• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

The code looks for these definitions:

DIR_WS_TEMPLATES

DIR_WS_TEMPLATES_DEFAULT

If either is in your configure file or in your database, the code thinks it is a templated shop. Other than that, I don't know what it could be.

Jack

Jack hi,

I don't have in my configure file the definitions and sure I don;t use a tmplates site but it keep saying that I have CRE or oscMax Error.

I red the posts but I cannot find any assistance.

I use HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.7, Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_4 and googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.4.

I tried to check the steps in the install_catalog of HeaderTags contribution but I'm afraid it has new code and I'm not sure if I will harm it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Fanzy

You (someone) will have to troubleshoot the code to see why it thinks you have a template installed.

Jack

Hi jack,

I think you refer to me; I'm not very experienced, can you suggest me how shall I troubleshoot with the code to find out why it thinks there is a template installed?

Fanzy

Hi jack,

I think you refer to me; I'm not very experienced, can you suggest me how shall I troubleshoot with the code to find out why it thinks there is a template installed?

Fanzy

No, that would take too long for a support thread like this. I will do that if it is a problem is in the cotnribution, sometimes, but that isn't the case here since the code works in many other shops.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

No, that would take too long for a support thread like this. I will do that if it is a problem is in the cotnribution, sometimes, but that isn't the case here since the code works in many other shops.

Jack

ok thanx

Fanzy

would like to point you to a bug I found in the install_Catalog.txt instructions.

in product_info.php

FIND (around line 240)

</table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->

ADD ABOVE it:

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
     <tr>
      <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
      <td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 
      <?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>
     </tr>
     <?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

instead, Add

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
     <tr>
      <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
      <td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 
      <?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>
     </tr>
     <?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

the only different is the

. '/# ' .

instead of

. '"/# ' .

just one silly little double quote - Took me nearly 20 minutes to figure out why the page layout got all broken up.

Hope you'll update it in your next release. Thanks !

The code is correct as it is. Your change is probably fixing some other error on the page.

Jack

Hmm, i thought you might be right, so I did an before and after comparison of the source HTML that would be generated.

Original

<tr>
      <td class="smallText" align="center">Currently viewing: 
      <a title="" href="http://www.madammilan.com.sg/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=15/"# "></a></td>
</tr>

Looks like a unclosed quote to me.

After I removed that little " sign

<tr>
      <td class="smallText" align="center">Currently viewing: 
      <a title="" href="http://www.madammilan.com.sg/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=15/# "></a></td>
</tr>

Hi Jack,

I am experiencing a problem which I can only assume has something to do with the header tags seo i installed, but I am not 100% sure..

I have header tags SEO and all seems to be going ok, but I recently had some trouble with some simple link boxes I was adding in from my old store. There are all single box files of the following form

<!-- Extra Links Box v1.0 //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents2 = array();

$info_box_contents2[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => BOX_HEADING_LINKSBOX );

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents2, false, false);

$info_box_contents2 = array();

$info_box_contents2[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="http:\\pureindollgence.com\reborn_dolls\bookstore.html" title="bookstorelink">Visit Our Bookstore</a>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents2);

?>

</td></tr>

<!-- Extra Links Box v1.0_eof //-->

Now for the problem, I add them in and IF any of the links have http:\\pureindollgence.com (the store root domain) in them.. the resulting click goes to for example:

http://pureindollgence.com/pureindollgence.../bookstore.html (or whatever other html page I reference.. BUT, if the link is to another domain other than pureindollgence.com they work fine. Could this be being replaced by header tags somehow before or during the call?

Now for the problem, I add them in and IF any of the links have http:\\pureindollgence.com (the store root domain) in them.. the resulting click goes to for example:

http://pureindollgence.com/pureindollgence.../bookstore.html (or whatever other html page I reference.. BUT, if the link is to another domain other than pureindollgence.com they work fine. Could this be being replaced by header tags somehow before or during the call?

No, Header Tags won't cause anything like that. I suppose if it were installed incorrectly it could cause it, but I doubt it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

how to modify the canonical url from the index page from

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.altshop.ro/index.php" >

too

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.altshop.ro/" >

?

i need this modification because i use redirectig from idex.php to root / from htacess, and i use this code

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /.*index\.php\ HTTP/

RewriteRule ^(.*)index\.php$ http://www.altshop.ro/$1 [R=301,L]

how to modify the canonical url from the index page from

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.altshop.ro/index.php" >

too

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.altshop.ro/" >

?

i need this modification because i use redirectig from idex.php to root / from htacess, and i use this code

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /.*index\.php\ HTTP/

RewriteRule ^(.*)index\.php$ http://www.altshop.ro/$1 [R=301,L]

The code could be changed in includes/functions/header_tags.php but I'm not sure it is worth the effort. The canonical code will change list the url using index.php and the search engines will note the redirect for that. It's a little extra work for them but they should figure it out. I could be mistaken about that but the only way to know is to see if the index.php link shows up in the listings. If the code was changed, it would have to be specific to shops that use that code. Granted, all shops should use it, but many don't and changing the code in the contribution would break those shops. So, at this point, if you want that change, the code change will have to be made in just your shop.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just installed this on a v2.2 RC2a store and am going through all the documentation and features. In the zip file, there are a couple of screenshots that I can't seem to locate in our Admin: Admin_HeaderTags_SEO_FillTags.jpg and Admin_HeaderTags_SEO_PageControl.jpg. I checked my work to see if I missed a step but cannot find the solution. Any ideas?

I just installed this on a v2.2 RC2a store and am going through all the documentation and features. In the zip file, there are a couple of screenshots that I can't seem to locate in our Admin: Admin_HeaderTags_SEO_FillTags.jpg and Admin_HeaderTags_SEO_PageControl.jpg. I checked my work to see if I missed a step but cannot find the solution. Any ideas?

You had to have made a mistake since those two sections make up the majority of Header Tags in admin.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You had to have made a mistake since those two sections make up the majority of Header Tags in admin.

Jack

I have analyzed all the steps and can't determine where I made a mistake. Part of the problem might be trying to implement all the changes in the admin/categories.php file, which had already been edited with a shipping module contribution.

Hi,

recently added Header Tags to a store, and all worked fine until I tried to rename a category. I discovered then that if I try to change a category name or create a new category, the name is always blank. Images can be attached, and the category name can be directly entered in the database and it will work, but trying to edit or create a category through the admin results in a blank every time.

I've re-done the categories.php file a couple of times without fixing the issue. Any idea where I need to look for the problem?

Thanks in advance

Dominic

I've re-done the categories.php file a couple of times without fixing the issue. Any idea where I need to look for the problem?

What happens when you use the categories file that comes with the contribution, as mentioned in the trobuleshooting section of the install file?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

where can i insert the product model in the title for all the products ?

Try searching the thread for "product model."

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi jack

problem i have is when I go into a category on website which has subcategories I get following error.

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); else $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query); ?>

any ideas where I went wrong

I tried the category file with contrib and manufacturers file to see if that would change anything.

Edited by markhere

hi jack

problem i have is when I go into a category on website which has subcategories I get following error.

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); else $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query); ?>

any ideas where I went wrong

I tried the category file with contrib and manufacturers file to see if that would change anything.

resolved this issue was mistake i made in the index edit

Now seems to be ok except have this

ANGELS is one of our best categories. There are many types of Angels\'s in the Angels category.

seems to have similar message on all category and product pages

Now seems to be ok except have this

ANGELS is one of our best categories. There are many types of Angels\'s in the Angels category.

seems to have similar message on all category and product pages

I don't know what "similar message on all category and product pages" means but you can edit the text in the categories and products edit pages.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code could be changed in includes/functions/header_tags.php but I'm not sure it is worth the effort. The canonical code will change list the url using index.php and the search engines will note the redirect for that. It's a little extra work for them but they should figure it out. I could be mistaken about that but the only way to know is to see if the index.php link shows up in the listings. If the code was changed, it would have to be specific to shops that use that code. Granted, all shops should use it, but many don't and changing the code in the contribution would break those shops. So, at this point, if you want that change, the code change will have to be made in just your shop.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I want the canonical link to be http://www.mydomain.com/ at www.mydomain.com and www.mydomain.com/index.php,

I dont want the index.php followed because it harms my ranking, now only www.mydomin.com/index.php shows in serps not www.mydomain.com.

Please tell me how to modify "includes/functions/header_tags.php" ?

Thanks