• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I have read every were and it says to do the same thing ..

1. Create a folder in admin named "backups" <--- my folder is already there

2. Check admin/includes/configure.php make sure

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

is there, and it is, other wise I couldnt post it...

3. Change permissions to the folder to 777 , done that as well , now i still get the error

Error: Backup directory does not exist. Please set this in configure.php.

In my admin page ... can anyone help me.. I have gave myself three head aches trying to figure this out....

Also!

My banner changed when I added "headertags_SEO" to my site... it reset to OsCommerce banner and I cant get it to change back! Please help!

When I go to admin banner manager and load the pic i want to use, (like i did befor headertags_seo) it dont work...

I am new to php stuff but have a good brain, but im stumped..;.

Both problems occured after headertags_php install

Ok I fixed the banner, but i dont like it, now its reading my banner from images looking for store_logo.png i renamed my banner and moved it there but its not working from banner manager, and it should, I would still like to get the correct fix for this, I just dont know what file is telling it to read from there...

I am so sorry about my posts, i just realized i use google chrome browser and it is not friendly with this forum, now useing internet explorer i see how i can find what i am searching for.. again I am so sorry for posting here, please feel free to remove them

((edit)) ok i still cant find what i ws looking for so dont remove please

another (((edit)))

i looked and i suck at forums sry im dumb, can you link me to "path standard" fix? it appears above my banner...

I am so trying not to be a burden, ive never really understood forums though... :(

Edited by riotwarehouse

It appears you uploaded the included files instead of merging them. You'll need to restore the changes you overwrote and re-install the changes by hand.

Jack

Was that reply to me Jack? I uploaded all the new files then made all the changes to the other files manually. It seemed to go on forever! :D

Any other ideas? Or ways round it?

i looked and i suck at forums sry im dumb, can you link me to "path standard" fix? it appears above my banner...

I am so trying not to be a burden, ive never really understood forums though... :(

Use the search box feature at the bottom of this page and search for standard.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Was that reply to me Jack? I uploaded all the new files then made all the changes to the other files manually. It seemed to go on forever! :D

Any other ideas? Or ways round it?

The definitions were overwritten. You have to restore them.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I am so sorry about my posts, i just realized i use google chrome browser and it is not friendly with this forum, now useing internet explorer i see how i can find what i am searching for.. again I am so sorry for posting here, please feel free to remove them

another (((edit)))

In includes/functions/header_tags.php, find and remove this line

echo 'path '.HEADER_TAGS_ADD_CATEGORY_PARENTS;

Birds with same feathers, are same birds.

another (((edit)))

I am so trying not to be a burden, ive never really understood forums though...

In includes/functions/header_tags.php, find and remove this line

echo 'path '.HEADER_TAGS_ADD_CATEGORY_PARENTS;

ave found that on my own

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! I would never have found that on my own!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Hi Arild have same problem with fckeditor on categories description

did you get any solution?

thanks

Not sure where this should be posted.

I have fckeditor installed and working.

I have HTC installed and working.

But when i try to change the HTC to use fckeditor on categories description i am stuck in how to merge the 2 different statments.

I get FCK editor to show in HTC bit missplaced.

It load values from DB at the first time, but owerwrite with empty if i save.

case 'edit_category':
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));		 /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

case 'edit_category':
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_fckeditor('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));		 /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

Both functions are in HTML_output and both are set to return the same variable.

Is there any who have FCK working with HTC who can share a solution to this. Both for the coding part and the messed up placement of the input boxes.

Hi Jack could you help to decide this question I could not find answer

I would like category description works with fckeditor like product description

I have changed 2 strings but that looks like is not solution nothing work att all

case 'new_category':

$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, '');

to

$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_fckeditor('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_category_htc_description($category_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));

and

case 'edit_category':

$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));

to

case 'new_category':

$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_fckeditor('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages

thanks

I made changes to

$category_htc_description_string .= tep_draw_fckeditor('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));

and now I can see text of categories description into fckeditor but when I update categories description I lost all text at categories description

Hi Jack could you help to decide this question I could not find answer

I would like category description works with fckeditor like product description

I have changed 2 strings but that looks like is not solution nothing work att all

case 'new_category':

$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, '');

to

$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_fckeditor('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_category_htc_description($category_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));

and

case 'edit_category':

$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));

to

case 'new_category':

$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_fckeditor('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages

thanks

Stupid question here, if I install this will I have to manually adjust all the headers or can I set it up to automatically use info from the items descriptions?

What are "all the headers?"

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

BIG THANK YOU Jack for this helpfull contrib...

I have som issues that i hope you can help me solve.

The first one is that i cant get to my catalog area in admin. I get this error code: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 357

And when i check my admin/categories.php at that line 357 i find this line: case 'copy_to_confirm':

I dont see anything wrong in the code but further down i have pasted your contribs code so maybe i did something wrong there?

Here is a few lines near the code case `copy_to_confirm`

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
		$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),
								'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),
								'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]),
								'products_head_title_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),
								'products_head_desc_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),
								'products_head_keywords_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])));									 
	   /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

if ($action == 'insert_product') {
		  $insert_sql_data = array('products_id' => $products_id,
								   'language_id' => $language_id);

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);
		} elseif ($action == 'update_product') {
		  tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
		}
	  }

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {
		tep_reset_cache_block('categories');
		tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');
	  }

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $products_id));
	}
	break;
  case 'copy_to_confirm':
	if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id'])) {
	  $products_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']);
	  $categories_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id']);

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['copy_as'] == 'link') {
		if ($categories_id != $current_category_id) {
		  $check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");
		  $check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);
		  if ($check['total'] < '1') {
			tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')");
		  }
		} else {
		  $messageStack->add_session(ERROR_CANNOT_LINK_TO_SAME_CATEGORY, 'error');
		}
	  } elseif ($HTTP_POST_VARS['copy_as'] == 'duplicate') {
		$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
		$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "',  now(), " . (empty($product['products_date_available']) ? "null" : "'" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "'") . ", '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");
		$dup_products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
		$description_query = tep_db_query("select language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
		while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) {
		  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url, products_viewed) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_title_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_desc_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_keywords_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_url']) . "', '0')");
		}	   
	   /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')");
		$products_id = $dup_products_id;
	  }

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {
		tep_reset_cache_block('categories');
		tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');
	  }
	}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $categories_id . '&pID=' . $products_id));
	break;

Edited by Solan

i forgot to ask about theese aswell..

i did run the test after installing but i dont understand my results.. (not so good at english)

Test Results

Default Text Present:

The default root text, products new home, should be removed or changed for product_info.php with language ID of 2. What is langue id of 2 meaning?

Duplicate title found: (i have only used the pagecontrol and added som text in the index.php)for English

exists more than once.

for Svenska

exists more than once.

Duplicate meta description found: (Same as above, have not changed any of my other pages yet...)

for English

exists more than once.

for Svenska

exists more than once.

Language Mismatch Error: How do i solve this?

Language Svenska (2) in the shops languages does not have an entry in the default Header Tags table.

Thanks

Edited by Solan

I am doing that and now work with google language tool to understand your trouble shoooting text and i try to compare my admin/configure files but i dont understand why i get the syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 357

Okay, problem with unexpected T_CASE is now solved...

A tiny extra } were wrong :rolleyes:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $products_id));

}

break;

Now i have to try and solve the others... :blush:

* Okay, now im a little bit ahead with this BUT it seems that i cant change and SAVE any text in my product description... i try to save but all looks the same when i press prewiew or save and look at my store or in admins product description.

When i Go to admin->catalog, and click on a category and then on edit i see all of the regular things there, and also this and that is right isnt it?:

produktbeskrivning.jpg

*Earlier i could also use tinymce for my product description but that function seems to be gone now only working in the product description tag.

* When i visit my store´s category part i see the word path Standard above my header... even when i go inside a specific product. I think the problem is in my product.php?

* When i go to configuration ----> Header tags SEO, and click display column box ----> true, My whole product page (product information, images and so on) goes down and outside the of my shop...

I´m terribly sorry for being such a "bug", but i really would get this to work, and because my english is bad i need very eay explanations... sorry!

Giving all of you guys a flower for keeping your smile up with people like us.... :blush:

*Earlier i could also use tinymce for my product description but that function seems to be gone now only working in the product description tag.

* When i visit my store´s category part i see the word path Standard above my header... even when i go inside a specific product. I think the problem is in my product.php?

* When i go to configuration ----> Header tags SEO, and click display column box ----> true, My whole product page (product information, images and so on) goes down and outside the of my shop...

I´m terribly sorry for being such a "bug", but i really would get this to work, and because my english is bad i need very eay explanations... sorry!

Giving all of you guys a flower for keeping your smile up with people like us.... :blush:

Any problem with the products edit page is due to a mistake in the admin/categories.php file. Examples of the files are included. You will need to use a compare program to find the differences andwhat the problem is. TinyMCS is controlled via the settings in admin->Configuration->Header Tags SEO.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for leading me the right way Jack :rolleyes:

But now i even put your contrib admin/configure.php in my shop and i still get the path Standard text above my shop´s header.

And i still only have the Timy mce working with your contrib but no longer with the old product description area...

And still When i go to configuration ----> Header tags SEO, and click display column box ----> true, My whole product page content, in customer area,(product information, images and so on) goes down under and outside of my shop... (i have to scroll down to se product text and product image..

You can add as many keywords as you wish, though it is a mistake, as explained elsewhere in this thread. The only thing that limits the number of them is the size of the field in the database. If it doesn't provide enough room, then you will need to increase its size.

Jack

How many keywords in your opinion would be safe?

Thanks, Rickey

Thanks for leading me the right way Jack :rolleyes:

But now i even put your contrib admin/configure.php in my shop and i still get the path Standard text above my shop´s header.

Explained many times in the last few pages.

And i still only have the Timy mce working with your contrib but no longer with the old product description area...

Enable admin->configuration->Header Tags SEO->Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products. If that doesn't make a difference, upload one of the included categories.php files to your server and see if that works.

And still When i go to configuration ----> Header tags SEO, and click display column box ----> true, My whole product page content, in customer area,(product information, images and so on) goes down under and outside of my shop... (i have to scroll down to se product text and product image..

The box is for a standard shop. If your shops box design is different, it may not look right. If your column file has been edited to where it uses non-standard oscommerce code, it may not look right. In both cases, you have to adjust it to fit your shops design.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

How many keywords in your opinion would be safe?

Thanks, Rickey

The generally accepted number is three but it really depends on the text on the page. The keywords need to be mentioned in that text, the more times the better. With three keywords that usually works out to a few paragraphs of text. So you can see that having too many keywords would cause so much text to be on the page that your customers would fall asleep from boredom.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons