• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

I have OScommerce 2.31 with Header tags SEO 3.2.6 installed. I use only Spanish in my site.

When I click on administracion\catalogo\fabricantes (admin\catalog\manufacturers I guess in English) which is pointing to:

"http://mysite/mysitedirectory/admin/manufacturers.php"

I receive this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /home/"mysite"/public_html/"mysitedirectory"/admin/manufacturers.php on line 259

It means you made a mistake in the changes for that file. Try using the included one to make sure it works and then to compare against yours.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Depending upon your version of HTC, there will/may be fields in the products decription, categories description and manufacturers info tables. Those tables are directly compatible, most likely, with 2.3 but if you are copying them, which you will need to do if you want to keep your categories/products as they are, which is important, then what you need for HTS should be there. The exception would be the configure settings. Later versions of HTC had configure settings. Those should be ignored and the ones in HTS should be used. So I would run the install script in HTS first and then copy the above tables. That should get all you need for HTS. This ignores any problems you may have with your upgrade to 2.3 but thast is not a matter for this thread.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the quick response, and all the assistance.

I have done the installation, but I get an error when importing the data, Here is the error for categories_description:

Error

SQL query:

-- -- Dumping data for table `categories_description` -- INSERT INTO `categories_description` (`categories_id`, `language_id`, `categories_name`, `categories_htc_title_tag`, `categories_htc_desc_tag`, `categories_htc_keywords_tag`, `categories_htc_description`, `categories_seo_url`) VALUES (48, 1, 'Garter Belts', 'Garter belts', 'Garter Belts', 'Garter Belts', 'Garter Belts', ''), (40, 1, 'tank tops', 'tank tops', 'tank tops', 'tank tops', NULL, ''), (162, 1, 'Hosiery', 'Hosiery', 'Hosiery', '', '', ''), (24, 1, 'tong lingerie', 'tong lingerie', 'tong lingerie', 'tong lingerie', NULL, ''), (26, 1, 'g string/panties', 'g string/panties', 'g string/panties', 'g string/panties', '', ''), (74, 1, 'Babydolls', 'Babydolls', 'Babydolls', 'Babydolls', 'Babydolls', ''), (122, 1, 'Leather', 'Leather', 'Leather', 'Leather', 'Leather', ''), (123, 1, 'LEATHER COLLECTION', 'LEATHER COLLECTION', 'LEATHER COLLECTION', 'LEATHER COLLECTION', 'LEATHER COLLECTION', ''), (157, 1, 'Body Stockings', 'Body[...]

MySQL said: b_help.png

#1054 - Unknown column 'categories_seo_url' in 'field list'

Can you please help.

Edited by click2shop

Hi Jack, Thank you for the quick response, and all the assistance. I have done the installation, but I get an error when importing the data, Here is the error for categories_description: Error SQL query: -- -- Dumping data for table `categories_description` -- INSERT INTO `categories_description` (`categories_id`, `language_id`, `categories_name`, `categories_htc_title_tag`, `categories_htc_desc_tag`, `categories_htc_keywords_tag`, `categories_htc_description`, `categories_seo_url`) VALUES (48, 1, 'Garter Belts', 'Garter belts', 'Garter Belts', 'Garter Belts', 'Garter Belts', ''), (40, 1, 'tank tops', 'tank tops', 'tank tops', 'tank tops', NULL, ''), (162, 1, 'Hosiery', 'Hosiery', 'Hosiery', '', '', ''), (24, 1, 'tong lingerie', 'tong lingerie', 'tong lingerie', 'tong lingerie', NULL, ''), (26, 1, 'g string/panties', 'g string/panties', 'g string/panties', 'g string/panties', '', ''), (74, 1, 'Babydolls', 'Babydolls', 'Babydolls', 'Babydolls', 'Babydolls', ''), (122, 1, 'Leather', 'Leather', 'Leather', 'Leather', 'Leather', ''), (123, 1, 'LEATHER COLLECTION', 'LEATHER COLLECTION', 'LEATHER COLLECTION', 'LEATHER COLLECTION', 'LEATHER COLLECTION', ''), (157, 1, 'Body Stockings', 'Body[...] MySQL said: b_help.png #1054 - Unknown column 'categories_seo_url' in 'field list' Can you please help.

Sorry for the above request but I have manage to sort it out by creating a new field in the structure list called categories_seo_url, with the same attributes as the field in the old db, and I manage to upload the data.

Thank you

Hi,

I use the oscommerce 2.3.1 and added the Header Tags SEO on it. Since two weeks. Today I added a new language to my shop and wanted to fill the tags for this language in. Unfortunately my work was interrupted by a phone which I had to answer and I stopped working in the administrative tool without clicking on "update". After 20 minutes when I came back to pc, I had to log in to the administrative tool again to continue on my work filling the tags. So I logged in and became very surprised that it doesn´t work anymore...

The page for filling tags is blank, the page with silo has only the form with titles in capitals like beneath, the page with test is blank, the page with the page control is blank.

At the administrative tool, when I click on the place where formerly "header tags seo" was written, but now "BOX_HEADING_HEADER_TAGS_SEO", this appears:

I reinstalled these files, unsuccesfully. I also used my e-shop backup (3 days old), but still I have the same problem, I can´t use the Header tags SEO category now. The tags are also not displayed on the page anymore. error.log is empty.

Database is ok, all tags are nice stored there. The most strange thing is, that it stop to work on the backup as well.

Why did it stop to work? Did I forget to make some activation or something like that? Please help me.

Thank you, Antonin

www.dospisil.com

Hi,

I use the oscommerce 2.3.1 and added the Header Tags SEO on it. Since two weeks. Today I added a new language to my shop and wanted to fill the tags for this language in. Unfortunately my work was interrupted by a phone which I had to answer and I stopped working in the administrative tool without clicking on "update". After 20 minutes when I came back to pc, I had to log in to the administrative tool again to continue on my work filling the tags. So I logged in and became very surprised that it doesn´t work anymore...

The page for filling tags is blank, the page with silo has only the form with titles in capitals like beneath, the page with test is blank, the page with the page control is blank.

At the administrative tool, when I click on the place where formerly "header tags seo" was written, but now "BOX_HEADING_HEADER_TAGS_SEO", this appears:

I reinstalled these files, unsuccesfully. I also used my e-shop backup (3 days old), but still I have the same problem, I can´t use the Header tags SEO category now. The tags are also not displayed on the page anymore. error.log is empty.

Database is ok, all tags are nice stored there. The most strange thing is, that it stop to work on the backup as well.

Why did it stop to work? Did I forget to make some activation or something like that? Please help me.

Thank you, Antonin

www.dospisil.com

Latest news to my issue:

my problem is nearly fixed. I overlooked something. I forgot the changes at the admin/includes/languages/english file...

Now, silo and fill tags seem to be ok.

Page control says this:

1062 - Duplicate entry 'download.php-4' for key 'PRIMARY'

insert into headertags (page_name, page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, page_logo_1, page_logo_2, page_logo_3, page_logo_4, append_default_title, append_default_description, append_default_keywords, append_default_logo, append_category, append_manufacturer, append_model, append_product, append_root, sortorder_title, sortorder_description, sortorder_keywords, sortorder_logo, sortorder_category, sortorder_manufacturer, sortorder_model, sortorder_product, sortorder_root, sortorder_root_1, sortorder_root_2, sortorder_root_3, sortorder_root_4, language_id) values ('download.php', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '4')

[TEP STOP]

and the test page displayed this:

1062 - Duplicate entry 'index.php-6' for key 'PRIMARY'

update headertags set language_id = '6' where page_name like 'index.php'

[TEP STOP]

I dont understand what it wants. Could you give me a hint how to solve it, please?

Thank you, Antonin

Latest news to my issue:

my problem is nearly fixed. I overlooked something. I forgot the changes at the admin/includes/languages/english file...

Now, silo and fill tags seem to be ok.

Page control says this:

1062 - Duplicate entry 'download.php-4' for key 'PRIMARY'

insert into headertags (page_name, page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, page_logo_1, page_logo_2, page_logo_3, page_logo_4, append_default_title, append_default_description, append_default_keywords, append_default_logo, append_category, append_manufacturer, append_model, append_product, append_root, sortorder_title, sortorder_description, sortorder_keywords, sortorder_logo, sortorder_category, sortorder_manufacturer, sortorder_model, sortorder_product, sortorder_root, sortorder_root_1, sortorder_root_2, sortorder_root_3, sortorder_root_4, language_id) values ('download.php', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', '4')

[TEP STOP]

and the test page displayed this:

1062 - Duplicate entry 'index.php-6' for key 'PRIMARY'

update headertags set language_id = '6' where page_name like 'index.php'

[TEP STOP]

I dont understand what it wants. Could you give me a hint how to solve it, please?

Thank you, Antonin

No problem anymore. I uninstalled and installed again my database...

Good day,

using the administrative tool, I fill the tags using "Fill Tags".

I have 3 languages on my osc 231. It is impossible to fill the tags by language. Only when I check "All", the tags are filled in (but then only in 1 language and they must be replaced manually for the other language versions). When I check "English" only or "German" only, header tags are not filled and "0 tags for categories/manufacturers/products have been filled" appears.

Do I do something wrong?

Thank you,

Antonin

Good day,

using the administrative tool, I fill the tags using "Fill Tags".

I have 3 languages on my osc 231. It is impossible to fill the tags by language. Only when I check "All", the tags are filled in (but then only in 1 language and they must be replaced manually for the other language versions). When I check "English" only or "German" only, header tags are not filled and "0 tags for categories/manufacturers/products have been filled" appears.

Do I do something wrong?

Thank you,

Antonin

In the current version, there are two sql install files - a .sql one and a .php one. If your languages are not in a certain format, the .sql mehod will not set them up correctly (this has been removed in the next version). So if you used that file, try uploading the uninstall and install php files, run the uninstall and then the install scripts and see if that helps.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

In the current version, there are two sql install files - a .sql one and a .php one. If your languages are not in a certain format, the .sql mehod will not set them up correctly (this has been removed in the next version). So if you used that file, try uploading the uninstall and install php files, run the uninstall and then the install scripts and see if that helps.

Hm, this is exactly what I did yesterday. I used the uninstall.php and install later. Despite that the problem remains. Only "All" is functionable.

Hm, this is exactly what I did yesterday. I used the uninstall.php and install later. Despite that the problem remains. Only "All" is functionable.

Does the test function report any problems with languages? Are the titles of the products entered for all the languages in the product pages for that language?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Does the test function report any problems with languages? Are the titles of the products entered for all the languages in the product pages for that language?

The test function doesn´t reports this:

Permissions Error: explain Permissions settings for the /hosting/www/dospisil.com/www/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

pixel_black.gifDatabase/File Mismatch Error: explain The number of file entries in the database (27) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (29). Files not in the database: checkout_shipping2.php create_accountorigo.php

pixel_black.gif languages in the Header Tags table are: 1 ( English ). languages in the Header Tags table are: 4 ( Deutsch ).

...is the test report.

The tags are entered for all the languages (and for all the languages the same - because it doesnt fill them separately, language by language) at the product pages. The "All" is the only one that fill them. When I check only "English", it doesn´t fill.

Antonin

The tags are entered for all the languages (and for all the languages the same - because it doesnt fill them separately, language by language) at the product pages. The "All" is the only one that fill them. When I check only "English", it doesn´t fill.

It fills each language based on what is in the products title for that language. So if you have an English title in the German section of the product, the Header Tags title will be set to an English name. I've tested it here and it works as expected. Since the fill tags code would be the same for mine and yours, it has to be how the database is setup. If you used the install.php file, then I can't think of anything else other than how your products are setup.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It fills each language based on what is in the products title for that language. So if you have an English title in the German section of the product, the Header Tags title will be set to an English name. I've tested it here and it works as expected. Since the fill tags code would be the same for mine and yours, it has to be how the database is setup. If you used the install.php file, then I can't think of anything else other than how your products are setup.

All right, I would like to test it.

You say it is based on what is in the products title for language. I must apologize me now, what is the "product title"? Do you mean the Fill Tags - Generic Override - Products - Title? Or a product title at a different place of the oscommerce? According to what you say I am supposed to fill to this field for German the german words, than check "German" and "Update" and it will work? I will try it, but please tell me if I am right now. Thank you. Antonin

All right, I would like to test it.

You say it is based on what is in the products title for language. I must apologize me now, what is the "product title"? Do you mean the Fill Tags - Generic Override - Products - Title? Or a product title at a different place of the oscommerce? According to what you say I am supposed to fill to this field for German the german words, than check "German" and "Update" and it will work? I will try it, but please tell me if I am right now. Thank you. Antonin

I apologize for the confusion. Instead of saying "product title" I should have said "product name." So if you go into the prodict edit page for one of your products, you should see a box for the name of the product for each lanugage you have installed. The names should be in different languages since they are for different languages. If that is the case, then go into fill tags, scroll all the way to the bottom, select fill all or empty (whichever you want to do), select products (and categories and manufacturers if needed) and the language you want to fill (or All) and update. It should fill them all correctly then.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I have 3.26 installed on a 2.2RC shop. But I find I can't fill tags for each language.

The fill process affects all 3 languages but can't apply it individually.

I only want to fill tags with Deutsch pages, but it said "No Product tags have been filled."

I ran the test and find some error:

languages in the Header Tags table are: 6 ( Deutsch ).

languages in the Header Tags table are: 4 ( Español ).

How could I fix the error.

Thanks so much

Hello,

I have 3.26 installed on a 2.2RC shop. But I find I can't fill tags for each language.

The fill process affects all 3 languages but can't apply it individually.

I only want to fill tags with Deutsch pages, but it said "No Product tags have been filled."

I ran the test and find some error:

languages in the Header Tags table are: 6 ( Deutsch ).

languages in the Header Tags table are: 4 ( Español ).

How could I fix the error.

Did you try what was suggested in the very recent posts about this?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

installed this on a 2.3.1 store works fine but cant seem to get ckeditor to work with it everytime i follow the install instructions then turn it on the product descriptions box just disappear

It's working fine in my setup here. I'm using version CKEditor 3.0 (revision 4148). I don't know what the latest version is but perhaps there is something different in your version that is causing it to fail.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with the following changes:

-> Added google plusone code to the social bookmarks.

-> Added images of Page Control to the contribution package to help understand it better.

-> Added option to display text on the product listing page.

-> Added option to display additional text on the product page.

-> Added option to control showing the currently viewing link.

-> Added option to display Header Tags title at top of each page.

-> Added option to store keywords for use with other parts of Header Tags.

-> Added social bookmarks for Article Manager pages (requires Article Manager to be installed). (My thanks to member JohnAtYM for his sugestion and code).

-> Added social bookmarks for Information Pages pages (requires Information Pages to be installed).

-> Added social bookmarks for Page Manager pages (requires Page manager to be installed).

-> Added Tag Cloud code.

-> Changed Fill Tags code to allow it to work for large databases.

-> Changed View Result code so it now recognizes pseudo pages.

-> Changed many database calls to be more secure.

-> Changed how canonical code worked for the category pages since it was failing for some servers.

-> Corrected xhtml mistakes in the <head> changes for 2.3 shops.

-> Corrected the Install_Catalog.txt insructions for 2.3 shops.

-> Corrected mistake in includes/functions/header_tags.php introduced in V 3.2.4 that prevented categories from being appended to the product page.

-> Created an update install file that will make future updates easier.

-> Created a new section in admin for handling keywords, including checking their position on google and adding them to the search results on the shop side.

-> Fixed code in Page Control so a mising sort order entry causes a failure and doesn't allow the change.

-> Fixed gzip cache so it updates correctly.

-> Moved css to an external stylesheet.

-> Moved the fill tags instructions to a popup file.

-> Removed the deprecated type argument from the mysql files.

-> Removed the mysql phpmyadmin-type install file from the contribution.

-> Removed the option to use an html editor on the products meta tag description.

-> Removed duplicate clean_html files.

-> Removed the MS2 files.

-> Removed all non-English language files.

The largest change in this update has to do with keywords. Keywords are the heart and soul of SEO and it always bothered me that controlling them was limited, in all meta tags contributions. This version, I hope, goes a long way to solving that problem. The basic idea of it is that when someone does a search on your shop, the word/phase they entered is recorded. In admin, all of those keywords are listed along with the number of times they were searched for and if the search found anything. If nothing was found, there is an option to add the word to a list that Header Tags keeps so that it can be found the next time a search is done. The google position of those words can also be checked from within that admin section, which should allow you to optimize them more easily.

Please note that this is not a minor upgrade. I tried to make it as painless as possible but a large number of changes were made to the code. I've gone over them many times and have installed it into a number of live shops and they all are working fine, as far as I know. But it wouldn't surprise me to find some errors. But, if there are any, they should just be minor problems. Still, I don't suggest upgrading a live shop directly unless you have the experience to restore the files should there be a major problem. The best way to proceed would be to install this into a copy of your shop and test it thoroughly there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with the following changes:

-> Added google plusone code to the social bookmarks.

-> Added images of Page Control to the contribution package to help understand it better.

-> Added option to display text on the product listing page.

-> Added option to display additional text on the product page.

-> Added option to control showing the currently viewing link.

