• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Jack or anyone else are you able to help with the urgent plea that I posted earlier? About the missing lines of code from the contrib?

What should I do?

Jack or anyone else are you able to help with the urgent plea that I posted earlier? About the missing lines of code from the contrib?

What should I do?

I went back two pages - to June 24th but couldn't find a post by you so I can't help with your problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I tried to uninstall this contrib using the uninstall sql after running into difficulties installing, and now I have parts remaining on the Admin side. Will this cause any future problems installing other SEO contribs or does someone know what needs to be removed from the tables?

Thanks,

Nav

I went back two pages - to June 24th but couldn't find a post by you so I can't help with your problem.

Jack

Hi Jack

Here it is:

Hi all

Have finally downloaded this contrib but am confused.

There are instructions to replace or add code to the following that I am unable to find:

Install Catalog instructions:

FIND (Around line 78)

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

(I cannot find this line at all)

FIND (Around line 247)

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

(I cannot find this line at all either)

Nor can I find Line 298 (or anything close to it)

Step #7

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

Can't find that either

and finally Product_info.php

cannnot find line 102 to change

Has anyone else had this prob? Can anyone out there in the land of knowledge help OH PLEASE???

I performed a search for both HEADING_TITLE and FILENAME_DEFAULT within the page but the only thing I came up with was:

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%">

<tr>

<td height="44"><span class="tx1">

<?=HEADING_TITLE?>

</span></td>

</tr>

</table>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">

<tr>

and there were 3 instances of FILENAME_DEFAULT that seem unrelated

I tried to uninstall this contrib using the uninstall sql after running into difficulties installing, and now I have parts remaining on the Admin side. Will this cause any future problems installing other SEO contribs or does someone know what needs to be removed from the tables?

Thanks,

Nav

The uninstall script should remove all database changes made by this contribution. If there is something that it is not removing, you would have to do that manually by editing the database.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Here are two of the FILENAME_DEFAULT codes I have:

<td align="center" class="ml2" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br style="line-height:1px;"><br style="line-height:7px;">' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";

$manu1.= '<table width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff" style="border-top:1px solid #969696;"><tr> <td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

Please note that I am using a template monster template which has been modified to 100% page width

Does the above help with the two missing codes prob

I performed a search for both HEADING_TITLE and FILENAME_DEFAULT within the page but the only thing I came up with was:

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%">

<tr>

<td height="44"><span class="tx1">

<?=HEADING_TITLE?>

</span></td>

</tr>

</table>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">

<tr>

and there were 3 instances of FILENAME_DEFAULT that seem unrelated

The instructions can't cover all possible files so it only applies to a standard shop. Yours is obviously not standard since code like <?=HEADING_TITLE?> is error prone and not used in any standard oscommerce shop. So while the changes can be made to your files to get Header Tags to work, it is beyond the scope of this trhead to do that. Your choices are to not install this contribution, figure out to do it on your own or pay someone to make the changes for you.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The instructions can't cover all possible files so it only applies to a standard shop. Yours is obviously not standard since code like <?=HEADING_TITLE?> is error prone and not used in any standard oscommerce shop. So while the changes can be made to your files to get Header Tags to work, it is beyond the scope of this trhead to do that. Your choices are to not install this contribution, figure out to do it on your own or pay someone to make the changes for you.

Jack

OMG error prone? I just installed the normal oscommerce setup that came with the template monster templates.

I've installed everything from the contrib already with the exception of just those dang codes I can't find.

I have no idea how to do it on my own and can't afford much to pay anyone but if it is just paying for those 5-6 missing things to be fixed hopefully it would not take much $$. Is anyone up for the challenge?

OMG error prone? I just installed the normal oscommerce setup that came with the template monster templates.

I've installed everything from the contrib already with the exception of just those dang codes I can't find.

I have no idea how to do it on my own and can't afford much to pay anyone but if it is just paying for those 5-6 missing things to be fixed hopefully it would not take much $$. Is anyone up for the challenge?

Or even better perhaps some nice person could talk me through it if we start another thread...OH PLEASE

The uninstall script should remove all database changes made by this contribution. If there is something that it is not removing, you would have to do that manually by editing the database.

Jack

Jack,

I reran the uninstall and it appears to have removed it from the admin area this time. I don't know what happened but it looks fixed now.

Thanks,

Nav

i'm having the error:

1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'sortorder_title' at row 1

insert into headertags (page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, append_default_title, append_default_description, append_default_keywords, append_default_logo, append_category, append_manufacturer, append_product, append_root, sortorder_title, sortorder_description, sortorder_keywords, sortorder_logo, sortorder_category, sortorder_manufacturer, sortorder_product, sortorder_root, page_name, language_id) values ('', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'index.php', '1')

i've tried to alter the database configurations to "int" and checking the box "NULL", but nothing works...

thanks!

i'm having the error:

i've tried to alter the database configurations to "int" and checking the box "NULL", but nothing works...

thanks!

On some servers, an error like that will occur when the database is first accessed. If you get it when you go to admin->Header Tags, just click somewhere else in admin and then go back to Header Tags and it will be OK. If not, then it is something else so you will need to run the uninstall and then the install sql file to clear it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I installed Header Tags SEO on a oscommerce store. The custom headers and tags are working. But when I go to the admin -> click on "Header Tags SEO" to configure it, I get an error stating "Failed to open dir". Unfortunately I set it up on a test site on my local drive, so there is no link to share.

I tried debugging using echo statements and it seems the above error pops up just when the "RUN OPTIONS" statements are processing. Appreciate any advice. Thank you.

- Raheem

Hi Jack,

I installed Header Tags SEO on a oscommerce store. The custom headers and tags are working. But when I go to the admin -> click on "Header Tags SEO" to configure it, I get an error stating "Failed to open dir". Unfortunately I set it up on a test site on my local drive, so there is no link to share.

I tried debugging using echo statements and it seems the above error pops up just when the "RUN OPTIONS" statements are processing. Appreciate any advice. Thank you.

- Raheem

I can't help you without more information but, in general, if it says it can't open a directory, then the path is most likely wrong or the directory doesn't exist.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I was having the error:

1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'sortorder_title' at row 1

insert into headertags (page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, append_default_title, append_default_description, append_default_keywords, append_default_logo, append_category, append_manufacturer, append_product, append_root, sortorder_title, sortorder_description, sortorder_keywords, sortorder_logo, sortorder_category, sortorder_manufacturer, sortorder_product, sortorder_root, page_name, language_id) values ('', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'index.php', '1')

and I've found a solution:

* Open the file my.ini on mysql directory

* Find the line:

sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

* Replace with:

sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

* Restart your mysql

Now it works!

Thanks for the contrib.

i have a couple of questions/issues:

i think your contribution is a great value to anyone interested in seo, but in my case, i use the robot.txt file to block googlebot from all unnecessary directories and files, for example, contact_us.php, shipping_policy.php, etc. the problem is, the only relevant pages to create header tags are my product pages, index, etc.

how do i create a custom header for each individual product and product category?

the second issue is this: the code "<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">" is showing up twice in the header. my question is, how do i fix this so that it only shows up once (or not at all) and how do i change the char set value? can this be done in admin, or do i have to edit the code?

how do i create a custom header for each individual product and product category?

If by "custom header" you are referring to the title and meta tags, then you would run fill tags or adjust them as you like on the product pages.

the second issue is this: the code "<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">" is showing up twice in the header. my question is, how do i fix this so that it only shows up once (or not at all) and how do i change the char set value? can this be done in admin, or do i have to edit the code?
This was addressed recently in this thread.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This contrib really does work great, but there is still some little mistake I do not know to get fixed. There must have something went wrong when I installed the contrib.

The problem is:

It does not show the url properly, it still shows it like: product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=47

Can you tell me where it is set in the code what the url looks like? Maybe you can already assume where the mistake is.

Hello,

This can be Jack or anyone to answer this question.

Initially I posted a question on the main oscommerce forum that asked if there was a contribution to change the meta tags and SEO information on a item level basis. A few people answered and said this was the contribution.

Now that I have this contribution working properly, I do not see where I can click on an individual item and change its information. I see you can get down to the catagory and sub catagory level. But I do not see in the tree the individual items listed.

What am I doing wrong? For me this would do enough as is. But my marketing guy wants to control each and every item individually. i guess he could do this on prostores...a store he used to work with at some time in the past.

Thanks

Don

I tried it and did not get it to work. I have very long item numbers. Here is an example of an item name.

Apple Laser Writer II IINT IISC IINT IIF

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Don

Sorry for so many posts,

It now works. But here is a question.

If I want keywords for an item: Apple Laser Writer II IINT IISC IINT IIF

keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3

I noticed when I did this that the item name and keyword appeared in each section. Is there a way so that we can get the keywords to show up without the item name as a precursor for each meta tag?

Thanks,

Don

Sorry for so many posts,

It now works. But here is a question.

If I want keywords for an item: Apple Laser Writer II IINT IISC IINT IIF

keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3

I noticed when I did this that the item name and keyword appeared in each section. Is there a way so that we can get the keywords to show up without the item name as a precursor for each meta tag?

Thanks,

Don

I don't understand your questions but the meta tags can be controlled however you like. Go to page control and uncheck,or check, the products options, depending upon if you want that included. The products edit page also allows directly setting the title and meta tags. And you can go into fill tags and fill all of them using the Generic Override option.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons