• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I've installed it all fine but when I run test I get following errors:

Missing Code in File  explain
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

Did you try clicking on the explain link?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack for all your help and contributions.... seems your a real help here. They're (everyone) is lucky to have you around to help for FREE!

Where is your donate button?

Anyhow.

Today I tried adding and modifying the files for Header Tags SEO and most of the content in the files that are required to be changed are not in my files or I can't find anything close to changing/modifying them. Of course I back everything up, but I am using a custom template and am very concerned about modifying files that are not even close to anything in your instructions.

Are there any other options for improving header tags and even meta tags? I'm not looking for a quick fix... I'm looking for something that works without all the modifying. (sounds kinda silly)

Thanks again.

That "Can" you're about to open... has worms!

Don't say I didn't worn ya.

n. pl. cans of worms Informal - A source of unforeseen and troublesome complexity.

Thanks Jack for all your help and contributions.... seems your a real help here. They're (everyone) is lucky to have you around to help for FREE!

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Where is your donate button?

I don't ask for donations. It's my way of giving back to the community.

Anyhow.

Today I tried adding and modifying the files for Header Tags SEO and most of the content in the files that are required to be changed are not in my files or I can't find anything close to changing/modifying them. Of course I back everything up, but I am using a custom template and am very concerned about modifying files that are not even close to anything in your instructions.

Yes, that is becoming more and more common with the template makers.

Are there any other options for improving header tags and even meta tags? I'm not looking for a quick fix... I'm looking for something that works without all the modifying. (sounds kinda silly)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean "for improving header tags and even meta tags," but if you mean is there a way to do it that will work with your shop, then, yes. There are other meta tags contributions, though none of them come close providing the benefits that Header Tags SEO does. If you are serious about making your shop successful, you'll need to figure out a way to make Header Tags work with your shop. It will work in any oscommerce shop, even ones greatly modified by template designers, but it is not always easy.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

ok... you convinced me.

I'll get started. (again)

Thanks.

n. pl. cans of worms Informal - A source of unforeseen and troublesome complexity.

Problem....

Not sure which contribution created this issue.

This contrib... or google sitemap seo.

It only does this for one item... very odd???

Just found it after clicking and checking for issues on the site.

When I go to the -mysite.com/reviews.php on my site which displays all the items that have reviews... and when I click on this one item to view the review the page then reads this:

Not Found

The requested URL /all-products.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This is what is displayed in the address bar:

-http://mysite.com/my-product-title-is-in-this-area-pri-61.html?reviews_id=10

It also stats the same thing after I write a review for this one item... however the review does get added when I click submit... because after navigating away from the error page and back to my site it shows the review that I just wrote.

Again, when I try and read the review the error shows up.

I even tried deleting and adding as new product then trying the process over again... same results.

Thanks.

This is what is displayed in the address bar:

Not Found

The requested URL /all-products.php was not found on this server.

That an error for one of the all products contributions. You'll need to figure outwhich one you are using and ask in its support thread. Also, while checking Header Tags, it is a good idea to turn off the url rewriter contribution if you are having problems to make sure that is not clouding the issue.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack.

Couldn't find what was causing the error.

I deleted the category along with the product inside it.

I created a new category.. and added the product back in. Ensuring to use different "product name" and "model number". (just to be sure).

Question for ya.

What's your thoughts/opinions/suggestion on this info here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/313323-how-to-secure-your-site/

I've done a few things as suggested, but what would you recommend.... if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.

Thanks Jack.

What's your thoughts/opinions/suggestion on this info here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/313323-how-to-secure-your-site/

I've done a few things as suggested, but what would you recommend.... if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind the question but it doesn't belong in this thread. Some of the contributions/changes mentioned in that thread are must haves. Others are not.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I have problems with USU5 and HeaderTags SEO working together.

All pages are working fine but product_info.php is'nt filling out nothing, not the Title, Description or Keywords.

When I turn off USU5, product_info.php is working fine as everything else, so it seems like something is wrong with these two addons working together.

Is there someone that have had same problem or someone that could help me fixing this annoying error?

Regards

Johga

Edited by Johga

I have problems with USU5 and HeaderTags SEO working together.

All pages are working fine but product_info.php is'nt filling out nothing, not the Title, Description or Keywords.

When I turn off USU5, product_info.php is working fine as everything else, so it seems like something is wrong with these two addons working together.

Is there someone that have had same problem or someone that could help me fixing this annoying error?

The problems are due to that contribution have been covered here many times. Please read back through the thread or use google to search for the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry but this is going to be a silly question for many of you. I'm interested in another contrib that requires this one. What is the purpose and scope of this contrib? Does this rewrite the url's? Does this contrib conflict with the default 2.2r2 seo option? Basically I'm wondering the technical benefit of installing thus contrib.

Thank you for your time

I'm sorry but this is going to be a silly question for many of you. I'm interested in another contrib that requires this one. What is the purpose and scope of this contrib? Does this rewrite the url's? Does this contrib conflict with the default 2.2r2 seo option? Basically I'm wondering the technical benefit of installing thus contrib.

In order for a site to place well in the search engine listings, you have to perform what is called SEO (Search Engine Optimization) on the site. There are many things involved with that but this contribution provides the most benefit of any of the others. It doesn't rewrite the url's. That is handled by one of the url rewriter contributions. See my signature for the recommended one. By the "default 2.2r2 seo option," I assume you mean the Search Engine Friendly option since there isn't any other code in a stock oscommerce shop. That option should never be used. It will provide url's that are poorly formatted for SEO and can cause many contributions added to the shop, or even the shop itself, not to work. Many shop owners that install this contribution notice an increase in traffic after a few weeks, based on posts in this thread and my own experience with installing it into shops.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack ! thanks a lot for this very complete contribution !

I am installing it today and things seemed to be working fine until... I clicked on the categories of my admin interface ;)I end up with a syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF (what a joy ! ;) )

I have carefully re-read all instructions and I know that categories.php is the toughest to adapt... it seems that my problem is beyond just checking the merging of files as it involves another contribution which is "Simple multi image addon" that I had installed previously. Header tag SEO and multi image addon codes overlap at times and especially there...

Here is the original OSCommerce code :

Around line 679, find this section of code in admin/categories.php

<?php
 } elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {
   if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
     $pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
     $products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];
     $products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];
     $products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];
  } else {
     $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");
     $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

Here is what I have with Multi image add-on

} else {
//	Simple multi image addon
     $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_array, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

$pInfo = new objectInfo($product);
     $products_image_name = $pInfo->products_image;
		$products_image_array = unserialize($product['products_image_array']);
     if (!is_array($products_image_array)) $products_image_array = array();

}
// EOF Simple multi image addon

Here is what I am supposed to inject in the file ...

<!-- /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ //-->     
<?php
     $products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];
     $products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];
     $products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];
   } else {
     $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

And here is what I tried to do with Header tag SEO code and Multi image addon code...

<?php
   } else {
     $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

}

I hope you can help in merging these two correctly... thanks in advance !

Florence

I am installing it today and things seemed to be working fine until... I clicked on the categories of my admin interface ;)I end up with a syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF (what a joy ! ;) )

I have carefully re-read all instructions and I know that categories.php is the toughest to adapt... it seems that my problem is beyond just checking the merging of files as it involves another contribution which is "Simple multi image addon" that I had installed previously. Header tag SEO and multi image addon codes overlap at times and especially there...

I hope you can help in merging these two correctly... thanks in advance !

The merge you did looks fine. Sometimes an error is not at the location indicated in the error. You can try two things. Remove all changes in the categories file and add them one at a time, checking the file with a page load each time. Download WinMerge, which is free, and use it to compare your file with the one in the contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Great Work Jack,

:)

i have installed Your Mod. I have 4 languages in my site. Now I see that this mod dosent work for 2 languages. I have filled all tags . I use 3.2.2 version . For another 2 languages - Bulgarian work the title, keywords and description in product info page but the category description dosen work. For English work only

the category description . Can U help me?

Regards

i have installed Your Mod. I have 4 languages in my site. Now I see that this mod dosent work for 2 languages. I have filled all tags . I use 3.2.2 version . For another 2 languages - Bulgarian work the title, keywords and description in product info page but the category description dosen work. For English work only

the category description . Can U help me?

Did you run the test function as mentioned in the docs? If so, please post the results. Did you look in the products edit page to see if the description for the other languages is filled in?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The merge you did looks fine. Sometimes an error is not at the location indicated in the error. You can try two things. Remove all changes in the categories file and add them one at a time, checking the file with a page load each time. Download WinMerge, which is free, and use it to compare your file with the one in the contribution.

Thanks Jack

I actually went step by step to copy and paste the code into categories, and used winmerge for the particular pieces of code linked to Multi image add-on. Now I can access the main categories, subcategories and browse through my products, but I cannot VIEW a product page, EDIT an existing product or ADD a new product : when I click, it just brings me back to my main list of categories... I have no idea where the mistake can be hidden... any hint ?

thanks a lot

florence

PS just for the benefit of others here are the pieces of code with Multi image and Header tags SEO mixed together, in two instances...

// Simple multi image addon
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
// Simple multi image addon and Header tags SEO
     $product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_array, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
// EOF Simple multi image addon	and Header tag SEO

<?php
   } else {
     $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_array, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

}

Edited by augustinparis

I actually went step by step to copy and paste the code into categories, and used winmerge for the particular pieces of code linked to Multi image add-on. Now I can access the main categories, subcategories and browse through my products, but I cannot VIEW a product page, EDIT an existing product or ADD a new product : when I click, it just brings me back to my main list of categories... I have no idea where the mistake can be hidden... any hint ?

Any problem you are having with products and categories in admin is due to the changes to the admin/catagories.php file so the problem is still there. To verify that, upload the included file and make sure you can edit and add products.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I was in the process of adding this contribution but noted a lot of the pieces of code being referenced when installing the catalog portion of index.php is actually not present in my index.php.

I am using a template and the code for line 78, 247, 298 & 345 is missing. Does this mean I can't use header tags successfully?

I have left installation as is need to know if I should continue or not.

Edited by sarafina

Contributions installed: Purchase without Account / STS/ All Products/ Header Tags Controller

I was in the process of adding this contribution but noted a lot of the pieces of code being referenced when installing the catalog portion of index.php is actually not present in my index.php.

I am using a template and the code for line 78, 247, 298 & 345 is missing. Does this mean I can't use header tags successfully?

I have left installation as is need to know if I should continue or not.

Like any contribution, this one is written for a stock oscommerce shop. It will work in any that has been edited but you have to adjust the code. In a case of a template where the template designers destroyed the structure of the code, which is most of them, it can be a difficult job, but not impossible.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, as im sure its you who will answer, thanks for all your help so far, ive just managed to completely install this hell of a beast locally so i cant show you my issue, but when i click on a category in the category box it loads the page full screen instead of my format of like 3/4, any ideas how i can fix this,

for example if this was my screen[] this is how the category pages load[000000] where as my main site loads like with a border around [0000]

Thanks in Advance

Edited by c.bowley2

Jack, as im sure its you who will answer, thanks for all your help so far, ive just managed to completely install this hell of a beast locally so i cant show you my issue, but when i click on a category in the category box it loads the page full screen instead of my format of like 3/4, any ideas how i can fix this,

for example if this was my screen[] this is how the category pages load[000000] where as my main site loads like with a border around [0000]

The answer depends upon how you installed it. If you uploaded the completed files from the contribution, then it is because they are not formatted like your original files are and you will have to edit those. If you made the changes manually, then you've most likely made a mistake. If the problem is on one page, like the product page, then the problem is with the changes to that file. If it is with all files, then it is probably something common to them. Also, if you have the column box and/or silo options enabled, then it could be those that are causing the problem. And if you missed adding some definition, the long defined name would be used instead of the actual text and that can cause such a problem. If this is the case, then you should see text on the page all in capital letters.

If you can't determine the problem with the above, then you will need to restore your files on the shop side (just the root files) and re-install the changes one at a time, checking after each one until the problem shows up, or it is completed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack, I am having trouble with the social booking portion of Header Tags SE0 V 3.2.2. When the pages are bookmarked it uses the title in the <h1> tag, I would like the page to be bookmarked using the title in meta tag title, as it is much more descriptive.

Is this possible? If so what do I have to change?

Thank you for reply :-) i had to install it manually as its already getting customised and im pretty suprised ive made it this far :-).

It only happens when i visit the category links then view and individual product page, so i guess its a problem with the products page. also noticed my headers and footers disapear from this page also for any prouduct viewed. no other pages have any real issues except your other contributions i installed in your sig like the specials and all products show the title outside my inner border where all the category pages show it above this link to show if it helps

http://img687.imageshack.us/g/scrshot.png/

one other thing to note i doubt its related but on my test copy in the admin portal and click on header tags seo i also get

Failed to open file: C:/wamp/www/info.php along the top as this is locally in windows it cant be perms, to note the file is blank which im not sure it supposed to be