-> Added option to display Header Tags title at top of each page.

-> Added option to store keywords for use with other parts of Header Tags.

-> Added social bookmarks for Article Manager pages (requires Article Manager to be installed). (My thanks to member JohnAtYM for his sugestion and code).

-> Added social bookmarks for Information Pages pages (requires Information Pages to be installed).

-> Added social bookmarks for Page Manager pages (requires Page manager to be installed).

-> Added Tag Cloud code.

-> Changed Fill Tags code to allow it to work for large databases.

-> Changed View Result code so it now recognizes pseudo pages.

-> Changed many database calls to be more secure.

-> Changed how canonical code worked for the category pages since it was failing for some servers.

-> Corrected xhtml mistakes in the <head> changes for 2.3 shops.

-> Corrected the Install_Catalog.txt insructions for 2.3 shops.

-> Corrected mistake in includes/functions/header_tags.php introduced in V 3.2.4 that prevented categories from being appended to the product page.

-> Created an update install file that will make future updates easier.

-> Created a new section in admin for handling keywords, including checking their position on google and adding them to the search results on the shop side.

-> Fixed code in Page Control so a mising sort order entry causes a failure and doesn't allow the change.

-> Fixed gzip cache so it updates correctly.

-> Moved css to an external stylesheet.

-> Moved the fill tags instructions to a popup file.

-> Removed the deprecated type argument from the mysql files.

-> Removed the mysql phpmyadmin-type install file from the contribution.

-> Removed the option to use an html editor on the products meta tag description.

-> Removed duplicate clean_html files.

-> Removed the MS2 files.

-> Removed all non-English language files.

The largest change in this update has to do with keywords. Keywords are the heart and soul of SEO and it always bothered me that controlling them was limited, in all meta tags contributions. This version, I hope, goes a long way to solving that problem. The basic idea of it is that when someone does a search on your shop, the word/phase they entered is recorded. In admin, all of those keywords are listed along with the number of times they were searched for and if the search found anything. If nothing was found, there is an option to add the word to a list that Header Tags keeps so that it can be found the next time a search is done. The google position of those words can also be checked from within that admin section, which should allow you to optimize them more easily.

Please note that this is not a minor upgrade. I tried to make it as painless as possible but a large number of changes were made to the code. I've gone over them many times and have installed it into a number of live shops and they all are working fine, as far as I know. But it wouldn't surprise me to find some errors. But, if there are any, they should just be minor problems. Still, I don't suggest upgrading a live shop directly unless you have the experience to restore the files should there be a major problem. The best way to proceed would be to install this into a copy of your shop and test it thoroughly there.

Great update. When the new addon will be available to download:)

Great update. When the new addon will be available to download:)

It has to be approved by a team member but it is usually hanled in a day or two, though I imagine the holiday might cause a delay.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ahoy, a new osC user 'ere!

Installed HTSEO 3.2.6 (new shop) on osC 2.3. The website is more or less accessible, but trying to access /admin/ or anything under it, I get:

Warning: require(includes/functions/header_tags_general.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mos85/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.phpon line 1479

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/header_tags_general.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear') in/home/mos85/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1479

I do not know any programming beyond basic HTML, but I think this is the culprit:

In admin/includes/function/general.php before the last ?>,
ADD:
 /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
 require('includes/functions/header_tags_general.php');
 /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

catalog_for_new_shop_only_2.3 did not include the aforementioned header_tags_general.php. Had to copy from catalog directory.

After placing this file, and finally logging into /admin/ this error greets me:

Warning: include(includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mos85/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 24

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/pear') in/home/mos85/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 24

This time, the boxes directory itself is missing from catalog_for_new_shop_only_2.3. I, once again, throw myself into the category folder to find the missing file. Now that it's dealt with, it's working fine.

Please fix your catalog_for_new_shop_only_2.3 directory in the package. It would be a cruel joke if the missing files are intentional when you clearly mention:

NOTE: If you have a clean shop' date=' you can just copy all of the files in the

directory named catalog_for_new_shop_only_2.3.[/quote']

By the way, I already had the contribution addon Modular Front Page installed. Since no files conflicted other than index.php, I opted to use catalog_for_new_shop_only_2.3 files and manually edited index.php. And I'm happy to say that, at least, this MFP's presence did not create a headache. If not for the missing files, the installation would've been a smooth ride. I ask you again to fix your package and check if any further files are missing that I've not stumbled upon yet.

Edited by oxwivi