• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I got it to run fill tags, and worked!

index.php still shows "Replace me in Page Control".

Product_info.php seems to work fine...

but I still don't see any files in the control panel list.

In TEST I get this:

Test Results
Missing File Error:  explain
Cannot find file /SA.adm/header_tags_seo.php.
Cannot find file /SA.adm/header_tags_fill_tags.php.
Cannot find file /SA.adm/includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt.
Cannot find file /SA.adm/includes/functions/header_tags.php.
Cannot find file /SA.adm/includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php.
Cannot find file /SA.adm/includes/languages/espanol/header_tags_seo.php.
Cannot find file /includes/header_tags.php.
Cannot find file /includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php.
Cannot find file /includes/functions/header_tags.php.
Cannot find file /includes/boxes/header_tags.php.
Cannot find file /includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php.

The above are saying none of the files can be found. If Header Tags is working, then you have something wrong with your configure file. If not, you have made a mistake with the installation.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The above are saying none of the files can be found. If Header Tags is working, then you have something wrong with your configure file. If not, you have made a mistake with the installation.

The configure file was the problem... I had to add "../" to the addresses...

Thanks!

Edited by Neko Maksaev

Jack,

With the Tag Cloud on my pre 2.3 shop, most of the time the text is all the same size.. and randomly (rarely) it decides to show text of varying sizes (the cool part)

The stylesheets are both uploaded properly. Any thoughts?

-Dave

Jack,

With the Tag Cloud on my pre 2.3 shop, most of the time the text is all the same size.. and randomly (rarely) it decides to show text of varying sizes (the cool part)

The stylesheets are both uploaded properly. Any thoughts?

The size is determined by the number of searches done. So pick a keyword and do a larger number of searches on it than the others and you should see it change. If it doesn't, check the keywords in admin and see if the search count is incrementing correctly. If it is, then it has to be in the stylesheet files. If you are using a template, the default stylesheet may not be used.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, re the tagcloud; we discussed how you have the code set up so a keyword in the cloud links to a specific product. What will happen if that particular product is no longer available?

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

The size is determined by the number of searches done. So pick a keyword and do a larger number of searches on it than the others and you should see it change. If it doesn't, check the keywords in admin and see if the search count is incrementing correctly. If it is, then it has to be in the stylesheet files. If you are using a template, the default stylesheet may not be used.

no templates, keywords incrementing... the modules working great.

Hrrmmmphh... tested further... the text sizing works perfectly in firefox and chrome... does not work for me in IE9.... anyone else?

-Dave

Jack, re the tagcloud; we discussed how you have the code set up so a keyword in the cloud links to a specific product. What will happen if that particular product is no longer available?

The link in the tag cloud would be invalid. You can delete the word from the tag cloud list in the keywords section of Header Tags but I will add the code to make that automatic in the next version. Thanks for mentioning it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

no templates, keywords incrementing... the modules working great.

Hrrmmmphh... tested further... the text sizing works perfectly in firefox and chrome... does not work for me in IE9.... anyone else?

I don't use IE 9 but it works fine in IE 8. So it might be a coding problem that is causing IE 9 to fail but since I don't have it to test width, I can't offer any help on it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The link in the tag cloud would be invalid. You can delete the word from the tag cloud list in the keywords section of Header Tags but I will add the code to make that automatic in the next version. Thanks for mentioning it.

OK on that and thank you.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Hi guys,

i'm having the following problem:

Warning: call_user_func(header_tags_reset_cache) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/a8666449/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

my installation is oscommerce v.2.2, for a more detailed error see:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5953/seotags.jpg

My website is: http://www.softguard.tm.ro/

Please help me, i've searched evrywhere, but didn't find a good sollution to this error

I also can't find admin->Header Tags SEO->Fill Tags and admin->Header Tags SEO->Page Controlmentioned in How_to_operate.txt, i'm assuming that this is because of the above error, right?

NOTE: I followed the installation instructions to the letter....

Warning: call_user_func(header_tags_reset_cache) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/a8666449/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

The problem has been addressed before. You should always use google to search for problems.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The H1 tag is giving me product names and prices which are sometimes to big, for my lay-out. Especially with products on special, the lay-out is not the way I want it.

I am using oscommerce version RC2A and STS contrib installed.

In CSS one can make changes to the H1 tag like font size etc.

Anyone where or how can I make changes to get this work with HEADER TAGS SEO (this) contrib?

Also would it change my rating in search bots?

Thanks for helping out.

The H1 tag is giving me product names and prices which are sometimes to big, for my lay-out. Especially with products on special, the lay-out is not the way I want it.

I am using oscommerce version RC2A and STS contrib installed.

In CSS one can make changes to the H1 tag like font size etc.

Anyone where or how can I make changes to get this work with HEADER TAGS SEO (this) contrib?

Also would it change my rating in search bots?

Thanks for helping out.

I changed the style sheet catalog/headertags_seo_styles.css

h1 {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 20px;
font-weight: bold;
margin-bottom: 0;
padding-bottom: 0;
color: #9a9a9a;

Into font-size: 12 but nothing seams to change.

I changed the style sheet catalog/headertags_seo_styles.css

h1 {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 20px;
font-weight: bold;
margin-bottom: 0;
padding-bottom: 0;
color: #9a9a9a;

Into font-size: 12 but nothing seams to change.

Mmmm I made a mistake, It didn't seemed to find the stylesheet at all.

In the instructions i found:

In stylesheet.css, add the following to the very first line:

@@import url("headertags_seo_styles.css");

This was a bit confusing for me, since I am using STS, so my stylesheet would be in catalog/inludes/sts_templates/mytemplate/style.css

So I put the above line in the stylesheet of my template (catalog/includes/sts_templates/mytemplate/style.css

I also changed @@import url("headertags_seo_styles.css");

in @@import url("catalog/headertags_seo_styles.css");

Since the headertags style sheet is not in the same directory, this didn't work.

But when I put the headertags_seo_styles.css in the directory of my template it does work.

Only thing is, to remember I put it there, I rather go for my first solution to leave it in the catalog directory, and change the line @@import url("headertags_seo_styles.css"); to something that says catalog/

Jack, I am finding that on this page: "http://www.myshop.com/myadmin/header_tags_seo_keywords.php"

When I try to update something by clicking the red text in the column title, such as Del, nothing happens. The page refreshes but the delete action does not occur. Same thing for the red Search Site text.

I think this was working in the previous version.

Ideas?

Thanks

Jack, I am finding that on this page: "http://www.myshop.com/myadmin/header_tags_seo_keywords.php"

When I try to update something by clicking the red text in the column title, such as Del, nothing happens. The page refreshes but the delete action does not occur. Same thing for the red Search Site text.

I'm using the latest version here and it works for me. Just to check the obvious , do you have a checkbox checked for at least one item before clicking the red item?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm using the latest version here and it works for me. Just to check the obvious , do you have a checkbox checked for at least one item before clicking the red item?

Affirmative on that. I'll give this some thought, and do a reinstall of the latest version and see what I come up with. Maybe roll back to the previous version just to check.

I'll get back you on that then.

Thanks

Ideas?

Thanks

I have same scenario on pre 2.3 install

-Dave

Jack, I tried rolling back to the earlier version and still have the issue with the update not occurring. I was looking at the javascript reference to see if there was anything there, but I don't know enough about it to say for sure.

Coincidental or not, but I recall after the update, when running site monitor I got the database change notice in both the 2.2 and 2.3.1 shops.

So again, from what I see on the screen, after the click action, it appears the JS runs, the screen reloaded..but no change.

Thanks

Jack, I tried rolling back to the earlier version and still have the issue with the update not occurring. I was looking at the javascript reference to see if there was anything there, but I don't know enough about it to say for sure.

Coincidental or not, but I recall after the update, when running site monitor I got the database change notice in both the 2.2 and 2.3.1 shops.

So again, from what I see on the screen, after the click action, it appears the JS runs, the screen reloaded..but no change.

Thanks

If it worked before and doesn't work now then it must be something related to your shop. Perhaps your server did a php update and there is a compatibility problem now? Does the failure occur in both the 2.2 and 2.3 shops? Does it fail in IE and FF or just one?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If it worked before and doesn't work now then it must be something related to your shop. Perhaps your server did a php update and there is a compatibility problem now? Does the failure occur in both the 2.2 and 2.3 shops? Does it fail in IE and FF or just one?

Tested in Firefox, chrome and IE..same thing occurs in each. This is occurring in both 2.2 and 2.3.1 version shops.

The js pop up windows work that you have set up in red (help) on the fill tags page, fyi on that.

When the /header_tags_seo_keywords.php first was available, it did work. I recall testing words and removing them. As well the search site worked.

I am trying to think of something else I did to the shops that would have cause this. The 2.3.1 shops got a lot of work from me lately, but the 2.2 shop none

Just to make sure I understand, the js actions deletes from the database in one case and updates and links the PID in the other case?

Is there anything I can test to help narrow down the cause?

Thanks

Just to make sure I understand, the js actions deletes from the database in one case and updates and links the PID in the other case?

Is there anything I can test to help narrow down the cause?

Yes, that is how they work. I can't think of any reason why they would stop working. I don't recall if you mentioned it but if you select a checkbox and click delete does the page reload? Does the sorting work?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, that is how they work. I can't think of any reason why they would stop working. I don't recall if you mentioned it but if you select a checkbox and click delete does the page reload? Does the sorting work?

Affirmative on both.

For example in the "Del" column if I check a particular phrase and click Del, there is some action that cause the page to reload, but the phrase does not delete.

The sorting works when the a radio button is selected.

Just FYI, after a sort and then an a Del attempt, after the reload the sort order returns to the original I noticed. I presume that's how it should work. No delete though

Thanks

Affirmative on both.

For example in the "Del" column if I check a particular phrase and click Del, there is some action that cause the page to reload, but the phrase does not delete.

The sorting works when the a radio button is selected.

Just FYI, after a sort and then an a Del attempt, after the reload the sort order returns to the original I noticed. I presume that's how it should work. No delete though

Thanks

Hmm, that's strange. The sort and delete checking code uses the same type of code. Makes no sense to me why one would work and one wouldn't. I can't think of anything else to suggest.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons