• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I don't have a shop setup using that contribution so I can't test it. You need to be sure that the url format is correct first though. To do that, turn off Ultimate SEO and visit one of the information pages to get the actual url. Is that what you are typing in?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't have a shop setup using that contribution so I can't test it. You need to be sure that the url format is correct first though. To do that, turn off Ultimate SEO and visit one of the information pages to get the actual url. Is that what you are typing in?

Jack

Hi Jack,

I've tried with ultimate SEO off and on and nothing happens apart from a page refresh.

yeah the url is correct. its definitely information.php?info_id=6

but no entries in the database for it.

information.php is in the file list.

I've just tried to set that and it worked but obviously every information page now has same SEO information, so it does recgonise information.php just not with a link after it!

could there be any sort of file permission problem? from the pseudo update button?

just thinking out load

Dean

Please provide a link to that contribution. I will install and test it when I have time.

Jack

Hi Jack,

thanks for that it is Information Pages unlimited v 2.05

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1026

I can survive with shared meta tags for them at the moment but it would be a nice to work it out in the future.

Rest of it is great!

thanks

Dean

Hi Jack,

thanks for that it is Information Pages unlimited v 2.05

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1026

I can survive with shared meta tags for them at the moment but it would be a nice to work it out in the future.

Rest of it is great!

thanks

Dean

I have Information Pages unlimited v 2.044 installed with HTC and working as a dream. Must use pesudo pages and add meta tags for each id. If i find time i will update to latest 2.05 and try...

The only thing is that i have to check "root" to get information to show. If i uncheck "root" it goes blank.

Just a feature request sins we are into this contrib witch use pseudo pages.:

One option i would like is to have names on the pseudo files insted of information.php?info_id=x where id x may be my privacy page.

Example:

information.php?info_id=1 --> delivery

information.php?info_id=2 --> Privacy

information.php?info_id=5 --> Payment

I've had Header Tags 2.5.2 installed for years now, but I'd like to upgrade in order to get my Latest News contrib to pick up Header Tags, amongst other things.

I've downloaded the latest version (3.1.0) and I'm reading thru the upgrade instructions for version 2.6.3 (because it doesn't go back as far as mine) and all looks fine. I'm going file by file and looking at what is there currently and what it's to be replaced with and everything is matching up perfectly, except one file.

The file that jumps at me is the one where I'm replacing code for a header tags.php box in catalog>includes>column_left.php. I never had such a box called header tags in includes/boxes and I never had an entry in includes/column_left to display one. My question is...what is it? What is the purpose of an infobox called header tags in the public side of my website? What does it do?

The butt-kicking part of the install...all those edits for admin/categories.php...are skipped in the upgrade instructions, but...because I'm running 2.5.2...will all be well if I just follow the upgrade install from 2.6.3?

Lastly, what about the headertags_seo_update.sql file...is it going to play nicely with what I have currently in my database? I'm just wondering what big changes (if any) occurred between versions 2.5.2 and 2.6.3.

- Andrea

I've had Header Tags 2.5.2 installed for years now, but I'd like to upgrade in order to get my Latest News contrib to pick up Header Tags, amongst other things.

I've downloaded the latest version (3.1.0) and I'm reading thru the upgrade instructions for version 2.6.3 (because it doesn't go back as far as mine) and all looks fine. I'm going file by file and looking at what is there currently and what it's to be replaced with and everything is matching up perfectly, except one file.

The file that jumps at me is the one where I'm replacing code for a header tags.php box in catalog>includes>column_left.php. I never had such a box called header tags in includes/boxes and I never had an entry in includes/column_left to display one. My question is...what is it? What is the purpose of an infobox called header tags in the public side of my website? What does it do?

The butt-kicking part of the install...all those edits for admin/categories.php...are skipped in the upgrade instructions, but...because I'm running 2.5.2...will all be well if I just follow the upgrade install from 2.6.3?

Lastly, what about the headertags_seo_update.sql file...is it going to play nicely with what I have currently in my database? I'm just wondering what big changes (if any) occurred between versions 2.5.2 and 2.6.3.

- Andrea

The box for the shop side only displays when a product page is displayed and then only if the option in admin is turned on. It just repeats some of the product information which provides more SEO type text on the page. Some shops don't like, thus the reason for the switch in admin.

To upgrade, all of the files in the catalog/admin directory of the contribution can be uploaded over the ones on your server. The changes to categories.php are detailed in the install instructions. The files on the shop side can just be uploaded if you don't have a large includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file. You can still upload it but they tags would have to be entered manually so it may take longer. I doubt there is much there that will be lost, which is why I dropped support of the conversion script. It just wasn't justified. The majority of your titles and meta tags will be in your categories and products. Though won't be touched unless you run a full Fill Tags.The update sql file won't (shouldn't) do any damage. Backip everything, of course, before trying it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I have Information Pages unlimited v 2.044 installed with HTC and working as a dream. Must use pesudo pages and add meta tags for each id. If i find time i will update to latest 2.05 and try...

The only thing is that i have to check "root" to get information to show. If i uncheck "root" it goes blank.

Just a feature request sins we are into this contrib witch use pseudo pages.:

One option i would like is to have names on the pseudo files insted of information.php?info_id=x where id x may be my privacy page.

Example:

information.php?info_id=1 --> delivery

information.php?info_id=2 --> Privacy

information.php?info_id=5 --> Payment

Hi Arild,

Sorry I'm very new to all this could you tell me what "The only thing is that i have to check "root" to get information to show. If i uncheck "root" it goes blank." means.

thanks for the quick reply regarding adding page discriptions. Can anyone please advise how i go about adding these to my products
The description for products isn't part of Header Tags. Please ask in the general support forum for non-Header Tags help.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Dont worry I've sorted it!

As I'm an STS user I had skipped to 1A in the install_catalog.

I therefore didnt change the title code at top of information.php page.

I have changed this now and it works perfectly.

I only found out by putting some prints in the code to see where it was running through.

Line - else if (($result = FileNotUsingHeaderTags($parts[0])) === 'FALSE')

was coming back with $result = "TRUE"

The interesting thing is it didnt give me the "ERROR_NOT_USING_HEADER_TAGS," message at all until i added a print statement to test the variable earlier then it appeared.

Thanks again

Dean

Any examples of header tags seo sites implemented and working ?

You can see an example - Here.

In your browsers menu click - View > Source and you should see this -

<title>:: Hande's Hobbies :: - Revell 1960 Chevrolet Impala Hardtop 2in1</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Build a highly detailed Stock or Lowrider version - RMX/85-2040" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="Revell, 1960 Chevrolet, Impala, RMX/85-2040" />

;)

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I was wondering...

The product_info.php page uses the Product Title Tag for the top of the browser which is fine and dandy.

In the products_info.php description the Products Name is used, again fine and dandy.

But the breadcrumbs trail uses the Product Title Tag.

How could one change it so the breadcrumbs trail uses the Products Name instead? (if it's possible)

:huh:

I was wondering...

The product_info.php page uses the Product Title Tag for the top of the browser which is fine and dandy.

In the products_info.php description the Products Name is used, again fine and dandy.

But the breadcrumbs trail uses the Product Title Tag.

How could one change it so the breadcrumbs trail uses the Products Name instead? (if it's possible)

:huh:

There isn't an option to do that from within Header Tags. The includes/application_top.php file would have to be edited. The original application_top code uses the product name so you can just add that back.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack

I have installed HTSeo v3.1, and all right. But I need to disable in header_tags.php, the line that make the manufacturer name on the product_info.php when I visit the manufacturer page and choose a product from this page, I dont find this function, please can you help me?

There isn't an option to do that from within Header Tags. The includes/application_top.php file would have to be edited. The original application_top code uses the product name so you can just add that back.

Jack

Thank you so much Jack for pointing me in the right direction.

That change helped shorten my breadcrumb trail a little. ;)

I truely appreciate all the help you give us [especially me hehe]. Without it we [ok, me] would be lost.

Many appreciated thanks for all the time and effort you offer to this community!

Hi Jack:

I've done everything and now ran the headertags_seo_update.sql and am getting this error:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '. language_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM' at line 24

Totally stuck now. :blink: Please help!

- Andrea

In that SQL file, there's a line at the bottom in the Create Table Headertags section that reads like this:

PRIMARY KEY (page_name. language_id)

Am I nuts or shouldn't that be a comma instead of a period? Like...

PRIMARY KEY (page_name, language_id)

That's where the error is coming from.

- Andrea

That was it. I replaced the period with a comma and the SQL completed successfully.

Now I'm having trouble with my SEO-G urls contrib. It won't let me access the Header Tags section in Admin. It kicks me to the home page of my website.

- Andrea

Hello Jack

I have installed HTSeo v3.1, and all right. But I need to disable in header_tags.php, the line that make the manufacturer name on the product_info.php when I visit the manufacturer page and choose a product from this page, I dont find this function, please can you help me?

Try unchecking the Include Manufacturer box in Page Control for product_info.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That was it. I replaced the period with a comma and the SQL completed successfully.

Now I'm having trouble with my SEO-G urls contrib. It won't let me access the Header Tags section in Admin. It kicks me to the home page of my website.

- Andrea

Thanks for pointing out the error in the sql file.

The SEO-G problem is a problem with that contribution. You'll need to ask in its support thread for help.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons