• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

The thing is that trying test and error, writing text in there fixed the bar, so why not set a new Currently Viewing alike, and works.

I don't understand the question, if there is one, but specialized coding isn't something that can be covered in a thread like this.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

just installing this (looks awesome by the way) and admin area configured ok but the online site is not showing any text - the header updates, here's a copy of the code when viewing the source:

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="LTR" lang="en">
<head>
<title>This shows ok</title>
<meta name="Description" content="shown in coding ok" >
<meta name="Keywords" content="shown in coding ok" >
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" >
<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >
<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.mywebsite/catalog/index.php" >
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" >

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->
<base href="http://www.mywebsite/catalog/">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->

You'll see that the body code shows everything as "0" which is why nothing is being displayed, any ideas on why this is happening?

Sorry if this has been asked before, had a quick look through the thread buts its upto 207 pages!

Appreciate all your continued work on this :thumbsup:

just installing this (looks awesome by the way) and admin area configured ok but the online site is not showing any text - the header updates, here's a copy of the code when viewing the source:

You'll see that the body code shows everything as "0" which is why nothing is being displayed, any ideas on why this is happening?

This contribution doesn't make any changes to <body> so that problem is elsewhere. There is a complete set of files incluced in the package that should make it easy for you to determine the problem though.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I've installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.8 successfully.

However, I couldn't set title and meta tags for "product info page". After I entered the product title, keyword and description; I pressed preview. On the next screen, I pressed "update" button to update the data as usual.

Then I previewed the changes but no title, description and keywords are updated. The product page's meta data is following its parent category's meta data.

Am I doing anything wrong? Please kindly guide. :)

However, I couldn't set title and meta tags for "product info page". After I entered the product title, keyword and description; I pressed preview. On the next screen, I pressed "update" button to update the data as usual.

There is a problem with the view result code. A fix is mentioned in this thread and will be in the next version. You can use the browsers view source option in the meantime.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I inserted the code and it says this:

path header_tags_seo.php

path header_tags_fill_tags.php

path includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt

path includes/functions/header_tags.php

path includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php

path includes/languages/english/header_tags_seo.php

path includes/header_tags.php

path includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php

path includes/functions/header_tags.php

path includes/boxes/header_tags.php

path includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php

path headertags_seo_install.php

path headertags_seo_uninstall.php

I tweaked the path in configure.php so that now it displays the full path:

In the TEST results show:

Missing File Error: explain

Cannot find file http://localhost/server/admin/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file http://localhost/server/admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php.

Cannot find file http://localhost/server/admin/includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt.

Cannot find file http://localhost/server/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file http://localhost/server/admin/includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file http://localhost/server/admin/includes/languages/english/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file http://localhost/server/includes/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file http://localhost/server/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php.

Cannot find file http://localhost/server/includes/functions/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file http://localhost/server/includes/boxes/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file http://localhost/server/includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php.

I am still getting an error message "Failed to open dir" when clicking on "Header Tags SEO" in admin. I can access the other 3 links under "Header Tags SEO" section. Only the first one "Page Control" failed.

Missing File Error: explain

Cannot find file http://localhost/server/admin/header_tags_seo.php.

Be sure your setup is correct. That doesn't look like a valid path. If you go to admin->modules, the path is displayed on the page. Part of it should be similar to the above. Where above it shows server/admin, on that page, it should say server/includes, if the path is correct.

In any event, it is a setup problem in your account so if the problem persists, you will need to post in the general support thread for assistance.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Be sure your setup is correct. That doesn't look like a valid path. If you go to admin->modules, the path is displayed on the page. Part of it should be similar to the above. Where above it shows server/admin, on that page, it should say server/includes, if the path is correct.

In any event, it is a setup problem in your account so if the problem persists, you will need to post in the general support thread for assistance.

I managed to solve the installation problem by tweaking the configure.php file. Now Header Tags SEO>Test shows no errors.

The problem comes back to:

Couldn't set title and meta tags for "product info page". After I entered the product title, keyword and description; I pressed preview. On the next screen, I pressed "update" button to update the data as usual.

Then I previewed the changes but no title, description and keywords are updated. The product page's meta data is following its parent category's meta data.

I can enter product's metadata with "Fill Tags" or changing "products_description" table in database. These are not ideal because I need unique metadata for every products :)

Can you please tell me which part of the code most likely went wrong? I will provide as much information as you need.

Thank you.

When i looked through my page source view i se that it is still using the pageheading classes.

By using the default page.

} else { // default page
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

I have verifyed the index.php file against the included file for clean rc2 shop. Tryed to merge code and tryed the file itself.

Still showing the pageheading instead of H tags.

Is i missing some settings or do i need to check other places.

I managed to solve the installation problem by tweaking the configure.php file. Now Header Tags SEO>Test shows no errors.

The problem comes back to:

Couldn't set title and meta tags for "product info page".

Please read the test section and run that function.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When i looked through my page source view i se that it is still using the pageheading classes.

The code for the home page is not changed since there is nothing in header tags that controls the page heading for it. You can add the h1 class to it though yourself. Just see the changes in the install file regarding changing that part of a file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I know,

But i just wonder why the page render with the

} else { // default page

insted of the correct code above the else statement.

I have done the changes in the install correctly and even in the included index.php for rc2 file in your pack there is not made any changes to the pageheading part after the "else default page" part.

The only change i can se after the "default page part" is the sosial bokmark part.

From the orginal file for rc2 shop in Header Tags SEO V 3.1.8

I tryed with this file to and it stil render the page with pageheading.

} else { // default page
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
         </tr>
<!--- BEGIN Header Tags Social Bookmarks -->
<?php if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS == 'true') 
include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'header_tags_social_bookmarks.php'); 
?>
<!--- END Header Tags Social Bookmarks -->             

But i just wonder why the page render with the

} else { // default page

If the page is showing php code, then there is a mistake in the code. If you have used the included one and it still fails, then the problem is in one of the files loaded by the index file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It is not showing php code.

It may have nothing to do with HT SEO eighter.

I am just trying to find out what is trigging OSC to use the "// default page". At firs i thought it was some settings regarded to HT SEO.

I havent figure out the first part of that code block yet. As long as there is a ELSE statment there should be an starting IF statment. Now i am trying to find the start so i can track the files and se where the error is.

As far as i can se it is suppose to rendet the section below "// default page". (Line 365 in index.php for new rc2 3.1.8)

I have checkt one other sitereferenced in this tread and with same result. With view source i can se it is using pageheading on frontpage, but H tags on other pages as products. I alos have an older installation running with pageheading on frontpage.

Can you check line 370-374 (index.php for new rc2) if they should be changed accordingly to HT SEO also. They are not mention in instructons, nor changed in index.php file for new rc2 shop.

I would appraise any help on this to check if the code actually is broken or if there are any missing part in install instructions.

Thanks,

have one concern though. I get an error message when I'm in the admin panel that says the following:

/home/www/domain.com/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

I am not on a windows server, mine is linux based so it appears I should change the file permissions however this contradicts the advice given in this thread on securing your site (they say make sure file perms are no higher than 644).

Can you please address this and what should be done?

Contributions installed: Purchase without Account / STS/ All Products/ Header Tags Controller

on securing your site (they say make sure file perms are no higher than 644).

Can you please address this and what should be done?

File permissions only matter if the file can be accessed. Since the header tags file is in a protected directory, it's permissions don't matter.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Can you explain what the difference is between these two Categories level tags?

- categories_htc_desc_tag

- categories_htc_description

The first is the meta description. The second is the category description used on the category pages to display text.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons