• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me?

I have installed Header Tags SEO over a previous version of Header Tags on a RC2a STS oscommerce shop

I have gone through the install and setup the pages in admin but the page title on index still shows New Home Page Title after my main title.

Thanks in advance

Please read the instal files or click on the explain button next to the error in the test function.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Help with parse error in includes\header_tags.php on line 483 which is

// checkout_payment.2.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT.2):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT.2);

break;

This is running on a test system, xammp on a vista machine. the first time I ran the program it worked fine, I then enter the admin section and went through the different sections ending in running a test. When I refreshed the index page I got the error.

I also have sts installed, is there anything that jumps out at you?

Any help would be great

Jimmy

Jack I have a question, I am really glad you wrote both these add-ons. I am trying to setup the Quotes add-on and I have a small problem. In the install instructions there is a line that needs to be replaced, however, that line was already changed once by Header tags SEO. I dont want to break the Header tag program now that it seems to be working so good. Here is the line from SEO " /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

This is the line the quotes program wants me to change it to. " /*** Begin Quotes ***/

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.quotes_email_address, p.quotes_status, p.quotes_expire, p.quotes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

/*** End Quotes ***/

Is it safe for me to just go thru the line with a fine tooth comb and make sure both add-ons are included in the line? I have stopped fpor now till I find out from you so I dont break anything.

Pat

Help with parse error in includes\header_tags.php on line 483 which is

// checkout_payment.2.php

case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT.2):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT.2);

break;

This is running on a test system, xammp on a vista machine. the first time I ran the program it worked fine, I then enter the admin section and went through the different sections ending in running a test. When I refreshed the index page I got the error.

I also have sts installed, is there anything that jumps out at you?

Any help would be great

Jimmy

That's not an error, it is code bein gdisplayed. When that happens, it means a mistake was made in the installation.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack I have a question, I am really glad you wrote both these add-ons. I am trying to setup the Quotes add-on and I have a small problem. In the install instructions there is a line that needs to be replaced, however, that line was already changed once by Header tags SEO. I dont want to break the Header tag program now that it seems to be working so good. Here is the line from SEO " /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

This is the line the quotes program wants me to change it to. " /*** Begin Quotes ***/

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.quotes_email_address, p.quotes_status, p.quotes_expire, p.quotes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

/*** End Quotes ***/

Is it safe for me to just go thru the line with a fine tooth comb and make sure both add-ons are included in the line? I have stopped fpor now till I find out from you so I dont break anything.

Pat

This should work:
$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.quotes_email_address, p.quotes_status, p.quotes_expire, p.quotes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

when i add a new product the title of the product added does not show up can you help me out? thanks inf

Please read the notes on troubleshooting in the Install_Admin.txt file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ive read the admin txt and did download WinMerge and i still cant figure it out. i get 4 boxs to put info in like this

Products Description:

Meta Tag Information

Product Title Tag:

Product Description Tag:

Product Keywords Tag:

but still not item title shows up

Edited by ackeith

That's not an error, it is code bein gdisplayed. When that happens, it means a mistake was made in the installation.

Jack

Sorry for not making myself clear, the error is shown is

Parse error: parse error in C:\xampp\htdocs\scoot\includes\header_tags.php on line 485

The error only appeared after I entered the admin section of the site and played around with the settings. Originally the pages displayed correctly

and all the meta tags where filled with the default text.

The code displayed in my original post shows the point at line 485, where the code is falling over - and is not displayed as an output. My feelings is that it has something to do with read/write permissions, although I am testing on a windows machine, the output at test tells me to ignore the warning if running a windows server. I am using xampp bundle. Any help would be great - as I have stated I am using STS.

Many thanks

Jimmy

Ive read the admin txt and did download WinMerge and i still cant figure it out. i get 4 boxs to put info in like this

Products Description:

Meta Tag Information

Product Title Tag:

Product Description Tag:

Product Keywords Tag:

but still not item title shows up

Are you saying it even fails that way after replacing the categories file as suggested in the docs?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry for not making myself clear, the error is shown is

Parse error: parse error in C:\xampp\htdocs\scoot\includes\header_tags.php on line 485

The error only appeared after I entered the admin section of the site and played around with the settings. Originally the pages displayed correctly

and all the meta tags where filled with the default text.

The code displayed in my original post shows the point at line 485, where the code is falling over - and is not displayed as an output. My feelings is that it has something to do with read/write permissions, although I am testing on a windows machine, the output at test tells me to ignore the warning if running a windows server. I am using xampp bundle. Any help would be great - as I have stated I am using STS.

Many thanks

Jimmy

My guess is that you don't have a file definition of FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT.2. You probably have some backup file in the root and Header Tags is trying to create an entry for it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi jack, awesome contrib!

in product_info.php you've asked to find

FIND (around line 102)

<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

and to be replaced with:

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<td valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1></td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_price; ?></h1></td>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

BUT in my product_info i have the following:

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_model'])) {

$products_name = '<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tr><td class="pageHeading" align="left" width="60%">' . $product_info['products_name'] . '</td><td align="center" class="main">Model: ' . $product_info['products_model'] . '</td></tr></table>';

} else {

$products_name = '<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tr><td class="pageHeading" align="left">' . $product_info['products_name'] . '</td></tr></table>';

}

WHAT DO I CHANGE? PLS HELP!

Thanks!

Change both lines where it has

<td class="pageHeading" align="left">' . $product_info['products_name'] . '</td>

to

<td align="left"><h1>' . $product_info['products_name'] . '</h1></td>

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Change both lines where it has
<td class="pageHeading" align="left">' . $product_info['products_name'] . '</td>

to

<td align="left"><h1>' . $product_info['products_name'] . '</h1></td>

Jack

And I don't need to add this anywhere?

Thanks!

And I don't need to add this anywhere?

Thanks!

What I provided should do it. If your design as the price displayed in the same font as the name, then the change woould need to be made for it to make it look right.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Header Tags doesn't do anything with the products description. You'll need to ask in the general forum for help with that.

Jack

No reply from the general forum, so I wull have to remove all of the html code from the descriptions.

No reply from the general forum, so I wull have to remove all of the html code from the descriptions.

I don't see how you can run a successful shop without a description of the product but that's up to you.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

My guess is that you don't have a file definition of FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT.2. You probably have some backup file in the root and Header Tags is trying to create an entry for it.

Jack

I tell you what, your a god!!

I do have back up files in root as I always keep the last files before changes for security reason, give that a go and come back.

Cheers

Jimmy

What I provided should do it. If your design as the price displayed in the same font as the name, then the change woould need to be made for it to make it look right.

Jack

Jack you're awesome! you've helped me ever too often mate, so thanks for that!

so I installed this, ran the test and this is what I'm getting:

Default Text Present: explain

The default root text, New Home Page Title, should be removed or changed for index.php with language ID of 1.

The default root text, products new home, should be removed or changed for product_info.php with language ID of 1.

Duplicate title found: explain

for English

exists more than once.

Duplicate meta description found: explain

for English

exists more than once.

Missing Code in File explain

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

Been trying to change each problem, but can't pinpoint it, and hence once again, i ask for your kind help & tips!

Thanks

I don't see how you can run a successful shop without a description of the product but that's up to you.

Jack

I believe there was a misundersytanding. I will keep the descriptions there. But only remove the html code i have inserted into each description at categories/products. The html code I entered was just change the way the text appears when viewing product info.

Default Text Present: explain

The default root text, New Home Page Title, should be removed or changed for index.php with language ID of 1.

The default root text, products new home, should be removed or changed for product_info.php with language ID of 1.

Click on the explain button and read the explanation or read back for in this thread for a page or two to find the same problem.

Duplicate title found: explain

for English

exists more than once.

If that is what's displaying, then it means there are missing titles. You should verify your products have titles and run fill tags.

Duplicate meta description found: explain

for English

exists more than once.

Missing Code in File explain

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

It means you didn't install the required changes or you have STS installed and you made changes that shouldn't have been made.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello people..

I installed the header tgas SEO, without errors.. but appear a text on head of index of my site and on product info too.

See the images below:"indexk.th.jpg"]indexk.th.jpg

"productinfo.th.jpg"]productinfo.th.jpg

Helpz

thank you

Rafael

OScommerce Rocks!

It means you made a mistake in the installation. I can't tell what pages the text is on since I won't allow the popups but whichever one it is, check that file for mistakes. You can use the included ones to compare.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It means you made a mistake in the installation. I can't tell what pages the text is on since I won't allow the popups but whichever one it is, check that file for mistakes. You can use the included ones to compare.

Jack

What file are you talking Jack? the popup?? i only edited the files of the header tags instalattion...

Its strange... i checked the header.. aplicattion top, etc and dont found nothing...

OScommerce Rocks!

What file are you talking Jack? the popup?? i only edited the files of the header tags instalattion...

Its strange... i checked the header.. aplicattion top, etc and dont found nothing...

I was referring to the popup on your site that is needed in order to view the image closer. I can't see it clearly until I allow the popup, which I won't do. To find the problem on your site as far as Header Tags is concerned, go to the page that is having the problem. Look in the url to determine what file is being shown. Reload your original copy of that file (before Header Tags) to make sure the problem wasn't there before. If it wasn't, then start making the changes for Header Tags to that file, one instruction at a time until the error shows up again or it works.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons