• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I am running OSCommerce 2.3.1. Installed the latest version of SEO. When I go to page control for product_info.php, if I check/uncheck Product, the page title does add/remove the product name. However, if I click/unclick Category, no change occurs. I have tried using the stock product_info.php from the contribution and the same thing occurs. I checked the DB and the entries there look the same as the page title. Any ideas what I might have missed?

Thanks.

Edited by njbeacher

I am running OSCommerce 2.3.1. Installed the latest version of SEO. When I go to page control for product_info.php, if I check/uncheck Product, the page title does add/remove the product name. However, if I click/unclick Category, no change occurs. I have tried using the stock product_info.php from the contribution and the same thing occurs. I checked the DB and the entries there look the same as the page title. Any ideas what I might have missed?

Thanks.

It's not your fault. I wasn't aware of the mistake but the code for that was removed in V 3.2.4. To fix it, find this line in the includes/functions/header_tags.php file

$product = ($product && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_category']) ? true : false);

and change it to

$product = ($product && ($pageTags['append_category'] || $pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_category']) ? true : false);

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It's not your fault. I wasn't aware of the mistake but the code for that was removed in V 3.2.4. To fix it, find this line in the includes/functions/header_tags.php file

$product = ($product && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_category']) ? true : false);

and change it to

$product = ($product && ($pageTags['append_category'] || $pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_category']) ? true : false);

Awesome! Thank you much. Been staring at the code for a week on this one. :)

hello

i installed header tag SEO for my RC 2.2 shop , it worked but when i filled the meta tag for my root and sub root product it didn't work ?

i edited index.php & product-info.php pages successfully , i mean i can fill all meta tag for all products and main page successfully but when i want to fill meta tag information for root and sub root of my products so i cant ! and when i observed the source code of those failed pages all meta tag existed in but there are empty .

could anyone help me ?

( for example a root product is SOFTWARE and SUB ROOT is accounting software and in this SUB ROOT you may have a lot of products )

Edited by zinor

Hi Jack,

I have Header Tags SEO V_3.2.6" installed on my 2.2RC2a shop.

It works great, after fixing some issues. It perfect, because this modules allows me to edit all the tags manually.

I had to install USU5 Pro because of the multilanguage support.

Now I'm testing it offline with WAMP and the combination Header Tags SEO and USU5 Pro seems to work perfect. The TAGs all show up in the selected language for the Index, Categories and product pages.

However for the root files, such as contact.php, shipping.php, specials.php etc the manually edited tags show up only in the default language. In all other languages the default tags are given to these pages.

www.mysite.com/specials.php comes with the edited tags (default language)

www.mysite.com/specials.php/de ..../specials.php/en etc show just the default tags.

When I switch off multi-language support in USU5 or when I switch off USU5 completely, all the tags for these root files are again ok in all languages.

Is the something wrong with my installation? If so, can you give me a hint where should I look to fix it?

Installed modules:

8 languages (english = default)

STS v4.6.1

USU5 Pro

Google Sitemap SEO V1.5

Google_Analytics V1.0

oscThumbSimple Multiple Images with Fancy Popups V1.3.5

and many small add-onns

Thanks in advance !!!

Bouke

hello

i installed header tag SEO for my RC 2.2 shop , it worked but when i filled the meta tag for my root and sub root product it didn't work ?

i edited index.php & product-info.php pages successfully , i mean i can fill all meta tag for all products and main page successfully but when i want to fill meta tag information for root and sub root of my products so i cant ! and when i observed the source code of those failed pages all meta tag existed in but there are empty .

could anyone help me ?

( for example a root product is SOFTWARE and SUB ROOT is accounting software and in this SUB ROOT you may have a lot of products )

I'm not sure I am understanding what the problem is but if you are saying the title and tags are not displaying for all categories, then yu need to look in admin->Catalog to make sure the data exists for those categories. If it's there, then you've made a mistake on the index,php changes. To see if that is the problem, upload the included index.php as index_hts.php and access it from the web. If it loads correctly (title and tags show), then the problem is in your code.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

When I switch off multi-language support in USU5 or when I switch off USU5 completely, all the tags for these root files are again ok in all languages.

Is the something wrong with my installation? If so, can you give me a hint where should I look to fix it?

As you say, when you turn off that contribution, the code works correctly so the problem isn't with this contribution. You'll need to ask in its support thread for help.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When editing a product what is the difference between:

Header Tags Category Description

and

Header Tags Categories Description

Hey guys, I have installed the header tags plugin for months now however; one thing Ive noticed is that all the options are double lined; for example, two page titles, two keywords, and two descriptions. Density checkers are saying that there are multiple page titles, how can I fix this? is there something or somewhere that it is wrong?

When editing a product what is the difference between:

Header Tags Category Description

and

Header Tags Categories Description

If you mean a category, one is the meta description and one is the category description on the shops category page. They are very poorly named but it's too much work to make that change now.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey guys, I have installed the header tags plugin for months now however; one thing Ive noticed is that all the options are double lined; for example, two page titles, two keywords, and two descriptions. Density checkers are saying that there are multiple page titles, how can I fix this? is there something or somewhere that it is wrong?

If you are using a shop that automatically includes the title and tags, like 2.3, CRE and oscMax and you made the <head> code changes for the files, then that will happen.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, so what should I do?

You are using one of those shops and have added the code, as explained, then you need to remove that code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Which files will include this code? What does the code look like? Any help on finding the coding?

See teh instructions about making changes to the <head> section (step 1).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

for title of subcategory i have a problem !? you know i dont know why for a subcategory title shown the category name before it ? for example if i have category hardware and subcategory RAM in the page RAM that shown all kind of RAM the title is hardware - RAM but i want it be just RAM , how to fix it ?

for title of subcategory i have a problem !? you know i dont know why for a subcategory title shown the category name before it ? for example if i have category hardware and subcategory RAM in the page RAM that shown all kind of RAM the title is hardware - RAM but i want it be just RAM , how to fix it ?

Try changing the "Display Category Parents in Title and Tags" setting.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you have this ERROR:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 1

Just, open your file "headertags_seo_install.php", find TYPE=MyISAM and replace for ENGINE=MyISAM

That's it.

Remember, for better performance, uninstall *again* your tables with the "headertags_seo_uninstall.php" and install it.

thanks , but i did not understand the difference between duplicate and standard setting for it also i tried it but the result was same , would you tell me what is the different ?

Let's say you have a category path like Cat1 -> SubCat1. If you go into SubCat1 and have Duplciate set, the title will contain Cat1 -> SubCat1. If you have Standard set, it will just have SubCat1.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry for posting this but i couldn't find a good answer/result with the Search "in topic".

Well, my issue, in Page Control -> Add Missing Pages. What supposed do i have to see/do? Because nothing is showing on.

My "header_tags.php" has 755, my test (into Header Tags SEO) is OK and everything seems good.

What do i have to do, so?, What kind of pages supposed to be shown?

Please, excuse me if my question is odd or dumb, but i can't find the answer with the forum search field (in topic, i mean, it show me just the topic and not the comments, per se).

Thank you in advance.

Sorry for posting this but i couldn't find a good answer/result with the Search "in topic".

Well, my issue, in Page Control -> Add Missing Pages. What supposed do i have to see/do? Because nothing is showing on.

My "header_tags.php" has 755, my test (into Header Tags SEO) is OK and everything seems good.

What do i have to do, so?, What kind of pages supposed to be shown?

It depends upon what version of oscommerce you are using but, in general, that is because you didn't add the Header Tags code to the <head> section. See step 1 in the Install Catalog file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons