• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I am getting this show up below my top nav bar:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); else $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query); ?>

I have installed this before and had no problems, but I think I may have done something wrong in the install. Any ideas how to remedy this?

Here is a link so you can see what I mean:

http://designerdevil.co.uk/test-category-c-21.html

I am getting this show up below my top nav bar:

It means you made a mistake in one of the edits. That is usually caused by copying over, or not copying, one of the php delimiters (<>php and ?>).

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It means you made a mistake in one of the edits. That is usually caused by copying over, or not copying, one of the php delimiters (<>php and ?>).

Thanks Jack. So is it a case of looking through every file or will it be in one specifically?

Thanks Jack. So is it a case of looking through every file or will it be in one specifically?

It will be in one of the files edited on the shop side and only dealing with that page, which leaves out product_info. Search the files in the contribution for part of the displayed text, like (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])), and you should quickly find where the change was made.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

1st. Thank you for this contribution! works like a charm.

I have an issue trying to style anything that is in between <h1> and </h1>,

like product_name, price, ect, ect.

The install says to:

FIND (around line 102)

<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

REPLACE with

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<td valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1></td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_price; ?></h1></td>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

NOTE: In any page in which you make the change to the title for Header Tags,

you should also locate the line containing HEADING_TITLE, remove the

pageHeading class and add the h1 tags as above.

We have done this, we have also added to stylesheet:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

h1 {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 20px;

font-weight: bold;

margin-bottom: 0;

padding-bottom: 0;

color: #000;

}

h2 {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 14px;

font-weight: normal;

margin-bottom: 0;

padding-bottom: 0;

color: #000;

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

We have edited h1 in stylesheet and there is no change.

I hava tried a number of differant methods to add style, but no luck.

It always show same size & color.

Can someone please shed some light in regards to this issue i am having.

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Hello...can you tell me what you did to overcome this problem? I am having same problem with editing h1.

thank you.

Mark

I just installed SEO-Meta-Tags-STS-1.0. Could anyone please tell me how can I test it, so I know I did everything correctly? Thanks so much!

This is the support thread for Header Tags SEO. Please ask your question in the support thread for the contribution you are using.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the contribution it is working perfectly.

I have only one question regarding the meta keywords.

If I fill them manually in admin/catalog/ filling different keywords for category, subcategory and product, the resulting keywords in the displayed product page source-code are divided with too many commas between the words (for example: toys, for kids, , , aged 3+, outdoor).

Does this negatively affect the google search?

If yes, how can I remove those unwanted commas?

Thanks for any suggestions..

If I fill them manually in admin/catalog/ filling different keywords for category, subcategory and product, the resulting keywords in the displayed product page source-code are divided with too many commas between the words (for example: toys, for kids, , , aged 3+, outdoor).

The only time there will be extra commas is when some option is being used that isn't filled in properly. Maybe you have the root option set in page control and no root text, or the same with the default option or some other setting.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The only time there will be extra commas is when some option is being used that isn't filled in properly. Maybe you have the root option set in page control and no root text, or the same with the default option or some other setting.

Ok I unchecked the root option and one of the two unwanted commas wanished. One extra comma is still there... I have also the Include: product checked. Could it be because of this?

Update: I´ve reset the options, now the unwanted commas are gone, but there blank space after some keywords and not directly a comma. Hope this is ok for search-engines...

Edited by lacoz

Update: I´ve reset the options, now the unwanted commas are gone, but there blank space after some keywords and not directly a comma. Hope this is ok for search-engines...

It sounds like you didn't run fill tags since the product is empty. None of the fields should be empty if you are using them.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you didn't run fill tags since the product is empty. None of the fields should be empty if you are using them.

That says that the execution time exceeds, that why I decided to fill the tags manually hoping they would be more accurate...

That says that the execution time exceeds, that why I decided to fill the tags manually hoping they would be more accurate...

Don't run it with one of the overrides enabled. Just scroll down to the bottom, select fill all, or fill empty, the the three sections, or one at a time if it times out, and it should work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have to admit that I am a beginner in stuff like this. Are there some instructions or guide on how to correctly use this contribution, what boxes should be checked in page control etc.?

Don't run it with one of the overrides enabled. Just scroll down to the bottom, select fill all, or fill empty, the the three sections, or one at a time if it times out, and it should work.

Ok I did that, the tags are now filled. Now when I go to a product page, in the source in keywords there are also the "-" characters, which I have in the product names. How can I get rid of them?

I have to admit that I am a beginner in stuff like this. Are there some instructions or guide on how to correctly use this contribution, what boxes should be checked in page control etc.?

Probably not as much as there should be but there are some in the docs directory of this contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok I did that, the tags are now filled. Now when I go to a product page, in the source in keywords there are also the "-" characters, which I have in the product names. How can I get rid of them?

It's better to let the code add the dashes but if you want to add your own, there are settings in admin0<Configuration->Header Tags SEO where you can remove the ones the contribution uses.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's better to let the code add the dashes but if you want to add your own, there are settings in admin0<Configuration->Header Tags SEO where you can remove the ones the contribution uses.

If it doesn´t negatively affect the search-engine, then I don´t care. I just believed, that in the keywords there had to be only commas. After filling the tags, the extra commas that I mentioned before, wanished, but there are still unwanted spaces after the keyword (for example toys ,). Is this ok?

And one more issue. I added the header tags seo code also to the conditios.php, shipping.php etc. pages. As I am located in Europe, I use no english version of the shop. So in conditions.php the title should be "Obchodne podmienky" (in slovak). But no matter what I do in the page control, there is allways just "Conditions" showing in the title (cleared the browser cache, ...). Do You have any ideas on this issue?

If it doesn´t negatively affect the search-engine, then I don´t care. I just believed, that in the keywords there had to be only commas. After filling the tags, the extra commas that I mentioned before, wanished, but there are still unwanted spaces after the keyword (for example toys ,). Is this ok?

Spaces and extra commas won't hurt.

And one more issue. I added the header tags seo code also to the conditios.php, shipping.php etc. pages. As I am located in Europe, I use no english version of the shop. So in conditions.php the title should be "Obchodne podmienky" (in slovak). But no matter what I do in the page control, there is allways just "Conditions" showing in the title (cleared the browser cache, ...). Do You have any ideas on this issue?

In page control, the only language that should be showing, assuming you only have the one, is that one and it should say it right on the box. If it does and you enter text in the title box and don't have the default title checked and do have the root checkbox checked, it should display that title in the correct language.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

To Jack_mcs,

Thanks for your help first, after I install your header tags v3.1.8, Internet explorer displays products not properly. But I have no problem with Firefox and Google Chrome. Below is my server info with MODS I installed.

Database: MySQL 5.0.89-community-log

PHP Version: MySQL 5.0.89-community-log

OSC version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

MOD Installed: STSv4.5.8 by bkellum and ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r141_stable - by FWR Media

How can I give you my weblink? PM or email you? Could you help me to take a look? I believe there has something wrong on product_info.php. Thank you!

Regards, John

Thanks for your help first, after I install your header tags v3.1.8, Internet explorer displays products not properly. But I have no problem with Firefox and Google Chrome. Below is my server info with MODS I installed.

MOD Installed: STSv4.5.8 by bkellum and

A display problem isn't caused by this contribution unless a mistake was made in the installation. Others have mentioned problems with some page not displaying correctly and, as I recall, they were using STS. You would need to search through this thread for that (or use google). You can also use the included pages to help locate where the problem actually is.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A display problem isn't caused by this contribution unless a mistake was made in the installation. Others have mentioned problems with some page not displaying correctly and, as I recall, they were using STS. You would need to search through this thread for that (or use google). You can also use the included pages to help locate where the problem actually is.

Thanks for your quick reply, before I installed Header Tags SEO, everything was ok. So are you saying Header Tags SEO has compatible issue with STS??

Thanks for your quick reply, before I installed Header Tags SEO, everything was ok. So are you saying Header Tags SEO has compatible issue with STS??

Yes, 100%. I've installed it into many shops using STS and it always works. The installation is different, as detailed in the install file though so you have to be sure you've completed it correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, 100%. I've installed it into many shops using STS and it always works. The installation is different, as detailed in the install file though so you have to be sure you've completed it correctly.

So what's your suggestion mods if I need STS, Header Tags SEO, ULTIMATE_Seo and google sitemap? Thank you again!