• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hey guys!

How do I remove "p-44", "c-22" etc. at the end of the URLs?

This is the support thread for Header Tags SEO. It doesn't control the url's. Please ask your question in the appropriate support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have been using Header Tag SEO on my website about ear plugs. The contribution works okay however today I have tried to add another product and although I have updated the /product.info file, the results are not displayed.

You can see what I am referring to here.

Can you please advise what potentially I could be doing wrong? Also is the product.info file a generic file or was it only generated for that product?

Thanks and regards. Barry.

Edited by BarrySmith

I have built an online store solely with the help of this forum.

Hi Jack,

I have been using Header Tag SEO on my website about ear plugs. The contribution works okay however today I have tried to add another product and although I have updated the /product.info file, the results are not displayed.

You can see what I am referring to here.

Can you please advise what potentially I could be doing wrong? Also is the product.info file a generic file or was it only generated for that product?

Thanks and regards. Barry.

The product_info file is for all of your products. The link you supplied is not a valid url for products so it would seem your url rewriter has a problem. That has nothing to do with Header Tags.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The product_info file is for all of your products. The link you supplied is not a valid url for products so it would seem your url rewriter has a problem. That has nothing to do with Header Tags.

Jack

Thank you Jack,

Sorry but I know it is not your concern but do you mind advising if the url rewriter is a contribution please?

Regards. Peter.

I have built an online store solely with the help of this forum.

Thank you Jack,

Sorry but I know it is not your concern but do you mind advising if the url rewriter is a contribution please?

Regards. Peter.

Yes, it is.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i installed Header tag seo V_3.1.5, STS 4.5.8 and EP on a Fresh 2.2rc2a.

http://tiffanys.web.aplus.net/3addon/produ...amp;language=de

When view a product if non-english is seleted then right colume will go to bottom.

Select English to re position right colume. This will happen no matter STS On or Off.

After hours trying to find errors with files.

It magically worked after after I clicked fill all tags. When non-english language is selected, and all tags are cleared, column right will go to bottom in product_info page.

It this a bug?

After hours trying to find errors with files.

It magically worked after after I clicked fill all tags. When non-english language is selected, and all tags are cleared, column right will go to bottom in product_info page.

It this a bug?

If it works in english, then you either missed the file change for the language files or there are missing titles or tags for the non-english languages.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have this problem now:

my site in English: Currently viewing: Mice - Microsoft - products new home - Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer

my site in another language: Currently viewing: Mice

I have checked files many times. What files I missed?

thank you for help me

Edited by nudylady

Hi Jack,

I ran my pages through http://validator.w3.org/ after installing the contribution. It is complaining that the header tag is using /> instead of > saying "NET-enabling start-tag requires SHORTTAG YES". Shouldn't we change header_tags.php so that it writes > as closing tag instead of /> ?

Thanks

If getting the code is important to you (I persoanally see it as a waste of time unless there are fatal errors), then you can change that code. Please read back a few posts to find the fix.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have this problem now:

my site in English: Currently viewing: Mice - Microsoft - products new home - Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer

my site in Italian: Currently viewing: Mice

I have checked files many times. What files I missed?

That comes from the Header Tags title for that product so it would you appear you haven't filled that in. Go to the products edit page in admin to check it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I filled Tags for other languages files, it worked nicely.

There are many types of Action\'s in the Action category. what is \'s ?

It's an escape character php needs to understand the apostrophe. But it shouldn't be showing up in titles. It could be that you had it in the original text.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, first of all lots of thanks for this contribution, its incredible! The only thing that Ihave a little problem. Some articles are not displaying correctly (ive noticed that only happens in Explorer 8 and only withsome articles), because the right box goes under the article, here you can watch an example:

http://www.queguai.com/comof-doc-m44-p-247.html

I think that the problem is with this piece of code:

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 

<?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>

</tr>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

If you browse this page with chrome or firefox you can see it well, I think the problem is in that piece of code, you know how I could fix this problem?

Thanks in advance and regards for Spain,

Mauri

Edited by maurafarah

Hi Jack, first of all lots of thanks for this contribution, its incredible! The only thing that Ihave a little problem. Some articles are not displaying correctly (ive noticed that only happens in Explorer 8 and only withsome articles), because the right box goes under the article, here you can watch an example:

http://www.queguai.com/comof-doc-m44-p-247.html

I think that the problem is with this piece of code:

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 

<?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>

</tr>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

If you browse this page with chrome or firefox you can see it well, I think the problem is in that piece of code, you know how I could fix this problem?

Thanks in advance and regards for Spain,

Mauri

There's nothing wrong with the code that I can see. The sort of problem you are having is usually due to the code being installed incorrectly or the original code in the file isn't standard oscommerce code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There's nothing wrong with the code that I can see. The sort of problem you are having is usually due to the code being installed incorrectly or the original code in the file isn't standard oscommerce code.

Jack

But why in other browsers the article is displayed correctly and not in Explorer 8? This only happens with certain articles....

But why in other browsers the article is displayed correctly and not in Explorer 8? This only happens with certain articles....

I use IE 7 and it fails there too. Try using the file that comes with the contribuiton to see if that fails.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If getting the code is important to you (I persoanally see it as a waste of time unless there are fatal errors), then you can change that code. Please read back a few posts to find the fix.

Jack

Thanks Jack, I'll leave them as it is. One more question, in categories table there are categories_htc_description and categories_htc_desc_tag columns. My understanding is categories_htc_desc_tag is used in header description tag and categories_htc_description is only used for displaying in product_info. Is it correct?

Thanks Jack, I'll leave them as it is. One more question, in categories table there are categories_htc_description and categories_htc_desc_tag columns. My understanding is categories_htc_desc_tag is used in header description tag and categories_htc_description is only used for displaying in product_info. Is it correct?

I have removed that code in the next version since others have mentioned it so the problem will be fixed then.

The categories_htc_description is used on the category pages, not products.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded containing the following changes:

-> Added code to includes/header_tags.php to automatically set the language for the language meta tag.

-> Added stylesheet.css with tothe pre-installed files in the contribution.

-> Added code to check for template for adding pseudo page for BTS AND STS shops.

-> Added a number of popular social bookmark icons.

-> Added tep_hide_session function to prevent logout in test function.

-> Added missing language code to includes/application_top.php (found by Alexander Maringer).

-> Added a common questions section to the test page.

-> Fixed delete code in test function to work with all servers.

-> Fixed duplicate name problem in the social bookmark module.

-> Fixed an html typo in the the admin/headertags_seo.php file.

-> Corrected instructions in Install_Admin.txt to match actual files (found by hewnry jiang).

-> Changed code in social bookmark module to simplify.

-> Removed the xhtml formatting in includes/header_tags.php.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Haven't been around here for a while but nice to see you still supporting this great contrib.

I have just installed a fresh version of OSC and followed the steps to install the latest version of this module.

When I go to fill tags however I get the following error message for each item:

Failed to load page from shop: http://www.url.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=18&language=en

When actually following the url manually it works fine

I apologise if this has already been addressed but a search did not show any results.

Any ideas?

When I go to fill tags however I get the following error message for each item:

Failed to load page from shop: http://www.url.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=18&language=en

When actually following the url manually it works fine

I apologise if this has already been addressed but a search did not show any results.

Any ideas?

Fill Tags doesn't use urls unless some of the overrides are used. Is that what you are doing? What are the results from the test routine?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons