• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Note the addition of the line:

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo $breadcrumb->last(); ?></td>

Is this a mistake?

The code in the Install_Catalog.TXT seems to work ok.

would anyone like to comment?

Hmm, quite strange. That code does not belong there and I don't have it in my test shop here. It is in the last version though (not the ones before). I've no idea how that happened. A copy/paste mistake probably. In any event, it should be removed from that file.

Thanks for following through and posting the mistake.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The titles i entered are still there. So my admin is working.

On the shop side, i replaced the includes/header_tags.php, ran the uninstall, and then the install sql scripts using the php file. Received a succesfful notice. I got the title on the home page saying to change it. I changed them all again and they all still show as the default...

So it worked until you made an edit in admin. I can't think of any reason for that. I'm assuming you are not changing the checkboxes when you do that. If you are, try it again and don't change anything except the title of the index page. If it fails again, I can't think of anything other than a mistake in the installation. You can try using the included files to see if the problem goes away.

One other thing... i don't know how long this has been going on for or if it is connected but when i click on catalog/manufacturer in the administration i receive this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/runnerp1/public_html/admin/manufacturers.php on line 79

That's an installation mistake. You need to look at the edits for the admin/manufacturers.php file, or just use the included one to test and compare.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I've seen it answered somewhere, but the search function of this board is quite poor...

After installation everything seemed to run fine, now after playing with it for a while I found that both specials and manufacturers display an error:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 64

I've ran "fill tags", but that didn't help.

I'd appreciate your help, even although it's probably a repeat. I have version 3.1.6 installed

I've seen it answered somewhere, but the search function of this board is quite poor...

After installation everything seemed to run fine, now after playing with it for a while I found that both specials and manufacturers display an error:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 64

I've ran "fill tags", but that didn't help.

I'd appreciate your help, even although it's probably a repeat. I have version 3.1.6 installed

That's almost always due to the tables for those being emoty. Maybe running the test routine will show something. Otherwise, I don't know what else to suggest.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's almost always due to the tables for those being emoty. Maybe running the test routine will show something. Otherwise, I don't know what else to suggest.

Jack

OK, I found it, there were 4 instances of "if (isset($sortOrder['xxxx']))" missing for some reason...

Hi, Wondering if someone could help me out with this small problem.

The header tags seo module works except in the admin "Page Control", "Fill Tags, and "Test" does not appear. I went directly to these pages and tested it the module. The module works fine, but it would be nice to have those links easily available.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ed

If you have the admin access contribution installed, you have to enabled them (see that thread for details on how to do that). Otherwise, you probably made a mistake with the installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack or some one else knowing.

My server forces me to have all databases start with "username_" in front of any database. so my database would be "username_headertags_seo.sql" I have to go in a create a data base and ten "restore" with your file. Where do i have to edit you add one to the databse name changes. I would like to know before I start and just waste a bunch of time.

You strat instruction looked like headertags_seo_instal.php is only for changing existing verious of your previous installs. I am an all new install for your contrib.

You'll have to edit whichever database file you want to use. Just search and replace the tables to make then what you need. The changes to the database_tables files will have to be made too but that is for any change you make since your host is causing this problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi there, sorry if this has been asked before (also for not knowing I'm new to all this). I've run this contribution on a clean site and everything seems to have installed correctly however when I add products to the site all of the prices show as zero. Also I've checked all of the product attributes and they also show as zero on the site even though they have a + or - value in admin/product attributes.

I don't have the understanding to figure this out so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Brooks552

Hi there, sorry if this has been asked before (also for not knowing I'm new to all this). I've run this contribution on a clean site and everything seems to have installed correctly however when I add products to the site all of the prices show as zero. Also I've checked all of the product attributes and they also show as zero on the site even though they have a + or - value in admin/product attributes.

I don't have the understanding to figure this out so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Finally figured this one out and nothing to do with this contributions.

Cheers

Hello Jack and all,

I need to get UPC numbers in the description area. Is it possible for Header Tags SEO to combine the description and UPC fields or will they have to be combined via spreadsheet? If so, what code needs to be modified and how?

I appreciate any help.

Hi, I have run the test in Headertags and to start with I had several errors in duplicate title found and duplicate meta description found and these pointed at the relevant pages for me to alter. I have now altered all the pages that needed doing but now when I run the test it is showing the following:

Test Results

Duplicate title found:

for English exists more than once.

Duplicate meta description found:

for English exists more than once.

Does this actually mean anything?

Thanks

Edited by Jan Zonjee

It means there are two items with the same information. It could be due to languages. You will have to search them to be sure. Use Fill Tags->Fill Empty wtth Show results set to see if such items show up.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack for your time and effort with this most awesome contribution! I can't wait to see the results. A bit of a challenge on the admin/catagories.php with an unexpected $end but from what I am seeing that is the same as a syntax error and I will find it. If you know of anything that has already been addressed any input would be greatly appreciated. If not, thanks again! I will figure it out.

Thanks Jack for your time and effort with this most awesome contribution! I can't wait to see the results. A bit of a challenge on the admin/catagories.php with an unexpected $end but from what I am seeing that is the same as a syntax error and I will find it. If you know of anything that has already been addressed any input would be greatly appreciated. If not, thanks again! I will figure it out.

Bamm! Figured it out. This trib is gonna change my world! Thank you Jack!

This was just asked. Please read those posts. Nothing has changed since then.

Jack

Could you please suggest what is the best Seo/Sef URL's for my osc shop, which ones to choose? Can I aslo install Contribution for Google XML Sitemap Feed?

Let me inform you I have installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.7

Thanks in advance.

Fanzy

Edited by fanzy

Header Tags doesn't change the product description at all.

Jack

I'm sorry Jack I guess I didn't ask the question correctly. What I'm seeking is to place a products info such as UPC number or other information in the description so bots can capture them. The search engine bots index my products' descriptions. Looking at Google analytics and similar websites listings for the same products, UPC numbers along with manufacturer/label info are keywords. They are ranked higher [in the top 10]. I know that alone doesn't increase pagerank but it helps when a surfer uses UPC numbers to shop.

Please lead me in the right direction if possible.

Thanks

Could you please suggest what is the best Seo/Sef URL's for my osc shop, which ones to choose? Can I aslo install Contribution for Google XML Sitemap Feed?

Let me inform you I have installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.7

Thanks in advance.

Fanzy

Ultimate SEO v 2.2.

Yes.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry Jack I guess I didn't ask the question correctly. What I'm seeking is to place a products info such as UPC number or other information in the description so bots can capture them. The search engine bots index my products' descriptions. Looking at Google analytics and similar websites listings for the same products, UPC numbers along with manufacturer/label info are keywords. They are ranked higher [in the top 10]. I know that alone doesn't increase pagerank but it helps when a surfer uses UPC numbers to shop.

Please lead me in the right direction if possible.

Thanks

You can edit the meta tags in the products edit page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

i am usng the latest version of header tags.In header tags title it puts a dash between manufacturer name and product name.Can anybody tell me the code which handles this .

Kind regards

nafri

It's in includes/functions/header_tags.php or you can change it via the settings in admin.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

in first place thank you very much for all your work jack ! It's great

I use header tags SEO, I have installed a version few month ago, and I don't remember witch version is.

I take last one, And i want to upgrade, but in upgrade doc, I only see version to verions +1 upgrade

like 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 etc...

My wish is upgrade directly 3.0.0 to 3.1.7 (or other version, but, how to find witch is my version of header tags... in files, versions number arent wired and not corresponding)

Can I found upgrade process more simple than do each increment of upgrade ?

Sorry for my english if I do mistake ;)

Thanks !

niko