• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

I have copied the files on a clean shop (including the tinyMC). - After that I have installed the Dutch languages files, kept the English and German and deleted Spanish.

Now the contri is only working correctly in English. Dutch and German do show the product tags but don't show the categories tags.

I have checked the database.

In categories_htc_description are some strange codes and question marks that seem to change.

Categories_htc_desc_tag and categories_htc_keywords_tag are correct but for some reason not comming up as tags in the source page.

What have I done wrong

Thanks in advance

Rene

Did you run fill tags? Does the test script indicate any problems?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Oh my god!

I have a live shop with so many tag information and spent too many hours to create it.

I may not do reinstall headertag tables data to database.

I think I do not force this thing then long.

Thank you so much for your help but this thing is not worth this much.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Acid

Only you can decide if it is worth your time or not. Of course, your site will suffer as a result of not using it so you may want to rethink that decision. Or you could try one of the other meta tags contributions. They are easir to install if that is your most important consideration. They don't provide the same results, but they are easier.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Only you can decide if it is worth your time or not. Of course, your site will suffer as a result of not using it so you may want to rethink that decision. Or you could try one of the other meta tags contributions. They are easir to install if that is your most important consideration. They don't provide the same results, but they are easier.

Jack

Well !

I sad not force (only) the pseudopage problem.

I dont have time refill database 'coz too many data. (have any other idea for fix this problem without reinstall database, or any idea how can I save and fill back the database data fast and easy)

But I love this contribution, and I think this is the most usefull contrib for this function!

I use it in a future too just without using in the pseudopages tags.

Cheers, Acid

Edited by acidrush

Did you run fill tags? Does the test script indicate any problems?

Jack

Thank you for your reaction.

I did not run filltags. Everything still on "Skip all Tags"

There were no indications of any problems.

Rene

Rene

Sorry, except for these:

Note this is on a local Windows PC

Permissions Error:

Permissions settings for the C:/Program Files 1/xampp/htdocs/Teest/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

Database/File Mismatch Error:

The number of file entries in the database (8) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (6).

Files not in the includes/header_tags.php file:

allprods.php

products_new.php

Rene

You have to run fill tags for it to work properly, unless you want to fill everything manually.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry, except for these:

Note this is on a local Windows PC

Permissions Error:

Permissions settings for the C:/Program Files 1/xampp/htdocs/Teest/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

The number of file entries in the database (8) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (6).

allprods.php

products_new.php

Hello Jack,

I have another question about my clean installation in Englisch language

Shop page: Index.php in the source is showing the information that I wrote for Header tags Category Title, Header tags category Description and Header tags Category Keywords.

But there is no text in the Index.php page that I wrote for the second Header Tags Categories Description on the admin/categories.php?cPath=&cID=1&action=edit_category page.

I have checked the database on categories_htc_description the text is there, but it is not showing on the shop indexpage.

How can I fix that?

Thanks in advance

Rene

If you can view the description in admin and everything else is working correctly, which both seem to be true, then the problem has to be with the edits of the index.php file in the shop. DId you make the edits to it as described in Install_Catalog.txt?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to run fill tags for it to work properly, unless you want to fill everything manually.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your advise.

Still I don't understand why your contri is working perfectly in English but not in Dutch and German.

I have checked the installation again. I have made no mistakes with the languages files.

The native language of my shop is dutch so I need to find a solution.

Awaiting your reply,

Rene

If you go to a product edit page in admin are the Header Tags boxes for Dutch and German filled in?

Jack

Yes they are and show up in the database.

Rene

Hi Jack,

I am hoping you can help me out here... I had to re-install my whole shop because Google considered it infected with something and blocked it. So I couldn't just upload files from a backup, and had to start from scratch, except for the database (phew!).

Anyway, I installed a new osc 2.2RC2a and started adding newer versions of the contributions I had before. I had Header Tags Controller 2.6.3.1 before, but I installed Header Tags SEO 3.1.1 since it has so many cool features.

The installation seems to be fine, and the shop is working as it should, but the test message I get is the following:

Permissions Error:

Permissions settings for the /includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

Missing File Error:

Cannot find file /admin/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/languages/english/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /includes/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file /includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php.

Cannot find file /includes/functions/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file /includes/boxes/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file /includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php.

Default Text Present:

The default root text, New Home Page Title, should be removed or changed for index.php with language ID of 1.

The default root text, products new home, should be removed or changed for product_info.php with language ID of 1.

Duplicate title found:

exists more than once.

Duplicate meta description found:

exists more than once.

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

The number of file entries in the database (6) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (0).

index.php

product_info.php

product_reviews.php

product_reviews_info.php

product_reviews_write.php

specials.php

Now, all the files are uploaded, the permissions are correct, and the db tables are correct too, so I am not sure why I get this messages. My main banner is gone and it is not showing the changes I make to the title, keywords, etc.

Also, is it possible to transfer all the information I already have in the db (titles, descriptions, etc.) instead of having to start from scratch for each product, category, etc.? That's like a huge task I am really dreading...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

I have a highly customized shop and I was super stoked to see that his installed wonderfully and is working great over the past couple days. Because of my customized shop I had to work in my own index.php edits though.

After reworking the index side I noticed that the "Currently Viewing - Category Path" was no longer there.

Is this the code that makes that show up?

FIND (Around line 298)

<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
  </tr>

REPLACE with

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
	   <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, $htc['htc_title'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <?php if (tep_not_null($htc['htc_description'])) { ?>
	  <tr>
	   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	   <td colspan="2"><h2><?php echo $htc['htc_description']; ?></h2></td>
	  </tr>
	  <?php } 
	  /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ 
	  ?>

That is the only bit of code I have left that I am trying to work in but I never see a result so far. If thats not what that code does then which install.txt file does that and what does the code I've posted do?

Hi Jack,

I am hoping you can help me out here... I had to re-install my whole shop because Google considered it infected with something and blocked it. So I couldn't just upload files from a backup, and had to start from scratch, except for the database (phew!).

Anyway, I installed a new osc 2.2RC2a and started adding newer versions of the contributions I had before. I had Header Tags Controller 2.6.3.1 before, but I installed Header Tags SEO 3.1.1 since it has so many cool features.

The installation seems to be fine, and the shop is working as it should, but the test message I get is the following:

Permissions Error:

Permissions settings for the /includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777. NOTE: Disregard if on Windows server.

I am not Jack and he will know a lot more than me but I thought maybe I could post my 2 sense for you. If you are using a Windows server then just go to Configuration>>Header Tags SEO>>Disable Permission Warning- and change the the value to "true".

If you are not on a Windows server then change your permissions on includes/header_tags.php to 755 (first). If that does not remove the error then change the perms to 777.

Missing File Error:

Cannot find file /admin/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/languages/english/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /includes/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file /includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php.

Cannot find file /includes/functions/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file /includes/boxes/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file /includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php.

First things first make sure those files actually exist in those locations. As well you said you retained your old database. Are you using update.sql files to make this version compatible or are you just running the fresh installation .sql file?

Default Text Present:

The default root text, New Home Page Title, should be removed or changed for index.php with language ID of 1.

The default root text, products new home, should be removed or changed for product_info.php with language ID of 1.

This is going to say this until you fill out some meta data for your index and product_info pages or run the Fill in empty tags. In most cases be sure to have the "root" box checked to your index.php page when setting that up. Its just telling you that you have not change the default information yet.

Duplicate title found:

exists more than once.

Duplicate meta description found:

exists more than once.

This is going to be an error until you change the information on your pages. By default they all same the same thing after a fresh installation of Header Tags so duplicate content is going to be found until you change it.

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

Well again first things first ensure that you did this step for those files

FIND:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

REPLACE with the following then continue with Step 2:

<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
<?php
}
?>

If you have done all this it sounds more and more like you have a file path issue with the location of your files or you have old database stuff conflicting with the fresh install, etc. Sorry when it comes to sounding smart in that department I'll leave it up to Jack.

The number of file entries in the database (6) does not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (0).

index.php

product_info.php

product_reviews.php

product_reviews_info.php

product_reviews_write.php

specials.php

This is probably only showing up as a result from the Permissions Error.

Now, all the files are uploaded, the permissions are correct, and the db tables are correct too, so I am not sure why I get this messages. My main banner is gone and it is not showing the changes I make to the title, keywords, etc.

Also, is it possible to transfer all the information I already have in the db (titles, descriptions, etc.) instead of having to start from scratch for each product, category, etc.? That's like a huge task I am really dreading...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would really suggest re reading the Install files. It seems to me you went a stray somewhere or another. As well if you your shop has any customizations do not upload the files over top of yours as it will most likely mess up your store. This may be related to what you are saying something about your banner not showing up. You will probably have to back up your site to previous state before installation and do all the manual install instructions with code changes. I would wait to hear what Jack says. He certainly have a more qualified advise for you.

I have a highly customized shop and I was super stoked to see that his installed wonderfully and is working great over the past couple days. Because of my customized shop I had to work in my own index.php edits though.

After reworking the index side I noticed that the "Currently Viewing - Category Path" was no longer there.

Is this the code that makes that show up?

FIND (Around line 298)

<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
  </tr>

REPLACE with

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
	   <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, $htc['htc_title'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <?php if (tep_not_null($htc['htc_description'])) { ?>
	  <tr>
	   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	   <td colspan="2"><h2><?php echo $htc['htc_description']; ?></h2></td>
	  </tr>
	  <?php } 
	  ?>

That is the only bit of code I have left that I am trying to work in but I never see a result so far. If thats not what that code does then which install.txt file does that and what does the code I've posted do?

Ok disregard the part in this quoted message about the "Currently Viewing Text" I found it in product_info.php and fixed it.

However I am still curious as to what the code does I have posted in the quote above. Is it supposed to output something? I can plug it into the page with no layout problems but never seen a result. Do I need it and what does it accomplish?

Ok disregard the part in this quoted message about the "Currently Viewing Text" I found it in product_info.php and fixed it.

However I am still curious as to what the code does I have posted in the quote above. Is it supposed to output something? I can plug it into the page with no layout problems but never seen a result. Do I need it and what does it accomplish?

It's the code to handle the categories description text. You have to enter the text by editing a category and using the large box at the bottom of that page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am not Jack and he will know a lot more than me but I thought maybe I could post my 2 sense for you. If you are using a Windows server then just go to Configuration>>Header Tags SEO>>Disable Permission Warning- and change the the value to "true".

If you are not on a Windows server then change your permissions on includes/header_tags.php to 755 (first). If that does not remove the error then change the perms to 777.

First things first make sure those files actually exist in those locations. As well you said you retained your old database. Are you using update.sql files to make this version compatible or are you just running the fresh installation .sql file?

This is going to say this until you fill out some meta data for your index and product_info pages or run the Fill in empty tags. In most cases be sure to have the "root" box checked to your index.php page when setting that up. Its just telling you that you have not change the default information yet.

This is going to be an error until you change the information on your pages. By default they all same the same thing after a fresh installation of Header Tags so duplicate content is going to be found until you change it.

Well again first things first ensure that you did this step for those files

FIND:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

REPLACE with the following then continue with Step 2:

<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
<?php
}
?>

If you have done all this it sounds more and more like you have a file path issue with the location of your files or you have old database stuff conflicting with the fresh install, etc. Sorry when it comes to sounding smart in that department I'll leave it up to Jack.

This is probably only showing up as a result from the Permissions Error.

I would really suggest re reading the Install files. It seems to me you went a stray somewhere or another. As well if you your shop has any customizations do not upload the files over top of yours as it will most likely mess up your store. This may be related to what you are saying something about your banner not showing up. You will probably have to back up your site to previous state before installation and do all the manual install instructions with code changes. I would wait to hear what Jack says. He certainly have a more qualified advise for you.

Thanks for your suggestions, but I already did everything you mentioned with no luck. I'm not on a Windows server but the permission is not recognized by the admin... You are probably right about the path issue, but I'm not sure where to look to fix it. Or if it's database related, I'd appreciate any leads in the right direction so as to update/upgrade all the info that is already in there, from the older version I had of Header Tags Controller, and how to fix the “connection” so that all the information shows.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

Thanks for your suggestions, but I already did everything you mentioned with no luck. I'm not on a Windows server but the permission is not recognized by the admin...

Did you compare the permissions against those of the images directory as instructed in the Install files? If so, then you will need to talk to ask host to find why the permissions are not correct.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded containing the following changes:

- Added Canonical code per Greg's (Phocea) suggestion. This is an important change since google may not list pages they consider duplicate.

- Added code to test script to check for missing titles and meta tags.

- Added code to test script to check for length of titles and descriptions. These are just suggestions since there are no correct sizes. This option should be used in conjunction with the google tool in your google sitemap account. It will list pages that it sees as having length problems.

- Added a popup window to the test function to explain the various errors.

- Added an index.php and product_info.php file to the contribution.

- Added database option to control the TinyMCE editor. The editor must be installed separately.

- Fixed code in test script where only language id 1 was being checked.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you compare the permissions against those of the images directory as instructed in the Install files? If so, then you will need to talk to ask host to find why the permissions are not correct.

Jack

Hi,

The permissions are correct. I have checked and double checked this. They are 777, same as the images folder. I am sure I installed the contribution correctly, I have checked and double checked that as well.

Any other suggestions of what may be wrong?

Now, if this is the main issue, does that mean that all the info on the database should automatically transfer to the new site? In other words, installing Header Tags SEO transfers the info in the database from Header Tags Controller (titles, descriptions, keywords, etc.), or is there a step I am missing?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by jailaxmi

Now, if this is the main issue, does that mean that all the info on the database should automatically transfer to the new site? In other words, installing Header Tags SEO transfers the info in the database from Header Tags Controller (titles, descriptions, keywords, etc.), or is there a step I am missing?

It uses some of the database fields that HTC uses. If you run the heder_tags_seo_update.sql file, it should bring the database uptodate.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It uses some of the database fields that HTC uses. If you run the heder_tags_seo_update.sql file, it should bring the database uptodate.

Jack

I did that, and all the description, title and keywords fields are empty for both products and categories. What am I missing here? I really wish I could get this to work like the HTC I had before...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I just noticed something else... In my admin panel, under Header Tags SEO, each of the options appears 3 times. So I have:

Automatically Add New Pages true Info

Check for Missing Tags true Info

Display Column Box false Info

... etc., you get the picture. What in the world did I do there? :blush:

Thanks!

I did that, and all the description, title and keywords fields are empty for both products and categories. What am I missing here? I really wish I could get this to work like the HTC I had before...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The update sql file doesn't have any code in it to affect the fields that HTC uses so you must be doing something wrong. You could start with Header Tags SEO v 3.0 and use the script to convert the databases but that is a lot of work and shouldn't be needed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons