• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hey this seems to be a GREAT piece of work. After the first unsuccessful attempt at installing this, I decided to read, LIKE THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID, and found out that I missed a whole bunch of VERY IMPORTANT STEPS. The first time my site disappeared, good thing I "Backed UP" everything. Again THANKS a LOT. Feed back would be appreciated at www.allblingbelts.com

:D

Have added this module and although i can see some of what it does and am loving it, i am a tad confused. I have put some effort into setting up the relevant keywords and descriptions for all categories and products yet when i view the source for either a category or an individual product i'm only seeing the default keywords and descriptions.

E.g. for my 'Baby & Christening' Category i have set up the following :

Header Tags Category Title: PixMix - Baby and Christening

Header Tags Category Description: Beautiful, unusual and unique personalised presents, gifts and bespoke art for babies, new born, boys and girls, baby shower, Christenings and Baptisms

Header Tags Category Keywords: Babies, Christening, New Born, Boy, Girl, Baby, Shower, unusual, unique, personalised, present, gift, bespoke

When i open that category it looks good in that i can see header text has been added above my products, citing the 'Header Tags Category Description' value. Yet when i look in the source code of the page it reads:

<head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" > <title>PixMix - Unusual - Personalised - Presents</title> <meta name="Description" content="Handmade Unusual and Unique Personalised Presents, Gifts and Bespoke Art" > <meta name="Keywords" content="Unusual, Unique, Personalised, Bespoke, Art, Presents, Gifts" > <meta name="googlebot" content="all" > <meta name="robots" content="noodp" > <meta name="slurp" content="noydir" > <meta name="robots" content="index, follow" > <link rel="canonical" href="http://pixmix.co.uk/estore/baby-and-christening-c-22?cPath=22" ><!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags --> ...</head>

Perhaps i'm barking up the wrong tree but i would have expected the values i stated for this category to be included in these meta tags rather than the default values i set up for the site as a whole? I'm hoping there's an admin setting i've overlooked, but i can't see anything obvious. Any ideas ?

*** UPDATE: I have just seen Freakystreak's thread from 11AUG11, and as i have pretty much the same set-up i'll follow their advice, have high hopes that will do the trick ...***

Edited by ChristineMcAteer

No, that's not part of the contribution. Since it is in the includes/header_tags.php file, my guess is that you have some illegally named file in the root and the header tags code is trying to make sense of it. You'll need to remove any such files and reload the includes/header_tags.php file to fix it.

Feeling pretty silly, but not sure what the root is or how to find an illegally named file. I reloaded the includes/header_tags.php which fixes the problem temporarily. But as soon as I use page in control in oscommerce admin, it goes back to the error message.

Feeling pretty silly, but not sure what the root is or how to find an illegally named file. I reloaded the includes/header_tags.php which fixes the problem temporarily. But as soon as I use page in control in oscommerce admin, it goes back to the error message.

Since it happens again after replacing the file, that is almost certainly the problem. The root is the main directory of your shop - where the index.php file is located. From the error you posted, it looks like a file named something like templ_product_list is at fault.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

At the beginning I want to say "hello" to everybody, because that's my first post on oscommerce forum.

I can say that I need Your help.

I had SEO Ultimate 2.1 installed on my website and I decided to upgrade it to 2.2d.

From website point of view, everything works great, but I have a problem with Admin panel.

If I go to Configuration -> SEO Friendly Links I can see just header with the name SEO Friendly Links.

Below the main header I can see the header of the table in which should be placed some options to configure SEO.

The table is empty, I can't see any option.

I want to add that rest of the admin page after choosing SEO Friendly Links looks good.

Even I can see footer, so page is loaded fully.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Lukas

Edited by Lippi

At the beginning I want to say "hello" to everybody, because that's my first post on oscommerce forum.

I can say that I need Your help.

I had SEO Ultimate 2.1 installed on my website and I decided to upgrade it to 2.2d.

From website point of view, everything works great, but I have a problem with Admin panel.

If I go to Configuration -> SEO Friendly Links I can see just header with the name SEO Friendly Links.

Below the main header I can see the header of the table in which should be placed some options to configure SEO.

The table is empty, I can't see any option.

I want to add that rest of the admin page after choosing SEO Friendly Links looks good.

Even I can see footer, so page is loaded fully.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Lukas

Ok. I managed it myself.

There was a problem with relation between configuration and configuration_group tables.

In configuration_group table there was old ID. All new values in configuration table had new one :)

Ok. I managed it myself.

There was a problem with relation between configuration and configuration_group tables.

In configuration_group table there was old ID. All new values in configuration table had new one smile.png

Well done - good on you for not giving up! Welcome to the forums, by the way!

I've got a question.

I'm trying to set up the header title tags to work differently on the index.php page to how they display when a category is opened and it's listing the products within.

For example: If I wanted the header title to display "Daz's Dodgy Motors - We're Not Happy Until You're Not Happy", I can set that up correctly by over-riding the default for the index.php - however, when I click on a category - for example Blue Cars, the title would just say "Blue Cars", when I want it to say "Blue Cars - Daz's Dodgy Motors".

Does that make sense to anyone?

For example: If I wanted the header title to display "Daz's Dodgy Motors - We're Not Happy Until You're Not Happy", I can set that up correctly by over-riding the default for the index.php - however, when I click on a category - for example Blue Cars, the title would just say "Blue Cars", when I want it to say "Blue Cars - Daz's Dodgy Motors".

Check the root checkbox for index.php in Page Control.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

hi,

i get a blank page when i insert the following code in template_top.php.

<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
 <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
?>

what am I doing wrong?

i inserted a echo to check if file "header_tags.php" is found and it is!

any help would be appreciated!

i get a blank page when i insert the following code in template_top.php.

what am I doing wrong?

A blank page usually means a file is formatted incorrectly. That sort of error should show up in the error log so you might want to explain the problem to your host and ask them to see what error is being reported.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I think it may be my template that is making it not work properly. The places for changes in includes/header.php and product_info.php aren't in my files as laid out in instructions. I think I need some help fixing/finishing installation. Is there anyone I can pay to help out? Thanks

hi everybody & JACK :

first of all thank you JACK for this add-ons .

i installed this step by step for my eshop RC-2 and everything is OK now

but unfortunately my FCKEDITOR for my products explaination did not work any more !

although i enabled an html editor in its settings on FCKeditor but i just see the simple text area for my products explaination like other fields of meta tag information for products ? also i select other editor in its setting but it didnt work .

the problem happened when i edited admin/categories.php .

the previous segment code that worked well is as below when i changed it so the problem happened .

<?php
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
?>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
		<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
		  <tr>
			<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>
			<td class="main">
			 <?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '10',
(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) :
tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])),'id = products_description[' .
$languages[$i]['id'] . '] class="ckeditor"'); ?>
  <script type="text/javascript">
   $('.rte<?php echo $languages[$i]["id"]; ?>').rte({
   css: 'default.css',
   width: 650,
   height: 250,
   controls_rte: rte_toolbar,
   controls_html: html_toolbar
 });
  </script>
</td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>

i replaced above code with below code

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
<?php
?>
	  <tr>
	    <td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
		  <tr>
		    <td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>
		    <td class="main">
		    <?php
			  if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR == 'No Editor' || HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_PRODUCTS == 'false')
			    echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));
			  else
			  {
			    if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR == 'FCKEditor') {
				  echo tep_draw_fckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', '600', '300', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));
			    } else if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR == 'CKEditor') {
				  echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '110', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])), 'id = "products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']" class="ckeditor"');
			    } else {
				  echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));
			    }
			  }
		    ?>
		    </td>
		  </tr>
	    </table></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
	  <tr>
	    <td colspan="2" class="main"><hr><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_METTA_INFO; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	    <td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
?>
	  <tr>
	    <td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE; ?></td>
		  <tr>
		    <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_title_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
		  </tr>
	    </table></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
	   <tr>
	    <td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_HEADER_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
		  <tr>
		    <td class="main">
		    <?php
			  if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR == 'No Editor' || HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_EDITOR_CATEGORIES == 'false')
			    echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_desc_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));
			  else
			  {
			    if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR == 'FCKEditor') {
				  echo tep_draw_fckeditor('products_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', '600', '300', (isset($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_head_desc_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));
			    } else if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR == 'CKEditor') {
				  echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '110', '15', (isset($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_head_desc_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])), 'id = "products_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']" class="ckeditor"');
			    } else {
				  echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_head_desc_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));
			    }
			  }
			 ?>
			 </td>
		  </tr>
	    </table></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
	   <tr>
	    <td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_KEYWORDS; ?></td>
		  <tr>
		    <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_keywords_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
		  </tr>
	    </table></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	    <td colspan="2" class="main"><hr></td>
	  </tr>
<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

could you help me how to fix it ?

thank you

Edited by zinor

hi everybody & JACK :

first of all thank you JACK for this add-ons .

i installed this step by step for my eshop RC-2 and everything is OK now

but unfortunately my FCKEDITOR for my products explaination did not work any more !

although i enabled an html editor in its settings on FCKeditor but i just see the simple text area for my products explaination like other fields of meta tag information for products ? also i select other editor in its setting but it didnt work .

the problem happened when i edited admin/categories.php .

the previous segment code that worked well is as below when i changed it so the problem happened .

You have to enable the editor in the Header Tags settings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to enable the editor in the Header Tags settings.

hay my friend JACK :

as i told you in my previous posts although i enabled the editor in the header tag settings but the result was same !

all the buttons that you can see above the text area of product explaination (FCKeditor) like putting all kind of flash , html , source code and etc .. dont appear . and just the simple text area shown . like the simple text area to write meta tag for product when you want to add a new product .

my problem is in the above codes that i attached with my previous posts but i dont know how to correct it .

Edited by zinor

Not sure if it's the done thing around here, but at risking of clogging the thread I would just like to say a big thank you. As a relative novice I rolled my sleeves up today and got stuck in with a clean install (I wasn't brave enough to try on my existing store) and after a couple of forehead slapping moments on my own part, it seems to be doing just what it should, and it all went (almost) without a hitch, so thank you :)

hay my friend JACK :

as i told you in my previous posts although i enabled the editor in the header tag settings but the result was same !

all the buttons that you can see above the text area of product explaination (FCKeditor) like putting all kind of flash , html , source code and etc .. dont appear . and just the simple text area shown . like the simple text area to write meta tag for product when you want to add a new product .

my problem is in the above codes that i attached with my previous posts but i dont know how to correct it .

No, you stated, "although i enabled an html editor in its settings on FCKeditor" which, to me, means you enable the editor using options for that editor, which there are contributions that add such control. If your settings are correct, then the changes to the categories file are not. You can use the included one to compare against yours to find the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Not sure if it's the done thing around here, but at risking of clogging the thread I would just like to say a big thank you. As a relative novice I rolled my sleeves up today and got stuck in with a clean install (I wasn't brave enough to try on my existing store) and after a couple of forehead slapping moments on my own part, it seems to be doing just what it should, and it all went (almost) without a hitch, so thank you smile.png

You're welcome. I hope it helps with your shop. :)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

does anybody have experience or know why the fill tags don't want to save any value? It always roll back to default no matter what I choose. Where would the record save at? Database?

Thanks in advance.

You might want to read the text beside the fill tags options or the faq in the test section.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

First I would like to thank the members of this forum. When troubleshooting my OSc store i have looked here and found many answers. I am having some trouble with this addon. When I click a category in my site www.midnightplatoon.com, the left column which contains the categories drops to the bottom of the page. if i click on a shirt on the home page, the column stay in its original location. Only happened after installing this addon. Any help guys. Thank you very much.

First I would like to thank the members of this forum. When troubleshooting my OSc store i have looked here and found many answers. I am having some trouble with this addon. When I click a category in my site www.midnightplatoon.com, the left column which contains the categories drops to the bottom of the page. if i click on a shirt on the home page, the column stay in its original location. Only happened after installing this addon. Any help guys. Thank you very much.

That happens when one of the changes, probably the social bookmarks in your case, doesn't fit the code design of your shop. You need to determine the code causing the problem and then figure out how to change it so the format doesn't change.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons