• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

The easiest way is to use the supplied files. If they don't fail, then the problem is in your files and you have to compare them. You can upload the index.php file as some other name so it doesn't disrupt your site.

kk I uploaded the provided index.php and renamed it test.php then went to my website and immidiatly got an error on line 33 went to my index.php and seen what was there and this is that line

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT_HOME);

added this line to the contrib file ( test.php ) and then went to the admin side and configured test.php with a title and description and just like my index page it only shows the default title and description no matter what i put in the check boxs ( i had root checked 1 product 2 ) default title and default description was not checked so i think i can now safely remove the index page as the problem i allready have the catalog/includes/header_tags.php from the contrib uploaded so now what direction should i be looking

Jack I would like to thank you for all your help, and let you know that I do appriciate all the work you have put into this contrib. I am sure this will help my site in being indexed and for that my hat is off to you.

Good morning again I do have a question about the psudo pages I have links manager II, ultimate seo urls installed on my site and when i go to my main links page i get this url mysite/links.php and when i go to one of the link catagories the url looks like this mysite/-links-0_4.html looking at your instructions for adding psudo pages this is confusing to me can you please advise me on how i would add a psudo page with these links?

I have tried that and i get this error

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

with all pages

i think now i have too uninstall that contrib but i want to do that as a last resort any suggestions on how i can get this information without doing that?

Hi,

Need help!

I have a Shop with OSC CMS with installed a lot of addons and on of them Header Tags Controller 2.6.3

- How can I update quickly Header Tags Controller 2.6.3 => Header Tags SEO 3.1.8 without loosing information ?

Edited by SerNeo

I have tried that and i get this error

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

with all pages

i think now i have too uninstall that contrib but i want to do that as a last resort any suggestions on how i can get this information without doing that?

Assuming you don't have the search engine friendly option turned on, then it is some problem with your installation - a mistake, a template you may be using - and that isn't something that can be handled via a support thread.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Need help!

I have a Shop with OSC CMS with installed a lot of addons and on of them Header Tags Controller 2.6.3

- How can I update quickly Header Tags Controller 2.6.3 => Header Tags SEO 3.1.8 without loosing information ?

Upload all of the new files in this contribution, perform the steps in the installation files and run the update sql file. You will lose your index and product title and tags but that can be fixed in a few minutes.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Assuming you don't have the search engine friendly option turned on, then it is some problem with your installation - a mistake, a template you may be using - and that isn't something that can be handled via a support thread.

hello jack no i do not have the serch engine friendly option turned on what contrib are you reffereing to as to the mistake ? ( seo url's ? )

but while i got your attention since i seen you were the auther for links manager too can you tell me what the normal url would be typicly for links manager if there were no other addons on a site ? ( mysite.com/links.php?xxxxxxxxxx ) maybe i can play with it if i knew what the syntax is supposed to be ?

Hello Jack,

On part 7

7) In includes/header.php,

FIND: (Note: the code shown is for an MS2 shop. The only difference between it

an RC2 shop is the name of the image. So when you replace the code, be

sure to change the image name to whatever is correct for your shop.

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

REPLACE with:

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

Note: There are four extra fields, logo_text_1 through logo_text_4 that can be used

for displaying text for additional images in the logo, or anywhere on the page

if you like. The same code as above would be used except the logo_text would

have to be changed to logo_text_1, and so on

The only line I have relation to this is :

<td background="images/headerdiv.jpg" width="800" height="69"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'logo.jpg', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></td>

Can you please let me know how to modify this file,

Thanks

hello jack no i do not have the serch engine friendly option turned on what contrib are you reffereing to as to the mistake ? ( seo url's ? )

but while i got your attention since i seen you were the auther for links manager too can you tell me what the normal url would be typicly for links manager if there were no other addons on a site ? ( mysite.com/links.php?xxxxxxxxxx ) maybe i can play with it if i knew what the syntax is supposed to be ?

I meant a mistake in your shop - could be anywhere.

The links manager link was gone through a few pages back.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

<td background="images/headerdiv.jpg" width="800" height="69"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'logo.jpg', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></td>

Replace STORE_NAME with

(tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text'] : STORE_NAME)

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the system updating now, but still cant use the use keywords page function but thats not so bad.

john i was reading this thread with your problem and i am having the exact same problem what did you do to get them to start updating? that part seems to be missing?

Jack i just went thru the psudo page and it added this bit of code to the catalog/include/header_tags.php

if (! $found)

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_LINKS);

} else

this appears to me that it is going to load the same page filename_links am i missing something here ? or should the first filename_links be something different?

Jack i just went thru the psudo page and it added this bit of code to the catalog/include/header_tags.php

if (! $found)

} else

this appears to me that it is going to load the same page filename_links am i missing something here ? or should the first filename_links be something different?

The } else doesn't belong to the shown if statement so the code isn't doing what the above implies.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack I have istaled Header Tags SEO V 3.12 by Jack_mcs

and I have istalled a brand new shop RC2

and if I start a tes t isee this

Test Results

Missing Database Error: explain

The Header Tags entries are missing from the configuration table.

Missing Code in File explain

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

can you tell me what i do a wrong ?

Regds Columbus

The } else doesn't belong to the shown if statement so the code isn't doing what the above implies.

i rem'ed out the line with the else and the also that line and the line below it and both time i got an error on my site when i went to my site( it made my whole site go down ) it gave me an error on the header_tags.php something about a case statement ( i think it was saying that a case statemnent needs the else not sure tho ) so i have attached the complete little blurb of code below so that you see what it is trying to do. Please forgive my lack of knowledge about php to understand what this statement is wanting or trying to accompllish but my thoughts are that it is creating the page name for the psudo pages here so shouldnt the first reference of filename_links be the name its creating? and the second one saying to use the header tag information for the links.php page if it dont find a psudo page ?

// links.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_LINKS):

$page = 'links.php?lPath=0_';

$parts = explode("?",$page);

$parts = explode("=", $parts[1]);

if (isset($parts[0])) {

$found = false;

$name = FILENAME_LINKS . "?" . $parts[0] . "=";

$pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $name . "%' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) > 0) {

while($pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query)) {

if ($name . $_GET[$parts[0]] === $pageTags['page_name']) {

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page($pageTags['page_name']);

$found = true;

break;

} } }

if (! $found)

} else

break;

Hello Jack I have istaled Header Tags SEO V 3.12 by Jack_mcs

and I have istalled a brand new shop RC2

and if I start a tes t isee this

Test Results

Missing Database Error: explain

Missing Code in File explain

can you tell me what i do a wrong ?

Have you tried clicking the explain link?

The latest version is 3.18 so you should upgrade.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i rem'ed out the line with the else and the also that line and the line below it and both time i got an error on my site when i went to my site( it made my whole site go down ) it gave me an error on the header_tags.php something about a case statement ( i think it was saying that a case statemnent needs the else not sure tho )

The code works fine as is so it doesn't require editing.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I just finish installation,

the alignment of my page incorrect after installing Header Tags

the problem is only with internt explorer,no problem with chrome.

when i click any product the alignment change,I do have Simple multi image addon mod (if some to do with )

I also upload the product_info.php from your file's and still no luck

any idea ?

Thank's for your help

Edited by jokaya

If you replaced the complete file and it still isn't formatted correctly, then it has to be due the code in your shop. Maybe you are using STS or a BTS based shop.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons