• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Install seemed to go smoothly and is working great on all product pages. But getting the following error on all information pages (shipping, privacy, etc). Ran test and no errors come up with that. And there is no line 234 in the header tags file. I am going back through the install step by step, but wondering if anyone might have an idea where this coming from.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function filename_templ_product_list() in /home3/twistfou/public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 234

The code in Header Tags will try to build a filename if it finds one that is not defined. That will result in such an error many times, depending upon the file name. You will need to remove any file from your root that is not used for the shop. That should never be a place for storage. Then you will need to replace the includes/header_tags.php file and try it again.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

However what I'm unsure of is whether or not platform is a BTS or STS, as neither folder is in my site heirarchy/structure and there are no instructions written for neither as far as the instructions go. Am I mising something in my codes? I've checked back in my original osCommerce v.2.3.1 package and couldn't locate either of the folder's mentioned. Until I understand a bit more about this I don't want to proceed any further in order to insure a solid install of your contribution. Thanks Jack, appreciate your assistance here.

That's a mistake in the instructions. BTS and STS won't work with 2.3 so you can skip those steps.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The code in Header Tags will try to build a filename if it finds one that is not defined. That will result in such an error many times, depending upon the file name. You will need to remove any file from your root that is not used for the shop. That should never be a place for storage. Then you will need to replace the includes/header_tags.php file and try it again.

That took care of it. Thanks!

Hi

I have restored my website back to a date before I installed Header Tags SEO and have re-installed everything again. I also found some other errors I had made and missed in the Install_Catalog

So now I'm starting again and am going through Install_Catalog instructions.

It says: At a minimum, the following files should be changed:

index.php

product_info.php

Step 1 says in each file you want to edit, make the following modification:

FIND:<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

REPLACE with the following then continue with Step 2:

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<?php

I have looked on both files

index.php

product_info.php for the above text and cannot find it.

So do i just enter it somewhere on these 2 pages and if yes, where do I enter it.

Regards

Carlene

Hi

I have restored my website back to a date before I installed Header Tags SEO and have re-installed everything again. I also found some other errors I had made and missed in the Install_Catalog

So now I'm starting again and am going through Install_Catalog instructions.

It says: At a minimum, the following files should be changed:

index.php

product_info.php

Step 1 says in each file you want to edit, make the following modification:

FIND:<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

REPLACE with the following then continue with Step 2:

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<?php

I have looked on both files

index.php

product_info.php for the above text and cannot find it.

So do i just enter it somewhere on these 2 pages and if yes, where do I enter it.

Those are the instructions for a shop version other than 2.3 so be sure that is correct first. If it is, then your files must have been modified since that code is in all standard oscommerce shops. You can use teh included files to compare against your own to see how they should look.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

The version I am using is

// define the project version

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a');

I bought it as a Template and have just been building from it. I have not had anything modified, but I have added a Aus Post addon and an Affiliate Marketing Add on to the template.

I also can not figure out the following instructions:

FILE CHANGES:

1) ******** NOTE: STS USERS ONLY - Skip to step 1A. *********

******** NOTE: BTS USERS ONLY - Skip to step 1B. *********

Your shop is an STS shop if there is an includes/sts_templates/ directory.

Your shop is a BTS shop if there is a templates directory in the root directory.

I don't have a : includes/sts_templates/ directory or a templates directory in the root directory.

Is Header Tags SEO suitable for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a ?

Thx Carlene

Those are the instructions for a shop version other than 2.3 so be sure that is correct first. If it is, then your files must have been modified since that code is in all standard oscommerce shops. You can use teh included files to compare against your own to see how they should look.

" You can use the included files to compare against your own to see how they should look."

Were are the included files that I can use to compare to my files?

Carlene :'(

A new version has been uploaded with the following changes.

Jack, for this update: Header Tags SEO V 3.2.6

Should the instructions for updating..

1) Upload the following files:

admin/headertags_seo.php

admin/headertags_fill_tags.php

includes/functions/header_tags.php

Also include to upload

admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php

After the update I was getting an undefined function error when I ran clear or fill tags until I uploaded that.

Edited by altoid

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Jack, for this update: Header Tags SEO V 3.2.6

Should the instructions for updating..

Also include to upload

admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php

After the update I was getting an undefined function error when I ran clear or fill tags until I uploaded that.

Yes, you are correct. A function was added that is used in fill tags. Thank you for posting that mistake.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I'm trying to merge to lines of code here in catalog/admin/categories.php. Approximately line 448 there is a reference to replacing the original code with this line:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

However, in my shop I've already installed a quantity price break contribution so I have to merge these line's of code in order for both of these contributions to work properly:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, / pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url,/ p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, ptdc.discount_categories_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_DISCOUNT_CATEGORIES . " ptdc on p.products_id = ptdc.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

This is the merged line of code I came up with, will it work or do you see some problems with it or have I missed something:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, ptdc.discount_categories_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_DISCOUNT_CATEGORIES . " ptdc on p.products_id = ptdc.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

If anyone can check out this merged line of code it would be great...Thanks in advance gang, your efforts are hugely appreciated...

Cheers,

DougB

Greetings again folks, I've run into another problem once again with having to merge further code in catalog/admin/categories.php as before, but now in a different location, with slightly different text. Here's the code I'm supposed to be using to replace the original code with:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

Here's the code that's currently in there courtesy of QPBPP which has to stay in order for the two contributions to play nice together:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id, ptdc.discount_categories_id, dc.discount_categories_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_DISCOUNT_CATEGORIES . " ptdc on p.products_id = ptdc.products_id left join " . TABLE_DISCOUNT_CATEGORIES . " dc using(discount_categories_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

Now, here's my modified version of these two code's merged so that both contributions will continue to work, please oh please could someone please check over my manglelation of these and double check it to see if I've made any mistakes as before...

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, p.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price,  p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, ptdc.discount_categories_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_DISCOUNT_CATEGORIES . " ptdc on p.products_id = ptdc.products_id left join " . TABLE_DISCOUNT_CATEGORIES . " dc using(discount_categories_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

Many thanks again all, you guys are great, I really appreciate all your help here, it's been awhile since I've crunched codes this much but the response from this community has been fantastic...Thanks again all, have a good one!

Cheers,

DougB

Edited by Eaviator

I'm trying to merge to lines of code here in catalog/admin/categories.php. Approximately line 448 there is a reference to replacing the original code with this line:

However, in my shop I've already installed a quantity price break contribution so I have to merge these line's of code in order for both of these contributions to work properly:

Yes, they look correct.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Greetings again folks, I've run into another problem once again with having to merge further code in catalog/admin/categories.php as before, but now in a different location, with slightly different text. Here's the code I'm supposed to be using to replace the original code with:

All you're doing in the lines that have select in them is adding

pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag,

somewhere after the select and before the from. It doesn't matter what order they are in. As long as you don't overwrite an existing field, it will work fine. The best thing to do for something like this is to download a fresh copy of oscommerce (your version) and use a compare program like WinMerge to compare the fresh file with the included one. That will show the actual changes to the files.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It appears the Header Tags files are being flagged from our server because they use the base64_decode function, a function which is used VERY often by exploit scripts to hide what the file is doing. Since your instructions ask for 777 permissions on files, this makes apache vulnerable.

From our data center regarding this contribution:

When you execute PHP code, it runs as a user, just like every other program in

Linux. Because you are running your PHP as DSO, it runs as a part of Apache,

and runs as the same user.

Giving your files 777 permissions gives everyone the ability to read, write,

and execute the file. In particular for your situation, this gives Apache and

PHP both the ability to read and write.

PHP generally is not an issue - the code had to be on your server to execute,

so people from the outside cannot just upload PHP code through anything in PHP

unless something is written to allow this. Apache is an issue, anyone can try

to put a file on your server by using a http command to send it to the server,

and if Apache has write permissions to that directory, Apache will save it on

the server. If the file was a PHP file, and then someone visits the location

of that file, they are now running code on your server and can do quite a bit.

777 permissions are bad. If the author mentions that this plugin needs them, I

would recommend finding another plugin. While this plugin may not be

malicious, it opens dangerous doors.

Any suggestions?

It appears the Header Tags files are being flagged from our server because they use the base64_decode function, a function which is used VERY often by exploit scripts to hide what the file is doing. Since your instructions ask for 777 permissions on files, this makes apache vulnerable.

I think that if you re-read the instructions, you will find they state, "...should be set to 755...." Servers should never be setup so that 777 is required, though many hosts run that way. If your host requires permissions to be set to 777 in order to work properly and they won't fix that, you need to find another host since they are placing your sites security at risk. If you don't want to do that though, the permissions on the includes/header_tags.php file only need to be set to writeable when you are adding new pages so you can change them, add the page, and change them back. You will lose the automatic update of the file and it will cause you extra work but that's the price for hosting on a non-secure server.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Makes sense about 755 but for some reason it throws an error saying that header_tags.php needs to be writeable at 777. So I am to gather that is okay until I need to make changes, then change it back to 755? Thanks Jack

Makes sense about 755 but for some reason it throws an error saying that header_tags.php needs to be writeable at 777. So I am to gather that is okay until I need to make changes, then change it back to 755? Thanks Jack

If it causes an error, it is because your host is requiring 777. You can leave it as it is, or even chhange it to 644, until you need to make a change.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Good Morning Jack,

Just wanted to show my appreciation and say thanks for helping me walk through this contribution's installation, everything now works slick as a whistle, much in part due to your help, many thanks again. The merged lines of code worked flawlessly, although I couldn't get WinMerge to work properly for me, 'nother learning curve there I expect but that's for another day. As long as I got it done the hard way and it's working, that's fantastic and my SEO problems, at least for this site are now solved as well. Much thanks amigo...

Cheers,

DougB

Hi Jack

I need your help with the following

I found an issue with header_tags_social_bookmarks.php and ultimate_seo_urls5 outputting wrong url when used together

e.g. if I click the Add to Google button or any other the url would be http://http/shop.xxxx.com/cable-alarm-cable-core-white-p-550

The http part and product_info.php is missing from line so 404 error

It should read http://shop.xxxx.com/product_info.php/cable-alarm-cable-core-white-p-550

Once I disable the addon it then shows correct url

Any help on this please

Edited by Peper

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

I found an issue with header_tags_social_bookmarks.php and ultimate_seo_urls5 outputting wrong url when used together

e.g. if I click the Add to Google button or any other the url would be http://http/shop.xxxx.com/cable-alarm-cable-core-white-p-550

The http part and product_info.php is missing from line so 404 error

It should read http://shop.xxxx.com/product_info.php/cable-alarm-cable-core-white-p-550

I'm sorry but I don't support SEO 5 so I can't help you. If you turn it off or use Ultimate SEO V2.2d you'll find the links work properly. You will need to ask in the support thread for SEO 5 for help on this one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry but I don't support SEO 5 so I can't help you. If you turn it off or use Ultimate SEO V2.2d you'll find the links work properly. You will need to ask in the support thread for SEO 5 for help on this one.

Seems fair.

Suppose I'm not the only one with same issue using the 2 contributions together

Got it sorted however

I've changed basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] to basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] :thumbsup:

<?php
$TITLE = '';
$NAME = '';
$URL = '';

if (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO)
{
 $NAME = htmlspecialchars($product_info['products_name'], ENT_QUOTES);
 $TITLE = urlencode($product_info['products_name']);
 $URL = urlencode(StripSID(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL', false )));
}
else if (! tep_not_null($TITLE) && isset($_GET['cPath']))
{
 $parts = explode("_", $_GET['cPath']);
 $category_id = $parts[count($parts) - 1];
 $category_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
 $NAME = htmlspecialchars($category['categories_name'], ENT_QUOTES);
 $TITLE = urlencode($category['categories_name']);
 $URL = urlencode(StripSID(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $category_id , 'NONSSL', false )));
}
else 
 $URL = urlencode("http://" . StripSID(tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']))));

?>

Getting the Phoenix off the ground