• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Jack - I searched over 50 pages and can't find an answer. Probably partly due to feeling a little brain dead after a while. I apologize that this may not be in the correct category.

It appears that the installation of header tags seo - updated to 3.11 - is up and running. I've been playing around with trying to get what I want. Before I start working on it again - was wondering:

1. Is there suppose to be drop down boxes in the admin part - admin/catalog/categories/products? That page shows the category name and also shows: Header Tags Category Title, Header Tags Category Description, Header Tags category Keywords, Header Tags Categories Description - in that order with 2 descriptions listed - but no drop down box.

2. admin/catalog/manufacturers/ - shows all the above with drop down boxes, which I am able to add. What I'd like to know - where do these show up? Can you refer me to more instructions on this?

I cut and tried to paste what I'm talking about, but it wouldn't display correctly in this forum. Was wondering if you or anyone out there who has this all up and running correctly - could post examples for we novices - something we could refer to - to see if we're doing things correctly? I think it would save you some time, Jack - my opinion.

Would it be against oscommerce policy if someone posted a demo on how to follow through on working these header tags? It wouldn't have to be professionally done - something like they do on You Tube?

Thanks a bunch! micheleangle

P.S. Please don't be too hard on me for asking the above.!? B)

Hi Jack. Fisrtly, this is a great contrib and I really thanks for the existence of people like you.

I have installed the contrib and it seems to work properly although I have some quick question, help me if you can, please. I have read a lot of this thread looking for a solution but without success.

-------------------->I would like to show the product model along with the product name, How can I do this?

-------------------->I get an error that refer to the length of the title in product_info. You can see it here.

Errors_in_HTSEO.png

but if you see the html code for the first result the title is longer that the test says.

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="LTR" lang="es">
<head>
[b] <title>Airsoft Los Lagartos - Classic Army - M15A2 Carbine - Rifles</title>[/b]
<meta name="Description" content="Classic Army - Réplica fabricada por Classic Army, fabricada en metal y ABS. Culata de longitud regulable. Mejoras sustanciales en varios aspectos, el cilindro que ahora es de teflón, boquilla con sellado reforzado, guia de cojinetes y muelle reforzado.Número de serie único en cada rép - Rifles" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="Classic Army , M15A2 Carbine , Rifles , Airsoft Los Lagartos, descuento por cantidades, mayorista, profesional, catalogo, compras, aventura, divertido, accion, replicas, armas, coleccion, entrenamiento, camuflaje, combate, simulacion, batalla, tactico, tactica, ropa, accesorios, complementos" />
<meta name="googlebot" content="all" />
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />
<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />
<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.airsoftloslagartos.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=187" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->
<base href="http://www.airsoftloslagartos.com/catalog/">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/lightbox.js"></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<a name="Airsoft Los Lagartos - Classic Army - M15A2 Carbine - Rifles"></a>
<!-- header //-->

How can I solve this? Is it a mistake in installation?

That's all. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance.

1. Is there suppose to be drop down boxes in the admin part - admin/catalog/categories/products? That page shows the category name and also shows: Header Tags Category Title, Header Tags Category Description, Header Tags category Keywords, Header Tags Categories Description - in that order with 2 descriptions listed - but no drop down box.

2. admin/catalog/manufacturers/ - shows all the above with drop down boxes, which I am able to add. What I'd like to know - where do these show up? Can you refer me to more instructions on this?

No, there shouldn't be any dropdowns - in either one. The way you describe the categories section sounds correct. The first category box is for the description meta tag while the second is for text displayed on the shop for each category. There's not any code in the Header Tags files to add dropdowns in that section so I can't imagine what it is you are seeing.

I cut and tried to paste what I'm talking about, but it wouldn't display correctly in this forum. Was wondering if you or anyone out there who has this all up and running correctly - could post examples for we novices - something we could refer to - to see if we're doing things correctly? I think it would save you some time, Jack - my opinion.

There are screen shots in the contribution, although a bit outdated at this point, for the main sections of Header Tags. I didn't think it was necessary to include images of the categories and manufacturers sections since those are the same as they have always been except with a few extra boxes.

Would it be against oscommerce policy if someone posted a demo on how to follow through on working these header tags? It wouldn't have to be professionally done - something like they do on You Tube?
I don't know what the policy is for posting such things. I think it is allowed as long as the site being linked to is not a business site that would conflict with the advertisers on this site. So a link to a video on You Tube is probably OK but a link to one on my site would probably be removed. You would have to check with a moderator to be sure though.
Thanks a bunch! micheleangle

P.S. Please don't be too hard on me for asking the above.!? B)

I hope I don't come across that way. I try not to be.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

-------------------->I would like to show the product model along with the product name, How can I do this?

-------------------->I get an error that refer to the length of the title in product_info. You can see it here.

The code isn't setup to handle the model number. This has come up a few times and, as I recall, some code was posted that might allow that.

For the length error, that is a shortcoming of the script. The title of the product is 13 characters long as shown. But the final lenght is longer due to the other parts being added to the title. I'll have to work on that code to provide a more accurate length. In any case though, it is just a guess since google doesn't even define the length. If you see a length that is too long, then that should be looked at since it would be the minimum length. Other than that, just use it as a guide. The best solution is to check your google sitemap account to make sure none of them are being flagged.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack - I indicated "drop down" boxes - oops they are not drop down - they're "fill in" rectangular boxes - so sorry - thought dropdown. The admin/manufacturers is "fill in" - which I did; and the admin/categories/products won't let me fill anything. It just displays the words I mentioned before - referring to title, descriptions, keywords. That's what I was wondering - should they allow me to fill in those boxes in admin/categories/products?

In working with the control page and fill in tags, I don't see how the above are used?

And, no - you never seem to come off harsh - it's just I still feel like a dumbo! Thanks so much - I, too appreciate your contribution and all that you do for us. :blush:

Jack - I indicated "drop down" boxes - oops they are not drop down - they're "fill in" rectangular boxes - so sorry - thought dropdown. The admin/manufacturers is "fill in" - which I did; and the admin/categories/products won't let me fill anything. It just displays the words I mentioned before - referring to title, descriptions, keywords. That's what I was wondering - should they allow me to fill in those boxes in admin/categories/products?

In working with the control page and fill in tags, I don't see how the above are used?

And, no - you never seem to come off harsh - it's just I still feel like a dumbo! Thanks so much - I, too appreciate your contribution and all that you do for us. :blush:

If the boxes aren't there, then a mistake was made with the edits to the admin/categories.php file. There is a completed file in the contribution that you can use to compare against with a compare program. Winmerge is a free one that works well. Those boxes are for individual control of those items. If you run Fill Tags, it will pre-fill the titles and meta tags parts. The large category description usually has to be filled in manaully but there is an option for that in Fill Tags too.

The titles and meta tags just need to be filled in. The search engines will read them - customers won't have any use of them, except maybe the title, which is visible on the shop side. The categories description (large box) is for the search engines but also for the customers. You would want a description there that will help them but one that uses the keyword for that page to help with the search engines.

Be sure to read the included txt files since they contain guides on what to do with all of this.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have boxes checked in the default section for English, which is where the text for the english files are coming from, but there are not any checked for German, which is the reason none is displayed. You should check the approriate boxes and enter text for the index.php section so that the default is overridden.

Jack

Thank you very much Jack.

I see now whar I have done wrong.

Rene

Hi Jack,

The code for tinyMCE from 3.1.2 does not seem to work.

I have also tried the original that is incuded in http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4852

That one is working.

Regards

Rene

<?php // START tinyMCE Anywhere

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC == 'true' || HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES == 'true' || HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS == 'true')

{

if ($action == 'new_product' || $action == 'new_category' || $action == 'edit_category') { // No need to put JS on all pages.

$languages = tep_get_languages(); // Get all languages

// Build list of textareas to convert

$str = '';

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC == 'true') $str .= "products_head_desc_tag[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES == 'true') $str .= "categories_htc_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS == 'true') $str .= "products_head_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";

} //end for each language

$mce_str = rtrim ($str,","); // Removed the last comma from the string.

// You can add more textareas to convert in the $str, be careful that they are all separated by a comma.

echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>';

include "includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php";

}

} // END tinyMCE Anywhere

?>

Hi Jack,

The code for tinyMCE from 3.1.2 does not seem to work.

Please explain what "does not seem to work" means. The page display an error? Is the editor not showing? Something else? Have you turned on the options for it in the settings?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please explain what "does not seem to work" means. The page display an error? Is the editor not showing? Something else? Have you turned on the options for it in the settings?

Jack

After installation the editor does not show and in admin/configuration/header tags seo I have no

options for settings.

Regards

Rene

After installation the editor does not show and in admin/configuration/header tags seo I have no

options for settings.

Regards

Rene

Then there has been a mistake in the installation since there should be a Header Tags SEO section in admin->Configuration. If you installed Ultimate SEO after Header Tags SEO and did not use my version of Ultimate SEO, it would have deleted that section. You can run the uninstall and install sql files to fix that, but that will erase any changes you made to the titles and tags.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then there has been a mistake in the installation since there should be a Header Tags SEO section in admin->Configuration. If you installed Ultimate SEO after Header Tags SEO and did not use my version of Ultimate SEO, it would have deleted that section. You can run the uninstall and install sql files to fix that, but that will erase any changes you made to the titles and tags.

Jack

Jack,

I do have a Header Tags SEO section in admin->Configuration. Only the extra options for settings as under are missing:

Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions true

Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions true

Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products true

(Note: I copied these from a test site)

Rene

Jack,

I do have a Header Tags SEO section in admin->Configuration. Only the extra options for settings as under are missing:

Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions true

Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions true

Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products true

(Note: I copied these from a test site)

Rene

Then you made a mistake when updating your version. The last version, which added that code for TinyMCE, requred a database change.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Then you made a mistake when updating your version. The last version, which added that code for TinyMCE, requred a database change.

Jack

Jack

Iam installing this contri on XAMPP for WINDOWS on a local PC

I did use the under mentioned database change and PHPMYADMIN confirmd installation success.

Although I am doubtfull because by a second try it reconfirmed the success of installation instead of saying that it is a duplicate.

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function)

VALUES (NULL,'Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions', 'HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES', 'false', 'Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the categories description box. The editor must be installed for this to work.', '543', '13', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function)

VALUES (NULL,'Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions', 'HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC', 'false', 'Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the meta tag description box. The editor must be installed for this to work.', '543', '15', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

VALUES (NULL,'Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products', 'HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS', 'false', 'Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the products description box. The editor must be installed for this to work.', '543', '17', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

Jack

Iam installing this contri on XAMPP for WINDOWS on a local PC

I did use the under mentioned database change and PHPMYADMIN confirmd installation success.

Although I am doubtfull because by a second try it reconfirmed the success of installation instead of saying that it is a duplicate.

VALUES (NULL,'Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions', 'HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES', 'false', 'Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the categories description box. The editor must be installed for this to work.', '543', '13', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

VALUES (NULL,'Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions', 'HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC', 'false', 'Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the meta tag description box. The editor must be installed for this to work.', '543', '15', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

VALUES (NULL,'Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products', 'HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS', 'false', 'Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the products description box. The editor must be installed for this to work.', '543', '17', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

Hi jack,

This is a copy of the cofiguration file in the database

785 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the categories... 543 13 NULL 2009-03-18 20:19:43 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

786 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the meta tag d... 543 15 NULL 2009-03-18 20:19:43 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

787 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the products d... 543 17 NULL 2009-03-18 20:19:43 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

788 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the categories... 543 13 NULL 2009-03-19 15:05:07 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

789 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the meta tag d... 543 15 NULL 2009-03-19 15:05:07 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

790 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the products d... 543 17 NULL 2009-03-19 15:05:07 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

791 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the categories... 543 13 NULL 2009-03-19 15:05:22 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

792 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the meta tag d... 543 15 NULL 2009-03-19 15:05:22 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

793 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the products d... 543 17 NULL 2009-03-19 15:05:22 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

794 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the categories... 543 13 NULL 2009-03-19 15:10:13 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

795 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the meta tag d... 543 15 NULL 2009-03-19 15:10:13 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

796 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the products d... 543 17 NULL 2009-03-19 15:10:13 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

797 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the categories... 543 13 NULL 2009-03-19 15:11:45 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

798 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the meta tag d... 543 15 NULL 2009-03-19 15:11:45 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

799 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the products d... 543 17 NULL 2009-03-19 15:11:45 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

800 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the categories... 543 13 NULL 2009-03-19 15:13:36 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

801 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the meta tag d... 543 15 NULL 2009-03-19 15:13:36 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

802 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the products d... 543 17 NULL 2009-03-19 15:13:36 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

803 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the categories... 543 13 NULL 2009-03-19 15:13:59 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

804 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the meta tag d... 543 15 NULL 2009-03-19 15:13:59 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

805 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the products d... 543 17 NULL 2009-03-19 15:13:59 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

806 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the categories... 543 13 NULL 2009-03-19 15:14:15

There are quite a few duplicate entries there which is probably causing the problem. You need to clean that up.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I have cleaned the data base.

This is an update of the situation.

1. code in admin/catagories

2. cleaned Database

3. http://127.0.0.1/supplement-boost/admin/co...tion.php?gID=20

<?php // START tinyMCE Anywhere
if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC == 'true' || HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES == 'true' || HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS == 'true')
{  
 if ($action == 'new_product' || $action == 'new_category' || $action == 'edit_category') { // No need to put JS on all pages.
$languages = tep_get_languages(); // Get all languages
 // Build list of textareas to convert
$str = '';
for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
  if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC  == 'true') $str .= "products_head_desc_tag[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
  if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES == 'true') $str .= "categories_htc_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
  if (HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS == 'true') $str .= "products_head_description[".$languages[$i]['id']."],";
}  //end for each language
$mce_str = rtrim ($str,","); // Removed the last comma from the string.
 // You can add more textareas to convert in the $str, be careful that they are all separated by a comma.
echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>';
include "includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php";
 } 
} // END tinyMCE Anywhere
?>

814 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Products HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the products d... 543 17 NULL 2009-03-19 20:28:19 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),  
  813 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the meta tag d... 543 15 NULL 2009-03-19 20:28:19 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),  
  812 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES false Enables the TinyMCE HTML editor for the categories...543 13 NULL 2009-03-19 20:28:19 NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

Header Tags SEO

Titel Waarde Actie

Automatically Add New Pages true

Check for Missing Tags true

Display Column Box false

Disable Permission Warning false

Display Help Popups true

Display Social Bookmark true

Keyword Density Range 0.02,0.06

Separator - Description -

Separator - Keywords ,

Adds any new pages when Page Control is accessed

(true=on false=off)

Edited by nextimes

Header Tags SEO

Titel Waarde Actie

Automatically Add New Pages true

Check for Missing Tags true

Display Column Box false

Disable Permission Warning false

Display Help Popups true

Display Social Bookmark true

Keyword Density Range 0.02,0.06

Separator - Description -

Separator - Keywords ,

Adds any new pages when Page Control is accessed

(true=on false=off)

Hmm, I don't seem able to make the point clear but I'll try again. You have to have the options for TinyMCS in the admin settings for it to work. Not three of each as before and not 0 as now. Once you get that fixed, it should work for you.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hmm, I don't seem able to make the point clear but I'll try again. You have to have the options for TinyMCS in the admin settings for it to work. Not three of each as before and not 0 as now. Once you get that fixed, it should work for you.

Jack

Thank you Jack, but that is excactly the problem. Why are these options not showing. Where in the software can I fix this.

The three options I mentioned were not part of this installation. but on a test installation based on version Header Tags SEO 3.1.0 not 3.1.2

Now in the latest version 3.1.2 with the entry for the Database I can't get it to work because the the option for tinyMCE simply don't show in the admin settings.

Hope you can help

Rene

The instructions are in the update files.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I believe I did everything as per the update files.

I have changed the database from false to true by hand and tinyMCE is working now

Still I find it strange that in my installation there are no switches for this function in admin ad it supposed to be.

TinyMCE Editor for Products HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_PRODUCTS true

813 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Meta Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_META_DESC true

812 Enable TinyMCE Editor for Category Descriptions HEADER_TAGS_ENABLE_TINYMCE_CATEGORIES true

Regards

Rene

After having an SEO review of my site done one of the recommendations was to replace the very basic meta tags contribution I was using with this but I have hit two problems which seem to be related:

1) There is an issue with displaying the breadcrumb trail - in header.php I call the breadcrumb and I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method breadcrumb::trail() in /home/XXXXX/public_html/includes/header.php on line 132

Line 132 in header.php is simply:

echo $breadcrumb->trail(' > ');

2) If I comment out the breadcrumb trail most pages load ok but when I try and view an actual product (i.e. product_info.php) I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add() on a non-object in /home/XXXXX/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 618

Line 618 in application_top.php is:

$breadcrumb->add($categories['categories_htc_title_tag'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . implode('_', array_slice($cPath_array, 0, ($i+1)))));

This makes me think that its related to issue one and solving one will fix the other.

Other than the above (and an issue in categories.php which is down to me missing something out!!) its working fine - admin works, test works, I have changed the title and tags etc on index.php so it just seems like the above. I have done a search for the above errors in this thread and wider but cant seem to find anything on them so can anyone give any guidance?

Thanks

Jason

After having an SEO review of my site done one of the recommendations was to replace the very basic meta tags contribution I was using with this but I have hit two problems which seem to be related:

1) There is an issue with displaying the breadcrumb trail - in header.php I call the breadcrumb and I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method breadcrumb::trail() in /home/XXXXX/public_html/includes/header.php on line 132

Header Tags only changes the existing breadcrumb code, it doesn't add it. It appears that that code must have been disabled in your shop and adding the code from this contribution enabled it. If your shop didn't make use of the breadcrumb previously, then you should remove the changes you made to the includes/application_top.php file, or fix the breadcrumb code if you want that option.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I upgraded to the latest version and it works great with one exception. Occasionally I will get an error page when browsing the catalog that reads as follows:syntax error,unexpected T-CLASS in header_tags.php.

The line quoted varies but the last time it was this one case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS):

If I replace the file on my server with the original one from the upgrade it goes away for a while but comes back unexpectedly.

Any ideas?

Hi Jack,

I upgraded to the latest version and it works great with one exception. Occasionally I will get an error page when browsing the catalog that reads as follows:syntax error,unexpected T-CLASS in header_tags.php.

The line quoted varies but the last time it was this one case (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) === FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS):

If I replace the file on my server with the original one from the upgrade it goes away for a while but comes back unexpectedly.

Any ideas?

It appears you have a file in the root of your shop named sitemap_class.php, or something like that. Either you have a filename definition for it of FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS or Header Tags is trying to making a definition becuase one cannot be found. In either case, that definition is invalid. I am not aware of any contribution that has a file named sitemap_class that goes in the root directory so my guess is that that file shouldn't be there.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons