• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi

could anyone shed any light why i always get this error when doing a new install from a previously working site backup?

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select categories_name, categories_htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag from categories_description where categories_id = '0' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

many thanks

steve

It means the Header Tags part of the categories table is missing. You can either run the uninstall and install scripts, though that will erase all entries for Header Tags, or edit the database manually to fix it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I new at all this. I added the meta tag contrub and it works great but for some odd reason at index.php or home it has no description or content it just is ""

Can someone help? please?

here is the source

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title>Resto Muscle Car Parts for your Classic Mustang and Camaro</title>

<meta name="description" content="">

<meta name="keywords" content="">

my home page is www.restomusclecar.com

It means the Header Tags part of the categories table is missing. You can either run the uninstall and install scripts, though that will erase all entries for Header Tags, or edit the database manually to fix it.

Jack

Thanks for your time and reply Jack, are you able to explain in easy terms what would fix this and prevent it happening again next time i load up the same files and database for new sites. I assume the sql install file needs fixing somehow and then it should be ok in future?

Many thanks

Steve

It appears you added the Header Tags code to the head section without removing the existing code. That needs to be fixed.

Jack

Thanks Jack,

Your right as always, I removed the "products new home" and all that from the page and it shows up correctly now.

Thanks, Rickey

I new at all this. I added the meta tag contrub and it works great but for some odd reason at index.php or home it has no description or content it just is ""

Can someone help? please?

here is the source

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title>Resto Muscle Car Parts for your Classic Mustang and Camaro</title>

<meta name="description" content="">

<meta name="keywords" content="">

my home page is www.restomusclecar.com

Sorry to be a pain but did anyone read this? Just curius why index.php has blank content and description

Thanks for your time and reply Jack, are you able to explain in easy terms what would fix this and prevent it happening again next time i load up the same files and database for new sites. I assume the sql install file needs fixing somehow and then it should be ok in future?

Many thanks

Steve

No, I can't say what would prevent it since I don't know how it got that way. If you upgraded from a previous version of Header Tags, then it is because you missed a step in the upgrade files. Other than that, it shouldn't happen since that missing column has been a part of Header Tags for years.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry to be a pain but did anyone read this? Just curius why index.php has blank content and description
It doesn't appear that you added Header Tags. You need to ask your question in the correct support thread.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i am a novice and do not know how to read this error, i recently installed the latest version of header tags seo to my rc2 store, all link work fine except my subcaegory pages of which i get this error

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); else $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query); ?>

what do i do?

Seeing code like that means a mistake was made in the installation. Some control characters were missed or overwrritten. You'll need to go back through the insallation for that page and find the mistake.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

thanks for replying jack, i found my error, or actually the dirctions error, for the catalog install on line 270 for the index pg, it's missing a <? for the php start, thank you again!

i attached the below change for any other novice php writer that could easily make MY MISTAKE AS WELL...

FIND (Around line 247)

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

REPLACE with

(i added a <? at the beginning and it worked...)

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))

$db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

else

$db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query);

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><h1><?php echo $htc['htc_title']; ?></h1></td>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

The instructions are correct for a standard shop. Your file may have been laid out differently which caused the problem. The instructions say to remove the ?> that is there, then to replace it with some php code and ?>. So it is inserting php code before the ?>, which is where it belongs.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't see the info_page.php in the list in Header Tags SEO admin. How can I add it to the list? Everything works fine, but my info pages don't get keywords, just

products new , -ITEM TITLE-

I deleted "keywords1,keywords2 from the database, but I would love to get keywords for my products at least based on the description on the page.

How can I manage that?

Thanks for the contrib!

Once the Header Tags code is added in the head section of the info_page file, it should show up (you may have to select Add Missing Pages if that option is truned off).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to read through the documentation first and do the steps it mentions. If that fails, post the results of the test function with some meaningful explanation of the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(..) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/webxx/html/:/var/www/webxx/phptmp/:/var/www/webxx/files/:/var/www/webxx/atd/) in /var/www/webxx/html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 68

you can test it on: http://www.all1pay.com/admin/header_tags_seo.php

Edited by tim_greiling

hello jack,

can you install the script?

thank you.

Yes, but I doubt that it would help. The error is due to a server setting so you need to talk to your host about it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to read through the documentation first and do the steps it mentions. If that fails, post the results of the test function with some meaningful explanation of the problem.

Jack

I have install , everything works fine except in my admin/catalog i get this Error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/content/t/h/e/mystore/html/admin/categories.php on line 343.

I made a Mistake SomeWhere in admin/categories.php this is the code for the line 343

case 'new_product_preview':

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $categories_id . '&pID=' . $products_id));
	break;
  case 'new_product_preview':
// copy image only if modified
	$products_image = new upload('products_image');
	$products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);
	if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {
	  $products_image_name = $products_image->filename;
	} else {
	  $products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');
	}
	break;
}
 }

// check if the catalog image directory exists
 if (is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {
if (!is_writeable(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) $messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'error');
 } else {
$messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST, 'error');
 }
?>
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus();">
<div id="spiffycalendar" class="text"></div>
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

This is more of the code From line 341 - after making all the changes from Install_Admin.TXT

The Test Shows NO Errors, At this point i'm very Confused!

ANY IDEAS OF WHAT'S GOING ON HERE? PLEASE HELP ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED THANKS!

Edited by tinkerbell46325

The instructions say to try the included categories.php file when you have such problems. What happened when you did that?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The instructions say to try the included categories.php file when you have such problems. What happened when you did that?

Jack

HI Jack, this is the URLhttps://www.MyStore.com/admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog

I' Merged both files RC2 n Admin/category.php, some code's different, other missing , i'm goin to replace it with the RC2 Category

not sure what's going to happen, or should i just fix the code?

Edited by tinkerbell46325

Jack

hello again, I decided to Replace it with the one included in RC2 Like you Said*

And back to My Admin- Catalog is Working NOW! I didn't try this from the begining bc i hav other contribution but i guess there's no problem ther