• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

1) On the product edit page I get "// header tags // header tags //header tags " displayed just above the product status radio buttons.

2) Somehow, and this has been like this since I installed version 3.1.5 and has stayed with me to update 3.1.9, I have two sets of meta tags, page titles and descriptions when I view the page source, what area of code / database could be causing me this ?.

1 - See the troubleshooting notes for problems in admin.

2 - See the previous, recent, post regarding duplicate tags.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hmm, still not seeing it here. If you are not using the latest version of Header Tags, you can try updating. If you are using some contribution that may affect the title, like STS or SEO URL 5, then try turning those off to see if it makes a difference. Other than that, I don't have any suggestions.

Jack,

I already installed nearly the latest version (v3.1.9).

But today, I found something in the /catalog/includes/classes/preventDuplicates.php.

There is a variable:

var $turnServiceOn = true;

After setting to false, the language-separator disappears.

Now, I have to find a way to leave the setting to 'true' and move the separator.

I think, that belongs to UltimateSEO-URL, so I will keep searching on that contrib.

But thank you very much for your help.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Andreas

Edited by Andreas2003

Jack,

I already installed nearly the latest version (v3.1.9).

The latest version is 3.2.1 and has some bug fixes in it.

But today, I found something in the /catalog/includes/classes/preventDuplicates.php.

Ahh, yes that is SEO URL 5. Others have mentioned problems/fixes here so you may want to read back a few pages to see what they did.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

thank you for this add-on. I installed the latest version 3.2.0 in a heavily altered 2.2-MS2 shop. The shop uses an old Header Tags Controller contribution and STS Version 4.5.2.

When I use the admin I get the errors:

application_top : files pages.php and articles.php are not found. These files are indeed not there. When I comment these files out I get:

header_tags_english.php: Call to undefined function getmainargument()on line 64

What have I done wrong ? Any ideas ?

Thank you

Martin

Edited by Flinspach

thank you for this add-on. I installed the latest version 3.2.0 in a heavily altered 2.2-MS2 shop. The shop uses an old Header Tags Controller contribution and STS Version 4.5.2.

When I use the admin I get the errors:

application_top : files pages.php and articles.php are not found. These files are indeed not there. When I comment these files out I get:

header_tags_english.php: Call to undefined function getmainargument()on line 64

What have I done wrong ? Any ideas ?

It sounds like you copied the edited files from this contribution, which you can't do in a shop that has been altered. Also, the header_tags_english.php file is not part of this contribution so it seems you made a mistake in the installation. You need to upload all of the files located in te catalog directory of this contribution. Overwrite any with the same name because they do not have the same contents. And perform the instructions in the install files or all of the update files to complete the installation. You will still need to make the database changes.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have

- changed the database

- copied the files of the add-on (catalog and admin section) to the shop

- changed the files as described in the install_catalog file

I've used the catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php file. There

around line 74 :

// BOF edit pages

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'pages.php');

// EOF edit pages

around line 214 :

// include the articles functions

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'articles.php');

// Article Manager

You're right with the header_tags_english.php file. It seems to be a relict of an older HeaderTags Controller.

What should I do ? Install everything new ?

Thank you

Martin

I have

- changed the database

- copied the files of the add-on (catalog and admin section) to the shop

- changed the files as described in the install_catalog file

You have to make the changes as mentioned in Install_Admin.txt too.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes I even made the same changes to both of them. Still the same problem

Can it have anything to do with default language?

What happened with this? I have the same problem.

2 database tables? where?

Need some help

Anyone knows where to start fixing these following errors - local and live shop

I'm using error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_STRICT); to get these errors

Any suggestions welcome :thumbsup:

Thanks

Notice: Undefined index: manufacturers_id in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\includes\header_tags.php on line 38

Notice: Undefined index: sortorder_root_1 in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\includes\header_tags.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined index: sortorder_root_2 in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\includes\header_tags.php on line 47

Notice: Undefined index: sortorder_root_3 in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\includes\header_tags.php on line 48

Notice: Undefined index: sortorder_root_4 in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\includes\header_tags.php on line 49

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

HI

I have a pretty large shop

3500 categories and 8000k products

When I go to fill the tags selecting everything

I get after a long long time where I think the db is being populated

a white page with the following error in the catalog/admin

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 600 seconds exceeded in /var/www/apache2-default/mysite/catalog/extras/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 474

would this be related to my server or an error in my install ?

I do not see what is there in line 474 in that file

HI

I have a pretty large shop

3500 categories and 8000k products

When I go to fill the tags selecting everything

I get after a long long time where I think the db is being populated

a white page with the following error in the catalog/admin

would this be related to my server or an error in my install ?

I do not see what is there in line 474 in that file

It's due to the server timing out before the script can complete. And that happens because of the number of products you have. There are a number of things you can try to get around that.

- If your host will allow it, you can increase the timeout value and the error will no longer occur.

- When you run fill tags, only do one section at a time - categories, then products and then manufacturers. This won't make a big difference in time since the main problem is with the products but it might be enough to make it work.

- Install the Easy Populate contribution, if you don't already have it installed, and use it to fill in the Header Tags fields. You will have to limit the size of the files but that is normal with this many products.

- Edit the fill tags script to use sleep commands. This will work but requires a little php knowledge.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to upgrade to the latest version.

Hi Jack

I've upgraded to the latest version

Looks better - thanks

Still when checking I get:

Notice: Undefined index: manufacturers_id in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\includes\header_tags.php on line 39

Notice: Undefined index: osCsid in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\includes\functions\header_tags.php on line 239

I know for sure there is a oscsid number - echo

Any suggestions

Thank you

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

Hi Jack,

Hope all is excellent with you. Stupendous contribution, Thank you!

When using FWR's error debugging contrib, KISSer, am receiving this

group of errors: (rc2a, xampp with php5.3, header tags version 3.2.1)

Error: Undefined index: logo_text1

File: includes/header.php

Line: 144

Error: Undefined index: logo_text2

Line: 145

Error: Undefined index: logo_text3

Line: 146

Error: Undefined index: logo_text4

Line: 147

The code in header.php is:

/*** 9-15-09 Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'logo4.png', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<!-- can add extra images

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'angel.png', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text1']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text1'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'no_image.png', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text2']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text2'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'lstore_logo.png', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text3']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text3'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stop.png', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text4']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text4'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a>'; ?></td>

-->

<?php

/*** X 9-15-09 End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

As you can see, the code block is commented out (html) but the php within is still active/read?

I didn't see any explanation of how to use these additional options, either in the instructions

nor in this forum via a search nor a google search

My question(s) are:

1. Where/how is the array, $header_tags_array, populated?

2. How do I correct this error? (Undefined index) because I'm receiving it elsewhere.

Thank you for your insight.

jk

Hi Jack,

Here is my issue, after install headertags_seo_install.php for database it said Successful, then I modified some of the files like index.php and product_info.php with these lines of code:

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

Then I uploaded all the files in Catalog directory, then I went back to my homepage refresh and I got this message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/content/s/m/l/sml1999/html/includes/application_top.php on line 312

Can you help me figure out what's wrong or did I forget something? Thanks.

Still when checking I get:

Notice: Undefined index: manufacturers_id in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\includes\header_tags.php on line 39

Notice: Undefined index: osCsid in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\includes\functions\header_tags.php on line 239

Try these changes. I haven't tested them but I think they are OK. In includes/functions/header_tags.php, find

if (($type == 'man' || $type == 'top') && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_manufacturer']))
 {
   $the_manufacturer_query= tep_db_query($manStr);
   $the_manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($the_manufacturer_query);
   $header_tags_array['manufacturer'] = $the_manufacturer['htc_title_tag'];  //save for use on the logo

Replace with

if ($type == 'man' && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_manufacturer']))
 {
   $header_tags_array['manufacturer'] = $the_manufacturer['htc_title_tag'];  //save for use on the logo

$sortOrder['title'][$pageTags['sortorder_manufacturer']] = '';
   $sortOrder['logo'][$pageTags['sortorder_manufacturer']] = '';
   $sortOrder['description'][$pageTags['sortorder_manufacturer']] = '';
   $sortOrder['keywords'][$pageTags['sortorder_manufacturer']] = '';

Find

function StripSID($url)
{
 $sidName = tep_session_name(); 
 if (($sid = strpos($url, $_GET[ $sidName ])) !== FALSE)
 {
    $SidLength = strlen($_GET[ $sidName ]) + strlen( $sidName ) + 2; // to account for the "?" and "="
    return substr($url , 0, - $SidLength );
 } 
 return $url;
}

Replace with

function StripSID($url)
{
 if (isset($_GET[ $sidName ]))
 {
   {
      $SidLength = strlen($_GET[ $sidName ]) + strlen( $sidName ) + 2; // to account for the "?" and "="
   }
 } 
 return $url;
}

In includes/header_tags.php, find

if (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) || $category_depth == 'top')

Replace with

if (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) && $category_depth == 'top')

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/content/s/m/l/sml1999/html/includes/application_top.php on line 312

Can you help me figure out what's wrong or did I forget something? Thanks.

Perform all of the steps in the instructions and you won't have the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Perform all of the steps in the instructions and you won't have the problem.

Hi Jack,

I have these lines I couldn't find them in index.php, do I have to inserted somewhere in the index.php. Please help. Thanks.

FIND (Around line 78)

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

REPLACE with

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<td><h1><?php echo $category['categories_htc_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php if (tep_not_null($category['categories_htc_description'])) { ?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><h2><?php echo $category['categories_htc_description']; ?></h2></td>

</tr>

<?php }

?>

=============================================

FIND (Around line 136)

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

</tr>

ADD UNDER:

<!--- BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

<?php if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS == 'true')

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'header_tags_social_bookmarks.php');

?>

<!--- END Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

FIND (Around line 247)

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td> REPLACE with

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))

$db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

else

$db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query);

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><h1><?php echo $htc['htc_title']; ?></h1></td>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

FIND (Around line 298)

<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

REPLACE with

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, $htc['htc_title'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php if (tep_not_null($htc['htc_description'])) { ?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><h2><?php echo $htc['htc_description']; ?></h2></td>

</tr>

<?php }

?>

FIND (Around line 330)

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>

</tr>

ADD UNDER:

<!--- BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

<?php if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS == 'true')

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'header_tags_social_bookmarks.php');

?>

<!--- END Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

FIND (Around line 345)

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

REPLACE WITH:

<td><h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1></td>

<td align="right"><h1><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></h1></td>

Hi Jack,

Here is my question: if my shop's not STS or BTS, then I only go to Index.php, product_info.php, ... and modify this code:

FIND:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

REPLACE with the following then continue with Step 2:

<?php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<?php

}

?>

and then go to Install_Admin.txt for the next instruction, correct? or I have to follow the instruction from 1 to 10 in Install_Catalog.txt first before I move on to Install_Admin.txt. I am confuse because some of the lines were not found in the files. Please help. Thanks

You have to follow all instructions except for the parts that are for STS or set as optional.

If the lines are different you may have a alreday modefied shop and must merge the code. Try search for part of the code and se what result you get. You have the aproximate line number in the install text.

It's due to the server timing out before the script can complete. And that happens because of the number of products you have. There are a number of things you can try to get around that.

- If your host will allow it, you can increase the timeout value and the error will no longer occur.

- When you run fill tags, only do one section at a time - categories, then products and then manufacturers. This won't make a big difference in time since the main problem is with the products but it might be enough to make it work.

- Install the Easy Populate contribution, if you don't already have it installed, and use it to fill in the Header Tags fields. You will have to limit the size of the files but that is normal with this many products.

- Edit the fill tags script to use sleep commands. This will work but requires a little php knowledge.

Hi Jack thanks for your answer, its big thats why I am creating the DB locally on my server before uploading to the Internet. I have set the time out to 4 hrs in Apache, that should do it.

I have these lines I couldn't find them in index.php, do I have to inserted somewhere in the index.php. Please help. Thanks.

I apologize for my incorrect reply. I read what you said but was thinking you meant something else. The add current page problem is a common problem not related to Header Tags. See this thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try these changes. I haven't tested them but I think they are OK. In includes/functions/header_tags.php, find

if (($type == 'man' || $type == 'top') && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_manufacturer']))
 {

Replace with

if ($type == 'man' && ($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_group'] || $defaultTags['default_logo_append_manufacturer']))
 {

$sortOrder['title'][$pageTags['sortorder_manufacturer']] = '';
   $sortOrder['logo'][$pageTags['sortorder_manufacturer']] = '';
   $sortOrder['description'][$pageTags['sortorder_manufacturer']] = '';
   $sortOrder['keywords'][$pageTags['sortorder_manufacturer']] = '';

Find

function StripSID($url)
{
 {
 } 
 return $url;
}

Replace with

function StripSID($url)
{
 if (isset($_GET[ $sidName ]))
 {
   {
   }
 } 
 return $url;
}

In includes/header_tags.php, find

if (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) || $category_depth == 'top')

Replace with

if (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) && $category_depth == 'top')

Hi Jack,

I made the changes above and added an echo for the manufacturers_id and category_depth (echo ' in includes/header tags line 42 manufacturers id = ' . $manufacturer_id . ' and category_depth = ' . $category_depth;

)

received this message on an otherwise blank page:

in includes/header tags line 42 manufacturers id = and category_depth = top

1065 - Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

the problem seems to be that isset($_GET['manufacturers_id'] evaluates to true even when it is empty/blank

also tried

if ((isset($_GET['manufacturers_id'])) && tep_not_null($_GET['manufacturers_id']) && $category_depth == 'top')

same message

it's like manufacturers_id is (or being) set to nothing

any thoughts appreciated

jk

ps - also looked back four pages for info as per your reply to my previous post:

Error: Undefined index: logo_text2

Already went over this in the last page or two.

guess I may have went too fast will doublecheck

Thanks for your patience.