on the page control

Select an Option = index.php

index.php - Russian

Product: [checked]10

root: [checked] 1

index.php - Polish

Product: [not selected] empty

root: [not selected] empty

So it works in Russian but not in Polish and the settings are different. Have you considered making the settings the same to see what happens?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

So it works in Russian but not in Polish and the settings are different. Have you considered making the settings the same to see what happens?

no - I try now

on the page control

index.php - Russian

index.php - Polish

Product: [not selected] empty

I did everything correctly?

He still does not work (

Edited by shuhrat10

Now it does not work when viewing the goods

http://nano4life.info/Kruzhka-HuaShen-dlya-vody-p-104.html?language=pl

here works well - http://nano4life.info/lecznicza-czapeczka-p-120.html?language=ru

but does not work here - http://nano4life.info/Lechebnaya-shapka-p-120.html?language=pl

in other places like normal

Edited by shuhrat10

Now I am set

index.php - Russian

index.php - Polish

Product: [checked] 10

root: [checked] 4

Now everything works well - that means Product:10

I am add new language - now I try test

and have this message

languages in the Header Tags table are: 5 ( english ).

languages in the Header Tags table are: 4 ( Polish ).

can you explained to me that this is - and how to remove?

Thanks

I am add new language - now I try test

and have this message

languages in the Header Tags table are: 5 ( english ).

languages in the Header Tags table are: 4 ( Polish ).

can you explained to me that this is - and how to remove?

Thanks

It means there are entries in the Header Tags Default table for languages that aren't in your system. You would have to edit that table to remove them, though it won't hurt to leave as is.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I am in Page Control and in the product_info.php page option. I am thinking that I need to click the radio button to generate keywords based upon what is currently in the description for each of my products when I run Fill Tags and click Yes to over-ride the defauls. I get this error on clicking the radio button in Page Control - *** No keywords found for this page: product_info.php?language=en

There is a page shop/product_info.php?language=en on my site so have I done something wrong in the setup of ither the shop or Header Tags?

Also am I following the correct procedure to generate keywords in this way?

I am in Page Control and in the product_info.php page option. I am thinking that I need to click the radio button to generate keywords based upon what is currently in the description for each of my products when I run Fill Tags and click Yes to over-ride the defauls. I get this error on clicking the radio button in Page Control - *** No keywords found for this page: product_info.php?language=en

There is a page shop/product_info.php?language=en on my site so have I done something wrong in the setup of ither the shop or Header Tags?

Also am I following the correct procedure to generate keywords in this way?

There is a setting to control the number of keywords picked. There also has to be text on the page. And words not considered relevant are ignored. I don't recommend using this though. Dynamic generation of keywords is not a good idea and the meta tags contributions that offer it, including this one, generate keywords that shouldn't be there and/or too many of them.

For best results, you should first run fill tags to get the basic keywords entered. Many sites just use that option and their products and categories index well. If they are not what you want at that point, then the keywords should be changed manually and only be ones that are specific to the page.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There is a setting to control the number of keywords picked. There also has to be text on the page. And words not considered relevant are ignored. I don't recommend using this though. Dynamic generation of keywords is not a good idea and the meta tags contributions that offer it, including this one, generate keywords that shouldn't be there and/or too many of them.

For best results, you should first run fill tags to get the basic keywords entered. Many sites just use that option and their products and categories index well. If they are not what you want at that point, then the keywords should be changed manually and only be ones that are specific to the page.

Thanks for that Jack. I have mine set to the product ttitle and category, plus my default words in Page Control, so I'll see how that gets on with the SEs smile.gif

Have you run fill tags yet?

Yes, everything is working fine except for the Welcome... text not appearing on index.php

I'm sure it is something I've done but the code seems to be in the right place on index.php so this should be appearing.

Yes, everything is working fine except for the Welcome... text not appearing on index.php

I'm sure it is something I've done but the code seems to be in the right place on index.php so this should be appearing.

Header Tags doesn't change the welcome text so it is something you did. There is an edited index file in the package which you can use to compare against yours to find the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am still getting the "Replace me in Page Control under index.php" title, i have looked at my DB and there's no similar data in it, why is this title still active? I have added an new title, and i can see it in the db but its not displayed on the page.

It's not possible that I can see. The only place that text is used is in page control.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I've done a boo boo somewhere along the line during installation.

Its a new store with very little modification, this is the first add on I've installed so I know it must of been something I did wrong.

Everything seems to be working on the admin side but on the index page of my site I get this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 312

I've done a boo boo somewhere along the line during installation.

Its a new store with very little modification, this is the first add on I've installed so I know it must of been something I did wrong.

Everything seems to be working on the admin side but on the index page of my site I get this error

Fatal error[/b]: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 312

It's not a mistake you've made. The code in Header Tags is just causing a coding problem in your shop to show up. The fix can be found here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's not a mistake you've made. The code in Header Tags is just causing a coding problem in your shop to show up. The fix can be found here.

Thanks Jack,

I pulled my site up this morning & it was there! lol Not sure what happened there, as all I got last night was the error. I've

kept the fix just in case :)

Thanks

I pulled my site up this morning & it was there! lol Not sure what happened there, as all I got last night was the error. I've

The fix should be applied no matter what. Not having it can cause problems in the database.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack,

Thanks

No worries, will do, thanks

Jack,

I installed OSC to CSS in it's own protected directory for testing purposes only. Demo site states that Header Tags SEO will work with this contribution. There is one step which I have been working on which is giving me a little headache.

My question is, in your instructions for catalog side -> step 3 (index.php) -> section four (around line 247). Is this the code that places the manufacturers description at top above manufacturers listing of products?

I know OSC to CSS was not created by you. Because I just do not see where to insert this code.

Thanks for your time.

My question is, in your instructions for catalog side -> step 3 (index.php) -> section four (around line 247). Is this the code that places the manufacturers description at top above manufacturers listing of products?

Yes, that is correct.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Firstly many thanks for such a great contribution. I have it working on my live site apart from the double // at the end of the canonical link, which i've read you saying will be fixed in the next version so that's fine.

The problem i'm having is with header tags seo on my local server. When i go to "Page control" in admin their are never any files in the "select a file" drop down. The only error i'm getting is the file permissions for includes/header_tags.php, which is set correctly but the error persists. My setup is Apache server on windows vista. I have checked the includes/configure.php files on admin side and catalog side and all file paths seem correct. I have looked in admin/header_tags.php but can't see anything wrong. I am on a fresh install on RC2a. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the database tables but that didn't do anything.

Also (i assume related to the same problem as on "page control") When i go to header_tags_test.php in admin there are no files in the select a file drop down there either.

I noticed back in the thread someone had a similar issue and it seemed to have you stumped but he/she went away without saying if they had solved it. I tried putting the echo you suggested to someone else in header_tags_test.php to print the file paths but as there are no files there at all it shows nothing.

When i click the test button (with nothing selected because no files are there) i get the following:

Test Results

Permissions Error: explain

Permissions settings for the C:/wamp/www/mysite/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

Extra File Error: explain

The C:/wamp/www/mysite/headertags_seo_install.php file is present and should be removed.

The C:/wamp/www/mysite/headertags_seo_uninstall.php file is present and should be removed.

Missing Code in File explain

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

I know i need to remove the install/uninstall files thats fine. The code

<?php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

?>

is installed correctly on all those files that it is saying it isn't. The meta tags are also showing correctly when i view "page source" in my browser on every diffect type of page on my site.

I really want to get this working so i can work on my tags before uploading to the live site. Please could you shed any light on this please.

Right i think ive worked it out. To clarify from my post above i actually have the code

<?php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

?>

in the includes/header.php file with a call to the includes/header.php in every file in the root directory. It works abit like the BTS template so i only need to put the code in one file instead of every file in the root. This is why the meta tags are showing on the catalog side but no files are being picked up in the select a file dropdown in page control on the admin side. When i move the code from includes/header.php directly into my root files then they are picked up in the select a file dropdown of page control.

So how do i get header tags seo to recognise that i have the code installed when it's in includes/header.php instead of the root files. How does header tags seo work for people with the BTS template? I need it to work to same on my setup but instead of looking in main_page.tpl i need it to look in includes/header.php instead. Thanks.

So how do i get header tags seo to recognise that i have the code installed when it's in includes/header.php instead of the root files. How does header tags seo work for people with the BTS template? I need it to work to same on my setup but instead of looking in main_page.tpl i need it to look in includes/header.php instead. Thanks.

You'll have to edit the code to search the includes/header_tags.php file if you want to use that method. BTS uses one file to replace the <head> section in all of the files. What you are doing is including the code after the <head> section which is, at least technically, incorrect. I'm not sure how the search engines will deal with pages that don't have the ttile and tags where they belong but I suspect it will hurt your results.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You'll have to edit the code to search the includes/header_tags.php file if you want to use that method. BTS uses one file to replace the <head> section in all of the files. What you are doing is including the code after the <head> section which is, at least technically, incorrect. I'm not sure how the search engines will deal with pages that don't have the ttile and tags where they belong but I suspect it will hurt your results.

Hi Jack,

Many thanks for getting back to me. Basically all i have done is move the <head> section out of the indiviual root files and put it at the top of includes/header.php file. So the meta tags code is inside the <head> section and in one file just like BTS only I have just bypassed all the messing about with BTS and came up with a different way that essentially does the same thing. The require line that calls the includes/header.php file from the root files is called before anything else as well and everything appears correct on the catalog side so i think everything is in order.

How do i edit the code to search for the includes/header_tags.php file? Do you mean search for the includes/header.php file? I'm not after a blow by blow explanation if it's long winded, if you could just point us in the right direction to get me started that would be great.

Just to check i've moved the <head> section of the code from includes/header.php back into the individual root files and everything is working 100% so if i can fix this bit it would be perfect. Cheers.

Edited by annuity100

How do i edit the code to search for the includes/header_tags.php file? Do you mean search for the includes/header.php file? I'm not after a blow by blow explanation if it's long winded, if you could just point us in the right direction to get me started that would be great.

I'm sorry but I don't offer support for such changes.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons