• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

So what's your suggestion mods if I need STS, Header Tags SEO, ULTIMATE_Seo and google sitemap? Thank you again!

I don't understand your question? They all work together fine. The version of Ultimate SEO you are using had to be fixed to work with Header Tags but others have mentioned using it so I don't think that is a problem any longer. The rest have always worked with Header Tags, assuming you are using at least version 4.58 of STS, that is.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't understand your question? They all work together fine. The version of Ultimate SEO you are using had to be fixed to work with Header Tags but others have mentioned using it so I don't think that is a problem any longer. The rest have always worked with Header Tags, assuming you are using at least version 4.58 of STS, that is.

Got u, thanks!

I've just installed Header Tags SEO with STS, and I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/user/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 312

Anyone able to shed some light?

I've just installed Header Tags SEO with STS, and I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/user/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 312

Anyone able to shed some light?

All remember that google is your friend.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have got this installed and it works really well for the standard pages (shipping, etc.) and for the categories.

Unfortunately I can't get it to work with Products - same with a couple of test installs. I have checked all the files and I'm sure it's all in OK.

I'm using Ultimate SEO and have seen a few people saying the two are incompatible - how can I get them to work together?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I can't get it to work with Products - same with a couple of test installs. I have checked all the files and I'm sure it's all in OK.

I'm using Ultimate SEO and have seen a few people saying the two are incompatible - how can I get them to work together?

Thanks!

There are roughly six to ten url rewriter contributions. Header Tags SEO works with all of them out of the box except for Ultimate SEO 5. If you are using that one, there is a setting, or some change, you need to make to get it to work. I think it has been covered here but I'm sure it is in that support thread too. If you aren't using SEO 5, or maybe even if you are, the problem could be with the changes made to the product page or that you are using STS and hav eit set to use a product page template. You can turn STS off to see if that is causing a problem. You can also use the included product-info.php file to test your site with and isolate the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Spaces and extra commas won't hurt.In page control, the only language that should be showing, assuming you only have the one, is that one and it should say it right on the box. If it does and you enter text in the title box and don't have the default title checked and do have the root checkbox checked, it should display that title in the correct language.

I have only one language, which is showing in the page control. I entered the desired text in the title box and don´t have the default title checked nor have I the root checkbox checked. But it still adds the english word behore the title. I can send you a screenshot if it helps...

When I click on a category on admin/categories.php and click edit there are htc options for the category title, description, etc. When I enter data in one of those fields and click save, its not saving. When I go back to see if it saved, the data I entered is not there. Did I miss an installation step? I went over the installation notes for the admin/categories.php section and it appears I did everything it requested in that file. Do you have any suggestions as to what I might have skipped over?

Thank you

I have only one language, which is showing in the page control. I entered the desired text in the title box and don´t have the default title checked nor have I the root checkbox checked. But it still adds the english word behore the title. I can send you a screenshot if it helps...

It can only add text you've entered. It pulls that text from various places, depending upon the settings and the page. If it is showing a language you are not using, something is set incorrectly in your shop.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack :-)

In the step one for the installation, it says: "The headertags_seo_update.sql file is only for updating a previous version." Since I've never installed it before, I can skip step one and start with step 2, right?

Thanks!!!! :D

Sabrina

Hi Jack :-)

In the step one for the installation, it says: "The headertags_seo_update.sql file is only for updating a previous version." Since I've never installed it before, I can skip step one and start with step 2, right?

Thanks!!!! :D

Sabrina

No, you misread it. It says you have to make the database changes using headertags_seo.sql or headertags_seo_install.php (the latter is the easiest). Then it says headertags_seo_update.sql is for updates. Notice the difference in the names.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, you misread it. It says you have to make the database changes using headertags_seo.sql or headertags_seo_install.php (the latter is the easiest). Then it says headertags_seo_update.sql is for updates. Notice the difference in the names.

Thanks Jack! I figured that part out and uploaded all the files in the corresponding folders. However, I couldn't find the file sts_templates. It's neither in the root or in the include folder. How can I determine if my shop is STS or BTS?

Thanks Jack! I figured that part out and uploaded all the files in the corresponding folders. However, I couldn't find the file sts_templates. It's neither in the root or in the include folder. How can I determine if my shop is STS or BTS?

For STS, go to admin->modules. If there is a secion named STS, it is installed. For BTS, look for a directory in the root of the shop named templates.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello you all: Which page controls if title tags and meta tags show up right or not.

To which page do I compare it?

My titles, and metatags are not being picked up and shown in browser title area and html code.

Please help.

Oh, and I ran the fill thing many different ways, with no success.

