• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

one of the first things I did replaced the products_info.php with the clean install one supplied

A problem with a page not displaying correctly can be a number of things:

- that file - which you've said you replaced.

- the includes/header_tags.php file.

- the database - this can be verified by looking to see if the changes are showing in admin.

- a mistake in the installation or setup (for example, setup for non-STS but using STS).

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

When I changed and uploaded the files I got this error message in the admin section:

Warning: require(includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/elitegol/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 23

It means you made a mistake in the installation procedure. You should go back through the install admin file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, I have a very unusal issue for which I have now reason why it is happening. I am running Rc2a ver with this contribution so to help to have my site validated better.

Now every page that I have inserted the Header Tags SEO code into, I am not able to control the font size for the heading. I do have the necessary css code for HT SEO in the stylesheet. I am running version HT SEO 3.1.8 ver. But did some editing with the stylesheet, if just the HT SEO in stylesheet, I am able to change the font variables. But once I reinserted the other code, I am not able to change the heading font variables.

I do not understand why this is happening. Been working on this for three days now and almost have pulled all my hair out :'( .

Bennett

Jack, I have a very unusal issue for which I have now reason why it is happening. I am running Rc2a ver with this contribution so to help to have my site validated better.

Issue is solved. Shut ddown and cleared cache, not sure if that was problem, so pleasse ignore this post.

Bennett

hi Header Tags users,

i've noticed, that when changing the language, the Content-Language stays the same:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="de-de"

shouldn't this switch to the selected language?

thanks

pi

Edited by piou

i get an error when clicking on a explain link in header_tags_test.php!

the cause seems to be a wrong language parameter:

javascript:parent.openNewWindow("header_tags_seo_popup_help.php?language=english",%20"WINDOW_NAME",%20640,%20500)

guess it should be language=en !

is this a bug at all, or have i messed during installation/update

thanks 4 help

i've noticed, that when changing the language, the Content-Language stays the same:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="de-de"

shouldn't this switch to the selected language?

That was a problem in earlier versions. Be sure you are using the latest versions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It means you made a mistake in the installation procedure. You should go back through the install admin file.

Thanks Jack, I managed to go through the installation correctly now. I get the CHmod error, however, In the Install_Admin file that tells you to find:

if (!is_writable($filename))

{

if (!chmod($filename, 0666)) {

echo "Cannot change the mode of file ($filename)";

exit;

}

}

I don't have this in my admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php, instead I have (and its on line 953 not 201 like in the install_admin file there is nothing like this near line 201):

{

if (!chmod($filename, 0666))

{

echo sprintf(ERROR_CANT_CHMOD, $filename);

return false;

}

}

I changed this with:

{

echo "The file isn't writable";

exit;

/* if (!chmod($filename, 0666)) {

echo "Cannot change the mode of file ($filename)";

exit;

} */

}

However, that did not work, the error I get in the admin pannel is:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/elitegol/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 955

Cannot change the permission on /home/elitegol/public_html/.//includes/header_tags.php

And the warning I get on my actual site is:

1146 - Table 'elitegol_osc1.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Have I done something severely wrong??? it feels like I have crapped my site up big style :S

i get an error when clicking on a explain link in header_tags_test.php!

the cause seems to be a wrong language parameter:

javascript:parent.openNewWindow("header_tags_seo_popup_help.php?language=english",%20"WINDOW_NAME",%20640,%20500)

guess it should be language=en !

is this a bug at all, or have i messed during installation/update

And the error is???

Be sure you have made the required changes to whatever languages you use in admin. Those may not all be included in the contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have my SEO header tag installed successfully in my local server. When I moved everything to production server (lived), I cannot login to my admin control panel anymore. I get a total blank screen and no HTML codes when login.

I did troubleshooting by uploading the updated files one by one, and finally found that once admin/include/filenames.php is uploaded, the failure begins.

Comparing the new and old filenames.php with diffMerge shows that only:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_SEO', 'header_tags_seo.php');

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_SILO', 'header_tags_seo_silo.php');

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS', 'header_tags_fill_tags.php');

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_TEST', 'header_tags_test.php');

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

has been added.

Can someone please tell me what is probably wrong?

I have my SEO header tag installed successfully in my local server. When I moved everything to production server (lived), I cannot login to my admin control panel anymore. I get a total blank screen and no HTML codes when login.

Comparing the new and old filenames.php with diffMerge shows that only:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_SEO', 'header_tags_seo.php');

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_SILO', 'header_tags_seo_silo.php');

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS', 'header_tags_fill_tags.php');

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_TEST', 'header_tags_test.php');

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

Those changes wouldn't cause the problem you are having. But they are required for the code to link properly and once you try to do that, one of the other files is getting loaded, which is causing the problem. I suggest you upload all of the files from the contributions catalog/admin/ directory. The problem you describe is typically because a file is in the wrong place so replacing them all from the contribution is the quickest way to resolve that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A problem with a page not displaying correctly can be a number of things:

- that file - which you've said you replaced.

- the includes/header_tags.php file.

- the database - this can be verified by looking to see if the changes are showing in admin.

- a mistake in the installation or setup (for example, setup for non-STS but using STS).

I have gone over all this again, verified the complete installation (from the install text files)

replaced my modified files with the ones supplied for new install

the tags are written to the DB

I am not using STS and did not use that set of files, (i did all the modifications by hand)

To resume :

I only get the default tags in product_info.php

The title tags are not appended with the product name

I have populated the db with the fill tags, I can see them in the DB

In the trouble shooting section I see that there could be a could be a conflic with the Ultimate seo urls 5 contrib which I have set up here.. It says there is a setting to fix it in admin but I do not see it..?

In the trouble shooting section I see that there could be a could be a conflic with the Ultimate seo urls 5 contrib which I have set up here.. It says there is a setting to fix it in admin but I do not see it..?

I don't use or recommend that contribution so I can't help with it. Others have posted here of problems with getting it to work with Header Tags and, as I recall, what is needed to get it to run. You can also ask in its support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

toto46

That happened to me, try turning off usu5 and then in your browser go to a product and check if tags are loaded. The only way to use the 2 contributions was using usu5 rewrite url mode not standard. Once done both work like a charm!

hi jack_mcs,

And the error is???

Be sure you have made the required changes to whatever languages you use in admin. Those may not all be included in the contribution.

i've copied the included language files to every language folder in admin!

the error is:

Warning: require(includes/languages/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/123/site123/web/sandbox2/admin/includes/application_top.php  on line 163

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/.sites/123/site123/web/sandbox2/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 163

and this is 163 in application_top.php:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

installed is V 3.1.8 updated to V 3.1.9 and then to 3.2.1

after the error occurred, the admin is not working at all until i manually add "?language=de" to the url.

regards

installed is V 3.1.8 updated to V 3.1.9 and then to 3.2.1

If you uploaded all of the files in the catalog directory when you installed V 3.1.8, then you overwrote your application_top file. That was a mistake in that version. See previous posts regarding it for details. You will need to restore that file from your backup.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't use or recommend that contribution so I can't help with it. Others have posted here of problems with getting it to work with Header Tags and, as I recall, what is needed to get it to run. You can also ask in its support thread.

Others have posted here of problems with getting it to work with Header Tags

Thank you I missed that point, thanks to Follkes post below the problem is now solved and i can now start to fully appreciate this add on, I really wanted it and its been 4 days now of searching around but it was worth it.

Thank you very much!

toto46

That happened to me, try turning off usu5 and then in your browser go to a product and check if tags are loaded. The only way to use the 2 contributions was using usu5 rewrite url mode not standard. Once done both work like a charm!

Ok that made my day!

I got it now, I missed that point although it was hinted at somewhere in this thread!

I got it running locally fine now.

Thanks again

language_en | other title => for english
language_de | other title => for german
language_es | other title => for espanol

I don't understand how you are seeing the lanugage in the title - I'm not here - so I can't even offer a guess as to what to try. Did you add the language manually in the category or products edit page in admin?

Hi Jack, thanks for your reply.

The above mentioned comes up only, if you click to change the language.

Then after the first change of language, you can find it in the source code in three different occations:

1) <title>language_de | other title comes here</title>

2) <meta name="description" content="language_de other title comes here" >

3) <meta name="keywords" content="language_de, " >

This is not entered manually in the category or products via admin.

Thanks for your help,

regards

Andreas

Edited by Andreas2003

The above mentioned comes up only, if you click to change the language.

Then after the first change of language, you can find it in the source code in three different occations:

1) <title>language_de | other title comes here</title>

2) <meta name="description" content="language_de other title comes here" >

3) <meta name="keywords" content="language_de, " >

This is not entered manually in the category or products via admin.

Hmm, still not seeing it here. If you are not using the latest version of Header Tags, you can try updating. If you are using some contribution that may affect the title, like STS or SEO URL 5, then try turning those off to see if it makes a difference. Other than that, I don't have any suggestions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi jack,

thank you for your time!

If you uploaded all of the files in the catalog directory when you installed V 3.1.8, then you overwrote your application_top file. That was a mistake in that version. See previous posts regarding it for details. You will need to restore that file from your backup.

i've checked carefully and the admin/include/application_top.php is the same as the one from a naked RC2 shop. i've also re-uploaded all the catalog/admin files from the actual version.

--> no change!

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="de-de" > stays the same when changing language.

the explain button also still generates a pop-up with the error message.

please answer: is the language parameter in my explain link correct?

i mean, oscommerce always uses 2 character parameter for language selection.

another thing i've just noticed, is that the canonical of my index.php is:

..../catalog//

which is one "/" to much!?!?

Those changes wouldn't cause the problem you are having. But they are required for the code to link properly and once you try to do that, one of the other files is getting loaded, which is causing the problem. I suggest you upload all of the files from the contributions catalog/admin/ directory. The problem you describe is typically because a file is in the wrong place so replacing them all from the contribution is the quickest way to resolve that.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for reply :)

I've verified that every files from the contribution is already uploaded to the correct directory.

The login process still failed at this URL: http://www.lot2u.com/admin/login.php?action=process

i've checked carefully and the admin/include/application_top.php is the same as the one from a naked RC2 shop. i've also re-uploaded all the catalog/admin files from the actual version.

If this is a new shop that has never been edited, then just upload all of the files from the contribution. If it doesn't work then, then there is something wrong with the shop. If it isn't a new shop, you can't just replace the application_top file, even if it is from a new shop. I suggest you back out everything, get your shop working correctly and then install Header Tags using the correct procedure for your shop.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The login process still failed at this URL: http://www.lot2u.com/admin/login.php?action=process

Header Tags doesn't have anything to do with the login. If you can login now but could before you installed it, then you made a mistake in the installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Contribution is up and running great now, but just a couple of small questions:

1) On the product edit page I get "// header tags // header tags //header tags " displayed just above the product status radio buttons.

2) Somehow, and this has been like this since I installed version 3.1.5 and has stayed with me to update 3.1.9, I have two sets of meta tags, page titles and descriptions when I view the page source, what area of code / database could be causing me this ?.

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.