• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Thanks Jack,

Please let me know when USU 5 is released. Manually changing over 200 hundred URLS is time consuming.

I'd rather be patient and wait for USU 5.

Can I see it somewhere?

Many thanks,

Brian

I'm not Jack I'm Rob :)

USU5 is already available tested and stable.

Download Ultimate Seo Urls 5

Support Topic Ultimate Seo Urls 5

5 PRO is a new development of USU 5 with multi language capability 49 ways to make product text etc.

Edited by FWR Media

I don't see any "alphabet sorter" on the home page but whatever filter code you added is just that. It isn't a new page, just a different way to display the same one. After picking a filter, the user would still be on the same page.

Hi Jack,

I just relized why I can add pages to allprods.php, like (allprods.php?fl=A)via Pseudo,

I applied the Modification to Header Tags SEO V3 to Include All Products v4.7 mod.

Can you help me apply this mod to work for index.php?

Thanks in advance... :thumbsup:

Ronnie

So what do you think Jack! this would boost SEO probabilities 1000%

Thanks again for your help & advice.

No, I don't think it will make a difference if you have unique titles and meta tags in such a situation. The additional links are a good idea but having unique title and tags for a page based on sorting are unlikely to be worth the effort. You could add code in the head section of index.php and check for when those pages are shown. If they are, load in some file other than includes/header_tags.php (or you can use it if you want). The code in the file would load title and tags based on which page is being shown and the title and tags would be hard-coded into that file. It is not something that is changed often so, once setup, it would work pretty much as Header Tags does but without the admin control.

You might want to look at the lastest version of All Products SEO and Sitemap SEO since they both add code for additional links.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I finished the installation,

Congratulations. Not the easiest install but you've shown it can be done.

but when I go to admin->catalog as directed in the How to Operate file, it shows the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /hermes/web04/b1844/moo.harperds/shop/admin/categories.php on line 560.

That means a mistake was made in the admin/categories.php file. A completed file is included in the contribution. You can use it to compare against your file using a program like WinMerge to find your mistake. Be sure to use the correct categories file for the version of your shop. Or, just look at the changes you made around line 560 to see what you missed. It is probably due to pasting a line or two off from where it should be.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I applied the Modification to Header Tags SEO V3 to Include All Products v4.7 mod.

Can you help me apply this mod to work for index.php?

No, I'm not familiar with that contribution. You need to contact the author if you can't get it to work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not Jack I'm Rob :)

USU5 is already available tested and stable.

Download Ultimate Seo Urls 5

Support Topic Ultimate Seo Urls 5

5 PRO is a new development of USU 5 with multi language capability 49 ways to make product text etc.

Sorry about that Rob... I really thought I was talking to Jack.

Quick Question about USU 5's compatibility with SEO header tags:

There's a newer version than the link you provided above: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2823

Are they the same? Don't want install the wrong one.

Thanks,

Brian

Sorry about that Rob... I really thought I was talking to Jack.

Quick Question about USU 5's compatibility with SEO header tags:

There's a newer version than the link you provided above: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2823

Are they the same? Don't want install the wrong one.

Thanks,

Brian

Your link is for the old series 2 seo urls ( i.e. this support topic ) the link I gave was for Ultimate Seo Urls 5.

Hello Jack,

The Fill Tag is great feature, but shouldn't it be considered to be language compliant?

I mean i've 2 language on my store, and when adding produts,i usually have my french title,description,keywords different from english one, since i write them in 2 language. not good to write shoes in english in a french description for exemple.

Having the option to fill tags depending of language installed on shop would be great, so u can enter a french description in 1 box and one in english on the other (french/englsih in my case). and then fill tag for a whole categorie and both languages.

exactly as when u do it manually when adding products, you have a box for meta title for each language 1 of each for meta description and so on.

Edited by Lgn.Magic

The Fill Tag is great feature, but shouldn't it be considered to be language compliant?

I'm assuming you mean one of the overrides since the basic fill tags options does work with languages correctly. You are correct about that. I never thought of it since I only use one language and no one else has ever mentioned it. I'll try to add that to the next version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

As always thank you for your fast answers!

You're just a MUST for this community. Accept my congratulations for your hard and amazing work.

I Will be looking for next version, that would definitly be helpfull and save time for multi languages stores.

Have a good day, Regards!! Fabien.

Congratulations. Not the easiest install but you've shown it can be done.

That means a mistake was made in the admin/categories.php file. A completed file is included in the contribution. You can use it to compare against your file using a program like WinMerge to find your mistake. Be sure to use the correct categories file for the version of your shop. Or, just look at the changes you made around line 560 to see what you missed. It is probably due to pasting a line or two off from where it should be.

Exactly, given my level of experience, if I can install it, anybody can :-) I also fixed the categories.php file. It's working now. I just need to see how to use the contribution now. Thanks million, Jack, for all your support!! Do you know if I should install any other SEO contributions to improve my ranking? Do I need a robot file? Sorry for asking extra questions :-(

Sabrina

Exactly, given my level of experience, if I can install it, anybody can :-) I also fixed the categories.php file. It's working now. I just need to see how to use the contribution now. Thanks million, Jack, for all your support!! Do you know if I should install any other SEO contributions to improve my ranking? Do I need a robot file? Sorry for asking extra questions :-(

You're welcome (and to Fabien too).

Yes, there are other SEO related contributions that should be installed for best results. This is the place to cover those but you can see my signature for others and posts have been made in other threads regarding them.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Well I know it's working because the title changed on the index page, also its in the admin panel. However when I click on the link in the admin panel I get this error:

Not Found (404)

The requested URL /admin/header_tags_seo.php?selected_box=headertags was not found on this server.

I double checked to make sure I copied all the files into the directories and header_tags_seo.php is there...

**EDIT** nvm this post. a fluke, it works now!

Edited by christianbright

My articles.php is just displaying

<title>Article Info </title>

<meta name="Description" content="" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Article Info " >

at the font page. I like to display the name of the title there and the meta information.

articles.php looks like this:

<?php

// Mofification of Header Tags Contribution

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

<?php

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

?>

In header_tags.php

// article_info.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO);

break;

I'm running HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.8 and ArticlesManager_1.57_3

Any ideas?

I'm the owner of a danish gift shop, where you will find gifts, ideas & presents for her & him.

My articles.php is just displaying

<title>Article Info </title>

<meta name="Description" content="" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Article Info " >

at the font page. I like to display the name of the title there and the meta information.

Have you added text in the root boxes in page control for this page?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I was thinking of individual titles and descriptions of each article like categories and products.

I'm the owner of a danish gift shop, where you will find gifts, ideas & presents for her & him.

I was thinking of individual titles and descriptions of each article like categories and products.

Then you need to add the article pages as pseudo pages and fill those in.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then you need to add the article pages as pseudo pages and fill those in.

Oh I see, It looks like It can't read SEO pages, but article_info.php?articles_id=10 works - Thanks!

Lets hope someone will integrate the admin/articles.php within SEO_header_tag some day :-)

Edited by danic

Oh I see, It looks like It can't read SEO pages, but article_info.php?articles_id=10 works - Thanks!

Lets hope someone will integrate the admin/articles.php within SEO_header_tag some day :-)

It works perfectly fine with Ultimate SEO V2.2d. If you are using that version, be sure you have the latest installed and that you have updated your .htaccess file. If you are using some other rewriter, you need to ask its programer to fix the code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Google has finally started indexing my pages and keywords. However, there are two things that I'm scratching my head over:

1) I submitted over 600 URL's but Google seems to have stopped at 100. Is there a limit as to how many URL's Google will index

2) Looking at the dashboard in Google Webmaster, I see all the search terms that are indexed. But, I've discovered that a majority of those terms are index under Google Images, not Google Search. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

1) I submitted over 600 URL's but Google seems to have stopped at 100. Is there a limit as to how many URL's Google will index

2) Looking at the dashboard in Google Webmaster, I see all the search terms that are indexed. But, I've discovered that a majority of those terms are index under Google Images, not Google Search. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Sorry to say, but you've wasted your time submitting those pages. Google will index them when they get to them, whether you submit them or not. There's no limit to the number of pages they index. It, of course, varies with the site but over 1,000 page is not uncommon. How they index your pages is determined by how the pages have been optimized, which is beyond the topic of this thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello i just ran the test in the admin panal and i received this message

Missing Code in File explain

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

can someone help me find the where to download for the contribution package. if thats the fix

thanks

bernie

Hello Jack_mcs and thanks in advance.

I am doing my first serious attempt to modify my web and it is with your work. To do so i reinstalled wamp, following your instructions i face some doubts like...

with headertags_seo_install.php will it erase my actual DB (the online one)?

Thank you.

Can´t find how to edit previous mesage...

In

7) In includes/header.php,

FIND: (Note: the code shown is for an MS2 shop. The only difference between it

an RC2 shop is the name of the image. So when you replace the code, be

sure to change the image name to whatever is correct for your shop.

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

Do I have to change the code if i have RC2?

AND (last)

in

8) In includes/languages/english/product_info.php ,again change code in all languages?

Thank you Jack