• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I'm glad you didn't. It is annoying to others trying to find answers to their problems.

The code is not correct. The code for loading the title from Header Tags is there but it is being overwritten by the other title string. If you compare your file to the one in the contribution, you should be able to find the problem.

Never mind, i thought i had it sorted out... But all ive done is discover the actual issue.

In admin, if the default page settings are filled in, individual title details do not work at all.

If however, i delete text from the default title field and then start selecting options for Header Tags to generate the titles for product_info.php then all but one (model number) fail to work. Ive tried any number of combinations. Basically the titles for the individual products read as follows "c123.4124525 - Stoves"

When i am wanting them to say "Frigidaire Stove - c123.4124525" OR Manufacturer - Type - Model

Im stumped.

I am trying to install the lastest version of header tags. I cheked and i have "header_tag_general.php" in my admin/includes/functions directory.

Also i have line in my admin/includes/functions/general.php that should load that file

}

function tep_call_function($function, $parameter, $object = '') {

In "Instal Catalog" installation note:

"The Search Engine Frienly" must be off.

In my admin control panel (admin->>configuration) no field "The search engine frienly"

I have example- "use search engine safe urls"

You've posted the tep_call_function code twice. It is not part of Header Tags so it seems you aren't reading the instructions correctly as you seem confused on the functions.

You can't have the search engine friendly option enabled to use Header Tags SEO.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Never mind, i thought i had it sorted out... But all ive done is discover the actual issue.

In admin, if the default page settings are filled in, individual title details do not work at all.

If however, i delete text from the default title field and then start selecting options for Header Tags to generate the titles for product_info.php then all but one (model number) fail to work. Ive tried any number of combinations. Basically the titles for the individual products read as follows "c123.4124525 - Stoves"

When i am wanting them to say "Frigidaire Stove - c123.4124525" OR Manufacturer - Type - Model

Im stumped.

No, you don't need to turn off the default settings. They should normally be turned off but don't have to be. My guess is that you haven't set up the page control options for the porduct page, assuming the previous problem with the extra code has been fixed. There are examples of how to setup the options included with the contribution or quite a few explanations in this thread.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for Yours quick reply!

I am trying to install the lastest version of header tags. I cheked and i have "header_tag_general.php" in my admin/includes/functions directory.

Also i have line in my admin/includes/functions/general.php that should load that file

}

function tep_call_function($function, $parameter, $object = '') {

if ($object == '') {

return call_user_func($function, $parameter);

} elseif (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

return call_user_method($function, $object, $parameter);

} else {

return call_user_func(array($object, $function), $parameter);

}

P.S

In "Instal Catalog" installation note:

"The Search Engine Frienly" must be off.

In my admin control panel (admin->>configuration) no field "The search engine frienly"

I have example- "use search engine safe urls"

Any ideas! Many Thanks!

Thank You!

You do not understand me, I do not have at all "The search engine friendly" So I even haven't got chance to change to "enable" or "disable"

You do not understand me, I do not have at all "The search engine friendly" So I even haven't got chance to change to "enable" or "disable"

All oscommerce shops have that setting, though I suppose someone could have removed it from your settings. You could run the Header Tags test routine to be sure though since it will mention if it is on.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

Has anyone experienced the following error?

Failed to open file: /var/www/html/includes/header_tags.php

This happens in the admin area only on header_tags_seo.php.

Header Tags work on product pages but not on index pages.

The last contribution I remember installing before HTSEO stopped working was All Products SEO, which is not compatible with OSC 2.3.1.

Thanks for your support.

Edited by discxpress

Has anyone experienced the following error?

This happens in the admin area only on header_tags_seo.php.

Header Tags work on product pages but not on index pages.

The error is saying it can't find that file. I don't see how it could not be there if it doesn't fail on all pages though. All I can suggest is that you replace that file. Maybe it is corrupted in some way. When you do that, also go into Page Control so the file gets rebuilt.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The error is saying it can't find that file. I don't see how it could not be there if it doesn't fail on all pages though. All I can suggest is that you replace that file. Maybe it is corrupted in some way. When you do that, also go into Page Control so the file gets rebuilt.

Jack,

Thanks for the fast reply. I tried your suggestion but no change. I know its something that I've done. Maybe it's something to do with me trying to install Facebook Connect but couldn't get that working properly. Do you think it could have something to do with application_top or template_top?

Thanks

Jack,

Thanks for the fast reply. I tried your suggestion but no change. I know its something that I've done. Maybe it's something to do with me trying to install Facebook Connect but couldn't get that working properly. Do you think it could have something to do with application_top or template_top?

Thanks

Could be. There are completed files in the package that you can use to compare and test against.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

wonderful contribution, thank you

i just have a question maybe someone can point me to the right direction

i installed the meta tag contrib. and it all works well, my question is, on all my categories and item title tags, after the main title, instead of stopping, it displays the rest of my home page title tags, how can i make it not display this? here is the example.

http://www.snazzycat.com/boulder-opal-beads-c-176.html

title tag is <title>Boulder Opal Beads - Beads sterling silver swarovski crystal glass beasd</title> where it should be JUST Boulder Opal Beads

any advice?

thanks so much

i installed the meta tag contrib. and it all works well, my question is, on all my categories and item title tags, after the main title, instead of stopping, it displays the rest of my home page title tags, how can i make it not display this? here is the example.

http://www.snazzycat.com/boulder-opal-beads-c-176.html

title tag is <title>Boulder Opal Beads - Beads sterling silver swarovski crystal glass beasd</title> where it should be JUST Boulder Opal Beads

I don' see the title you mention but I do see dashes after "Boulder Opal Beads." That means you are telling Header Tags to use an empty field, which isn't a good idea. My guess is that you have the root checkbox checked in Page Control for the index.php file. Try unchecking that and see if it clears it up.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Thanks

I updated the page control and it seems to be working. I just don't understand why the error still showing. I just remembered that I installed Easypopulate for V2.3 a couple of days ago. So I will check the files to see if it has any file changes on the same files as HTSEO.

Thanks.

Hi again Jack,

now im trying to change the headers manager to KissMT for the other languages based on the language selected by user and the users browser language. But I dont know how to make works. If anyone?

// ****BOF Laguage Redirect ***********************
if (!isset($langue_user) && !isset($_SESSION["ch_langue"])){
$langue_user=substr($_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"], 0, 2);
switch($langue_user){
// Browser English		
case "en":
$_SESSION["ch_langue"] = "es";
header ("Location: http://www. myweb .com/web.php/es");
// include_once(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'kiss_meta_tags/kiss_meta_tags.php');
break;
//  Browser  Euskara 		
case "eu":
$_SESSION["ch_langue"] = "eu";
header ("Location: http://www. myweb .com/web.php/eu");
// include_once(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'kiss_meta_tags/kiss_meta_tags.php');
break;  
// DEFAULT -  Browser Caso del navegador cuya lengua no es ninguna en los casos precedents			
default:
$_SESSION["ch_langue"] = "en";
header ("http://www. myweb .com/web.php");
// require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
break;
}
}
//***************EOF Language Redirect********************************

In other hand I have a problem with one meta generated by Header tags Seo 3.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en" >

This meta is suposed to be acordingly to the page content.

Is refered to this code:

if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) { $langName = explode(",", $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]); echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="' . $langName[0] . '" >'."\n"; }

This meta (en, es, or eu codes) only changes when the browser language of the customers is diferent. It dont change acording to the page language is intended to!!! :o

Is this right??

I jet fixed like adding a line in the diferent languajes:

// Global entries for the <html> tag
define('HTML_PARAMS','dir="LTR" lang="eu"');

// definir codigo meta del lenguaje
define('METACODE', 'eu');

// charset for web pages and emails
define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

And replacing to:

// if ($defaultTags['meta_language']) { $langName = explode(",", $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]); echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="' . $langName[0] . '" >'."\n"; }
if ($defaultTags['meta_language'])  echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="' . METACODE . '" >' . "\n";

Is this right??

Does this addon work with ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media?

If it does, then one compliment eachother, no?

Nevermind, I have successfully installed it to a heavily modified OsCommerce. It works flawlessly, I am surprised nothing went wrong!

But, I have two other folders in my catalog root that I would like Header Tags SEO to be able to read and display the meta tags. I of course added the code to the head tag of those files, but it seems Header Tags SEO is only able to read the catalog root.

Is it possible to easily modify this, or no? You can think about adding this functionality in the future. For now, I'll edit these pages outside the root directory and add the meta tags manually.

Edited by here2learn

With PDF Upload contribution, in product_info.php:

<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_MANUALS . $product_info['products_pdfupload']) . '"target="_blank"><b>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_PDFUPLOAD . '</b></a>';

USU5 gives an incorrect url with diferent languages:

http://www. myweb .com/manuals/manualx.pdf/eu

Hi Jack,

I got a wierd issue. The category tags I add in the admin disappear over night!

Any idea what would make them reset and default to the category title name in each field?

Has anyone combined this with the Front Page contribution. When I installed the index.php file under the Install_Catalog.txt it disabled the setting on my Home page. In comparing the two files there really is only four or five differences between the two but I'm just learning PHP so I'm not sure about the changes. If someone has already done this could you send me the updated file. Thanks....Bob

Hi

This is my 1st Website I have built using Oscommerce so Im a newby.

I am using Oscommerce V2.2 RC2, but not a new shop, I have been working on this template for a couple of months now, so have made quite a lot of changes..

Since this is not a new site, I assumed I should instal all the files from the folder: catalog

Is this correct?

I am now trying to follow the instruction on the file: Install_Catalog.txt

My 1st problem is:

I am not sure what to do here with this instruction:

FILE CHANGES:

1) ******** NOTE: STS USERS ONLY - Skip to step 1A. *********

******** NOTE: BTS USERS ONLY - Skip to step 1B. *********

Your shop is an STS shop if there is an includes/sts_templates/ directory.

Your shop is a BTS shop if there is a templates directory in the root directory.

I have looked in my includes folder and I don't see anything named sts_templates

I have also looked in my root directory and I do not have a templates directory either.

So what instructions should I be following?

Problem 2

I have looked in my index.php and product_info.php files for the following txt:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

I can't find this txt anywhere on either file.

So what should I do?

Regards

Carlene

But, I have two other folders in my catalog root that I would like Header Tags SEO to be able to read and display the meta tags. I of course added the code to the head tag of those files, but it seems Header Tags SEO is only able to read the catalog root.

Is it possible to easily modify this, or no? You can think about adding this functionality in the future. For now, I'll edit these pages outside the root directory and add the meta tags manually.

No, it only works for the shop it is installed into.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I got a wierd issue. The category tags I add in the admin disappear over night!

Any idea what would make them reset and default to the category title name in each field?

If you change the tags and then re-check them and they are OK, then the code is working correctly. If they are being changed at some point after that, something must be changing your database, which is where that data is stored. I've no idea what that might be though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

This is my 1st Website I have built using Oscommerce so Im a newby.

I am using Oscommerce V2.2 RC2, but not a new shop, I have been working on this template for a couple of months now, so have made quite a lot of changes..

Since this is not a new site, I assumed I should instal all the files from the folder: catalog

Is this correct?

No, copying the files are only for new shops. If your shop has been edited, then copying the files will most likely break it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I am running HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7 and it has always appeared to run ok, until today and although I have not made any changes except some Google data feeds, I am now getting the following error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in ********/htdocs/catalog/includes/header_tags.php on line 148

Any Ideas?

and how do I disable Header_tags so I can get the site working until I can upgrade it?

Phil