Thanks,

Brian

For STS, go to admin->modules. If there is a secion named STS, it is installed. For BTS, look for a directory in the root of the shop named templates.

How come I couldn't find the section named STS in the module file and I don't have anything named template in the root of the shop? Do I need to install something before I install this contribution? Since I don't have anything named templates in the root, can I assume mine is STS?

Hello you all: Which page controls if title tags and meta tags show up right or not.

To which page do I compare it?

My titles, and metatags are not being picked up and shown in browser title area and html code.

You have to figure out where the problem is. Is the title not showing on the home, category, product or all pages? If all of them, then you've made a mistake in installation for all pages. If for one, then just that page.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to figure out where the problem is. Is the title not showing on the home, category, product or all pages? If all of them, then you've made a mistake in installation for all pages. If for one, then just that page.

Hi Jack:

The default title, Desc and keywords appear on the home, category, product or all pages.

The installation was successful, so it says.

I'm a total novice and don't know where to begin. I double checked all the modifications to be made and everything looks good.

My OSC installation was modified by someone else who is no longer with us. So I don't know what was added or taken out.

Please help,

Brian

How come I couldn't find the section named STS in the module file and I don't have anything named template in the root of the shop? Do I need to install something before I install this contribution? Since I don't have anything named templates in the root, can I assume mine is STS?

The instructions in step one start with

1) ******** NOTE: STS USERS ONLY - Skip to step 1A. *********

******** NOTE: BTS USERS ONLY - Skip to step 1B. *********

Your shop is an STS shop if there is an includes/sts_templates/ directory.

Your shop is a BTS shop if there is a templates directroy in the root directory.

Since you've determined you don't have an STS shop, you do not skip to step 1A as directed. Since you've determined you don't have a BTS shop, you do not skip to step 1B. If you do not skip to step 1A or 1B, you must still be in step 1 and the instructions in step 1 then explain what changes to make to your files. Now, once you have completed step 1, you go to the next step. Since that next step is 1A and you've determined that does not apply to you, you go to the next step. Since the next step is 1B and you've determined that does not apply to you, you go to the next step, which is step 2.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The index and product_info pages are not pseudo pages so you can't add them. The individual tags for them are handled with Fill Tags or in the categories and product edit pages.

Jack

Hello Everyone!

I have seen a number of times osc members inquiring about poseudo & adding pages to index.php.

OK, we can't add pseudo pages to index and product_info...got that.

I have a very particular reason why I wanted to add pages to index.php, maby someone can advice me on a different approach for this.

I have installed allprods and have added pseudo pages to A, B, C, ect,ect. That works like a charm.

Now,

I have added to index.php another Alphabet sorter by adding a little bit of code to index.php,

so now, I'd like to do the same thing to the index Alphabet sorter that I did with the allprods Alphabet sorter, ((pseudo pages to A, B, C, ect,ect.)) See My site for the demo on the index Alphabet sorter I have applied for index.php

Thanks guys...looking forward to your ideas! :thumbsup:

Ronnie

Edited by ronrrico

Now,

I have added to index.php another Alphabet sorter by adding a little bit of code to index.php,

so now, I'd like to do the same thing to the index Alphabet sorter that I did with the allprods Alphabet sorter, ((pseudo pages to A, B, C, ect,ect.)) See My site for the demo on the index Alphabet sorter I have applied for index.php

I don't see any "alphabet sorter" on the home page but whatever filter code you added is just that. It isn't a new page, just a different way to display the same one. After picking a filter, the user would still be on the same page.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't see any "alphabet sorter" on the home page but whatever filter code you added is just that. It isn't a new page, just a different way to display the same one. After picking a filter, the user would still be on the same page.

Thank you for the reply Jack,,,

The "alphabet sorter" I have is not ment to show in home page, is it only ment show when a cpath is present. I also added addiitional restrictions to show "alphabet sorter" in the cpath= of my choosing. Currentlt I only granted permissions to cpath=1_9, SEEthis is why you will only see "alphabet sorter" there.

It isn't a new page, just a different way to display the same one.

This is correct Jack,

allprods.php is also the same way.. (same page, just filterd out diff)

But, I was able to added

http://youregiftbasket.com/allprods.php?fl=A

http://youregiftbasket.com/allprods.php?fl=B

with Pseudo.

I wanted to be able to do the same with index.php, adding [example) index.php?fl=A ,index.php?fl=A, ect.

Here, this is my sort code in index.php

/page_search_abc

if($HTTP_GET_VARS['fl]){

$firstletter=$HTTP_GET_VARS['fl'];

$all_products_array = array();

$all_products_cates = tep_get_categories($all_products_array, $current_category_id);

$is_all_cat = false;

$all_cate = '';

if($current_category_id){

$all_cate .= ' and (p2c.categories_id = "'.$current_category_id.'"';

$is_all_cat = true;

}

for($c=0; $c<sizeof($all_products_cates); $c++){

$all_cate .= ' or p2c.categories_id = "'.$all_products_cates[$c]['id'].'"';

}

if($is_all_cat == true){

$all_cate .= ') and p2c.products_id = p.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id';

}

$firstletter=$HTTP_GET_VARS['fl'];

if($firstletter == 'num'){

$where="where pd.products_name not like 'a%' and pd.products_name not like 'b%' and pd.products_name not like 'c%' and pd.products_name not like 'd%' and pd.products_name not like 'e%' and pd.products_name not like 'f%' and pd.products_name not like 'g%' and pd.products_name not like 'h%' and pd.products_name not like 'i%' and pd.products_name not like 'j%' and pd.products_name not like 'k%' and pd.products_name not like 'l%' and pd.products_name not like 'm%' and pd.products_name not like 'n%' and pd.products_name not like 'o%' and pd.products_name not like 'p%' and pd.products_name not like 'q%' and pd.products_name not like 'r%' and pd.products_name not like 's%' and pd.products_name not like 't%' and pd.products_name not like 'u%' and pd.products_name not like 'v%' and pd.products_name not like 'w%' and pd.products_name not like 'x%' and pd.products_name not like 'y%' and pd.products_name not like 'z%' AND p.products_status='1' and p2c.products_id = p.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id ";

}else{

$where="where pd.products_name like '$firstletter%' AND p.products_status='1' $all_cate ";

}

$listing_sql = "select distinct p.products_id, products_weight, p.products_msrp, p.products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_model, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES ." p2c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id $where order by pd.products_name";

}

$chk_num = tep_db_query($listing_sql);

//page_search_abc

And above product_listing we added the standard A,B,C framework,

<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php $firstletter_nav=

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS, 'fl=A', 'NONSSL') . '" class="mainNav">A</A>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS, 'fl=B', 'NONSSL') . '" class="mainNav">B</A>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS, 'fl=C', 'NONSSL') . '" class="mainNav">C</A>' .

So what do you think Jack! this would boost SEO probabilities 1000%

Thanks again for your help & advice.

Edited by ronrrico

Hi Jack:

The default title, Desc and keywords appear on the home, category, product or all pages.

The installation was successful, so it says.

I'm a total novice and don't know where to begin. I double checked all the modifications to be made and everything looks good.

My OSC installation was modified by someone else who is no longer with us. So I don't know what was added or taken out.

Please help,

Brian

Hi Jack:

The problem was the search engine friendly urls in config were turned on.

SEO header tags started working correctly after I turned that option off.

Now I have a new problem. All links on my site pointing to my OSC store are SEF links.

The question I have is, do you known if there's an automatic redirect contrib and is ULTIMATE SEO 5 PRO compatible with SEO header tags?

Thanks Friend,

Brian

Hi Jack:

The problem was the search engine friendly urls in config were turned on.

SEO header tags started working correctly after I turned that option off.

Now I have a new problem. All links on my site pointing to my OSC store are SEF links.

The question I have is, do you known if there's an automatic redirect contrib and is ULTIMATE SEO 5 PRO compatible with SEO header tags?

Thanks Friend,

Brian

Brian

USU 5 (soon to be released) works with header tags ( there were issues with path based urls which header tags can't handle ) and will 301 redirect SEF urls ( and I'm assuming you mean the osC experimental search engine safe urls ).

Header tags will probably break with 5 PRO if using the language options as they are path based.

Edited by FWR Media

Brian

USU 5 (soon to be released) works with header tags ( there were issues with path based urls which header tags can't handle ) and will 301 redirect SEF urls ( and I'm assuming you mean the osC experimental search engine safe urls ).

Header tags will probably break with 5 PRO if using the language options as they are path based.

Thanks Jack,

Please let me know when USU 5 is released. Manually changing over 200 hundred URLS is time consuming.

I'd rather be patient and wait for USU 5.

Can I see it somewhere?

Many thanks,

Brian

Hi Jack,

I finished the installation, but when I go to admin->catalog as directed in the How to Operate file, it shows the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /hermes/web04/b1844/moo.harperds/shop/admin/categories.php on line 560.

Would you please help? Thanks soooooo much!!! :-)

Oh, BTW, I have USU5, what should I do to make them both work?

Sabrina