• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I checked and I didn't change it... I saw it, but it sounded strange, so I didn't upload the file.

Header Tags doesn't change the configuration file so if it was working before the update, you made some mistake that caused the problem. I've no way to say what that is since it has nothing to do with Header Tags. You may need to restore the files to their state before the update, make sure the site works correctly, and then try the update again.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I've got a new problem, after i start the Header Tag Seo test after I use fill tags, it show me many of duplicate title and duplikate discription. Can someone tell me what I do wrong and how i can fix this porblem? :blush:

That is usually caused by linked or duplicate products. Take one of the titles it lists, go to your shop and do a search on it. If there is more than one item returned, that's what it is. If not, then the database would have to be searched to resolve it. I'll add this on the list for a future change but, for now, that is what you need to do.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

hi and thanks for ur reply!

Try this. In includes/header_tags.php, find

if (tep_not_null($cPath))

$canonical_url = StripSID(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath='.$cPath));

and change it to

if (tep_not_null($cPath))

{

$args = tep_get_all_get_params(array('action','currency', tep_session_name(),'sort'));

$canonical_url = StripSID(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $args, 'NONSSL', false) );

}

no change at all :(

hi and thanks for ur reply!

no change at all :(

Are you sure you are looking at the canonical link in the source code for the index page? What is the url in the browser as well as the url in the canonical link?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That is usually caused by linked or duplicate products. Take one of the titles it lists, go to your shop and do a search on it. If there is more than one item returned, that's what it is. If not, then the database would have to be searched to resolve it. I'll add this on the list for a future change but, for now, that is what you need to do.

Hi, yeha its return more than one item <_< how can I fix it?

(sorry i am newbie in OsC)

Pulling out my hair here! Header tags was working fine for english, but not for spanish. It seemed to be working for products, but not for categories. I thought maybe I should reinstall the database file after copying the admin/includes/language files to Espanol folder. So, I ran the sql uninstall file that comes with the package. Result, my shops front end has totally vanished! Tried reinstalling using the php file provided, no luck, doesn't give me the usual success, just a blank page.

The header tags tab in the back end has vanished from configuration section, and the stand alone tab at the bottom, when clicked returns this message:

1146 - Table 'C273076_ritual.headertags' doesn't exist

select page_name from headertags where page_name like 'index.php' and language_id = '1' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

What have I done???

Furthermore just noticed when I click Catalog in back end, I get this:

Categories / Products

Search:

Go To:

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

Please help, so much lost work here if I can't restore.

PS If this helps, I've just realised what's happening. If I go to http://mysite.com/catalog/anypage.php I can see my pages. However, as soon as I click a link and www. goes in front, blank page is displayed. You can see this on casaritual.com/catalog/

Thanks, Danny

Edited by dharake

small update, I reinstalled the SQL manually and the back end seems to be standing up right just about (no more error messages in config, catalog or header tags tab). However, spanish still not working and the front end is still not visible when putting www. at beginning of urls.

small update, I reinstalled the SQL manually and the back end seems to be standing up right just about (no more error messages in config, catalog or header tags tab). However, spanish still not working and the front end is still not visible when putting www. at beginning of urls.

Header Tags doesn't have anything to do with the urls and running the uninstall won't cause the shop to stop working. In the worst case, if you uninstall it, some pages will display an error because the tags are empty. I suspect you may have deleted some file that shouldn't have been deleted or uploaded files from this contribution to the wrong location. But there are too many possibilities to try and solve it here, expecially since it directly related to Header Tags. I suggest you re-install your files from backup (just the shop side). If your host will do it, ask them to restore the whole site except for the database and then you can try again.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thx Jack. You know how they say sleep on it? Well, I did, and some how it is working again all by itself (or at least it would appear that way).

NOW, I have run fill tags function on all categories and products... The categories doesn't work for me in English or Spanish (it was working in English at least before my meltdown). For English it says the default (replace me) message in the title that you usually get after installing the contribution, and for Spanish, nothing at all. Products titles all seem to work in English, but not in Spanish.

Page control working for both Spanish and English, any ideas? Thx

Edited by dharake

NOW, I have run fill tags function on all categories and products... The categories doesn't work for me in English or Spanish (it was working in English at least before my meltdown). For English it says the default (replace me) message in the title that you usually get after installing the contribution, and for Spanish, nothing at all. Products titles all seem to work in English, but not in Spanish.

Page control working for both Spanish and English, any ideas? Thx

The database file only presets the language with an ID of 1. That means that in page control for product_info, the product and root checkboxes are not checked for all languages. You will need to check those as needed for the title and tags to display. The same holds true for index.php.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a strang error when i enable the "display column box".

When off everything is normal.

When i turn on the picture for the products disapering and the price shows as 0.

The box is showing in column_left as supposed.

I have "oscthumbs" and "better images with fancy popup" installed on the product page.

Is the "display column box" using any alternative code for showing the products page or?

Is the "display column box" using any alternative code for showing the products page or?

It is just a standard oscommerce infobox. If your boxes have been changed due to a template or some such, then you would need to edit it. But there is a coding mistake in the box that has been fixed in the next version. It shouldn't cause your problem but you may want to make the change. In includes/boxes/header_tags.php, change

$heading = $parts[0];
 $i = 0;

to

$header = $parts[0];
 $i = 1;

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Still the same. It is a rc2a shop with addons, but no template.

It is not a big thing, just curius what is making it.

I will check some more and se what i can find out.

I just dont understand it as there is no HT SEO code around there as far as i can se.

With column set to true

column_true.png

With column set to false

column_false.png

Still the same. It is a rc2a shop with addons, but no template.

It is not a big thing, just curius what is making it.

I will check some more and se what i can find out.

I just dont understand it as there is no HT SEO code around there as far as i can se.

With column set to true

column_true.png

With column set to false

column_false.png

With the infobox showing, it creates the heading from the title of the product. It might be that that heading it too long and is causing the box to expand. You can set the size in that box. It is set to 12 by default. Other than that, I don't know what it could be.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is not directly related to HT SEO, but i have problems getting the CKeditor to work with HT SEO categories description. I have manage to add the editor in the admin, but it wont save the input.

Is there anyone using ckeditor with HT SEO (latest) who can share the code change.

I got mine working. Using CKeditor 3.2 and HT SEO V3.2.2.

The only thing I did was this:

When editing admin/categories.php, the instructions in Install_Admin that asks to edit line 519, I only started editing after the CKEditor script. To keep it simple, this is what I added

<?php

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

?>

<tr><!-- BOF code adapted CKEditor by escri2 -->

<td class="main" valign="top" colspan="2" align="left"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>

<td class="main">

<?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '10', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])),'id = products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '] class="ckeditor"'); ?>

</td>

</tr><!-- EOF code adapted CKEditor by escri2 -->

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<!-- /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ //-->

<tr>

<td colspan="2" class="main"><hr><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_METTA_INFO; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE; ?></td>

<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_title_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_HEADER_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_desc_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_KEYWORDS; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_keywords_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" class="main"><hr></td>

</tr>

<!-- /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ //-->

I hope this helps.

I get this error when running headertags_seo_install.php:

1060 - Duplicate column name 'categories_htc_title_tag'

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;

[TEP STOP]

I have just installed the header tags seo to my site ( www.protectyourpiece.co.uk])

Since adding this, ive noticed my page has gone all out of line on my product info pages?

Im not very experienced with html etc, and dont have a clue where to start. I basically built the site by reading and learning as i go.

Any help majorly appreciated.

If it helps, i have added a fixed width container to my css, and added this to the header and footer as instructed. It works fine on all other pages, just not the product info pages.

Thanks very very much for any help.

Dan

I get this error when running headertags_seo_install.php:

1060 - Duplicate column name 'categories_htc_title_tag'

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;

It means at least some of the mysql changes for Header Tags has already been made to your shop. To clear that, run the uninstall and then the install file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just installed the header tags seo to my site ( www.protectyourpiece.co.uk])

Since adding this, ive noticed my page has gone all out of line on my product info pages?

It means you made a mistake on the installation or the code from the contribution won't work in your shop without further editing (this happens with some templates). You need to remove the changes to whatever file is having the problem and then install them again, one at a time and checking the page between each one, to determine the problem area.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi

i have a problem by using header tags seo and ultimate seo url using together.

first i have installed ultimate seo v 2.2d-9 and it works fine.

after that i installed header tags seo v 3.2.2.

i see the header tags meta tags on the sites, but they are title, description and keywords are empty. if i edit a product i can set the infos for the meta tags and they also saved in the database.

at the admin panel i see "header tags seo" on the configuration part in the navi, but i don't see see "header tags seo" in the menu, where i can "fill all tags"

where could be my mistake? ;-)

Thanks for the reply.

Ok, i have removed the modified product_info.php file and uploaded the back up i made.

I then started the code step by step checking each time. All went fine until this part:

FIND (around line 240)

</table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->

ADD ABOVE it:

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
     <tr>
      <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
      <td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 
      <?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>
     </tr>
     <?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

When i do that, the width all goes funny. So i then tried the part fo the code for the sts template (i dont have an sts template)

It stayed the same as when doing the previous way. If i then edited the table width to around 500, it made the page size all ok, but i then had $text_viewing and $text_viewing_title showing on the page.

So i thought id try add the table parts from the sts code to the code above, but it made no difference to the width.

Any further help will be well appreciated

Regards

Dan

i see the header tags meta tags on the sites, but they are title, description and keywords are empty. if i edit a product i can set the infos for the meta tags and they also saved in the database.

at the admin panel i see "header tags seo" on the configuration part in the navi, but i don't see see "header tags seo" in the menu, where i can "fill all tags"

I don't understand what ""header tags seo in the menu" means.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok, i have removed the modified product_info.php file and uploaded the back up i made.

I then started the code step by step checking each time. All went fine until this part:

When i do that, the width all goes funny. So i then tried the part fo the code for the sts template (i dont have an sts template)

It stayed the same as when doing the previous way. If i then edited the table width to around 500, it made the page size all ok, but i then had $text_viewing and $text_viewing_title showing on the page.

So i thought id try add the table parts from the sts code to the code above, but it made no difference to the width.

Why would you use the STS instructions if you don't have STS installed? You need to follow the directions. Changing them will cause the installation to fail. Also, there is an included file that you can use for troubleshooting. This is mentined in the test section. Please try that before posting, as also mentioned in the instructions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I've installed it all fine but when I run test I get following errors:

Missing Code in File  explain
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

I would appreciate if someone can help me fix it.