• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Edit the page in admin->Header Tags SEO->Page Control.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Okay, so I can go there and it drops 'new...' if I delete and update under product/_info

and I delete the same in index.php that removes the 'new....' from categories and manufactures

Great, but now I am left with

Manufacturer

<title>Sierra -</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Sierra -" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="Sierra ," />

Product

<title>Sierra - - SWAT 3: Close Quarters Battle</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Sierra - - SWAT 3: Close Quarters Battle" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="Sierra , , SWAT 3: Close Quarters Battle" />

Categories

<title>Simulation -</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Simulation -" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="Simulation ," />

i.e we are getting the ' -' and ',' which are the seperators, the ',' in the keywords is okay as this does not affect anything ie the search engines do not see the double comma as an extra keyword, but in the title and descriptions and titles it can look messy if, I reemove the seperator completly for description then it will make it all joined up which is not ideal either.

As for the title didnt see an option to remove the -

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

I have a problem. I can not see Header Tags SEO in some pages.

http://www.tecnocamper.com/chi_siamo.php

Be sure you have filled in the information for that page in admin->Header Tags->Page Control.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

i.e we are getting the ' -' and ',' which are the seperators, the ',' in the keywords is okay as this does not affect anything ie the search engines do not see the double comma as an extra keyword, but in the title and descriptions and titles it can look messy if, I reemove the seperator completly for description then it will make it all joined up which is not ideal either.

As for the title didnt see an option to remove the -

Have you ran fill tags? Are you getting error message in test?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

It looks like you either didn't make all of the changes in includes/application_top.php or didn't run Fill Tags.

Jack

After checking to make sure everything was modified regarding the instructions, it still shows the product twice. Went to admin and ran all three, page control, fill tags and test.

view here!

Edited by blr044

I have already entered it, but it does not see. Tags, description and title are visible in the admin area but in the users side isn't possible to see them.

Have you ran fill tags? Are you getting error message in test?

Jack

Sorted, the problem is me not thinking it through.

If you just remove the data using page control you get left with the '- -' etc

But what needs to be done as a refill the tags (fill tags) when that is done the meta tags are correctly formatted.

Getting to grips with a powerfull package, also when filling the tags its going to take a little while so have to remember to give the system a time to populate up.

Maybe an idea to writes some basic common sense/ common problems/solutions instructions, i.e if you change the tag settings, go and fill the tags.

Thanks for your help

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Regarding post 1954, looked over few of changes and went back to admin to run fill tags and page control. Received this error at page control:

1054 - Unknown column 'append_product' in 'field list'

insert into headertags (page_name, page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, append_default_title, append_default_description, append_default_keywords, append_default_logo, append_category, append_manufacturer, append_product, append_root, sortorder_title, sortorder_description, sortorder_keywords, sortorder_logo, sortorder_category, sortorder_manufacturer, sortorder_product, sortorder_root, language_id) values ('privacy.php', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')

[TEP STOP]

Did not see 'append_product in db under headertags table. Even the sql file has nothing in there regarding 'append_product'

insert into headertags (page_name, page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, append_default_title, append_default_description, append_default_keywords, append_default_logo, append_category, append_manufacturer, append_product, append_root, sortorder_title, sortorder_description, sortorder_keywords, sortorder_logo, sortorder_category, sortorder_manufacturer, sortorder_product, sortorder_root, language_id) values ('privacy.php', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '10', '1', '1')

Did not see 'append_product in db under headertags table. Even the sql file has nothing in there regarding 'append_product'

See highlighted part.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

See highlighted part.

Jack

Finally finished adding the append's to db. Product name is still being displayed twice in the nav bar. Even after reading the doc's files, i do not see why the nav bar is appearing the way it is.

I cannot run the Generic Override without receiving the 500 internal server error. When I run Description override and generic overirde together, I still receive the 500 internal server error.

There's a problem with the code in Fill Tags regarding the generic override, as mentioned previously. That might be causing both of the Fill Tags problems. But as far as the other problems, it sounds like the installation has problems since you shouldn't need to be making changes to the database as you are.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, even if i had it in the right place. it is scratched in IE and not in FF, here is my code:

<?php
if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
  echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);
} else {
  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);
}
 }
?>	
	</td>
  </tr>

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
  <tr>
   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
   <td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 
   <?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>
  </tr>
  <?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

</table></form></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
 </tr>

</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

The reason for it would be the same. It must be something in your file that is different than a stock one. But that's not something that can be supported here.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, it is OK not to install that part. It is just an added option to help improve the SEO of the product pages but, overall, its effect is minor.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Finally finished adding the append's to db. Product name is still being displayed twice in the nav bar. Even after reading the doc's files, i do not see why the nav bar is appearing the way it is.

I cannot run the Generic Override without receiving the 500 internal server error. When I run Description override and generic overirde together, I still receive the 500 internal server error.

OK jack. Found problem why product displayed twice in the nav bar. It was with step of instruction for application_top.php . When I replaced the code, I accidently left some of the original code there.

As far at the generic override, is there something I need to change or what.

Thanks for your help.

As far at the generic override, is there something I need to change or what.

No, it is probably due to the problems mentioned in the code. That will be fixed in the next update, though I can't say when that will be.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, Great contribution. I am having one minor problem with my Catalog/Includes/Product_Info.php page. It is the only page that has exceeded its set wodit (990 Px) with the column_right dropping below the text and pics. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am running out of ideas. Everything else is perfect.

Thanks

It means you inserted some of the code for that page in the wrong place. I suggest you back it all out and make the changes one at a time, checking the results after each one. That will isolate the problem area, which you can then figure out the mistake.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It means you inserted some of the code for that page in the wrong place. I suggest you back it all out and make the changes one at a time, checking the results after each one. That will isolate the problem area, which you can then figure out the mistake.

Jack

Thank Jack, but it still didn't work. I entered one piece of code at a time, and even with just one of the 4 pieces of code, the product_info page completely reformats. I even tried with an original file of the product_info.php file (without any other modifications) and have the same result. The problem must be coming from another file. Could it have anything to do with another addon, more_pics_6_v1.4.3 that I have installed? Your insight is appreciated.

The problem is most likely in that file but, as you found out, doesn't have anything to do with Header Tags. You can try posting your question in the general forum but on a problem as specific as yours, getting help is unlikely. You might want to replace your file with a stock file, to make sure it works, then compare it to yours.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The problem is most likely in that file but, as you found out, doesn't have anything to do with Header Tags. You can try posting your question in the general forum but on a problem as specific as yours, getting help is unlikely. You might want to replace your file with a stock file, to make sure it works, then compare it to yours.

Jack

Tried that too. I pulled the stock file and updated with the 4 pieces of code and still had the same problem. As a last resort, I will abort and start over. Just one last question. Thanks fdor your help

turquoi1, I was seeing a similar problem...

Did you apply step1 (or 1a or 1b) of Install_Catalog.txt to product_info.php? I was seeing a similar problem, and had only applied the changes described there to index.php.

Rich

I have Header Tags SEO installed, but on my product_info.php page this is what the header tags look like:

<head>
<title>Parallel/Serial/USB Card - Generic - products new home -</title>
<meta name="Description" content="Generic - products new description -" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="Parallel/Serial/USB Card - Generic , Generic , products new keywords1,keywords2 ," />
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />
<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title>Ricks PC Parts</title>

Is this the way it should beor have I got something wrong?

Thanks, Rickey

It appears you added the Header Tags code to the head section without removing the existing code. That needs to be fixed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons