• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I installed Ultimate SEO URLS and Header Tags SEO (Ultimate was installed first) today. Now my bread crumb in the header.php isn't working properly, nor do my category headings show up off of index.php. As Ultimate SEO didn't change anything with heading titles, I figure the culprit is the Header Tags SEO, but I'm not certain what file edit might be the culprit. Both of them recognize there is supposed to be text there, but no text shows.

Any ideas?

http://www.mybluerocks.com (still tweaking!)

Update: Just tried a Fill Tags and got this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

update products_description set categories_htc_title_tag="My Blue Rocks Online Rock Shop - Petrified Wood", categories_htc_desc_tag="Specializing in Arizona\\\'s Blue Rocks: Chrysocolla and other copper minerals. Also have Petrified Wood", categories_htc_keywords_tag="Petrified Wood, Petrified Wood lapidary" where products_id = '28' and language_id='1'

[TEP STOP]

I'm guess the lack of 'categories_htc_title_tag' is the cause. I ran the headertags_seo_setup.php to update the database and received confirmation that it all ran successrully...

Edited by akansan

Update: Just tried a Fill Tags and got this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

update products_description set categories_htc_title_tag="My Blue Rocks Online Rock Shop - Petrified Wood", categories_htc_desc_tag="Specializing in Arizona\\\'s Blue Rocks: Chrysocolla and other copper minerals. Also have Petrified Wood", categories_htc_keywords_tag="Petrified Wood, Petrified Wood lapidary" where products_id = '28' and language_id='1'

[TEP STOP]

I'm guess the lack of 'categories_htc_title_tag' is the cause. I ran the headertags_seo_setup.php to update the database and received confirmation that it all ran successrully...

Well, kinda nevermind to the first problem. The Breadcrumb works now, and the category names show up.

However, I still get that wierd error...

After adding this contribution, I noticed that when I edit category tags and click save, my category image disappears. Is there a problem with overwriting a database entry for category image if there is no image upload during this save? Or is it something wrong with my code?

Plan was to install this contrib as the last one and then upload to web host for semi-live testing, but an annoying bug showed up and I feel a little lost :blush:

When in the shop public area and going through either the categories in the cat box or the manufacturers in the manuf box the line below shows up under the header table.

The only clue I have so far is that it seems to occur for every last subcategory in a category branch, never on the products info page.

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); else $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query); ?>

Beeing a newbie when it comes to php, sql and such I could use some help kicking me in the right direction to find the error.

I have a couple of other contrib's installed as well and I have tried to be very careful whith any mod's already made in the files but that does not exclude the possibility of mistakes.

The contrib's I have are EP 2.76g, msrp, hide catgories and products.

Any help would be truly appreciated, thanks.

My shop is ver 2.2rc2. Besides the small issue above this contribution seems very useful. Thanks a lot!

Edited by wrench head

After adding this contribution, I noticed that when I edit category tags and click save, my category image disappears. Is there a problem with overwriting a database entry for category image if there is no image upload during this save? Or is it something wrong with my code?
If the problem wasn't there before, then it is due to whatever changes were made to the categories.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Plan was to install this contrib as the last one and then upload to web host for semi-live testing, but an annoying bug showed up and I feel a little lost :blush:

When in the shop public area and going through either the categories in the cat box or the manufacturers in the manuf box the line below shows up under the header table.

The only clue I have so far is that it seems to occur for every last subcategory in a category branch, never on the products info page.

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); else $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query); ?>

Beeing a newbie when it comes to php, sql and such I could use some help kicking me in the right direction to find the error.

I have a couple of other contrib's installed as well and I have tried to be very careful whith any mod's already made in the files but that does not exclude the possibility of mistakes.

The contrib's I have are EP 2.76g, msrp, hide catgories and products.

Any help would be truly appreciated, thanks.

My shop is ver 2.2rc2. Besides the small issue above this contribution seems very useful. Thanks a lot!

It means you made a mistake in the edits for the index.php file. You'll need to start over for that page, making and checking each change one at a time.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

It means you made a mistake in the edits for the index.php file. You'll need to start over for that page, making and checking each change one at a time.

Jack

And of course I found it :)

I missed to delete the small ?> in front of the pasted statement in previous post.

Thanks Jack for the kick in my butt :D

Hello everybody!

I have installed Header tags SEO in a STS shop.

The Header tags are filed, the META tags are filed BUT ( 'cause there is always a but ), the $header_tags_array['title'] comes empty on the "you are viewing" part.

I have been searching for a couple of hours but don't seem to find were the bug is.

I have instaled this contrib on a non STS shop without any probleme.

Can someone point me the right direction?

another probleme in the same area:

I get a W3C valodation probleme in this place:

Line 314, Column 123: NET-enabling start-tag requires SHORTTAG YES.

…sid=4fae67131acebbd016a1d844dffb64a0"/# "></a></td>

The sequence <FOO /> can be interpreted in at least two different ways, depending on the DOCTYPE of the document. For HTML 4.01 Strict, the '/' terminates the tag <FOO (with an implied '>'). However, since many browsers don't interpret it this way, even in the presence of an HTML 4.01 Strict DOCTYPE, it is best to avoid it completely in pure HTML documents and reserve its use solely for those written in XHTML.

What is the use of this part and what would append if I remove it? :

<?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">

thanks.

Edited by year

Hi Jack,

I want to thank you for what you do, not only with this contrib but for your dedication in osCommerce.

What's the paypal account?

Though this contribution works fine there is a bug that I can't work out.

I have spent hours searching the forums for a solution to my problem but without success.

While doing so, I noticed that I was not the only one having trouble with the "Currently Viewing" with STS installed.

I solved this by changing the link code to

<?php echo '<a title="' . $products_name . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $products_name . '">' . $products_name; ?></a>

the change is "$products_name"

as far as I know this should not affect anything regarding security, am I wrong or are there any other problems related to this change?

That is not my "unsolvable" problem though.

When the system shows the product_listing the title shows the Sort, Page and Language followed by the HTC SEO derived title

Check <a href='http://www.theacademyweb.com/squeakpic/hazelkid/tshirts-white-c-23_28.html?page=3&sort=2a&language=en''>http://www.theacademyweb.com/squeakpic/hazelkid/tshirts-white-c-23_28.html?page=3&sort=2a&language=en' target='_blank'>http://www.theacademyweb.com/squeakpic/hazelkid/tshirts-white-c-23_28.html?page=3&sort=2a&language=en

</a> for example.

I have tried with disabling the URL SEO but that had no effect.

What seems to be the lowest common denominator is Header Tags SEO and STS, to tell by googling for "sort_2a", "sort_3a", "page_"n + oscommerce.

By nulling $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] I get rid of the Sort_Na, but that leaves me with sort function for products listings disabled since the function tep_create_sort_heading(); which creates the links needs $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] ... and this has no effect on the Page_N or language_LC

I have searched the header_tags.php files for a reference to $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']

Am I using wrong keywords when searching the forums or has this problem not yet been solved.

I have reinstalled HT SEO but that did not solve the problem.

Once again, thank you for this great contribution

// Jascha Becker

Edited by akachan

The change for currently viewing may work as far as the code concerned but it is supposed to use the keyword for the page, which product_name may not be.

Header Tags has nothing to do with the url's.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for the quick reply =)

For me the name will work fine.

I am well aware of that HT SEO has no control of the URL's, I even read the previous post regarding this problem.

However, my problem is that the current sort, page and language get added to the title.

I am fine with that they get added to the URL when Ultimate SEO Urls is enabled.

Visit

http://www.theacademyweb.com/squeakpic/haz...t=2a&page=3

to see the problem in action

/Jascha

The change for currently viewing may work as far as the code concerned but it is supposed to use the keyword for the page, which product_name may not be.

Header Tags has nothing to do with the url's.

Jack

The Header Tags code is just reading in what is there. It doesn't generate those titles. So you need to look at your category titles to find why they are named that way.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

This is a great contribution - quite a pro work.

I am looking forward to install it. Here is the question: Do I have to install Header Tags Controller first and then Header Tags SEO or Header Tags SEO includes everything.

Thanks,

Lana

The language, split_Page and products_listing_sort_order generates those strings, but for some reason HT SEO adds them to the title.

The above mentioned strings should be named the way they are since osCommerce currently needs them to.

I noticed that this problem occurs at ALL pages, not only the products_listing.php.

ie. if you choose language while at product_info.php the title will say ... language_LC | -HT SEO GENERATED TITLE-

language_LC (Language Code) plus the title generated by HT SEO

Also the sort, page and language get added the keywords.

First I thought that this problem might be caused by the $GET['vars'] but that can't be it since the c-path is not added.

Oh well, i'll post the solution if I ever find one.

The Header Tags code is just reading in what is there. It doesn't generate those titles. So you need to look at your category titles to find why they are named that way.

Jack

Sorry for shitting all over the forums but I think I found the problem

When researching a bit about STS i found this note

NOTE: Do not put <title>...</title> tags in your header. It will be added

as part of the $headcontent variable, along with the Description and Keywords

meta tags if you have the WebMakers.com's Header Tag Controller contribution

installed.

I know that this is not the WM HTC but I reckon that the problem lays within the $headcontent variable of STS rather than HT SEO.

I turned off STS and made the change from step 1) in HT SEO CATALOG INSTALL

This works like a charm and I am now 100% percent sure that the bug is in STS, not HT SEO

When I have solved this problem, should I post the solution here or in the STS forums or both?

Thanks Jack

Cheers

Jascha

Edited by akachan

I know that this is not the WM HTC but I reckon that the problem lays within the $headcontent variable of STS rather than HT SEO.

Hi Jascha,

I think we have different problems with the same result, or maybe a similar problem. I dont have STS.

This just gets more confusing.

sjc

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in /home/xxxx/xxxxxx/includes/header_tags.php on line 333

and when I open that file

// sitemap.class.php

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS)):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS);

break;

from here comes the eror

Pls help

Do you have a definition in your includes.filenames.php file for FILENAME_SITEMAP.CLASS? If so, what page does it open. If not, that is the problem. My guess is that you have a file in the shop's root directory that shouldn't be there.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a problem

A product named "ovasol forte - 180 perlas" is displayed on breadcumb and title like "ovasol forte" the rest of the name is cut

is possible to configure to display the full name?

I don't fully understand your question but the breadcrumb is just displaying the Header Tags title and that can be edited in the products edit page so you should be able to have it read whatever you want.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons