• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack

I am running HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7 and it has always appeared to run ok, until today and although I have not made any changes except some Google data feeds, I am now getting the following error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in ********/htdocs/catalog/includes/header_tags.php on line 148

Any Ideas?

and how do I disable Header_tags so I can get the site working until I can upgrade it?

You should look in that file at that line to see what the problem is. My guess is that you renamed some file illegally or a hacker changed it. You can replace that file with the one from the contribution and it should fix the problem. If it is due to an illegally named file, then it will happen again as soon as the file is updated.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Looks like I may have been hacked

The following code was in header_tags.php that was not in a previous backup

// index v1.php

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_INDEX V1) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_INDEX V1)):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_INDEX V1);

break;

I will look into it and check sitemonitor more often...

Any ideas?

Phil

Hi Jack

Looks like I may have been hacked

The following code was in header_tags.php that was not in a previous backup

// index v1.php

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_INDEX V1) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_INDEX V1)):

I will look into it and check sitemonitor more often...

Any ideas?

Maybe not. A lot of people will make a backup of a file when they make a change to it. Since the name of the backup is not in the filenames file but contains header tags code, header tags will try to create an entry for it. But that results, in this case, of an invalid entry so it fails. If you are going to make backups of such files and you want to store them on the server, create a directory where they can be stored so they won't cause any problems.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

i have received this error message.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/zlunfcsz/public_html/www.chrysalis-beauty.co.uk/shopping/admin/categories.php on line 1174

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/zlunfcsz/public_html/www.chrysalis-beauty.co.uk/shopping/admin/categories.php on line 1174

this has been such a frustrating time. i have 2 sites with oscommerse. one the header tags works perfectly, the other which has the error used too. by this i mean that when i first istalled header tags seo it worked perfectly. them one day i came accross an error. i tried to fix it myself and search through the topic but i couldnt find the answer.

i am using version 2.3.1 and like i said it worked perfectly then one day didnt. could someone offer any advise on this.

the other add-ons i have are

google feed

thats it really.

any help is most welcome

i have received this error message.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/zlunfcsz/public_html/www.chrysalis-beauty.co.uk/shopping/admin/categories.php on line 1174

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/zlunfcsz/public_html/www.chrysalis-beauty.co.uk/shopping/admin/categories.php on line 1174

this has been such a frustrating time. i have 2 sites with oscommerse. one the header tags works perfectly, the other which has the error used too. by this i mean that when i first istalled header tags seo it worked perfectly. them one day i came accross an error. i tried to fix it myself and search through the topic but i couldnt find the answer.

i am using version 2.3.1 and like i said it worked perfectly then one day didnt. could someone offer any advise on this.

You could try using the included categories file to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then there is a mistake in that file and you can use the included one to find it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You could try using the included categories file to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then there is a mistake in that file and you can use the included one to find it.

sorry i do not understand the 'included categories file'. do you mean the original or in the includes file rather than admin. how would i cross check it?

forgot to mention before but i have unistalled this add-on once and re-installed it. that didnt work and i was getting the same error so i concentrated on the categories file. undid all that header tags seo said to do and then re-did it. still the same problem. if i am able to remove header tags seo and have no errors could someone suggest another keyword add-on as i seem to be having too much trouble with this, at least on one site.

sorry i do not understand the 'included categories file'. do you mean the original or in the includes file rather than admin. how would i cross check it?

Download the latestest version. Open it. Go into the admin directory for the oscommerce version you are using. Upload the categories.php file to your server and test it.

forgot to mention before but i have unistalled this add-on once and re-installed it. that didnt work and i was getting the same error so i concentrated on the categories file. undid all that header tags seo said to do and then re-did it. still the same problem. if i am able to remove header tags seo and have no errors could someone suggest another keyword add-on as i seem to be having too much trouble with this, at least on one site.

There are many contributions that allow you to add titles and meta tags. If that is all you want to do (not very useful but better than nothing), then blindly pick one. They all install easily and perform the same function. But if you are serious about improving the ranking of your shop, this contribution is the only choice.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I've uploaded the contribution and everything seems to be working properly however when I run the "Test" I get the "Duplicate title found" and the "Duplicate meta description found" error messages for hundreds of items(I sell photographs). I've gone so far as adding a unique number to each of the item listings to get these statements unique. The Messages that show under the "Duplicate Meta Description Test box" is actually the text that was entered in the "Meta Title Box" ie "Keyword1-Keyword2-Keyword3" and not the readable sentence that was entered in the Meta Description Box. This is a sample of how I entered the info.

Title Tag

Original Press Photograph-Julie Andrews-Movie:Little Miss Marker-1693

Description Tag

This Original Press Photograph featuring Julie Andrews from the movie:"Little Miss Marker" is for sale.

Keywords Tag

Original Press Photograph,Julie Andrews,Movie:Little Miss Marker,1693

What have I done wrong? Thanks for any help you can give........Bob

Jack,

I've uploaded the contribution and everything seems to be working properly however when I run the "Test" I get the "Duplicate title found" and the "Duplicate meta description found" error messages for hundreds of items(I sell photographs). I've gone so far as adding a unique number to each of the item listings to get these statements unique. The Messages that show under

Those aren't errors. They are just warnings and may not be a problem. There's nothing wrong with having duplicate titles or tags if they are correct for the items involved. If they are correct, then don't worry about them. If they are not, then you need to fix them.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack.

First of all thank you for this wonderful contribution. I installed 3.1.2 version sometime ago in my store (www.videojuegoshoracio.com). This week I decided to upgrade it. I upgraded it with every new version and it was successful until 3.1.9 version. When I tried to upgrade it to 3.2.0 version the catalog works fine but when I try log into the admin page it crashes and I get this message:

Warning: require(includes/functions/pages.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/videojuegoshoracio/www/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 75

Warning: require(includes/functions/pages.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/videojuegoshoracio/www/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 75

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/pages.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/videojuegoshoracio/www/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 75

I have tried it three times with the same result. On the upgrade instructions for 3.2.0 version it only says "Replace all admin files with the ones in catalog/admin". I have even tried to upgrade from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 to see if something changes but the same thing happens. I have replaced the 3.2.0 version with the 3.1.9 version again and it works fine. If you or someone else have any suggestions I would really apreciate it. I am not in a big hurry since it is working fine in 3.1.9 version.

Regards.

Jose

www.videojuegoshoracio.com

First of all thank you for this wonderful contribution. I installed 3.1.2 version sometime ago in my store (www.videojuegoshoracio.com). This week I decided to upgrade it. I upgraded it with every new version and it was successful until 3.1.9 version. When I tried to upgrade it to 3.2.0 version the catalog works fine but when I try log into the admin page it crashes and I get this message:

There was a mistake in that version and was corrected in later versions. As I recall, it contained the admin/includes/application_top.php file, which it shouldn't have. If you replace that file with your original, it should work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

There was a mistake in that version and was corrected in later versions. As I recall, it contained the admin/includes/application_top.php file, which it shouldn't have. If you replace that file with your original, it should work.

Thanks again Jack. That was the problem. I have update it to 3.2.3 without problem. I will try the last ones the next week.

Regards.

Jose

www.videojuegoshoracio.com

Hi jacs, Your help is needed once again on this great contribution.

I want my category's titles to appear what I type in Admin for that specific category.

Currently it appears as for example:

I type in admin > categories for sofa "My Great Sofa"

Category title appears as "My Great Sofa - and here goes the index.php title" this makes the category title very long which I don't want. So is it possible to achieve just the title of category what is typed in for title of that category and avoid the index.php title being added after that title text?

I currently have category box checked on index.php under page control.

found the answer for this question and it can be found on here if anyone is looking for the answer. (page 156 of this forum)

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/298099-header-tags-seo/page__st__3100

Edited by sahilsaid

Ok, I am still new to this html coding ... but how and where do I download the update and he file that I need for meta and header tags

They come in packages called Addons or Contributions and you can download them from that section. To get there, click on the Addons link above. To find a specific addon, there is usually a direct link in the first page of the support thread. Otherwise, you have to search the addon for the one you want.

If you haven't installed one before though, I wouldn't suggest making this one your first choice. Some addons install quite easily, while some are more difficult. This one would fall in the more difficult area, especially as a first attemtp.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I've installed HTC to a 2.3.1 OSC and the backend seems to work fine and having checked the database all the information is filled in but the site still only displays the default info.

Can you give me some pointers as to what could be the problem?

Thanks

Ashley

Hi Jack,

I've installed HTC to a 2.3.1 OSC and the backend seems to work fine and having checked the database all the information is filled in but the site still only displays the default info.

Can you give me some pointers as to what could be the problem?

Thanks

Ashley

This is the support thread for Heder Tags SEO, not Header Tags Controller. If you actually installed HTC, it is no longer supported. If that was a mistake, then

Did you run fill tags?

Did you run the test routine?

Did you edit the index page in Page Control?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is the support thread for Heder Tags SEO, not Header Tags Controller. If you actually installed HTC, it is no longer supported. If that was a mistake, then

Did you run fill tags?

Did you run the test routine?

Did you edit the index page in Page Control?

Sorry i meant Header Tags SEO V 3.2.5.

Yes i ran the fill tags and looking at the database it's done that.

The tests say:

Title and Meta Tag results for index.php explain

English

From Site:

Title ->

Meta Description ->

Meta Keywords ->

From Settings:

Title ->

Meta Description ->

Meta Keywords ->

Results of scan:

index.php is missing data. Fill Tags should be ran.

I edited the index.php file to take out the defaults.

Hello, Jack!

Your great SEO is little bit complicated for me to trace.

I just find:

1. <title>default_title - - product_title </title> ,

2.<meta name="Description" content="default_description - - product_description"/> , and

3. <meta name="Keywords" content="default_keyword , , product_keyword" />

It seems the above are the same results from strings concatenation by injecting duplicated separating symbols. Is that right?

Which part or function is dealing with the above?

crying.gif

YaNotCook !!

The tests say:

Title and Meta Tag results for index.php explain

English

From Site:

Title ->

Meta Description ->

Meta Keywords ->

From Settings:

Title ->

Meta Description ->

Meta Keywords ->

Results of scan:

index.php is missing data. Fill Tags should be ran.

The above means there isn't any title or meta tag data for the home page. If you removed the text from the boxes for index.php in page control and didn't add anything else, then that is correct. What happens when you go to a product page? Do you have any checkboxes checked for either of those files in page control?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello, Jack!

Your great SEO is little bit complicated for me to trace.

I just find:

1. <title>default_title - - product_title </title> ,

2.<meta name="Description" content="default_description - - product_description"/> , and

3. <meta name="Keywords" content="default_keyword , , product_keyword" />

It seems the above are the same results from strings concatenation by injecting duplicated separating symbols. Is that right?

Which part or function is dealing with the above?

crying.gif

I'm sorry but I don't understand the question. But - - in the title or tags means you have some option enabled but don't have data entered for it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The above means there isn't any title or meta tag data for the home page. If you removed the text from the boxes for index.php in page control and didn't add anything else, then that is correct. What happens when you go to a product page? Do you have any checkboxes checked for either of those files in page control?

But it also says to run fill tags, that has been run and worked.

Maybe i've missed something, i thought that if there was nothing in the default box's then it would use the information that had been filled in by the fill tags process. So if a category had no defaults it would revert to the tags for that category?

But it also says to run fill tags, that has been run and worked.

Maybe i've missed something, i thought that if there was nothing in the default box's then it would use the information that had been filled in by the fill tags process. So if a category had no defaults it would revert to the tags for that category?

No, that's not how it works. In page control for index.php, click on the category box if you want the category pages to use the entries in the database. Setting up the checkboxes is explained in one of the doc files that come with the contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack and thanks for all your work on your contributions.

I am installing header tags seo on osc V2.3.1.

I have successfully installed the database and have transfered the relevant files from the catalog folder. I am now doing stop 1 in the file changes which is to find in includes/template_top.php:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

change to:

<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
 <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
?>

my problem is that I do not have that code written as above, I have similar code which is:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>" />
<title><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($oscTemplate->getTitle()); ?></title>

I have not amended includes/template_top.php for any other contribution so can you advise on what is happening here?

I did try to do the folowing:

<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>" />
<title><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($oscTemplate->getTitle()); ?></title>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
?>

but it broke my shop.

Thanks for your help

Michael