so I removed and as far as I have tested up until now everything seems to be working perfectly.

Maybe Jack could take a look and confirm!

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Hi,

Had the same problem with the

appearing above the header(outside of the shop container) and pushing the header down I think the problem is caused by this code in includes/header.php

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_PAGE_TOP_TITLE == 'true') {

?>

<div style="text-align:center; color:#aaa; font-size:10px;"><?php echo $header_tags_array['title']; ?></div>

<?php

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

It was mentioned a few pages back that this code (in red) is not necessary so I removed and as far as I have tested up until now everything seems to be working perfectly.

Maybe Jack could take a look and confirm!

To clarify, I didn't say to remove that code. It was the surrounidng code I was referring to. By removing that line, you are preventing that option from working. That option displays the keyword for the page at the very top. If you don't want to use it, you should turn the page top option off in the settings. The code is just general code and may not appear correctly in all shops. If your design allows it to blend in, you won't see much difference. But it has a header that contains a background image or color, it may not look right. In that case, the code needs to be edited to blend in. Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

To clarify, I didn't say to remove that code. It was the surrounidng code I was referring to. By removing that line, you are preventing that option from working. That option displays the keyword for the page at the very top. If you don't want to use it, you should turn the page top option off in the settings. The code is just general code and may not appear correctly in all shops. If your design allows it to blend in, you won't see much difference. But it has a header that contains a background image or color, it may not look right. In that case, the code needs to be edited to blend in.

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. Yes I had a background image so just changed the colour as you suggested to blend in and put the code back in.

Funny thing is with or without the code

I when I view page source I still have the

even when I clear the browser cache. I can also update the page from admin so for some reason it does not prevent the option from working??

Very happy with the new header tags not complaining just wondering.

Thanks John

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.