• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack

To start I wanted to say Thank you, this is a great tool. I install it and everythis was going good. I was in admin and ran the test and had no issues other that double discriptions. that was not the issue. when I returned to the main page i recieced an error that said "data base (my DB #)heardertag does not exsit use default headertag if language=1 " and the site went down. I check my DB and every thing was there, I double check to make sure all files were uploaded and in the right Dir and the admin page seam to be running fine. After several attempts to fix the problem. I unistalled the DB and replaced all the files with my backups to get the site back up. Any suggestions

Thank you

Rick Ford

Well - I do have a small question to you: what is the purpose of the file 'header_tags_seo_words.txt'?

Looking to the code I guess it is supposed to remove defined words from the keyword generation process?

Since my shop is in German language, I better feed the 'header_tags_seo_words.txt' with German phrases? Correct?

In case I am right - maybe another user from Germany has done this already and it would be great to get a copy.

That file contains words that are removed when the generate keywords from site option is used. There's no point in having keywords that contain words like "a" since the search engines will generally strip them anyway. You are correct that they should be converted to German if that is the language of your site. But only bother with doing that if you use that option.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

To start I wanted to say Thank you, this is a great tool. I install it and everythis was going good. I was in admin and ran the test and had no issues other that double discriptions. that was not the issue. when I returned to the main page i recieced an error that said "data base (my DB #)heardertag does not exsit use default headertag if language=1 " and the site went down. I check my DB and every thing was there, I double check to make sure all files were uploaded and in the right Dir and the admin page seam to be running fine. After several attempts to fix the problem. I unistalled the DB and replaced all the files with my backups to get the site back up. Any suggestions

Thank you

Rick Ford

The error is saying the database entries for Header Tags weren't there but if you ran the test in admin successfully, I don't see how that can be. Did you run fill tags after installing? The instructions say to stop after the shop side is installed. Did you do that and check it?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

forget the above post i realise that you dont need BTS or STS Installed, but ive just found out with my template files the index.php and pruduct info.php are customised so to use this contribution i would have to get someone to alter the code of these two files, i have tried manually altering them, and there are subtle changes in the code not a lot but i dont know jack about php.

if anyone would be able to help i would much appreciate it

Alan

SB

After tweaked for couples hours, now categories and sub-categories have their own title, descriptions and keywords.

Do we need META in <body></body>? I found header_tags.php is called in header.php to generate META in <body></body>.

Hi, I have the same problem on title, description, keywords for categories and sub-categories are the same as index.php. Can you tell me how you solved this problem. I am going to crazy when seeing this problem..

That file contains words that are removed when the generate keywords from site option is used. There's no point in having keywords that contain words like "a" since the search engines will generally strip them anyway. You are correct that they should be converted to German if that is the language of your site. But only bother with doing that if you use that option.

Hello Jack,

Thanks for the fast response - however I do have a problem in identifying what the 'generate keywords from site option' is or what selection is ment.

regards

Dieter

Thanks for the fast response - however I do have a problem in identifying what the 'generate keywords from site option' is or what selection is ment.

See the radio button at the end of the keywords box in page control or the override option in fill tags.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am getting an odd error. Implode errors/

http://www.midwestracing.co.uk/shop/conditions.php'>http://www.midwestracing.co.uk/shop/conditions.php shows implode errors.

but

http://www.midwestracing.co.uk/shop/ does not.

I am using Header Tags SEO with 2.2a and I have the STS templates.

Apologise for the poorly formatted page but I seem to be struggling to get OsC to accept my <div> style layout. But with the aid to STS I seem to be getting there.

Jack Stringer (the other Jack)

I am getting an odd error. Implode errors/

http://www.midwestracing.co.uk/shop/conditions.php shows implode errors.

That usually happens when fill tags isn't ran but only on category or product pages. For other pages, even if the fields are empty, the code should build the title manually so I don't know what might be causing that. Try entering text into the title and tag boxes of Page Control for that page and see if that helps.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That usually happens when fill tags isn't ran but only on category or product pages. For other pages, even if the fields are empty, the code should build the title manually so I don't know what might be causing that. Try entering text into the title and tag boxes of Page Control for that page and see if that helps.

Sorted, it was because I had turned off root. Turning on root and putting some info in there sorted it. Thanks Jack.

Jack Stringer

Having a save error with latest HTC and tinymce.

It started out on my last shop where i could not save the data that was inputed in tinymce editor window for categorie description, and a lot of funny text was showing up in there. There i had to many mods install so i start from scratch.

I have install a clean RC2A shop with latest HTC, and added the tinymce editor and used the code from HTC in the categories.php file.

The text allready in DB show up in editor, but any text entered is disapering. All fields that dont have tinymce editor is saved.

Any suggestion where to look to get the saving to work. Or is there any other editor thats recomended to use.

I have install a clean RC2A shop with latest HTC, and added the tinymce editor and used the code from HTC in the categories.php file.

The text allready in DB show up in editor, but any text entered is disapering. All fields that dont have tinymce editor is saved.

You should upgrade to Header Tags SEO.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, Can you help out out why my title, meta description, keywords for category are the same with index.php? I am using the Header Tags SEO V 3.1.8. There is no problem with product page. I try to select "category" on the right column, but the title, meta description, keywords for category come with what index.php has. It is" Category' title+ index.php' title" on the head of every category page. I did not know how to solve this. And I am not very good at programming.

Please would you help me out? Thanks.

Hi Jack, Can you help out out why my title, meta description, keywords for category are the same with index.php? I am using the Header Tags SEO V 3.1.8. There is no problem with product page. I try to select "category" on the right column, but the title, meta description, keywords for category come with what index.php has. It is" Category' title+ index.php' title" on the head of every category page. I did not know how to solve this. And I am not very good at programming.

Please would you help me out? Thanks.

I'm confused as to what the problem is. You can that on every category page the title is " Category' title+ index.php' title." Does that mean the category title of each category is showing? If so, if you are asking how to remove the index title from those, uncheck the root checkbox in page control for index.php.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am sorry that if I do not say my question very clearly.

Yes, I click" category" on the control page for Header tag SEO. Then the title for every category page showed that title for category+ title for index.php.

I asked my programmer, they said there is nothing wrong with their setting. How can I tell them to do so that every category page have its own title, description, keywords?

You should upgrade to Header Tags SEO.

i have Header Tags SEO, Sorry for not makeing the version showing more clearly. But i asumed that in the Header Tags SEO tread and mention latest would be enough.

I am sorry that if I do not say my question very clearly.

Yes, I click" category" on the control page for Header tag SEO. Then the title for every category page showed that title for category+ title for index.php.

I asked my programmer, they said there is nothing wrong with their setting. How can I tell them to do so that every category page have its own title, description, keywords?

Run fill tags.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i have Header Tags SEO, Sorry for not makeing the version showing more clearly. But i asumed that in the Header Tags SEO tread and mention latest would be enough.

Use the TinyMCE Anywhere contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Use the TinyMCE Anywhere contribution.

I am using that..

I have installed thees contribs only.

oscommerce-2.2rc2a.zip

norwegian_2.2_RC2a.zip Language files.

HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.8.zip

tinyMCE Anywhere.zip with the updated ibrowser update 20070917.zip (the other ones was for mail/news)

What i found out so far is.

In firefox it is working.

In IE 8 it is not working(set site as trusted site dident help.)

Any suggestion to what settings i have to change in IE to get it to work.

Hi Jack,

I have installed Header Tag SEO and is working fine on my site even TEST does not show any error. Everything is fine. But Jack I found alignment of my site is tilted. I also check proper file added correctly. I also use WinMerge to compare site pages, nothing was found. You are requested to help me out of this problem why the alignment is tilted and and header banner just go up above.

Hi,

Just installed HeaderTags SEO 3.1.8 into 2.2rc2a and I think I have ironed out most of the errors during code insertion, but a couple must still remain. Any idea where to look for them?

Errors:

1. At the top of every Category (and sub-cat) page, 'path Standard' text is displayed above shop logo in top left. Home and info pages are OK. Assume it must be towards the top of index.php but can't see anything obvious.

2. Top of admin page has warning: Found Missing Tags: Categories table has 2 items with missing meta tag information. I've gone thru' all the cat pages and all seem to be filled; used 'Fill all' and 'Fill empty tags' options, no better. Can't see anything in raw database tables to help.

3. After update of Fill Tags, a blank page is displayed. I have to back page on the browser to clear it.

The last two are not serious but I don't want the spurious text displayed to shop visitors.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mike

Edited by mghay

I am using that..

I have installed thees contribs only.

oscommerce-2.2rc2a.zip

norwegian_2.2_RC2a.zip Language files.

HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.8.zip

tinyMCE Anywhere.zip with the updated ibrowser update 20070917.zip (the other ones was for mail/news)

What i found out so far is.

In firefox it is working.

In IE 8 it is not working(set site as trusted site dident help.)

Any suggestion to what settings i have to change in IE to get it to work.

I don't know what problem you are having but if it is just that the editor isn't showing, then be sure the options in admin for Header Tags are enabled. Otherwise, it's not a Header Tags issue. You will need to ask in the support thread for TinyMCE.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons