• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

After i have installed Header Tags SEO and made the database changes I changed the index.php file and product-info.php file as recommended. Then i went to my shop and I got the following error message:

1146 - Table 'oscommerce.table_headertags_default' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT where language_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

What I do wrong and more importantly: how do I fix it?

I have four languages in my shop but i see only one (default) in headertags_default / language_ID...

Sorry for my post:

I have fixed the problem: I have installed all the changes and it works, only in English but i think i will manage that too.

Edited by opa6666

I'm not sure I'm following what happened or what the problem is now but the following may help.

The descriptions are stored in the database and are only changed by editing the product, in admin->Catalog, or by running Fill Tags. Since you didn't mention either of those, your descriptions should still be there. Be sure to uncheck the default options for prodcut_info.php in page control and checking the product option. If the descriptions are still there, they will show up in the products edit page so you can look there to check that. If the descriptions were overwritten, then you're out of luck, short of having a backup database.

You can't delete product_info from page control because that page requires special setup and without it, the contribution would be mostly useless. You can clear the contents for that page and click update though.

Jack

Thank you Jack for trying to help, I appreciate it. ;)

I did not run Fill Tags but no matter what settings I changed on Page Control it seemed the meta tags were locked and wouldn't change. I checked the database and could not find the 400+ entries that I entered in Admin>Catalog>Products. So I restored a database backup and now things are back to the way they should be, except minus 100 product updates. But at least I recovered 300+ product edits and have things back to normal. Oh well, it just gives me something to do this weekend. Maybe I can re-edit those 100 products quicker the second time around LOL.

And yes, I will do a database backup no matter how few products I update from now on. :blush:

Thanks again and take care!

Jim

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Jack,

Sorry, me again.

Please could you advise me as to what I need to alter in the root/index.php file so that the category description is also displayed on pages without any subcategories. These pages currently only display a list of products. I know its only a small alteration, but can't find it. (can't see the wood for the trees)

All the best,

Phil

The categories description is displayed on any categoy page if the text is entered in the categories edit page in admin.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The categories description is displayed on any categoy page if the text is entered in the categories edit page in admin.

Jack

Thanks Jack,

Now that you say this, I somewhat remember altering that about a year ago. When I first built this shop (it being my 1st and only) I think I may have altered the code to purposely do just as it's doing. For the past week, for some reason, I've had it in my head that the shop was acting as a fresh install would. I'll go back to an original file and look up my alterations.

Sorry for being such a Muppet, working alone with no-one to "bounce" ideas off doesn't help, thank god for these great forums, lol, and Jack.

All the best, and many thanks.

Phil

MY title shows Techtopia: AEX/TDM410P: PCI or PCIe FXO/FXS 1-4 ports w/HWEC

I want to add model number and pricein title like below

Techtopia: TDM410P AEX/TDM410P: PCI or PCIe FXO/FXS 1-4 ports w/HWEC $289

How can I do that?

That isn't something that is in the code so your would have to edit the code in includes/header_tags.php so that it reads in the model from the database and inserts it into the title and tags.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

After i have installled SEO and pushed on TEST i get the following message:

Language ID 2 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages.

And this for all my languages.

I have noticed that the header tag table uses a language_id and that OSC uses languages_id...so the ID's are not corresponending.

How to handle this?

Strange: after I did test I've got a message to put the SEO code in 6 files, I did that and tested again, I've got this:

The number of file entries in the database (16) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (22).

Files not in the database:

index.php

product_info.php

product_reviews.php

product_reviews_info.php

product_reviews_write.php

specials.php

And these are the files I first put the code in...

What is happening?

Edited by opa6666

Strange: after I did test I've got a message to put the SEO code in 6 files, I did that and tested again, I've got this:

The number of file entries in the database (16) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (22).

Files not in the database:

index.php

product_info.php

product_reviews.php

product_reviews_info.php

product_reviews_write.php

specials.php

And these are the files I first put the code in...

What is happening?

I can't say what is happening but those pages are default ones that should not be missing. Sounds like they were deleted somehow. You probably should run the uninstall and then the install database files to reset the database entries.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, Jack

I have this problem after installed the 3.0.9, the language cannot changed correctly from English to Unicode at the index page (but it is ok at the product info page). I have confirmed the issue related to Header Tag by removing the Header Tag from index.php.

Can you kindly give me hints on how to resolve it? Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sam

The code each page uses is the same so if it works on one and not the other, it seems it would have to be something on the index page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

The files are not missing and everything seems to work correctly.

The only thing that bothers me is this metatag:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" /> which is the same for all languages, but that is no problem.

Thank you for this outstanding piece of work.

Clicking delete will delete the entries for those languages in the Header Tags table so,worse case, it would only affect your Header Tags code. If that happened, you could re-install the database changes and be back to where you are now. Of course, anytime you changing the database, it is a good idea to back it up first.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I have the same error that appears for all languages installed.

Example

Language ID 1 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages.

Language ID 1 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages.

Language ID 2 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages.

On the site however contribution works.

What does the error mean? Should I ignore it or press delete?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Jack,

I have the same error that appears for all languages installed.

Example

On the site however contribution works.

What does the error mean? Should I ignore it or press delete?

Thank you in advance.

When the database chages are setup for Header Tags, it prefills the tables for the language of ID 1. If your languages don't use that ID, the default section won't work properly. That option in Fill Tags allows you to delete those unused entries. There's no way to test this under all situations so there is always a possibility that it is not correct. To be sure, you would have to look at the languages you have declared in your admin and their ID's.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I have the same error in SQL in Headertags and Headertags_default table:

bug_header.JPG

Appreciate of your advice of how to fix it up. Thanks.

Click Drop for the second one.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Great contrib!

Unfortunately, after installing RC2a + STSv4.5.8 and Header Tags SEO 3.0.9 the template isn't working well.

The $content string in the index is showing the shop again... a sort of shop in shop .

Does anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks for the help!

I'm having some difficulty filling tags automatically, or I'm misunderstanding something somewhere. I've run the "Fill Tags" several times, and I've manually added some tags via admin->categories->product edit. So, whenever I go to the "Page Control" page, I still get the red error message up top saying

Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 78 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 26 items with missing meta tag information.

In "Page Control" for product_info.php, I have Category checked, sort order 1; Product checked, sort order 2; Root checked, sort order 10. Running "Fill Tags" with "fill only empty tags" goes really quick, and then returns about 78 products with "The name for this item is missing." So do I need to go thru and manually tag every product? Or am I missing something somewhere else? I don't think I've even listed 78 products, 39 sounds closer, and 26 is twice the number of categories that I have. I just counted. I don't get it. Thanks.

Namasté,

Russ

EDIT - Looking at the "headertags" table in phpMyAdmin, I see that most of the pages are listed 3 times, some are listed twice. What did I do? And what should I do to fix it?

Edited by angryquaker

One: people are not wearing enough hats. Two: matter is energy. In the universe, there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person's soul. However, this soul does not exist ab initio, as orthodox Christianity teaches. It has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved, owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.

Great contrib!

Unfortunately, after installing RC2a + STSv4.5.8 and Header Tags SEO 3.0.9 the template isn't working well.

The $content string in the index is showing the shop again... a sort of shop in shop .

Does anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks for the help!

That combination works fine so it is a mistake in the installation somewhere. My guess is that you overwrote part of the STS code when installing Header Tags.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm having some difficulty filling tags automatically, or I'm misunderstanding something somewhere. I've run the "Fill Tags" several times, and I've manually added some tags via admin->categories->product edit. So, whenever I go to the "Page Control" page, I still get the red error message up top saying

Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 78 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 26 items with missing meta tag information.

In "Page Control" for product_info.php, I have Category checked, sort order 1; Product checked, sort order 2; Root checked, sort order 10. Running "Fill Tags" with "fill only empty tags" goes really quick, and then returns about 78 products with "The name for this item is missing." So do I need to go thru and manually tag every product? Or am I missing something somewhere else? I don't think I've even listed 78 products, 39 sounds closer, and 26 is twice the number of categories that I have. I just counted. I don't get it. Thanks.

Namasté,

Russ

EDIT - Looking at the "headertags" table in phpMyAdmin, I see that most of the pages are listed 3 times, some are listed twice. What did I do? And what should I do to fix it?

It is most likely empty tags for the other languages. Try using the Show Missing Tags option in Fill Tags.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks, Jack. I bet you're right, other languages hadn't crossed my mind, as I only use English. And spot-checking some products, they all seem to have a correct title, meta keywords and descriptions, so that must be it. I'm still getting some duplicate tag warnings on Google, but that appears to be due to product listing pages that are sorted in different ways. I didn't realize Google would do that when crawling the site. I'll have to look into blocking those pages or something, as I definitely don't want to get kicked off Google for spamming keywords or some such.

Namasté,

Russ

One: people are not wearing enough hats. Two: matter is energy. In the universe, there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person's soul. However, this soul does not exist ab initio, as orthodox Christianity teaches. It has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved, owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.

Hi all

I was trying to install Header Tags SEO on a OsCommerce RC2 shop with STS 4.58 on a windows server and it always gave me the following error:

on Test page, the Test result was correct but on Page Control, right column works fine but left one not: after introducing data for any of the pages of the list I get the following error:

1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'sortorder_title' at row 1

insert into headertags (page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, append_default_title, append_default_description, append_default_keywords, append_default_logo, append_category, append_manufacturer, append_product, append_root, sortorder_title, sortorder_description, sortorder_keywords, sortorder_logo, sortorder_category, sortorder_manufacturer, sortorder_product, sortorder_root, page_name, language_id) values ('products new home', 'products new description', 'products new keywords1,keywords2', 'products logo text', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '', '', '', '', '', '', '10', '1', 'product_info.php', '7')

[TEP STOP]

For those who have the same problem, I solved the problem changing the configuration of MySQL from STRICT_TRANS_TABLES mode to ANSI mode.

Sébastien

Edited by scartier

Thank you for posting this. I had already posted a fix for that but it is not something anyone searched for. The fix for it will be in the next version though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with the following changes:

-> Added code to includes/functions/header_tags.php to fill in missing title and tags if none selected. This is a sort of automatic use default option.

-> Added a few more files to the exclude list in admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php.

-> Fixed coding mistake in IsTemplate function that caused it to always be true.

-> Fixed Test function that checks languages.

-> Fixed Test function to properly handle checking files if a template system is installed.

-> Changed mysql code to work with all stirct mysql setting.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons