osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

hello,

i get some error after install admin when i run test

case is: when i tried to click "catalog" menu in backend

there is error with some message like:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 369

could someone to help me, please ^_^

thanks

It means you made a mistake with the edits of the admin/categories.php file. There is a completed in the package that you can use to compare against to find teh problem. Or, you can start over with the changes for that file and check after each change.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You said your problem was

And I said

Until you check that, I can't offer any other advice.

Hi Jack,

I have checked the Index file and it looks normal, i have also gone through all the files to check the start and finish charachters are in place and they seem ok. I don't know about code so wouldn't know about any abnomolies within the start and finish codes.

Hi Jack,

I have checked the Index file and it looks normal, i have also gone through all the files to check the start and finish charachters are in place and they seem ok. I don't know about code so wouldn't know about any abnomolies within the start and finish codes.

The error
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/application_top.php:1)
is referring to the includes/application_top.php file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

all is done, jack. thanks

by the way, i have some question. why after i finished to install admin and i want to update product in "Products Description:" my FCKeditor lost all function

please help me ^_^

thanks

Ok I am not getting anywhere with this. I have a template (yes I now know that they don’t work well with contributions) and I wanted to get some SEO onto it so I downloaded this contribution, printed off the instructions and followed them word for word. To cut a long story short it didn’t work so I reversed and uninstalled the contribution, and copied over the files that were amended with clean files and removed the files that were added. Sounds simple for a non techy person.

RESULT: www.pm-fabrics.co.uk/ will not work now, my backups were wiped out and the site shows the following errors:

Front Page at the very top Says:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path_to/catalog/includes/filenames.php:1) in /path_to/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 1251

Product Pages say:

Workroom Accessories

Displaying 1 to 6 (of 54 products)

Result Pages:  [b]1[/b]  [url="http://www.pm-fabrics.co.uk/index.php?cPath=17&sort=2a&page=2"]2[/url]  [url="http://www.pm-fabrics.co.uk/index.php?cPath=17&sort=2a&page=3"]3[/url]  [url="http://www.pm-fabrics.co.uk/index.php?cPath=17&sort=2a&page=4"]4[/url]  [url="http://www.pm-fabrics.co.uk/index.php?cPath=17&sort=2a&page=5"]5[/url] [url="http://www.pm-fabrics.co.uk/index.php?cPath=17&sort=2a&page=6"]...[/url]  [url="http://www.pm-fabrics.co.uk/index.php?cPath=17&sort=2a&page=2"][ Next >> ][/url]

1054 - Unknown column 'products_head_listing_text' in 'field list'

select products_head_listing_text, products_description from products_description where products_id = 185 and language_id = 1

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path_to/catalog/includes/filenames.php:1) in /path_to/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 1251

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path_to/catalog/includes/filenames.php:1) in /path_to/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 45

Also there are No pictures of products showing on my site now.

All I want is my beloved site back so that I can carry on working on it and hopefully get it optimised by some other means. At this point I will point out that I am a bit of a novice with code but I know enough to back up my files and not touch anything in the middle that I don’t know about. With this said I would have expected the site to have gone back to its original state by copying clean files over it. It didn't.

I have tried cleaning the white space (any spaces after the ?>) and some of the error messages have changed. I have also tried replacing the files where its says the error is and its still the same.

I have tried asking for help and Jack has responded with:

The error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path_to/catalog/includes/application_top.php:1)

Thanks for the response Jack but as I have already explained the code doesn’t mean anything to me and having tried to copy over these pages with clean ones it still hasn't done anything.

What I want is my site back. Is there anybody out there that can help me with this as it is really getting frustrating now. I am not technical in any way but if people want me to copy code, supply files, or answer questions I will be only too happy to do so. I have put a lot of work into this so far and don’t want to lose it.

Edited by Jan Zonjee

all is done, jack. thanks

by the way, i have some question. why after i finished to install admin and i want to update product in "Products Description:" my FCKeditor lost all function

please help me ^_^

thanks

You have to enable the editor in the Header Tags settings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/filenames.php:1) in /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 1251

I have tried cleaning the white space (any spaces after the ?>) and some of the error messages have changed. I have also tried replacing the files where its says the error is and its still the same.

I have tried asking for help and Jack has responded with:

The error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/application_top.php:1)

Thanks for the response Jack but as I have already explained the code doesn’t mean anything to me and having tried to copy over these pages with clean ones it still hasn't done anything.

What I want is my site back. Is there anybody out there that can help me with this as it is really getting frustrating now. I am not technical in any way but if people want me to copy code, supply files, or answer questions I will be only too happy to do so. I have put a lot of work into this so far and don’t want to lose it.

First, understand that what I am about to say is a guess. Without actually seeing the files, I can't be sure but this is my best guess based on what you've said.

For any php file, each line has unseen code in it to indicate it is the end of the line. There different formats for this code. If all things are setup and working as it should, you can download a file from your server, make a small edit, upload it and everything will work. In your case, the format is being changed so that when you do that, instead of the looking like this

<?php
line 1
line2

it loks like this

<?php Line1 Line 2

In other words, all of it is on one line. This has nothing to do with this contribution and is why your backup won't work. If you look at the above error, at /homepages/14/d399550539/htdocs/osc/catalog/includes/filenames.php:1), it is saying the includes/filenames.php file is failing at line 1. If the code is being changed as I just exaplined, it only has one line, which is what the :1 means (line 1). To fix it, you have to convert the file back to multiple lines and convert the code. This isn't something that belongs in this thread nor is it something, most likely, anyone can help you with anywhere here since it is so specific to your site. If you can't figure it out, you could ask your host if they have a backup they can restore. If not, you will need to pay someone to fix it for you. It's a bad situation but one that is caused by your setup, not with this contributions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello jack, all is done.

i get some error in product, in BOLD mark. what that, jack

thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>

Meta Tag Information

Product Title Tag:

Product Description Tag:

Product Keywords Tag:

TEXT_PRODUCTS_LISTING_TEXT

TEXT_PRODUCTS_SUB_TEXT

i get some error in product, in BOLD mark. what that, jack

TEXT_PRODUCTS_LISTING_TEXT

TEXT_PRODUCTS_SUB_TEXT

It means you've missed some change in the installation process.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It appears to be due to a coding mistake. Please try the following. I only did a quick test so it needs to be tested further but I think it is correct. In includes/functions/header_tags.php, find and remove

else if (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']))
$type = 'man';

and then find

if ($type == 'man' && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_manufacturer']))

and replace with

if ( $type == 'top' && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_manufacturer']))

Jack, the latest version was not showing the manufacturers again in the meta, so I used the code to what you provided earlier. That fixed it. Just FYI

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Jack, the latest version was not showing the manufacturers again in the meta, so I used the code to what you provided earlier. That fixed it. Just FYI

The latest version was uploaded before that fix was posted. It will be in the next version. Thanks for posting it again though in case anyone missed it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The latest version was uploaded before that fix was posted. It will be in the next version. Thanks for posting it again though in case anyone missed it.

OK, thanks for the support on this.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Without seeing more I can only guess but that typically happens when the server is used as a place for backups and the ode in Header Tags is getting confusd by files that seem legitimate but really aren't. In this case, it is a little different since it is saying it can't find the public_html directory and that sounds like a configure file problem.

You were indeed correct, it was a config file problem. All solved now.

Thanks again Jack.

Hi Jack,

I've been using your header tags on my site successfully for about 2 years, and I've been upgraded everything up to v3.2.6.

I just noticed a glitch that's popped up whereby when I added several products at a time, one by one, 1 or 2 items will have the title/meta/keywords of another random product in my database.

I have about 400 products now and my database is about 2 MB uncompressed. I installed and ran your Database Optimizer, but it didn't seem to fix this problem.

The only way to fix this glitch with new items is to delete then re-add the item, and usually that works.

I didn't find any other instance of this problem in this thread recently, though I may have overlooked it. Do you know if this was a known bug or potential bug in versions 3.2.6 or earlier?

I wasn't planning on upgrading to 3.2.8 immediately as the previous version seemed to work OK and this is a big upgrade, but I'd love to know if I'm the only one with this problem or

if it's occurred before. Would 3.2.8 address this issue or do you think I might have a bigger problem with my database?

Thanks!

Hi Jack,

I've been using your header tags on my site successfully for about 2 years, and I've been upgraded everything up to v3.2.6.

I just noticed a glitch that's popped up whereby when I added several products at a time, one by one, 1 or 2 items will have the title/meta/keywords of another random product in my database.

Try using the included categories file to see if the problem is still there. If not, then that file has a problem, which is the most likely.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try using the included categories file to see if the problem is still there. If not, then that file has a problem, which is the most likely.

Are you referring to admin/categories.php that's included with the compressed Header Tags SEO v3.2.6 package?

That file may have been corrupted along the way as there have been edits to it with other add-ons.

Thanks for the help

Are you referring to admin/categories.php that's included with the compressed Header Tags SEO v3.2.6 package?

That file may have been corrupted along the way as there have been edits to it with other add-ons.

Thanks for the help

Yes, that is the one. i don't mean to use it as a permanent replacement. Just replace yours with it and run a test.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, that is the one. i don't mean to use it as a permanent replacement. Just replace yours with it and run a test.

Hi Jack,

Sorry to bug you again about this, but for my problem, what result would I be hoping for in this sort of test? Would it fix the title/meta/keywords tags of products that have already been created but are acting strangely, or would this apply to new products that are created after a standard admin/categories.php has been uploaded?

I ask because I did temporarily replace admin/categories.php (mine had been heavily modified with spooks' simple multi- images, short descriptions, and optional related products), but there's no difference with products that are already in my shop.

Sorry to bug you again about this, but for my problem, what result would I be hoping for in this sort of test?

You said the problem was that there was a problem when adding a product so the test is to add a product and see if the problem still exists or not.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry if this was asked already, buy I've spent more than an hour finding a solution without luck.

I've Installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_328 successfully in my local server, everything seems fine except that I can't see any files in the control panel.

I'm currently running in my local server. the store is running RC2 and language is espanol.

Im also getting this error, Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 236 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 19 items with missing meta tag information.Manufacturers table has 21 items with missing meta tag information.

I've run fill tags, and nothing happens.

Jack, I got this error;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DNUMBER in _________public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 874;

Here is what is there currently:

// checkout.bak.2.3.2012.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_CHECKOUT.BAK.2.3.2012):

if (! ReadCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $language, '')) {

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_CHECKOUT.BAK.2.3.2012);

WriteCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $language, '');

}

break;

// checkout-02-21-2012.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_CHECKOUT-02-21-2012):

if (! ReadCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $language, '')) {

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_CHECKOUT-02-21-2012);

WriteCacheHeaderTags($header_tags_array, basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $language, '');

}

break;

// sitemap.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_SITEMAP_SEO);

}

break;

// print_order2.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_ORDERS_PRINTABLE2):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_ORDERS_PRINTABLE2);

}

break;

// mobile_index.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_MOBILE_INDEX):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_MOBILE_INDEX);

}

break;

// mobile_account_password.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_MOBILE_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD);

}

break;

// mobile_logoff.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_MOBILE_LOGOFF):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_MOBILE_LOGOFF);

}

break;

// mobile_catalogue.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_MOBILE_CATALOGUE):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_MOBILE_CATALOGUE);

}

break;

// mobile_checkout_payment_address.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_MOBILE_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_MOBILE_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS);

}

break;

// savingshubbundles.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_SAVINGSHUBBUNDLES):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_SAVINGSHUBBUNDLES);

}

break;

// newsletters_unsubscribe.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_UNSUBSCRIBE):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS_UNSUBSCRIBE);

}

break;

// mobile_about.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_MOBILE_ABOUT):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_MOBILE_ABOUT);

}

break;

// mobile_contact_us.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_MOBILE_CONTACT_US):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_MOBILE_CONTACT_US);

}

break;

// mobile_product_reviews_write.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_MOBILE_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_MOBILE_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE);

}

break;

// mobile_password_forgotten.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_MOBILE_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_MOBILE_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN);

}

break;

// mobile_product_thumb.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_MOBILE_PRODUCT_THUMB):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_MOBILE_PRODUCT_THUMB);

}

break;

// overnight.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_OVERNIGHT):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_OVERNIGHT);

}

break;

// ALL OTHER PAGES NOT DEFINED ABOVE

default:

$header_tags_array['title'] = tep_db_prepare_input($defaultTags['default_title']);

$header_tags_array['desc'] = tep_db_prepare_input($defaultTags['default_description']);

$header_tags_array['keywords'] = tep_db_prepare_input($defaultTags['default_keywords']);

break;

}

echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET . '" >'."\n";

echo ' <title>' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '</title>' . "\n";

echo ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $header_tags_array['desc'] . '" >' . "\n";

echo ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $header_tags_array['keywords'] . '" >' . "\n";

if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) { $langName = explode(",", $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]); echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="' . $langName[0] . '" >'."\n"; }

if ($defaultTags['meta_google']) echo ' <meta name="googlebot" content="all" >' . "\n";

if ($defaultTags['meta_noodp']) echo ' <meta name="robots" content="noodp" >' . "\n";

if ($defaultTags['meta_noydir']) echo ' <meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >' . "\n";

if ($defaultTags['meta_revisit']) echo ' <meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" >' . "\n";

if ($defaultTags['meta_robots']) echo ' <meta name="robots" content="index, follow" >' . "\n";

if ($defaultTags['meta_unspam']) echo ' <meta name="no-email-collection" value="' . HTTP_SERVER . '" >' . "\n";

if ($defaultTags['meta_replyto']) echo ' <meta name="Reply-to" content="' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '">' . "\n";

if ($defaultTags['meta_canonical']) echo (tep_not_null($canonical_url) ? ' <link rel="canonical" href="'.$canonical_url.'" >'. "\n" : ' <link rel="canonical" href="'.GetCanonicalURL().'" >'. "\n");

echo '<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->' . "\n";

?>

There is an error on every "case" line... any clue?

Im also getting this error, Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 236 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 19 items with missing meta tag information.Manufacturers table has 21 items with missing meta tag information.

I've run fill tags, and nothing happens.

If nothing happens (the page doesn't even update), then there is a problem with your server. You might want to try running the test script.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, I got this error;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DNUMBER in _________public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 874;

Here is what is there currently:

// checkout.bak.2.3.2012.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_CHECKOUT.BAK.2.3.2012):

There is an error on every "case" line... any clue?

This, FILENAME_CHECKOUT.BAK.2.3.2012), is what happens when the server is used for storage. Since that file doesn't actually exist, it is causing a failure. I suggest you clean all unnecessary files from your root directory, replace the includes/header_tags.php file and you should be OK.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If nothing happens (the page doesn't even update), then there is a problem with your server. You might want to try running the test script.

I got it to run fill tags, and worked!

index.php still shows "Replace me in Page Control".

Product_info.php seems to work fine...

but I still don't see any files in the control panel list.

In TEST I get this:

Test Results
Missing File Error:  explain
Cannot find file /SA.adm/header_tags_seo.php.
Cannot find file /SA.adm/header_tags_fill_tags.php.
Cannot find file /SA.adm/includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt.
Cannot find file /SA.adm/includes/functions/header_tags.php.
Cannot find file /SA.adm/includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php.
Cannot find file /SA.adm/includes/languages/espanol/header_tags_seo.php.
Cannot find file /includes/header_tags.php.
Cannot find file /includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php.
Cannot find file /includes/functions/header_tags.php.
Cannot find file /includes/boxes/header_tags.php.
Cannot find file /includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php.

Database/File Mismatch Error:  explain
The number of file entries in the database (6) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (0).
Files not in the includes/header_tags.php file:
 index.php
 product_info.php
 product_reviews.php
 product_reviews_info.php
 product_reviews_write.php
 specials.php

Edited by Neko Maksaev