• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Jack I am working on the concept you mentioned here and am finding that with search keywords enabled, configuration>header tags seo>search keywords = true

that on the shop side, when running a search i get this error on the search results page

1146 - Table 'mydatabase_name.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SEARCH' doesn't exist

When keywords search is disabled, the error disappears.

Yet another mistake in the update file. Add this line to your includes/database_tables.php file

define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SEARCH', 'headertags_search');

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yet another mistake in the update file. Add this line to your includes/database_tables.php file

define('TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SEARCH', 'headertags_search');

Edited...uploaded and Voila!!

Thank you!

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Jack,

I just upgraded to the latest version but I had previously been using a version you installed which included some not yet fully functional elements. As a result, some of the upgrade instructions applied and some did not so I may very well have made a mistake somewhere.

In any case though, the upgrade has broken the search function in the store. Any search (in this example, a search for "marvel") produces this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'found' in 'field list'

update headertags_keywords set counter = counter+1, last_search = now(), found = 1 WHERE keyword = 'marvel'

[TEP STOP]

Do you know where I might have gone wrong?

Thank You,

Dan Wallace

Impulse creations

www.impulsecreations.com

1054 - Unknown column 'found' in 'field list'

update headertags_keywords set counter = counter+1, last_search = now(), found = 1 WHERE keyword = 'marvel'

[TEP STOP]

Do you know where I might have gone wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong. You're using a non-released version so the table is different. The best way to fix that is to delete the headertags_keywords table from the database and then run the update mysql file this way:
Be sure yo insert your domain name. I didn't include it here since it would show on google and people might click on it. To avoid that in general, be sure to delete the update file once you are done with it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You didn't do anything wrong. You're using a non-released version so the table is different. The best way to fix that is to delete the headertags_keywords table from the database and then run the update mysql file this way:

Be sure yo insert your domain name. I didn't include it here since it would show on google and people might click on it. To avoid that in general, be sure to delete the update file once you are done with it.

Thanks, Jack!

That fixed that issue but now I'm getting a different search error:

1054 - Unknown column 'pov.products_options_values_name' in 'where clause'

select count(distinct p.products_id) as total from ((products p) left join manufacturers m using(manufacturers_id), products_description pd) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_listing_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and ((((pd.products_name like '%marvel%' or p.products_model like '%marvel%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%marvel%' )) or ( pov.products_options_values_name like '%marvel%' )) )

Could this one be something I messed up?

Dan Wallace

Impulse Creations

www.impulsecreations.com

Thanks, Jack!

That fixed that issue but now I'm getting a different search error:

1054 - Unknown column 'pov.products_options_values_name' in 'where clause'

Could this one be something I messed up?

Yes, that's not a change by Header Tags. Most likely you overwrote the missing variable when making the edits. you should compare your backup file with the new one. it will be in a line that has to do with the database, like tep_db_query...

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Obviously I missed something but this seems to be where the reference to "pov.products_options_values_name" is coming from:

FIND:

$from_str = "from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id";

ADD BENEATH:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if (HEADER_TAGS_SEARCH_KEYWORDS == 'true') {

$from_str .= " left join " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS_SEARCH . " hts on p.products_id = hts.product_id ";

}

/*** END Header Tags SEO ***/

FIND:

$where_str .= "(pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or p.products_model like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%'";

REPLACE WITH:

$where_str .= "(((pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or p.products_model like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or hts.keyword like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' )";

} else {

$where_str .= "(((pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or p.products_model like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' )) or ( pov.products_options_values_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' )";

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

Did I miss some code elsewhere that's supposed to allow this function to work?

Thank You,

Dan Wallace

Impulse Creations

www.impulsecreations.com

Obviously I missed something but this seems to be where the reference to "pov.products_options_values_name" is coming from:

Did I miss some code elsewhere that's supposed to allow this function to work?

The pov.products_options_values_name variable is from one of the attributes contributions. You have to search your backup file to for that name and then compare it to the changed file to see where the mistake is. By the way, that last step should be:
FIND:
	  $where_str .= "(pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or p.products_model like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%'";
ADD BENEATH:
	    $where_str .= " or hts.keyword like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%'";
	  } 
	  /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks, Jack. I still must be missing something though since I don't use attributes and my backup of advanced_search_result.php had no reference to "pov.products_options_values_name". the instructions for the latest version of Header Tags SEO said to replace a piece of code that did not include pov.products_options_values_name with a new piece of code that does include that bit.

Anyway, I just removed "or ( pov.products_options_values_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' )" from the code above and everything looks good now.

Hopefully, this will help if anyone else should run into this issue.

Dan

Impulse Creations

www.impulsecreations.com

Anyway, I just removed "or ( pov.products_options_values_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' )" from the code above and everything looks good now.

Hopefully, this will help if anyone else should run into this issue.

Yes, still another mistake. I obviously enjoyed New Years a little too much. :) I do aplogize to everyone for the problems the sloppy instructions caused. I think those have all been corrected now and so I uploaded a new version that should work without the needed corrections. It is not necessary to upgrade to it, though there were a few small fixes added so it might be a good idea for anyone with 3.2.7 installed to upload all of the files in the catalog directory.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey guys! Thank you Jack for your updates.

I have not installed this update, however; if I was to update, would my current SEO on the products disappear? or clean out? How should i go about doing this so nothing gets erased on my products end.

Thanks again.

Hey guys! Thank you Jack for your updates.

I have not installed this update, however; if I was to update, would my current SEO on the products disappear? or clean out? How should i go about doing this so nothing gets erased on my products end.

Thanks again.

If you are upgrading to 3.2.7, which you have to do prior to upgrading to 3.2.8, you should use the update sql file, as explained in the instructions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@Jack_mcs I dont know if you got my question... would that delete my current seo?

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "current SEO." If you are referring to your titles and meta tags, those are stored in the database, which is why I said to use the update file. On any change you make, you should always backup first though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello!

When I updated for keywords advanced search reults.php and tested search I got this result:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select count(distinct p.products_id) as total from products p left join manufacturers m using(manufacturers_id) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join headertags_search hts on p.products_id = hts.product_id , products_description pd, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and ((((pd.products_name like '%iekšdurvis%' or p.products_model like '%iekšdurvis%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%iekšdurvis%' or hts.keyword like '%iekšdurvis%' ) or pd.products_description like '%iekšdurvis%') )

[TEP STOP]

How I should fix that?

Thanks!

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "current SEO." If you are referring to your titles and meta tags, those are stored in the database, which is why I said to use the update file. On any change you make, you should always backup first though.

Okay, I got you! Thank you!

Hello!

When I updated for keywords advanced search reults.php and tested search I got this result:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select count(distinct p.products_id) as total from products p left join manufacturers m using(manufacturers_id) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join headertags_search hts on p.products_id = hts.product_id , products_description pd, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and ((((pd.products_name like '%iekšdurvis%' or p.products_model like '%iekšdurvis%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%iekšdurvis%' or hts.keyword like '%iekšdurvis%' ) or pd.products_description like '%iekšdurvis%') )

[TEP STOP]

How I should fix that?

Thanks!

You're missing a closing parenthesis, ). One of the changes you made in that file was not done correctly. If you are using 3.2.7, you will need to read back through this thread to find the correct code to use. If you are using 3.2.8, it means you made a copy/paste mistake.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

all works fine , such a great contribution :) thanks , but i got a new problem when i installed it , when i click a category in catalog all boxes are mixed up , please tell me how do i fix it , i have added the link bellow ,

http://www.cuteaz.com.au/-c-24.html

thanks heaps for any help :)

I don't see a problem with it. You should fix your url rewriter, by the way, since it is missing a name in the url.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't see a problem with it. You should fix your url rewriter, by the way, since it is missing a name in the url.

Hi Thanks for your reply , its working because i restored my index.php the file i have backed up before the installation of this contribution , the think is i have done the editings in the index.php after that when i clicked a category on my website its all scrambled my right column boxes all showing in the body and left column boxes in the background of the right column boxes ,

can you help me to figuire out where is my mistake ?

Hi Thanks for your reply, its working because i restored my index.php the file i have backed up before the installation of this contribution, the thing is I have done the editing in the index.php after that when I clicked a category on my website it’s all scrambled my right column boxes all showing in the body and left column boxes in the background of the right column boxes ,

Can you help me to figure out what cause this problem ?

Hello, Jack!

In order to pass the W3C validation at http://validator.w3.org the file "catalog/includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php" of HTS 3.2.7 needs to have the following changes:

Line 52 <g:plusone></g:plusone><B> </B>

to: <div class="g-plusone" style="float:left;"></div>

Lines 55-70 to

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://del.icio.us/post?url=<?php echo $URL . '&title=' . $TITLE; ?>">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/socialbookmark/delicious.png', 'Add ' . $NAME . ' to del.icio.us'); ?></a></td>

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url=<?php echo $URL . '&title=' . $TITLE; ?>">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/socialbookmark/digg.png', 'Add ' . $NAME . ' to Digg'); ?></a></td>

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://ekstreme.com/socializer/?url=<?php echo $URL . '&title=' . $TITLE; ?>">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/socialbookmark/Socializer16.png', 'Add ' . $NAME . ' to Ekstreme'); ?></a></td>

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=<?php echo $URL . '&title=' . $TITLE; ?>">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/socialbookmark/facebook.png', 'Add ' . $NAME . ' to Facebook'); ?></a></td>

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://furl.net/storeIt.jsp?t=<?php echo $URL . '&title=' . $TITLE; ?>">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/socialbookmark/furl.png', 'Add ' . $NAME . ' to Furl'); ?></a></td>

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.google.com/bookmarks/mark?op=edit&bkmk=<?php echo $URL . '&title=' . $TITLE; ?>">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/socialbookmark/google.png', 'Add ' . $NAME . ' to Google'); ?></a></td>

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.newsvine.com/_tools/seed&save?u==<?php echo $URL . '&h=' . $TITLE; ?>">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/socialbookmark/newsvine.png', 'Add ' . $NAME . ' to Newsvine'); ?></a></td>

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://reddit.com/submit?url=<?php echo $URL . '&title=' . $TITLE; ?>">

Lines 73 - 88 to

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.newsvine.com/_tools/seed&save?u==<?php echo $URL . '&h=' . $TITLE; ?>">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/socialbookmark/newsvine.png', 'Add ' . $NAME . ' to Newsvine'); ?></a></td>

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://reddit.com/submit?url=<?php echo $URL . '&title=' . $TITLE; ?>">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/socialbookmark/reddit.png', 'Add ' . $NAME . ' to Reddit'); ?></a></td>

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://technorati.com/cosmos/search.html?url=<?php echo $URL . '&title=' . $TITLE; ?>">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/socialbookmark/technorati.png', 'Add ' . $NAME . ' to Technorati'); ?></a></td>

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://twitter.com/home?status=Check out <?php echo $URL . '&title=' . $TITLE; ?>">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/socialbookmark/twitter.png', 'Add ' . $NAME . ' to Twitter'); ?></a></td>

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://myweb.yahoo.com/myresults/bookmarklet?u=<?php echo $URL . '&t=' . $TITLE; ?>">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/socialbookmark/yahoo.png', 'Add ' . $NAME . ' to Yahoo myWeb'); ?></a></td>

<td><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit?url=<?php echo $URL . '&title=' . $TITLE; ?>">

:'( :x

YaNotCook !!

Hi Thanks for your reply, its working because i restored my index.php the file i have backed up before the installation of this contribution, the thing is I have done the editing in the index.php after that when I clicked a category on my website it’s all scrambled my right column boxes all showing in the body and left column boxes in the background of the right column boxes ,

Can you help me to figure out what cause this problem ?

That usually happens because the code in your shop does not match that of the changes to be made and some table or div needs to be added/removed. I can't help more than that since it varies with the template and I don't want to get into fixing individual template problems. All I can suggest is that you made the changes one at a time and check the site afterwards. If it displays incorrectly, then stop there and try to figure out the reason.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That usually happens because the code in your shop does not match that of the changes to be made and some table or div needs to be added/removed. I can't help more than that since it varies with the template and I don't want to get into fixing individual template problems. All I can suggest is that you made the changes one at a time and check the site afterwards. If it displays incorrectly, then stop there and try to figure out the reason.

Thank you Jack_mcs for your quick responce , yes i understand and i found that ,that was a nasty little div missing in index php and it fixed , all good :)

but i found a new problem now i already done the fill tags and in the in the page control i already put the default tags and updated ,

in the left hand site drop down manu i selected index.php and added the tags same as default tags and updated it ,no error message is showing but when i check the index.php thru wiew result there is no keywords and discriptions in there its not saving (red color instead of yellow color )for some reason

i hope you would probably know why this is happening ,

url rewriter ? where in .htaccess file ? and what should i have to change in there ?

when i click a product its comes like www.mywebsite.com//product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=122 is that correct?

Thank you Jack_mcs for your quick responce , yes i understand and i found that ,that was a nasty little div missing in index php and it fixed , all good :)

but i found a new problem now i already done the fill tags and in the in the page control i already put the default tags and updated ,

in the left hand site drop down manu i selected index.php and added the tags same as default tags and updated it ,no error message is showing but when i check the index.php thru wiew result there is no keywords and discriptions in there its not saving (red color instead of yellow color )for some reason

i hope you would probably know why this is happening ,

Try viewing it with view source on the actual page. Also be sure you applied the fixes for the manufacturers mentioned in this thread recently.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons